Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Viginti Septem posted:

I have no one who likes me for who I am. I'm beginning to see that family just wants me to go away.

My mom basically told me, if you choose to kill yourself or don't just know that I love you either way.

Who loving says that?

I've learned some things about you since you joined us here. Nothing secret, just what you've told us.

Overall, I think I'd very much like you for who you are if I were to meet you IRL. I know it's not the same as if someone you met face-to-face said it, but I hope it helps a little.

And as to what your mom said, that's hosed up. My mom said some toxic things when I was growing up, but that's pretty bad. Please try to look for better guidance.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Why not eat at home?

Robot Made of Meat

Prof. Crocodile posted:

people are often shocked to find out that i am not really a professor.

:monocle:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i had a food question i was going to ask the thread but i forgot what it was
how do?

astral

Saoshyant posted:

foobar2000 as it's always been. Full customizable (keep it simple or make it crazy), supports every format out there, and wastes no computer resources so it loads in things from 2004 or so. I have been using it since the late Winamp era and never looked back.

It even is about to (or maybe already does; it was in the beta a while back) support dark mode.

Shifty Nipples

astral posted:

It even is about to (or maybe already does; it was in the beta a while back) support dark mode.

woah I was just debating a while ago whether to post "thank you astral for making subscript so easy" and here you are

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

astral posted:

I'm aware there's been various attempts at making a dark theme for it at least. This is one of them which doesn't look too bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nyZ-pf6GCc

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Thanks all, I had a bad episode earlier. Spent the afternoon with my dad and bird. I do have an interview tomorrow (maybe... crazy storm starting tonight so no telling if we'll keep it or maybe have to reschedule.)

So that's a very good thing.

And I had a meeting with the school counselor and my grades turned out better than they were preparing for, and my GPA is better, so I'll be able to get full financial aid for next semester and not appeal anything. Also very good. I should have one of my Associates (AA) by end of summer. My AFA needs more fine art classes before I can finish, which would put me into the Fall semester, but I was hoping to start a BFA at University in the fall. Found out that any Fine Arts credits I earn at University in the process of my BFA can be retro'd back to my community college as credit for my AFA if I want. Which is pretty cool, my current college would just grant me the degree even if I finish at a university (I know associates is pretty meh in the grand scheme if I'm doing higher degrees, but still nice of them).

It's going to get to -5 degrees tonight with a wind chill of -35 tomorrow and several inches of snow. Everyone in town freaked out and slammed the grocery stores.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
So I have covid and it looks unlikely I van go home and see my mum for Christmas. Her Mum died in October, so its extra lovely.

I feel guilty and sick and awful and fml lol

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chewbecca posted:

So I have covid and it looks unlikely I van go home and see my mum for Christmas. Her Mum died in October, so its extra lovely.

Sorry to hear your health hasn't improved yet. By Sunday I believe you should not be contagious though considering how many days it's been since its start. You can and should wear a mask indoors, though. Don't let this stupid disease ruin your and your mom's Christmas, you can still get together as long as you follow some basic safety rules just in case.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

:sympathy: i am so sorry friend, your health is important and best to get back on your feet. Hopefully in time she'll understand you made the right decision and maybe you can visit her when you're feeling 100 percent better (hopefully soon).

Stoner Sloth

Viginti Septem posted:

Thanks all, I had a bad episode earlier. Spent the afternoon with my dad and bird. I do have an interview tomorrow (maybe... crazy storm starting tonight so no telling if we'll keep it or maybe have to reschedule.)

And I had a meeting with the school counselor and my grades turned out better than they were preparing for, and my GPA is better, so I'll be able to get full financial aid for next semester and not appeal anything. Also very good. I should have one of my Associates (AA) by end of summer. My AFA needs more fine art classes before I can finish, which would put me into the Fall semester, but I was hoping to start a BFA at University in the fall. Found out that any Fine Arts credits I earn at University in the process of my BFA can be retro'd back to my community college as credit for my AFA if I want. Which is pretty cool, my current college would just grant me the degree even if I finish at a university (I know associates is pretty meh in the grand scheme if I'm doing higher degrees, but still nice of them).

It's going to get to -5 degrees tonight with a wind chill of -35 tomorrow and several inches of snow. Everyone in town freaked out and slammed the grocery stores.

I'm glad you got some good news my friend! Been thinking about you and wishing you the best, hope you have a chill and good holidays and please tell Kacie she is beautiful and i love her tia

Escape From Noise

Saoshyant posted:

foobar2000
It sounds more like you want something with a full library available already instead of using your own, though?

While YT Music has a streaming library, I only started using it because Google play music was killed and I could transfer my library over.

Edit: I mean for my music on the go.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

B33rChiller

For fans of always sunny
https://youtube.com/watch?v=52c7vu7jfR8&feature=shares

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Escape From Noise

I'll sometimes stream stuff on YouTube Music but they're selection is limited and I like listening to stupid noisy poo poo that's hard to find.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Chewbecca posted:

now is the time to do selfish things and drink lots of fluids and post in the yob. I mean what else can u do

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

enjoyed this a great deal on Sunday night when it came out. Danny is a rambling old man lmao

B33rChiller

Areola Grande posted:

enjoyed this a great deal on Sunday night when it came out. Danny is a rambling old man lmao

Hahaha yeah, he's a joy. Showing up at random people's house, lost on the way to the show, not wanting to say much to the bewildered folks at the door because he thinks he's being hosed with.

Dr. Honked posted:

Areola Grande

B33rChiller posted:

Hahaha yeah, he's a joy. Showing up at random people's house, not wanting to say much to the bewildered folks at the door because he thinks he's being hosed with.

many lmaos

Areola Grande

the "structure" of the podcast went right out the door immediately when he finally showed up

Escape From Noise

I have a box of CDs I refuse to part with despite people making fun of me for it. But it has some albums in there I don't think I could ever find again. Even with limitless resources. Like this band I saw in Sapporo when I studied there. Listened to their album again today. poo poo's a jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYdRoy34ftU

Escape From Noise

They have a song called Daikon Yakusha and it's so good.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 22, 2022

astral

Shifty Nipples posted:

woah I was just debating a while ago whether to post "thank you astral for making subscript so easy" and here you are

There are several more bbcode buttons still to be added!

Saoshyant posted:

I'm aware there's been various attempts at making a dark theme for it at least. This is one of them which doesn't look too bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nyZ-pf6GCc

Yeah I'm talking about native/official dark mode support. Looks like foobar2000 v2.0 (which has this dark mode) is still considered a beta.

B33rChiller

Does your puter thingy have native yob mode?
Cause I like these colours and kitty.

Dr. Honked posted:

Escape From Noise

While no Christmas song is quite as hellish as Wonderful Christmastime, Little Drummer Boy gets pretty close.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Escape From Noise posted:

While no Christmas song is quite as hellish as Wonderful Christmastime.

Escape From Noise

It is absolutely the worst Christmas song.

Goons Are Gifts

I have a confession to make

I really like you

sb hermit

It's 2 am where I am, and I'm completely awake and I dunno if I'll get any sleep tonight.

I have to try, though, because I have to be presentable later today.

But for now, I'm hitting the gin and posting and hopefully my brain will calm down enough for me to consider sleep.

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Chewbs! :ohdearsass: I hope you and yours stays safe. Where I am, a lot of people either have covid, the flu, or some sort of cold bug.

sb hermit

Viginti Septem posted:

VS, I appreciate the updates and I hope you and Kacie stay warm and safe.

sb hermit

B33rChiller posted:

Please forgive me.
Have my latest sonic shitpost made in the spirit of
https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/audiot
The phrase "audio terrorism" stuck with me from the synth pageant op.

I might hit you up for synth tips. Do you frequent any SA subforums for boop creation?

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

now is the time to do selfish things and drink lots of fluids and post in the yob. I mean what else can u do

i'm with you on that. I'm drinking gin and posting as fast as I can.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Escape From Noise posted:

Is there such a thing as a decent mp3 player anymore? Something with a drag and drop interface that doesn't require some bullshit proprietary software to load music files to it? I'm like at the end of my rope here YT Music like barely worked so I was using it while holding out hope that I'd find even some obscure janky rear end open source version of Google Play Music, but it's like Spotify and iTunes bullshit all the way down.

Why not winamp?

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Escape From Noise

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Why not winamp?

I mean like a physical mp3 player. Not a program.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
My favorite play in the game of bullshit is, with a double-deck game, to play like eight fives, three times in one round, and the third time is the time when the cards are *actually* the eight fives but earlier you did it the second time so nobody wanted to call bullshit the second time because they thought you just pulled that same trick again.

Isn't Mao the game where you occasionally add a new rule, and most of the players don't know the rules and have to derive them from what happens?

A good game is Zendo - nominally played with Icehouse pieces, but you can play it with coins or a deck of cards or other things really.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SIMPLY

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
HAVING

Escape From Noise

Tough day at work today and the restaurant manager sapped my will to live at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

i had a lil mp3 player for a while it was a treasured possession but it stopped working

rip

i got it at a dollar store but those were different times

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)