Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

listen, i promise my service is alive and well. it's just in a way that doesn't produce anything useful or interesting to anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

We are replacing "tweets" and "timelines" with a guest book

Twitter blue subscribers can add up to six "work in progress" GIFs to their profile at no additional cost.

You can also embed autoplaying midi files in your tweets

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Tesla stock price getting all the views

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
how about a super-promoted tweet which locks the user in to viewing it when scrolled past or clicked on

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

how about a super-promoted tweet which locks the user in to viewing it when scrolled past or clicked on

do you work at Tesla?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Postman posted:

I think you can only see impressions on your own tweets, so this is just enabling it for other people's tweets lol

Also I'm sure this will be funny when everybody can track the impressions hate speech is getting despite Musk's claims that they'll be "mega deboosted" lol

Hahaha it's another CMS/template change. "Oh I can expose this metric that we already have? Cool *clickety clickety* New feature!!"

Also lmfao

The Postman
May 12, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Musk will do this to all of the Twitter Files and you will have to reply with "Concerning..." to unlock your account.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Data Graham posted:

Hahaha it's another CMS/template change. "Oh I can expose this metric that we already have? Cool *clickety clickety* New feature!!"

Also lmfao

hack writing for stockcel site: "TSLA rallying!!!! Please hold my bags"

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

im sure keeping track of the # of times every tweet is viewed isn't going to cause any fires on the backend, no sir

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
lol @ Tesla crossing into the 120s

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Kashuno posted:

just normal things for a car comapny

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

delightful posted:

Blue L5: $5000/mo - L4 + Cannot be blocked, cannot have replies hidden, can reply to people who have "only allow replies from acct they are following". Only 25% of ads.

Don’t forget the ads!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Thanks Greg,

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
well they got view counts, maybe twitter now can join some webrings to increase profits?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Goddamn, I already completely forgot about that stupid pledge to be hardcore, or whatever the hell he asked everyone to do only to have a poo poo ton of people quit.

You're misremembering; nobody quit because the pledge explicitly stated that if you didn’t opt in within 24 hours, you'd be fired by default and given three months’ severance (I think, I forget the exact number).

Obviously he assumed everyone was salivating at the prospect of working for tech genius Elon Musk under worse conditions and with no additional compensation and had not considered the possibility that people would opt out, but I like to imagine he also learned that people he did want to fire had generous severance packages in their contracts and thought this was a clever loophole to avoid paying them.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

this post has been read times

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr. Musk can I pay $69 to freeze my view counts at 420?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Twitter is my favorite stop on the information superhighway.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Hey guys, new idea. Scrolling Twitter now enforces a half-second delay before it loads the next tweet. You can bypass this by subscribing to Twitter Blue.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Getting to 1488 views gets you Twitter Blue for an hour.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Those texts from that guy talking about how absurd someone’s body is, but its Musk talking about twitter’s crazy stack.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Webring for tweets integration

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Aren't hashtags basically webrings?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
View counts feeds right into the WHYAMIBEINGSHADOWBANNEDHELLOCANANYONESEEMYTWEETSHELLOHELLO hysteria of clout chasers

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Polio Vax Scene posted:

im sure keeping track of the # of times every tweet is viewed isn't going to cause any fires on the backend, no sir

5000 fired Twitter employees, hammering on the glass wall: "NO ELON THERE IS A REASON WE DID NOT DISPLAY THAT"

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
When I go to check the Tesla stock price, I always hope to see it down by exactly the weed number, but it's usually way past that point!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thinking more about that, I'm trying to imagine what it feels like to be a former Twitter dev, and seeing Elon just smashing it to pieces like a giant toddler

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Do I see ten dollars down?

Yeah I do.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Polio Vax Scene posted:

i think you can already see your own tweets views (?)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dear God lmaoooooooooo

This is basically semi-slow free fall, it's just blowing through lower supports one after the other

E: another 50 cents since I typed this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That’s just one more feature that will need to be started from scratch in the rewrite

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i think you can already see your own tweets views (?)

You can, yes

But displaying them publicly means now it's something that will attract bots and other forms of gaming which will hammer the backend and make it all stupid and useless, much like public web hit counters circa 1997

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Do I see ten dollars down?

Yeah I do.

It was $194 December 1.

Then people learned they guy in charge wants Dr. Fauci arrested.

Its lost 34% of its value in December lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Data Graham posted:

You can, yes

But displaying them publicly means now it's something that will attract bots and other forms of gaming which will hammer the backend and make it all stupid and useless, much like public web hit counters circa 1997

He really is turning Twitter into Reddit.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Data Graham posted:

You can, yes

Just ban the bots. Duh

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
$126 now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

He really is turning Twitter into Reddit.

He’s the worst of Reddit, given form, substance, and authority over all of twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m kind of shocked Elon doesn’t have a public presence on Reddit but he no doubt has some alts