Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

JackDarko posted:

Oh poo poo, this explains a lot. I'm 608. I got bodied in a comical way by a Wong and Leader deck.

Getting bodied by Wong and Leader is basically 90% of the game though. Congrats on making it to the big leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Marvel Snap! Do you bite your thumb at ME, sir??

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I lost 14 of my 20 matches with Kazoo today and 8 of my 10 big hand Dino matches.
That might be just worst case RNG. I don’t know why and how the meta shifted, but I don’t even care I guess.
Add the ridiculous bad progress and I feel that Snap stalled out for me and I miss Hearthstone.

I hope Brode unfucks the concept in the future and I might come back .

Right now it’s just exponential unfun.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

uXs posted:

Getting bodied by Wong and Leader is basically 90% of the game though. Congrats on making it to the big leagues.

Hell yeah! Running Cosmo in every deck from now until the end of time.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Lawen posted:

I'm really going to miss Vormir. I've gotten like 25 rank in the last day and a half with this deck.

I have nearly the same Destroy deck. I don't have Death or Deadpool yet...in place of Death I just have Venom, and I have Squirrel Girl just to give easy fodder for Carnage and Venom, and then the last Squirrel (or the Girl herself) I take out ideally with a Deathlok or Killmonger.

I also ditched Wolverine cause...eh? I prefer Sabertooth's functionality so I can save him for a turn 6 drop somewhere he's needed. Although obviously if a Sanctum Santorum or Luke's Bar pop up, then I miss having Wolvy since there's a chance to get him there.

Edit: I can't say for certain I've seen ALL the heroes+villains that are out so far, but I gotta say I'm impressed with how obscure I think some of them are. I'll admit I haven't been a giant reader of Marvel lately, but I read enough of them in the 90's and early 2000's that I have a pretty good grasp on a lot of characters, and I still have no clue who people like Hell Cow and The Infinaut are.

Edit: Whoa, had a weird interaction that I THOUGHT the devs said they patched/fixed?

Someone played an Iron Man, Blue Marvel, and Onslaught on Onslaught's Citadel.

So Onslaught and the Citadel both double ongoing effects. So Blue Marvel gives +2 to Iron Man and Onslaught from the location doubling the effect, which should then turn into a +4 from Onslaught doubling it again. But it got turned into a +6. Ok, sure, so we're at 22 power (3 from Marvel, 6 from Iron Man getting his +6, and 13 from Onslaught getting a +6.)

Again, double ongoing effects twice is x4, so it SHOULD be 88...but we saw before that what should be a +4 from Marvel was a +6, so I guess it's going 3x? So maybe it will be 110?

It was 1408.

64 Times.

Someone good at math please help me understand how that happens?

I don't think my opponent had any desire to win, since he only played two other cards (the Cosmo on far left, and then a Warpath before the Iron Man I Shang-Chi'd two turns earlier.) and didn't Snap, I did.

Double edit: Oh, just realized the Citadel doubles Onslaught's doubling, so that's some of the confusion...that's how we get the +6 from Blue Marvel...and Iron Man's power is an Ongoing so it gets triple-doubled. Got it.

So I think they fixed the death-stack from the On Reveal doubles from things like Kamar-Taj, Wong, and Odin to be additive, but haven't made a similar change for the Ongoing powers.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 22, 2022

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fate Accomplice posted:

I purposefully choose the first random username the game came up with, have never changed my avatar or card back, never set a title, never emote.

go ahead think I'm a bot

I did random too, but in my defense GrandOstrich is a cool rear end name (also works well with Or Least I Used To Be title)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Zodack posted:

I found out that if your opponent drops Mr. Negative under Weirdworld you obviously get all the negative cards since you didn't swap decks, you're drawing from theirs

Yeah and "when you play a card here shuffle rocks into your deck" affects your opponent's draws, it's a cute location

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Patriot can get a bit crazy when you have cloning vats. Opponent fistbumped me at the end, which was pretty cool.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

cirus posted:

Yeah all day I've been facing people with the infinite backs, apocalypse avatar, and sunspot title at 75/1500

Also definitely had a cheater bot played Shang Chi on my Jubilee because it knew she was going to draw Infinaut

I have lost 4 ranks to either these people or bots and im wanting a casual mode in the worst way just to retool and not keep losing ranks

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
Does Titania's switching sides count as a move for things like Dagger and Kingpin?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AzureFlame posted:

Does Titania's switching sides count as a move for things like Dagger and Kingpin?

No, those are for moves to that location and she doesn’t change that part

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
The bots and matchmaking in this game are cancerous.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I played for four hours today at rank 76 (yes all four hours was spent at rank 76). I saw one leader the whole time. I just don't see him, its all surfers (who I am now leeching). I'm starting to like Maria Hill too, not 3000 tokens like but definitely nice in dino decks.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

DrBouvenstein posted:

I have nearly the same Destroy deck. I don't have Death or Deadpool yet...in place of Death I just have Venom, and I have Squirrel Girl just to give easy fodder for Carnage and Venom, and then the last Squirrel (or the Girl herself) I take out ideally with a Deathlok or Killmonger.

I also ditched Wolverine cause...eh? I prefer Sabertooth's functionality so I can save him for a turn 6 drop somewhere he's needed. Although obviously if a Sanctum Santorum or Luke's Bar pop up, then I miss having Wolvy since there's a chance to get him there.

I wish I had Venom, he kinda feels like the one big upgrade the deck is missing. Wolverine's okay for playing on curve but I agree he's not ideal and he'd probably be the one to lose his spot if I did pull Venom.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

No Wave posted:

I played for four hours today at rank 76 (yes all four hours was spent at rank 76). I saw one leader the whole time. I just don't see him, its all surfers (who I am now leeching). I'm starting to like Maria Hill too, not 3000 tokens like but definitely nice in dino decks.

Yeah, I feel like Surfer decks and games where I step on a big "My Leader clones their Destroyer" shaped rake are my worst matchups.

Pengwin
Apr 3, 2007

MIND MIND MIND

Eventually, EVENTUALLY the Pool 3 pulls make you feel lucky. I finally got the Death I was waiting for in the shop, my heart practically skipped a beat when I saw it. Then an hour later I opened a Collector's Reserve with Sera. :hellyeah:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

Edit: I can't say for certain I've seen ALL the heroes+villains that are out so far, but I gotta say I'm impressed with how obscure I think some of them are. I'll admit I haven't been a giant reader of Marvel lately, but I read enough of them in the 90's and early 2000's that I have a pretty good grasp on a lot of characters, and I still have no clue who people like Hell Cow and The Infinaut are.

Edit: Whoa, had a weird interaction that I THOUGHT the devs said they patched/fixed?

Someone played an Iron Man, Blue Marvel, and Onslaught on Onslaught's Citadel.

So Onslaught and the Citadel both double ongoing effects. So Blue Marvel gives +2 to Iron Man and Onslaught from the location doubling the effect, which should then turn into a +4 from Onslaught doubling it again. But it got turned into a +6. Ok, sure, so we're at 22 power (3 from Marvel, 6 from Iron Man getting his +6, and 13 from Onslaught getting a +6.)

Again, double ongoing effects twice is x4, so it SHOULD be 88...but we saw before that what should be a +4 from Marvel was a +6, so I guess it's going 3x? So maybe it will be 110?

It was 1408.

64 Times.

Someone good at math please help me understand how that happens?

Onslaught is doubled by Citadel, so he causes all ongoing effects to apply two additional times. Iron Man is x2, doubled to x4 by Citadel. So it's 4*4*4, which is 64.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jedit posted:

Onslaught is doubled by Citadel, so he causes all ongoing effects to apply two additional times. Iron Man is x2, doubled to x4 by Citadel. So it's 4*4*4, which is 64.

Yeah, I caught that in my edit.

So... They're going to patch that out, right? Cause they changed the big On Reveal stacks with someone like Iron Heart and Wong+Mystique+Kamar+Taj+Odin to additive, so still a lot (like 16 potential stacks of Iron Heart) but not absurd like this.

Or was that change just because it took too much time to watch, like, 64 repeat animations?

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 22, 2022

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Opopanax posted:

No, those are for moves to that location and she doesn’t change that part

Ohp that makes sense, thanks!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

So... They're going to patch that out, right? Cause they changed the big On Reveal stacks with someone like Iron Heart and Wong+Mystique+Kamar+Taj+Odin to additive, so still a lot (like 16 potential stacks of Iron Heart) but not absurd like this.

Or was that change just because it took too much time to watch, like, 64 repeat animations?

They already did, to what it is now, if I'm not mistaken

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Got Wong yesterday as a collector shard selection, then a couple hours got Leader from a level-up. :cool:

Taking these boys out for a spin with White Tiger / Odin / Psylocke, kind of obscene when it all lines up.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
This thread and the subreddit are a lot more negative about the state of the game than how I feel. I see Leader now and then, but not very often. I don't mind the progression mechanic, even though I'm missing a lot of the series 3 cards and spent almost all of my tokens on Super-Skrull right when the store launched (big yikes). I go on bad runs and get annoyed, but I think it's helpful to relate this game to Texas Hold 'Em tournaments. There have been lots of poker nights where I spend hours folding to bad cards and getting pissed when the 2-7 off suit I folded would have been a full house, but whatever.

Anyway, I love Hazmat, Luke Cage, and Wong (Hazmat got yeeted by Aero and killed by Fisk Tower, but not until she did her thing 8 or 16 times? I'm bad at math.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Pengwin posted:

Eventually, EVENTUALLY the Pool 3 pulls make you feel lucky. I finally got the Death I was waiting for in the shop, my heart practically skipped a beat when I saw it. Then an hour later I opened a Collector's Reserve with Sera. :hellyeah:

The tough part of Pool 3 is not just the rate of pulls (which drops off after a while), so much as the combination of its size and the need for certain cards to go together. The store system will really help with this, in that if you pull one key part of a special kind of deck, it is far less painful to get the other pieces.

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is the patched version. It used to work exponentially.

canyonero posted:

This thread and the subreddit are a lot more negative about the state of the game than how I feel. I see Leader now and then, but not very often. I don't mind the progression mechanic, even though I'm missing a lot of the series 3 cards and spent almost all of my tokens on Super-Skrull right when the store launched (big yikes). I go on bad runs and get annoyed, but I think it's helpful to relate this game to Texas Hold 'Em tournaments. There have been lots of poker nights where I spend hours folding to bad cards and getting pissed when the 2-7 off suit I folded would have been a full house, but whatever.

Anyway, I love Hazmat, Luke Cage, and Wong (Hazmat got yeeted by Aero and killed by Fisk Tower, but not until she did her thing 8 or 16 times? I'm bad at math.

I've wanted to run this since I first A13'd up a Hazmat. Unfortunately, I'm missing every key component.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The balance is good except when I'm against knull+galactus, which I heard isnt supposed to happen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Support told me to do all the poo poo I've already done. Awesome. Reddit says it eventually fixes itself but still annoying as gently caress.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

So if you Hobgoblin on Vormir before your opponent played there, the Hobgoblin counts as played when it switches sides and Vormir kills it.

Here's another one:
Starlight Citadel is left (after turn 4 swap position of each location)
T4: Opponent plays Cloak to center location
T5: Center location moves to left position, so Cloak allows movement to left position
So it is obvious in hindsight, but Cloak is keyed to the location it is played at, not the location Cloak is at, so if the location moves out from under Cloak the target changes. This had the strange behavior that allowed opponent to move Cloak from center to left because of Cloak's own ability.

First of May fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 23, 2022

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

First of May posted:

So if you Hobgoblin on Vormir before your opponent played there, the Hobgoblin counts as played when it switches sides and Vormir kills it.

This happened to me and I lost because of it. Thought it was awesome.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

First of May posted:

This makes zero sense to me and really makes me wonder about how this game is programmed...

First of May
May 1, 2017

No Wave posted:

This makes zero sense to me and really makes me wonder about how this game is programmed...

It's a common refrain that the language is not precise enough. If anything, I think Hobgoblin should count as "moved here" if anything - since the text on Vormir is the first card "you" played here, well Hob is not played by "you" so it shouldn't be destroyed.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I was pretty happy when that happed to a Green Goblin played against me. It does seem like a bug though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hog goblin doesn't trigger any other enemy play effect and counts as "your" unit for the sake of iron fist. It's seriously confusing to me how vormir specifically would be different especially given that it interacts correctly with tokens (and I think iron fist?). The root of it is probably the same weird exception that allows goblin to swap under prof x.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
it kinda makes sense if you squint, on reveals always trigger before Virmire kicks in so he switches sides, and if he's the first drop on that side he goes boom

but yeah the language is weird, i don't think hobgoblin buffs an opposing Angela which seems like it should if that counts as 'played'

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Does prof x stop the "cards here swap sides on turn 3" location from going off, or prevent Titania from swapping? I always assumed no, since switching sides isn't the same as being added or removed from a location

First of May
May 1, 2017

wyoak posted:

it kinda makes sense if you squint, on reveals always trigger before Virmire kicks in so he switches sides, and if he's the first drop on that side he goes boom

but yeah the language is weird, i don't think hobgoblin buffs an opposing Angela which seems like it should if that counts as 'played'

I had already played on Vormir when I dropped Hobgoblin, so it wasn't my first play there.

Either way, the text on Vormir is "the first card you play here is destroyed", a Hobgoblin switching sides should not count as being played by "you" -- it's being played by your opponent. Angela says "when you play a card here, +2 power" which means that Hobgoblin should not buff when it switches.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

No Wave posted:

The root of it is probably the same weird exception that allows goblin to swap under prof x.

Not sure if you’re referring to a different exception, but if Prof X reveals first Hobgoblin and Green Goblin do not swap sides.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vaTXLEIgcI

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah it's broken. Vormir understands that if a Squirrel or something is placed there, it wasn't "played" and doesn't die, and the location will kill the first card you actually play there. Hobgoblin is not played by your opponent and the game knows that in other situations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Fate Accomplice posted:

I purposefully choose the first random username the game came up with, have never changed my avatar or card back, never set a title, never emote.

go ahead think I'm a bot

Big brained meta breaking outside the box thinking. I can hear your avatar saying it.

JackDarko posted:

This happened to me and I lost because of it. Thought it was awesome.

Thread title candidate, IMO. I think this game's greatest strength is all the ways it makes losing not suck so much.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah it's broken. Vormir understands that if a Squirrel or something is placed there, it wasn't "played" and doesn't die, and the location will kill the first card you actually play there. Hobgoblin is not played by your opponent and the game knows that in other situations.

There's weird order issues all over the place. Difference between being played and on reveal, when locations effects and card effects trigger, why 'the game ends' for Invisible Woman is still somehow turn 6 for Kingpin, ...

I've played enough that I mostly know how and when everything works, but it still feels like a big mess.

It could definitely use clarification on the rules and turn orders, if not some actual changes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think hearthstone ever had a consistency update but it's certainly early enough in this game to work towards that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Finally hit 60 and got a pixel black widow :ferrari: