Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i think Zelensky is trash for a variety of reasons but not wearing a dumb rear end suit, the worst white person invention ever, is not one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

how embarassing

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1605689114975666177?s=20&t=sXAWKeTCv0RkIEORIqUCJA

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Spriter0000/status/1605683045461241856

some graphic photos going around of this.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

right up there with the all time Trump-isms and Bush-isms

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its once again time to beg for money i see

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Starsfan posted:

right up there with the all time Trump-isms and Bush-isms

media would edit trup for clarity because they knew he would cut their access if they repeated his word salad verbatim

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Comrade Koba posted:

well, if I wrote an article on january 2, 2023 telling the government to go gently caress themselves because they want to cooperate with turkey and as an argument provided some new information about some dirty poo poo turkey's been doing to political dissidents i could very much go to jail, lol

it brings me great comfort that mlmp08 would probably write a post about how technically i didn't go to jail for criticizing the government, i went to jail for criticizing the turkish government

lol

speaking of which, tangentially, this secrecy agreement with Poland and turkey, signed in may 21, finally went through parliament and was published in yesterday’s gazette:

https://nordicmonitor.com/2022/02/turkey-and-poland-agree/

quote:

Turkey and Poland agree on protection of data as part of $270 million drone deal
Levent Kenez/Stockholm

Turkey and Poland signed an agreement ensuring the confidentiality and protection of data within the scope of their cooperation in the defense industry. The agreement, obtained by Nordic Monitor, is a part of a recent drone deal between the two countries.

The agreement, which was signed on May 24, 2021 in Ankara by the countries’ defense ministers, is in the process of approval by the Turkish parliament. It is expected to soon be put into effect, considering that the first drone delivery to Poland will be made this year.

The text of the agreement on “Mutual Protection of Classified Information in Defence Industry” between Poland and Turkey:

The deal stipulates how security clearances will be provided for private contractors and sub-contractors who perform work within the scope of the countries’ defense industry cooperation. Any possible security violation in one party will be investigated immediately and reported to the other party.

Visits to facilities involving access to classified information will take place with the written consent of the receiving state authorities. Possible disputes will not be referred to any national or international tribunal or third party for settlement as the agreement envisages that such differences will be settled between the parties.

The agreement will be in force for five years and automatically renewed for another five years unless terminated by either party with 30 days’ advance notice through diplomatic channels.

Turkey and Poland signed a deal for the sale of Bayraktar TB2 unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAV), making Poland the first NATO and European Union member country to purchase Turkish drones during Polish President Andrzej Sebastian Duda’s official visit to Turkey in May 2021.

The drone deal was signed during a meeting of the Polish and Turkish presidents in Ankara last May.
According to information obtained by Nordic Monitor, Poland will purchase three ground stations and two simulators in addition to 24 military drones. One of the simulators will be deployed at the aviation academy in Deblin and the other to the UCAV base in Mirosławiec.

The agreement includes two-year technical support and training of 192 Polish officers who will serve as drone operators, commanders and instructors. All training sessions will take place entirely in Turkey in four groups at different times, taking 15-17 weeks for each group.

Delivery will take place over two years in batches of six, starting by October 31, 2022. The second set is planned to be delivered on April 30, 2023. The date for the third batch is October 31, 2023, and the last is due on April 30, 2024. The total cost is estimated at approximately $270 million.

Turkey and Poland are in close cooperation in military areas. Last year, the defense ministers of the two countries met twice in five months. Hulusi Akar, who welcomed his counterpart to Ankara in May 2021, paid a return visit in October 2021. Military experts said the two visits made in a short period of time were due to the details of the arms deal.

Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak previously said the cooperation between the two countries is not limited to NATO, stating that Poland intends to purchase new weapons systems from Turkey.

It is no secret that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, his family members and his business associates benefit immensely from the defense industry and military equipment sales. Bayraktar TB2 military drones are produced by the company owned by Erdoğan’s son-in-law, which takes advantage of all state facilities but also earns high profits in the local and international market with the sale of weapons, for which the only decision-maker is his father-in-law.

An important reason for choosing Turkish drones is that Turkey does not have a long export approval process unlike the US and the European Union.

Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak(L) and his Turkish counterpart, Hulusi Akar, met twice in the space of five months last year.
However, the effects of the drone trade on Turkish foreign policy, called “drone diplomacy” by many, are undeniable. While Erdoğan has offered to sell drones to every African country he visited, some deals began to pose risks for Turkey.

not sure how that affects current issues

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Dec 21, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/mortenhammeken/status/1594097813436174337

edit: Oh, this is kinda old, maybe I just forgot about it.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Dec 21, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

he should have worn a tan suit

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

imagine if volodomyr zelensky ahd worn a tan suit

ah fb

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Majorian posted:

lmao no, if it's so similar that mods are able to tell who it's mimicking, I'll just be impressed.

didn't catpetter get a ban for "syq"ing a reddit post

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Doktor Avalanche posted:

this is an adam sandler character

Leslie Nielsen would have killed as Joe Biden

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

I think he was ostensibly banned for violating an order not to syq from D&D and then it turned out that post he referenced was not actually from D&D but GBS.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Starsfan posted:

I think he was ostensibly banned for violating an order not to syq from D&D and then it turned out that post he referenced was not actually from D&D but GBS.

So the ban was reversed, right?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1605540391960420353

open up your wallet, america

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

couple of kids

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Honestly I think the temperature in the forums has cooled down enough that a well timed QCS thread might just get catpetter and sexpig unbanned.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the only way zelenskyys clothes could've been better is if they were covered in mud and scorch marks

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You can pretty much date the photo by his clothes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

Starsfan posted:

Something like that, yeah. IIRC it was more about him being catpetter than any hard-and-fast rule that was broken.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1605704873625804800?s=20&t=3iB0e7LWOqV_0ei2rsq51Q

Lol our leaders are so old. My *grandparents* probably weren't even past their 10th birthday in 1941.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BadOptics posted:

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1605704873625804800?s=20&t=3iB0e7LWOqV_0ei2rsq51Q

Lol our leaders are so old. My *grandparents* probably weren't even past their 10th birthday in 1941.

lol maybe pelosi forgot we didn’t like hitler back then

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Majorian posted:

Something like that, yeah. IIRC it was more about him being catpetter than any hard-and-fast rule that was broken.

Honestly I'm glad because he was constantly catching me out because I'm stupid

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
why the gently caress am i bothered by zelensky wearing his dumb operator cosplay cargo pants and sweater

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

You can pretty much date the photo by his clothes.

Also the fact that he suddenly stops being clean shaven. Somehow this had not occurred to me, but the choice to have some facial hair to appear tougher is very funny.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zelensky & Biden were planning a spring offensive to throw the russian menace out of Crimea

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

lets keep unconditionally supporting Ukraine and ruling out any negotiations so this war goes on for years killing millions

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Gresh posted:

lets keep unconditionally supporting Ukraine and ruling out any negotiations so this war goes on for years killing millions

Wars are a celebration of markets baybeee

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Gresh posted:

According to the NYT, even US defense officals don't think the Ukrainians can take back territory in a serious manner which begs the question what the Ukrainians are doing besides just being a placeholder nation put on the pyre for Washington's delight.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

News⚡️Cherkassy posted:

Four and a half thousand residents of Cherkasy fell ill with influenza and ARVI in a week

Since the beginning of the epidemic season, 48 490 cases of influenza and ARVI have been registered in Cherkasy region, 4 574 people fell ill last week.

Compared to the previous week, there is an increase in the incidence by 13.8%.
Exceeding the epidemic threshold was registered in 2 territorial communities: Lysyanska (by 26.0%), Uman (by 73.0%).
During the week, no fatalities were registered in the region.

👉ПІДПИСАТИСЬ НА NEWS CHERKASSY

📸 Прислати новину
(from t.me/news_cherkaassy/9703, via tgsa)

So that's like 4% of the regional population so far, if the wikipedia numbers are right.

I doubt anyone is really keep track of this going by how little mention I could find on twitter in terms of real numbers.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please dont gently caress up dulles for me please dont gently caress up dulles for me

buddy,

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

BadOptics posted:

It's cool how you don't have royalty in America, you just have rich families that treat your government as dynastic holdings

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

inshallah

https://twitter.com/apocalypseos/status/1605692247617388544

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Also the fact that he suddenly stops being clean shaven. Somehow this had not occurred to me, but the choice to have some facial hair to appear tougher is very funny.

Zelensky looks exactly like the sort of tourist you find drinking early afternoon at a street bar table or directly at the bar spot with peak viewing angles. Slightly too small and slightly too smartly dressed. Slowly sipping his diplomatico with two ice while being very careful to wear his $20k watch at the best presentation angle for maximum peacocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

no, but one of the people banned in the deviantart thread purge was unbanned