Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I use Psylocke in my zoo deck to either grab a big card early or just play an extra 1 card whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just pulled my first Winter variant; Rockslide

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Finally made level 80 by making people KNEEL BEFORE GALACTUS.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Having vastly more success climbing with Kazoo than Devil Dino at rank 70-ish (CL 1300). It's acutally kind of amazing how much power you can dump on the board in turn 6 and people are almost never expecting it. It's great against Leader and even Leech since most of your 1-drops are just bodies really. Just make sure you don't get turn priority going into turn 6 so they can drop a Killmonger after you've jizzed 1-drops everwhere.

Here's the deck if anyon'e curious, but it's pretty standard. I tinkered with Ultron but he's not actually that great, it's not hard to fill the board T6 without him and you end up with more options.

code:
# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Bishop
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vulpes posted:

Having vastly more success climbing with Kazoo than Devil Dino at rank 70-ish (CL 1300). It's acutally kind of amazing how much power you can dump on the board in turn 6 and people are almost never expecting it. It's great against Leader and even Leech since most of your 1-drops are just bodies really. Just make sure you don't get turn priority going into turn 6 so they can drop a Killmonger after you've jizzed 1-drops everwhere.

Here's the deck if anyon'e curious, but it's pretty standard. I tinkered with Ultron but he's not actually that great, it's not hard to fill the board T6 without him and you end up with more options.

code:
# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Blade
# (2) Angela
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Bishop
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
I have been using a similar deck but with Ultron and for the most part it has been working. Opponents are not really expecting me to flood the board on T6 with Ultron bots that are being powered up by Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
God drat I just keep getting rolled, I cannot figure out why I’m doing so bad. Went from 50 to 41 since yesterday. I had to take the game off my phone because I started to get really pissed off, time to take a break.

I don’t understand why I am bad at this loving game?!?!?!

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have been using a similar deck but with Ultron and for the most part it has been working. Opponents are not really expecting me to flood the board on T6 with Ultron bots that are being powered up by Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel

I'm honestly surprised by how many people are thrown off by this; they'll put down a Killmonger to knock off my Sunspot or Iceman that I put down early, only to be left standing there like Vincent Vega when drones fly in at (hopefully) 3 power.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

thatguyclint posted:

I'm honestly surprised by how many people are thrown off by this; they'll put down a Killmonger to knock off my Sunspot or Iceman that I put down early, only to be left standing there like Vincent Vega when drones fly in at (hopefully) 3 power.
I've only had one person in the last week or so throw a Killmonger at me on T6 to stop my plan

Otherwise like you said it's usually earlier in the match

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

lmao, just had someone retreat on turn 2 because we both played Wolverine on Vormir and they got tired of waiting for it to resolve.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Is there an official explanation/excuse for why some locations take so long to resolve? Warrior Falls had this issue too, but Vormir seems like a much easier thing to resolve.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Wtf I got the collector avatar in a reserve! I didn't know you could get an avatar. This stinks!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

poe meater posted:

Wtf I got the collector avatar in a reserve! I didn't know you could get an avatar. This stinks!

One out of every 4 reserves is a cosmetic (title, avatar, or variant). Wish they'd mix it up with some card backs at least, that's the one thing I always wish I had more of.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Just had an opponent drop wong on onslaughts citadel then dropped gambit on the following turn which loving nuked every important card I had

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

priznat posted:

God drat I just keep getting rolled, I cannot figure out why I’m doing so bad. Went from 50 to 41 since yesterday. I had to take the game off my phone because I started to get really pissed off, time to take a break.

I don’t understand why I am bad at this loving game?!?!?!

The game is just like that sometimes. Every opponent is going to have an answer for you. You're going to have the perfect card that gets hit by Iceman right before you were going to play it. If you get your ideal combo and drop 30 points in two lanes the opponent is going to get THEIR perfect combo that still beats you.

When you get really tilted you're going to make sloppy mistakes and burn through cubes because surely you're not gonna have ANOTHER game where the opponent drops their perfect combo on turn 6 (they will). Definitely the right move to just take a break.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Tender Bender posted:

The game is just like that sometimes. Every opponent is going to have an answer for you. You're going to have the perfect card that gets hit by Iceman right before you were going to play it. If you get your ideal combo and drop 30 points in two lanes the opponent is going to get THEIR perfect combo that still beats you.

When you get really tilted you're going to make sloppy mistakes and burn through cubes because surely you're not gonna have ANOTHER game where the opponent drops their perfect combo on turn 6 (they will). Definitely the right move to just take a break.

My favorite one of these 'sometimes lady luck just fucks you' moments lately was facing a Move deck that managed to draw a second Heimdall from The Raft. After they dropped one on T5 (had the -1 cost location as well) I thought I was safe to snap, but noooooooope.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I see a Sunspot thing advertised with a button that takes me to the store page, but the store page just has the Sue/Reed bundle.. What am I missing? I don't have the gold for it either way, just curious what the deal is.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

First of May posted:

Is there an official explanation/excuse for why some locations take so long to resolve? Warrior Falls had this issue too, but Vormir seems like a much easier thing to resolve.

Making games is hard (unironic answer)

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Cattail Prophet posted:

lmao, just had someone retreat on turn 2 because we both played Wolverine on Vormir and they got tired of waiting for it to resolve.

A dude snapped and rage quit over his own bucky play earlier today.

It is irritating though and I hope it's bug #1 on their list.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Xguard86 posted:

A dude snapped and rage quit over his own bucky play earlier today.

It is irritating though and I hope it's bug #1 on their list.

It takes so long that at some point it stops being funny and then at another point it starts being funny again.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Picked up Typhoid Mary for my Cage deck and man I wish this was better than it was

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Anyone know if the Cache/Reserves are predetermined when you reach the level or it's randomly chosen once you decide to open it? The event almost make me feel to hold onto reserves or leveling up for events like this.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

Anyone know if the Cache/Reserves are predetermined when you reach the level or it's randomly chosen once you decide to open it? The event almost make me feel to hold onto reserves or leveling up for events like this.

Determined when you reach them. You can hoard credits if you want, but there's a limit (10k now I believe?)

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So I have been (un)lucky and have received both Maria Hill and Agent Coulson over the course of the past few weeks via caches. Now that Nick Fury is coming out I’ve decided that the universe is trying to tell me something, so I’ve decided to make an Agents of Shield deck. What do you guys think? I am using mystique instead of taskmaster to copy Devil Dinosaur, but I have access to Taskmaster as well.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Armor
# (2) Maria Hill
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Rescue
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnRDb3Vsc29uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXJpYUhpbGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlc2N1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlQ29sbGVjdG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9XX0=

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I just unlocked the Patriot winter variant and I have Sera! But no Brood (or Silver Surfer). Is there a variant of the deck that's workable or is Brood like the card I want right now?

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

poe meater posted:

Could be worse, I got a Red Skull avatar which feels like they should have thought that through more.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Could be worse, I got a Red Skull avatar which feels like they should have thought that through more.

Imagine? Yeah, let me rock this Nazi as my avi.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

FlamingLiberal posted:

I've only had one person in the last week or so throw a Killmonger at me on T6 to stop my plan

Otherwise like you said it's usually earlier in the match

Yea I’ve lost by playing killmonger early enough that I just play him no earlier than turn 5 if I don’t have correct priority turn 6. Especially since ultron is never expected

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Artelier posted:

I just unlocked the Patriot winter variant and I have Sera! But no Brood (or Silver Surfer). Is there a variant of the deck that's workable or is Brood like the card I want right now?

Brood's not even that useful without Surfer, otherwise just grab all the non powered cards you can. Mystique, Onslaught, or Blue Marvel also help

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
pranked someone playing a zoo deck by killmongering turn 3 and then using odin to wipe out his voltron swarm turn 6, very good feeling

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

Zodack posted:

Picked up Typhoid Mary for my Cage deck and man I wish this was better than it was

I was lucky enough to open Shuri. Ramping into 4 with Psylocke then playing Shuri/Mary or Mary/Enchantress feels pretty great. I was thinking of throwing in Wong too, but that seems pretty greedy.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Brood's not even that useful without Surfer, otherwise just grab all the non powered cards you can. Mystique, Onslaught, or Blue Marvel also help

Brood is good in Patriot and Cerebro 2. I'm seeing those nerds all over the place

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Is there a way to know who gets moved by Dr Strange/Magneto/Polaris when there are multiple targets and not enough space?

Also, multiple man not being able to go back to the "can't place cards here on 3,4,5" location is bullshit, he clearly never left!!

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

After a slump, dropping 10 ranks im rising back up steadily.

People running Wong decks too often snap when they play him.

This game I had 2 Aeros and priority and just pulled anything away:

This game he used scarlet witch and changed it to Klyntar, changing his Wong into a symbiote. Not sure why he didnt retreat:

Where Wong is really scary is in a Negative deck where they can play a combo in one turn.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Studio posted:

Brood is good in Patriot and Cerebro 2. I'm seeing those nerds all over the place

It's good, but it's not essential. If you have Surfer then yeah you'll want it, I'm just saying you can make a good Patriot deck without

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

kaschei posted:

Is there a way to know who gets moved by Dr Strange/Magneto/Polaris when there are multiple targets and not enough space?

Also, multiple man not being able to go back to the "can't place cards here on 3,4,5" location is bullshit, he clearly never left!!

It's based on play order. Oldest-played cards are moved first.

This is also how Heimdall works.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m relatively new to the game and just finally got to the “grind” part of the game, what’s the best use of gold to progress in CL and such? Missions? Or buy credits directly? I did buy the battle pass thingy

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I'm not 100% about the math, but refreshing missions seems to be the best use of gold for earning credits.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Banjo Bones posted:

I'm not 100% about the math, but refreshing missions seems to be the best use of gold for earning credits.

Bundles are much better now, but you’ll likely have to wait a while before you accrue 6-7.5k gold.

Got the holiday Rockslide variant! :woop:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Chekans 3 16 posted:

JackDarko posted:

Imagine? Yeah, let me rock this Nazi as my avi.

wtf Brode!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Somehow won against a turn 6 she hulk, death, and leader. loving lol