Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I want to give special props to TheGreyGhost for even doing the snake part accurately. I have reviewed and I did not find a single venomous snake in the list. :)

TGG is savage with the snake comps lol:
  • Ridder = Eastern Hognose
  • Brad Kaaya = Eastern Green Water Snake

:siren: I declare that TGG has FULFILLED THE CONTRACT :siren:

Where you want the animal charity donation to go, comrade?

p.s. I love TheGreyGhost and I don't care who knows it!!!

I’m partial to the Pasadena Humane Society out here for anyone who wants to get involved. My corgi “works” there as a socialization buddy when they have litters, and their food bank has saved a lot of needy pets who just want to stay with their people when things get bad out here.

Thinking about priorities, I’m going to set a goal of hitting Edge/DT classes next, probably going to shoot for the stretch goal on that but want to think about criteria a bit because body types differ so much there and change competencies drastically. It’s easier for the DTs than the Edges. Past that, I’ll leave it open to the group if WRs, OTs, IOL, or CBs make sense. Feel free to drop votes—I’ll order things based on interest since this is at its most fun when it follows the debate in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

I’m partial to the Pasadena Humane Society out here for anyone who wants to get involved. My corgi “works” there as a socialization buddy when they have litters, and their food bank has saved a lot of needy pets who just want to stay with their people when things get bad out here.

Thinking about priorities, I’m going to set a goal of hitting Edge/DT classes next, probably going to shoot for the stretch goal on that but want to think about criteria a bit because body types differ so much there and change competencies drastically. It’s easier for the DTs than the Edges. Past that, I’ll leave it open to the group if WRs, OTs, IOL, or CBs make sense. Feel free to drop votes—I’ll order things based on interest since this is at its most fun when it follows the debate in here.

Done and done :)

Thank you for the effort and time, TGG! Our TFF community has a higher quality because of you.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have reread the effort post multiple times. Incredible content. I did not expect you to do the like of Zappe and Strong. Kudos again, comrade.

I am teetertottering on CJ Stroud again. He seems great again but on the "got that dawg in him", Stroud scored a measly 4. Scouting is hard!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It’s hard for tOSU skill guys to have that dawg in em

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I liked your post Grey Ghost, but it is Brock Purdy erasure and even after watching him play two games I can decide if he's an anti tools guy who's just loving good or if it's all going to come crashing the gently caress down.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

TGG fuckin' rules lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
spent like three hours looking up snakes, thanks

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pontius Pilate posted:

spent like three hours looking up snakes, thanks

what was a snake fact that you found noteworthy?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

people continue to deny the existence of the hoop snake

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I discovered in North American snake lore I am probably safe from dying by a bite from a Cottonmouth or Copperhead even if I don't seek medical care. Miserable for a long while but living through it.

Rattlesnake bites will gently caress you all the way up if you don't deal with them though.

This relates to the future draft when Spencer Rattler comes out of course.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Zach Wilson is an Eastern glass lizard.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

The prevalence of snake cannibalism is absolutely horrifying.

Anyways let’s talk about backup quarterbacks taking the starter’s jobs like Brock Pur—

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It’s hard for tOSU skill guys to have that dawg in em

Haskins had significantly more just off of his defense never meaning a safe lead. Fields played through like 10 different injuries. Stroud…just occasionally looks sad and annoyed out there? Like, I’m not a big “vibes” or emotions guys but there’s something deeply weird about a guy who makes the throws he does to the guys he does who just…doesn’t get all that fired up and talks like a Dabo amount about Jesus in every single interview. He might just be the latest in a series of QB prospects who have been out there so long they’ve done the Russell thing and filed their personalities down but I’m very very interested in how he finishes Bowl season.

BlindSite posted:

I liked your post Grey Ghost, but it is Brock Purdy erasure and even after watching him play two games I can decide if he's an anti tools guy who's just loving good or if it's all going to come crashing the gently caress down.

I like Purdy as a backup or substitute for Jimmy, but “anti-tools” isn’t correct more just “anti-arm talent” because he doesn’t have a real scary deep ball or 20 yard rip.. He is benefiting quite a bit right now from the lack of tape meaning he can challenge the sidelines right now without guys teeing off when he hangs a ball, but the ball gets out of his hands quickly enough within 10-15 yards that even having to dial those risks back probably doesn’t completely kill him? Remember, Kyle’s offense just kinda does this with quarterbacks, because you can hide guys who suck under pressure or deep with all his horizontal stress. They’ll bring Lance back when healthy, but there’s a reasonable chance Purdy can give you roughly what Jimmy does as a backup, and the tape can take 8-10 games to catch up with you.

Purdy with a league average arm probably gets drafted like Day 2ish

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 22, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Once again, more TGG has made my valuation of stroud flip flop. So much flip flopping you’d think I was at the beach!!!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
wait Stroud has a Russell Wilson-esque religious obsession?

...hard pass for me on that one.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

The prevalence of snake cannibalism is absolutely horrifying.

Anyways let’s talk about backup quarterbacks taking the starter’s jobs like Brock Pur—

Haskins had significantly more just off of his defense never meaning a safe lead. Fields played through like 10 different injuries. Stroud…just occasionally looks sad and annoyed out there? Like, I’m not a big “vibes” or emotions guys but there’s something deeply weird about a guy who makes the throws he does to the guys he does who just…doesn’t get all that fired up and talks like a Dabo amount about Jesus in every single interview. He might just be the latest in a series of QB prospects who have been out there so long they’ve done the Russell thing and filed their personalities down but I’m very very interested in how he finishes Bowl season.

I like Purdy as a backup or substitute for Jimmy, but “anti-tools” isn’t correct more just “anti-arm talent” because he doesn’t have a real scary deep ball or 20 yard rip.. He is benefiting quite a bit right now from the lack of tape meaning he can challenge the sidelines right now without guys teeing off when he hangs a ball, but the ball gets out of his hands quickly enough within 10-15 yards that even having to dial those risks back probably doesn’t completely kill him? Remember, Kyle’s offense just kinda does this with quarterbacks, because you can hide guys who suck under pressure or deep with all his horizontal stress. They’ll bring Lance back when healthy, but there’s a reasonable chance Purdy can give you roughly what Jimmy does as a backup, and the tape can take 8-10 games to catch up with you.

Purdy with a league average arm probably gets drafted like Day 2ish

Thank you sir.

Kinda confirmed a little what my gut was telling me because watching him I thought gently caress those balls take forever to get to target outside the hashes but they just seem to.find the receiver.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Dude literally responded to the criticism of the UM loss and giving up they did with “you know who else the world gave up on” *guitar strum* Dabo style. I don’t think he’s got the charisma to sell like fake concussion water or crosses, but he’s going to give some incredibly cringe-y press at the next level no matter how he does.

Holy shot can he throw a corner route though

BlindSite posted:

Thank you sir.

Kinda confirmed a little what my gut was telling me because watching him I thought gently caress those balls take forever to get to target outside the hashes but they just seem to.find the receiver.

As a general rule in watching QBs, if you unconsciously notice the ball is in air longer than you think, it probably was, at least in NFL parameters.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'll never forget in the 2015 season seeing A.J. McCarron start multiple games live. The balls floated for an absurd amount of time.

Edit: I was used to seeing Andy Dalton and it was still shocking.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll never forget in the 2015 season seeing A.J. McCarron start multiple games live. The balls floated for an absurd amount of time.

Edit: I was used to seeing Andy Dalton and it was still shocking.

The one I will never forget is Ken Dorsey. If there is a supervillain origin story to me, it’s getting exposed to 3 Ken Dorsey NFL starts and being absolutely baffled how anyone could seriously believe an NFL quarterback could throw that weak of a ball.

In honor of tonight’s Zach Wilson start, I went back to the 2021 thread and read my comps and strengths/weaknesses. I remember calling Lawrence and Fields the top 2 but:

- Called Lawrence something between Stafford and prospect Peyton (this…doesn’t seem too far off at this point with above average processing and a willingness to rip). Occasionally pushed the ball too much and bent to pressure. Otherwise excellent. Feel very good about this one.

- Fields I nailed the ball holding and occasional middle of field misses, along with the occasional overlord. Did not expect him to be running this much but more surprised by the coach willingness than anything. He definitely does throw like Kyler, but he’s running far better than the Dak comparison I expected.

- Wilson, well, nailed that he wasn’t throwing guys open even with that release. Nailed him holding the ball too long and failing to rip longer throws. Jimmy G with better feet was probably too generous of a comparison, but he hasn’t grown at all.

- Mac, lmao Matt Leinart was dead on.

- Gonna withhold judgment on Trey for sample size to this point. Ideal situation Tyrod isn’t out of the question still.

- Trask as Henne holds up, but lol when 45 year old brady probably can still outthrow you in practice.

- Mond as Locker or Kizer with tools and only a theoretical game feel was dead on.

Sometimes I think I’m just a hater with these guys, but it really is super hard to become an NFL quarterback, much less a good one!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
justHIM herbert

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

Dude literally responded to the criticism of the UM loss and giving up they did with “you know who else the world gave up on” *guitar strum* Dabo style. I don’t think he’s got the charisma to sell like fake concussion water or crosses, but he’s going to give some incredibly cringe-y press at the next level no matter how he does.

Holy shot can he throw a corner route though

As a general rule in watching QBs, if you unconsciously notice the ball is in air longer than you think, it probably was, at least in NFL parameters.

Kinda drove it home for me watching highlights of the 2015 game between the Panthers and Seahawks. Prime Newton and Wilson could flat loving drive a ball and it was massively noticeable the difference in that pop and drive.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ah poo poo Texans will be all in on him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kirios posted:

Ah poo poo Texans will be all in on him.

Hasn't Caseiro been fired? Or is the owner just as much of a god botherer?

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

That'd be a no, and an emphatic yes.

I guarantee that any personnel decisions that the failson owner is involved in will prioritize by piety, and future franchise QB is going to be on that list.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

tarbrush posted:

It was the weird preacher got fired. Now we get to find out of Caseiro sucks

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Oh, I had conflated the two. The dude that hired Caseiro got fired then? Who was he?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

tarbrush posted:

Oh, I had conflated the two. The dude that hired Caseiro got fired then? Who was he?

Jack Easterby

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that Russell Wilson won a super bowl

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Reminder that Russell Wilson's defense won a super bowl

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SUPERBOWL XLVIII (2013 season)
  • 18/25
  • 206 YDS
  • 8.2 AVG YDS
  • 2TD
  • 0INT
  • 0 SACKS
  • 123.1 Rating
  • 26 RUSHING YDS

Nothing but a game manager. Trash qb. Kirk Cousins tier imo. Was never good.

edit: woah. How many rush yards do you think Marshawn had in that superbowl? 39 yards!!! on 15 attempts! https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201402020den.htm#all_team_stats

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 23, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

• 18/25
  • 206 YDS
  • 8.2 AVG YDS
  • 2TD
  • 0INT
  • 0 SACKS
  • 123.1 Rating
  • 26 RUSHING YDS

edit: woah. How many rush yards do you think Marshawn had in that superbowl? 39 yards!!! on 15 attempts! https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201402020den.htm#all_team_stats

They were up 29-0 before Wilson threw his first TD pass. 16 of those points were scored by defense and special teams. I don’t think Wilson broke 100 yards passing til nearly the end of the 3rd quarter. He was fine but I think I could have played QB in that game and still won.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They were up 29-0 before Wilson threw his first TD pass. 16 of those points were scored by defense and special teams. I don’t think Wilson broke 100 yards passing til nearly the end of the 3rd quarter. He was fine but I think I could have played QB in that game and still won.

Matt Ryan: 'Hold my beer for a minute'

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The NFC Conference game was the real Superbowl in 2013, whoever won would have stomped the AFC team either way. Wilson had:

215 yards
1 TD
0 Int

Kind of game managery?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

• 18/25
  • 206 YDS
  • 8.2 AVG YDS
  • 2TD
  • 0INT
  • 0 SACKS
  • 123.1 Rating
  • 26 RUSHING YDS

[/url]

No one said this

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

No one said this

You said this. It was subtext. Take a literary analysis course crying out loud!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

The NFC Conference game was the real Superbowl in 2013, whoever won would have stomped the AFC team either way. Wilson had:

215 yards
1 TD
0 Int

Kind of game managery?

I think people forget how poo poo his offensive line was in that game and just how amazing San Frans pass rush was that year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You said this. It was subtext. Take a literary analysis course crying out loud!

The side of the ball that the superbowl mvp is on won the game. Duh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It was the weird preacher got fired. Now we get to find out of Caseiro sucks

This year's draftees turned out alright until they all got hurt or got cancer.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Edward Mass posted:

This year's draftees turned out alright until they all got hurt or got cancer.

I am mad and sad that Stingley got injured :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Just chiming in to say the last few pages have been absolutely delightful. Literally bookmarked it so I can go back and read it again when I have more than a handful of minutes.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Changed his mind.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1608263089006444546