Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I liked that the Burt Ward scene had him walking his dog, because he’s huge into dog things and sells dog food that looks like it was made by a crazy person but is supposedly very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
every single cameo was beautiful. i'm still salty that they didn't get one for Krypton in there.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ezra’s COIE cameo may be the only worthwhile thing they ever did while wearing that costume.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's amazing that the DCEU was (and is still!) such a clusterfuck that the Arrowverse of all things beat it to Crisis

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

Ezra’s COIE cameo may be the only worthwhile thing they ever did while wearing that costume.

i'm still annoyed that it was spoiled for me while i was at work. before the fuckin episode aired even!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

STAC Goat posted:

God I even forgot that happened. There was just so much silly nonsense in Crisis. It was amazing. I should rewatch it.

They spent three hours beating up Nazis in 2017. That was satisfying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Earth X crossover is awesome too. I like all the crossovers. They’re just the Arrowverse at its comic hooky indulgence peak. But Crisis is the absolute peak of that and will just never be done again on that level. Like on pure number of characters and crossover shows/movies it beats out Infinity War/Endgame.

It even had a frustrating Christmas cliffhanger like a proper comic crossover.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Earth X was good but I can't forgive it for killing Stein. He was two days to retirement!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Usually doesn't happen that a TV suit is better than a movie one but it's definitely the case here with Routh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
better than his Returns suit? Absolutely. that's also the apex Gustin Flash suit.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Everything about COIE was great except the fights against those weird ghost things

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I preferred Earth X because it felt like one big fluid event, while COIE had the same problem some of the other crossovers had where it was very obvious which of the Arrowverse shows you were currently watching based on featured characters. Also, COIE didn't have any scenes that I felt came close to matching the pure fun they seemed to be having at the very start of Earth X where it juggles between the four shows as they discuss Barry's upcoming wedding. Plotwise, it was a mess, and not well thought out even by Flash standards, but I'll admit that as a cameo delivery machine, it did that task better than anything I've seen before, and it might be the only media ever made where the appearances from all the properties are an actual legitimate selling point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Earth X was good but I can't forgive it for killing Stein. He was two days to retirement!

The entire final Firestorm subplot was very weird. You had Stein decide to leave the team and Jax learning to be a hero on his own. Then they kill Stein and Jax quits the team.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Stein's death in Earth-X was clearly an "editorial" mandate to have somebody die in the crossover, which was a bummer, but it lead to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLtExiDRCcU

...and then later the Stein puppet gets possessed by a serial killer because legends.

Argue posted:

I preferred Earth X because it felt like one big fluid event, while COIE had the same problem some of the other crossovers had where it was very obvious which of the Arrowverse shows you were currently watching based on featured characters.

Yeah, for all the talk of how ambitious a crossover COIE was, and to be clear it was ambitious as gently caress in how many people it pulled in I mean Kevin loving Conroy as a live action Bruce Wayne, Earth-X was more ambitious because it was more of a single story being told over four episodes of television. COIE had a bit of an episodic feel to it.

Also, you can never go wrong with a Chris Reeve callback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Wp8CUrjYg

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is all of the COIE crossover on HBO Max?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It should all be on Netflix but you gotta bounce between the shows and find the episodes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

STAC Goat posted:

It should all be on Netflix but you gotta bounce between the shows and find the episodes.

In the US Netflix has everything but Batwoman and HBO has Batwoman and nothing else (and has also announced they're removing Batwoman from the service this month)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

muscles like this! posted:

Gotham Knights will air March 14th, alongside the new season of Superman and Lois.

so we're still doing Batman shows without Batman are we

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Can't wait for this to be on HBO Max and for all of the good shows to not be

https://twitter.com/worldsfinest/status/1605635554736996379

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Really? Out of all shows, JLU? Jeez.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

F.D. Signifier posted:

What the loving gently caress?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Skwirl posted:

What the loving gently caress?
Zaslav

I believe someone here made this

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

F.D. Signifier posted:

Zaslav

I believe someone here made this

ooo! ooo! That was me!

Anyway yeah this is definitely Discovery's biggest crime so far imo

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

TwoPair posted:

ooo! ooo! That was me!

Anyway yeah this is definitely Discovery's biggest crime so far imo

That's good, you're good.

Final Crisis had some ridiculous stuff going on around it, but it was a really fun end of the world

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

F.D. Signifier posted:

A WB exec said a few weeks ago that they’re working on a package deal for DC animation with Amazon Prime Video, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the DC animation back catalog ends up moving there along with new stuff like Caped Crusader. but none of that is official yet, so it’s pretty lovely to remove such major back catalog content from HBO Max without giving any idea of when or whether it might return to streaming

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
drat I figured they would wait a little bit before doing the piece meal sell-off

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd definitively like to re-watch BTAS and the 2 JL cartoons again. Been listening to Talking Simpsons Blabbin' About Batman and they just did the Clock King episode and I cannot stop thinking about him and Riddler being a couple in Harley Quinn

Its because of my big stupid clock face!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

A WB exec said a few weeks ago that they’re working on a package deal for DC animation with Amazon Prime Video, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the DC animation back catalog ends up moving there along with new stuff like Caped Crusader. but none of that is official yet, so it’s pretty lovely to remove such major back catalog content from HBO Max without giving any idea of when or whether it might return to streaming

Is Caped Crusader even happening after Kevin's passing?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1609973144235937797

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I am really getting tired of this glorification of STEM

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I am really getting tired of this glorification of STEM

The entirety of American culture hangs on the empty notion that a good life is possible if you become an engineer or learn to code. Mathematicians are ridiculed as thoroughly as English professors.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I AM GRANDO posted:

The entirety of American culture hangs on the empty notion that a good life is possible if you become an engineer or learn to code. Mathematicians are ridiculed as thoroughly as English professors.

Yeah. It's fine if you learn to be a plumber or electrician or something. Probably pays better, too.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
One thing I have noticed a lot with young characters is how super-STEMy they all are, and not just a "I like to play on a computer" but a "oh I have hacked into the CIA 8 times today" kind of way. When was the last time there was a young new character that was a jock? Runaways?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Madkal posted:

One thing I have noticed a lot with young characters is how super-STEMy they all are, and not just a "I like to play on a computer" but a "oh I have hacked into the CIA 8 times today" kind of way. When was the last time there was a young new character that was a jock? Runaways?

Maybe we're due for it to swing back the other direction because apparently the generational divide now is Gen Z being less computer savvy than Millennials.

Might be tough to move away from though because so much of the world runs on computers and telecommunications and because "hacking" or the classic Enhance That Image is an easy narrative way (some might say it's a crutch) to move things along, explain how characters know/learn things, or remove boring barriers that otherwise exist in the real world, e.g. how else do you evade ubiquitous surveillance or get past electronic barriers. Much harder to break into a secure facility with just smooth talking or a maxed-out Tip Toe ability.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Besides maybe Amadeus Cho who are the young super hackers

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Besides maybe Amadeus Cho who are the young super hackers

Didn't one of the more recent Spider-Man cartoons take place at a STEM focused gifted high school? That makes sense for Parker himself, but it's weird when his entire supporting cast is also nerds. In the video game also Miles is a hacker. Moon girl isn't a hacker but a mad scientist type, Squirrel Girl is a comp-sci wunderkind.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Didn't one of the more recent Spider-Man cartoons take place at a STEM focused gifted high school? That makes sense for Parker himself, but it's weird when his entire supporting cast is also nerds. In the video game also Miles is a hacker. Moon girl isn't a hacker but a mad scientist type, Squirrel Girl is a comp-sci wunderkind.

The movies have him go to the School of Science and Technology. I feel like that was also the hook for maybe the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
In the Kelly Thompson run of Hawkeye, the author made it an explicit point that Kate is just helpless with computers. That felt charming to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

admittedly i quit reading the miles book but he wasn't ever really a hacker type in the older stuff. moon girl is supposedly the smartest person on earth but the book never really got deep into that aspect, focusing more on her bond with dd, and when she does it's like "mixes together super glue to stick the bad guy to the ground" or "reprogrammed a doombot" type stuff. doreen is a compsci undergrad but the book itself makes a point that it's super boring and it's break into the cia hacker poo poo, unless we want to count beating count nefaria by teaching him finger binary. might as well say kamala is a super hacker because she posts fanfic on the internet (i'll give you bruno though)

e: i literally just read this page last night so i'm gonna post cuz it's relevant

site fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 3, 2023