Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Quackles posted:

It's based on play order. Oldest-played cards are moved first.

This is also how Heimdall works.

Polaris just picks a random 1-or-2 cost card, doesn't she? OP may have meant Aero though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

goferchan posted:

Polaris just picks a random 1-or-2 cost card, doesn't she? OP may have meant Aero though

Polaris might. Magneto goes in play order. I think Dr Strange also goes in that order.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I was playing my Ultron Swarm deck earlier and ran into a Wong. Didn't draw Cosmo or Enchantress the entire match. I thought it was for sure a loss but I beat it because of my early miracle combo of Angela/Zero/Ebony Maw on the location they played Wong. I played Ultron there on the last turn and they didn't counter my Kazar/Blue Marvel lane so I barely won by I think two points.

drat it feels good to overpower a Wong deck that got their combo. It was nearly the full combo - Wong, White Tiger, and Odin.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
gently caress leader and gambit, I hate those goddamn cards more than any other. Such a cheap rear end win.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Leader is terrible because he makes you feel bad about playing your cards. That's just not good card game design, like on a base conceptual level.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Got enough tokens for a Series 5 card! What should I get as my first card in the batch? My gut says Shuri as she is the most flexible, but also Galactus is a fun idea.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Waffleopolis posted:

Got enough tokens for a Series 5 card! What should I get as my first card in the batch? My gut says Shuri as she is the most flexible, but also Galactus is a fun idea.

Galactus or Thanos for fun. Bast, if you have Mr Negative. Darkhawk is niche but is apparently stronger than he looks - he's good anti-Leader tech.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Jedit posted:

Galactus or Thanos for fun. Bast, if you have Mr Negative. Darkhawk is niche but is apparently stronger than he looks - he's good anti-Leader tech.

As someone who has Galactus, Bast and Darkhawk I’d say that:

Galactus needs Death or Knull to shine and Green Goblin helps too to give an extra chance for putting a goblin in their lane and not being vulnerable to Leader.

Bast is good for a Mr Negative deck for sure but even with her I don’t think it’s a top tier deck. Too finicky about getting the right cards in the right order.

Darkhawk is okay but normally he’ll end up like a 4 cost 7ish power card which isn’t great. I’m using him in my Negative deck which if it pulls him in the right order makes him a 1 cost 10ish power card, but without Mr Negative (and even half the time with him as you’ll pull him too early) he’s not going to be a point efficient card. That said if the stars align then mega dawkhawk is real and good and my friend and with certain weekly hot or featured locations he can really shine.

I don’t have her but She Hulk seems both powerful and versatile and her only real weakness is Leader decks.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 22, 2022

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yes! Suck it Trebek! Finally, FINALLY clawed my way up to rank 60.
Got Baby Shang Chi as my free variant, but that's cool, I finally broke 60 after weeks of getting knocked down hard.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Waffleopolis posted:

I would wait until you're really really certain. I find Valkyrie most appealing but her winrate is abysmal (which ofc doesnt tell the whole story but it implies she's not going into good decks).

Keep in mind Brode said Galactus was on a nerf watch list last week so watch out.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 22, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sentry in my shop, I didn't even know he'd been added. Doesn't seem very good though, am I missing something?

I guess if you fill the right lane first and then play him, but even then I feel like there are better options than a 4/8 at that point

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Sentry in my shop, I didn't even know he'd been added. Doesn't seem very good though, am I missing something?

I guess if you fill the right lane first and then play him, but even then I feel like there are better options than a 4/8 at that point
A
Will be good in a Zabu deck

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Carnage, Deathlok and Viper are also options.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jedit posted:

Carnage, Deathlok and Viper are also options.

Mmm, good call

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Pulled him randomly with A13. He goes very nicely with Viper.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I believe he was just released yesterday

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Pulled Attuma and it's a pretty good leader counter to keep one of your lanes open and then theirs gets destroyed

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Zoo players who snap before seeing Killmonger are braver than the troops

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
While Sentry naturally pairs with Viper, I’m pumped to have him in my Valkyrie deck.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Mmm, good call

Works with Cosmo too-- it's nice when your tech/counter cards also benefit your own deck. That said , it's a cool card but that "can't play in the right location" restriction makes me nervous. Jessica Jones or Warpath seem like less hassle for a big turn 4 power swing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goferchan posted:

Works with Cosmo too-- it's nice when your tech/counter cards also benefit your own deck. That said , it's a cool card but that "can't play in the right location" restriction makes me nervous. Jessica Jones or Warpath seem like less hassle for a big turn 4 power swing.

Warpath restricts your line of play at least as much as Sentry, and Jessica won't be buffed if she's played on turn 6.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jedit posted:

Warpath restricts your line of play at least as much as Sentry, and Jessica won't be buffed if she's played on turn 6.

This is true, Sentry also (partially) has his downside removed by Zero. It's definitely an interesting card and the idea of another Viper target is super exciting -- again though, I'm less worried about the Void and more worried about "can't play this in the right lane"

edit: and it's fun thinking about playing it into an enemy Leader while your right lane is full and theirs isn't

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hadn't seen Leader that much in general so I mostly stayed out of Leaderchat. Just added him as a finisher in my Sera deck and lol this card is stupid. If I'm behind I play my Sera miracle, if I'm behind I play Leader. Although at this point I'm wondering if I should stop splitting the difference and swap out Sera for Leech or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sentry would work well in destroy desks right? Just throw a Carnage or Deathlok at The Void

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sentry would work well in destroy desks right? Just throw a Carnage or Deathlok at The Void
It sounds pretty good yeah. You're running hood too so viper can fit as well and destroy is short on turn 4 plays as is.

EDIT: I'll say it, mbaku is a better card than maria hill.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 22, 2022

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

the_american_dream posted:

Zoo players who snap before seeing Killmonger are braver than the troops

Sounds like "zoo" decks are the ones full of mostly small things getting buffed?

Yeah, just had a match against one, and it was the zoo-iest. ALL of their cards before turn 6 were 1-cost cards. Granted, I might have lost, but I finally drew my Killmonger on turn 5, then put him out on turn 6 (he snapped end of turn 4, I snapped once I got Killmonger.) Didn't even play an Armor or Prof X anywhere to protect their cards...bizarre play style.

So...if I'm seeing the shop right, the ONLY way to get a card that's not random is buy the one-card-at-a-time with Collector tokens, or the bundles with gold? Though right now, the two bundles I see are mostly just variants of cards I have (a Sunspot one and a Fantastic Four one...the only new card I would get is a Doom from the FF bundle, I already have Sunspot, Reed and Sue.)

I see I can also buy individual variants for gold, but those are all variants of cards I already have...not sure if that's by design or just coincidence?

Just weird cause I've seen posts asking "should I buy X or buy Y?" and I'm curious if they just saying "IF I see those pop up i the shop, should I get them?" or if there's some other way to browse/buy cards I'm not aware of?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

team overhead smash posted:

As someone who has Galactus, Bast and Darkhawk I’d say that:

Galactus needs Death or Knull to shine and Green Goblin helps too to give an extra chance for putting a goblin in their lane and not being vulnerable to Leader.

Marvel Snap! An extra chance for putting a goblin in their lane.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

they are just saying "IF I see those pop up i the shop, should I get them?"

No, it's just this. Most players either have a bunch of collector's tokens and are letting their token shop cycle through cards that they might want to buy, or they don't have enough tokens for a card yet and pin something they really want so it doesn't rotate.

The variants for gold are always for cards that you already own.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
What's with all these jerks putting Armor on Vormir. It's soo boring. Just stop.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got a high enough collection level to unlock Collector Caches but it won't let me open my first one. Keeps saying something went wrong and to check back in a few minutes. Been going on for a while and I've restarted the app, what can I do?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont think you should feel like any cards are safe buys, she hulk the safe buy has been getting her butt kicked by leader the past two weeks. I recommend looking at the decks you're interested in making and figuring out which key enablers/flexible supporting cards you might need. Spending 5k tokens on death, dr doom, magneto, mystique, and wong doesnt actually get you a deck.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

uXs posted:

What's with all these jerks putting Armor on Vormir. It's soo boring. Just stop.

I keep thinking I'm running into Destroyer decks but it's just cowards

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

I keep thinking I'm running into Destroyer decks but it's just cowards

Really wish I had Goblin so I could teach them a lesson.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vormir is a great location. Inconvenient but fair and sometimes makes it inconvenient for opponent to cosmo my wong. A+ more like these pls.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok so I kind of have an idea of when a deck plays Doom and Ultron but what signs do you guys look for to play around Leech/Leader and Aero?

I dont see Aero enough to know when to play around and Leech decks look like any other reveal decks to me and dont stand out until its dropped

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just unlocked Wasp, is there anything she’s useful for?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just unlocked Wasp, is there anything she’s useful for?

Patriot, Lockjaw

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Cheap fodder for Carnage or Venom, especially if you can pump her up in any way for Venom.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don’t have either of those yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_american_dream posted:

Ok so I kind of have an idea of when a deck plays Doom and Ultron but what signs do you guys look for to play around Leech/Leader and Aero?

I dont see Aero enough to know when to play around and Leech decks look like any other reveal decks to me and dont stand out until its dropped

The standard list had sunspot->scorpion->Maximus->white queen, if I see that curve (especially sunspot+scorpion) I’m definitely looking leech/leader.

Aero is tough to play around. If there’s a location that blows up when a unit is moved I definitely will try to play there T5. Basically I assume aero is coming on 5 unless it’s ongoing, discard, cerebro, patriot, surfer, or zoo or something else is going on like Wong