Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
New Kill Team into the Dark Missions free Critical Ops cards released!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/7FNMkmKA2b5hzK5K.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hello good work printer!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Working on some old gobblers

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 30, 2022

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I thoroughly love these. A kill team?

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Kharnifex posted:

Working on some old gobblers

My favourite tyranids!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

moths posted:

I thoroughly love these. A kill team?

Im playing 2nd ed with them, I do have some current nids magnetised for kill team,

I wonder how the old configs would go? not optimised surely?

would be deathspitter, rending claws, or boneswords rending claws?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've used the old hormagant arms as (tiny) scything claws on the subsequent metal ones, but yeah you're super limited for pure retro options.

There's also a metal gobbler out there, but he's only got the same weapons in lead.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For those not in the know, those are the plastic tyranids from Advanced Space Crusade. I've got some too!

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
First two games of Warmaster ever, under the belt.
I've been wanting to play this since it came out in the early 00's

Game 1: 2000 Points High Elves V Empire
High Elf win after the Empire broke.

Game 2: 2000 Points High Elves V Halfings (Goblins)
Draw on VP after the High Elf general died in an ill advised combat with a block of Treekin (Trolls)

This game is great! Fun, tactical, fast.
Can't wait to play more.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Nice! what models are you using for your halflings?

e: oh those look like the new Ankylo halflings. do you like them?

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Nice! what models are you using for your halflings?

e: oh those look like the new Ankylo halflings. do you like them?

They are slightly goofy, cheerful little guys.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Get your correction fluid out and clear your smartphone cache, Season 2 of Kill Team started two days ago with a new Balance Dataslate and FAQ updates. Some of the updated files have changes in them.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 23, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Finished Morko From Metal Squig!

Tried my best with the eyes, had fun making a custom base, will clean up once everything dries!

Critiques Please!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Al-Saqr posted:

Tried my best with the eyes, had fun making a custom base, will clean up once everything dries!

Critiques Please!

That is amazing

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
Oh, are we posting more handsome green boys?

(Crossposting from the Oath thread)

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the monthly challenge for the battered and weathered armourplates, and 'Take one for the team' on account of them being a warband of Moria Goblins.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
got some rats going here

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Critiques Please!

'eavy Dakka Gun!

Having him sleeveless would have been :black101: but that would have required a bunch of surgery with the Kommando sprue arms. Looking good!

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Really impressed and pleased that Wahapedia is already updating KT pages for the balance dataslate

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

srypher posted:

Really impressed and pleased that Wahapedia is already updating KT pages for the balance dataslate

they're seriously better than GW in every way

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

they're seriously better than GW in every way
Strangely enough, the Age of Sigmar side takes months to update because the official app is quite nice.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Got the new Critical Ops Cards

So far it's exactly like advertised, it's Kill Team in Your Pocket, nice tarot sized cards with everything you need for matched play. it looks super duper convenient and is a nice quality of life add on. If there's anything you want to know just ask.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 24, 2022

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Just a reminder that this exist:

Twas the fight before Fistmas,
For the great Van Saar house.
No ganger was stirring,
Not even “The Mouse.”

The juves were unconscious,
The gangers were dead,
And the beastly old Phanta Claws,
Stuck blades in their head.

The gangers had walked,
Into his sly trap,
And now they lay down,
For an aeon long nap.

The fighters had fled,
But they were too slow.
They had not spotted,
That which lay below.

More rapid than eagles,
He slew those that came,
And as he tore them apart,
He called them by name.

“Die Modan! Die Crendell!
Die Sardon and Tricksen!
Die Big-Bones! Die Mudelm!
Die Hectus and Kit-sen!

To the dark of the tunnels,
To the base of the wall,
Run away! Run away!
Run away all!”

His claws dripped with blood,
And on his head sat,
An oddly disturbing,
Red and white hat.

His smile was murderous,
Yet filled with mad glee,
And all those who saw him,
Turned tail to flee.

Once all foes were beaten,
He tore them apart,
And admired his work,
As though it were art.

And I heard him exclaim,
As he stalked out of sight,
“Happy Fistmas to all!
And to all a good night!”

Scenario and rules for The Fight Before Fistmas and Phanta Claws still available online from Fanatics magazines. No idea if its considered :filez:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I love it

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Speaking of Fistmas

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1607708089091854337?t=ZVnwpjjDHSyH_TpiAgZrVQ&s=19

Ive heard a wizard can cast Fist
but this guy is a loving Fistomancer

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Not only that but getting some alternate heads and accessories for my Cawdor dudes

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I really appreciate GW's commitment to showcasing Cawdor's bowl cuts even on Ash Wastes models.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Hihohe posted:

Not only that but getting some alternate heads and accessories for my Cawdor dudes

The rats having better air filtration than the actual dudes is peak Cawdor.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That guy looks like he could take on a space marine. Which reminds me:

Vandolth the Fallen is definitely a renegade Dark Angel, right?

quote:

Vandoth the Fallen is a giant mask covered man, who is bound in layers of crimson muscle and his exploits on Necromunda, have made him a figure of legend on the Hive World.

Stories are told of his ability to crush a man's skull with one hand and turn aside blades with his hardened skin. Most disturbing of all, though, are the tales of Vandoth's unquenchable thirst for blood. It is said that hidden behind his mask are long canine fangs, and after he kills, the gigantic warrior stoops over his prey to drain them dry. There are conflicting accounts as to where Vandoth originally came from and who (or even what) he is. Some insist the massive warrior was once a Goliath, somehow corrupted in the vat with tainted blood. Others believe he was once one of Lord Helmawr's personal guards, until he was genetically altered into a vampiric beast for the ruler of Necromunda's amusement. Then there are the stories that Vandoth is a thing of Chaos, though the savagery that he shows to those corrupted by the Dark Gods would seem to discount this.

All that is known for sure is Vandoth has wandered Necromunda for centuries at least, his face hidden behind a mask and an ancient oversized boltgun at his side. Outlaws will sometimes pay for Vandoth's aid with the promise of coin, weapons or glory, though the giant mostly does as he pleases, aiding others when his interests align with theirs.

The blood drinking seems off brand but everything else lines up.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Maybe hes a blood angel instead

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
He's literally called 'the Fallen'

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That also points to him being a Blood Angel, since the Fallen are a little more subtle about that stuff.

As a Blood Angel, he may not be privy to understanding why that's such a terrible alias.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If you ignore the Fallen part I think 100% of fans would say Blood Angel or Flesh Tearer who has his poo poo slightly more together

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Vandoth is everything and nothing - Fallen could imply anything from him being a former space marine, to having fallen from grace, to having been kicked out of the upper levels of the hive. NM being the crazy narrative game it is, you can make him whatever you want.

Personally, I think it's kind of unlikely that he's an actual space marine - fluff wise, a single marine could probably take out half a hive on his own. The Fallen are certainly not blood drinking monsters, and if he was a BA, he would seem more suited to having the Black Rage, but you don't just drop in and out of that.

This is GW going "Let's gently caress with the fans..."

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 27, 2022

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Or maybe he is just from the House named after a vampire.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Hihohe posted:

Oh man I wonder how easy it would be to kitbash old bretonnian men at arms with cawdor stuff for a semi-feudal world IG.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

TheLawinator posted:

Oh man I wonder how easy it would be to kitbash old bretonnian men at arms with cawdor stuff for a semi-feudal world IG.

Cawdor are regularly used as base for Mordheim warbands, just add lasguns or something to have your feudal IG.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Well you know haha i don’t like talking about myself all that much hahaha

Lol

Ok I will copy paste that section

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok done copy pasted community and unloved but enough about me lol

drat, I envy you for the opportunity you've been given, to make these jokes! Thank you for taking full advantage of it :D

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Picked up my first box from Underworlds, it's Mollog's Mob! Going to get started painting these fun guy(s) up in the new year, but I'm very excited.
And a friend is trading me some miniatures for some Bionicle stuff of mine, so I'll probably have some for a Kill Team or two, maybe Warcry? Not sure just yet

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

For those not in the know, those are the plastic tyranids from Advanced Space Crusade. I've got some too!

Grandpa story times

The coolest Tyranid warrior was this baby, alot of detail, hard to assemble, pinning advised, you can see them on the 2nd ed book art, I've got a few.

There was an unreleased prototype Deathspitter, the original sculptor has one, and i think Jason Lye from Hyrbid miniatures has 1.5

A sculptor built up and over the original plastics and released bonesword and deathspitter variants in metal, I bought quite a few, they are rad

Fan sculpt on left, original big boy at the back, plastics in the middle and a cool fan sculpt 3d print at the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Good news the few Voidscarred Corsairs Battle reports there are and a goonhammer article gave me a chance to see some Voidscarred strategies. The idea seems to be leaving one or two units as bait and use the other units free move actions to gang up on the enemy units. Though again I think I'll have to start practicing with them in Tabletop Simulator first if I want to know for myself.

https://www.goonhammer.com/a-recap-of-the-new-york-open-kill-team-tournament-interviews-with-the-top-3/