Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Ups_rail posted:

If you ve missed it, There were alot of "former" fbi agents working at twitter. Also The FBI paid twitter a few million to cover admirative costs with dealing with mis information.

yes, most large tech companies prefer to hire ex-LEO to have on staff. when dealing with cybercrime (child exploitation, stalking, harassment, etc) it's easier to have people on staff who know how to investigate, what to preserve and who to reach out to still in law enforcement. Twitter doesn't send tweets to the FBI tip line.

at Yahoo in 2006-2013 when I was there I was a service engineer with small business hosting. we worked with our internal 'paranoid' team which was staffed by several ex-FBI, they were the people the business wanted in that kind of role. this revelation is really only "shocking" if you've never worked on a platforms abuse team at scale. anyone who has been in this situation saw the Twitter files claims and said "yeah, that makes sense."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Msuk 100% thinking of getting rid of likes because people keep clowning on him and he hates that he can see how many people "like" posting a picture of him as Krang.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Frank Frank posted:

Wtf is the point of private likes? The whole point of dumb bullshit like that is brag

I can like lewds without my wife seeing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

impossible to be former FBI

once an agent, always an agent!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

morningdrew posted:

Before I quit Facebook this drove me nuts. It's not just reserved for chuds reacting to left wing stuff. I'd see a laugh emoji on news articles about school shootings and poo poo

Half of that is because old people don't understand that it's not "crying because of being sad".

It's not the clearest image and a lot of people are using fonts that are too small for them.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
More counters have been added

https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1606140945975480323?s=20&t=z4r6x-ZDk1Gv7OvwoLqTTg

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man Teslas stock is a roller coaster right now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man Teslas stock is a roller coaster right now

Rollercoasters are normally supposed to go up at some point

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kru posted:

what did I miss last night?

Musk decided the thing to do on a spaces meeting about Tesla stock was to double down on hating trans people

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:eyepop:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It did go up! It almost hit 130 and then died again

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So was it ex FBI lowtax hired or EX FSB?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606063438987345920

First its bots, now its click farms, soon it will be his staff working against him

It's like 10,000 phones when all ya neeeeeed is a wife

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

:vince:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

isn't it iRonic

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I don't know if this is supposed to be read to the tune of "Ironic" but that's how I'm reading it

Edit: right yeah

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Data Graham posted:

Half of that is because old people don't understand that it's not "crying because of being sad".

It's not the clearest image and a lot of people are using fonts that are too small for them.

Sometimes it could also just be a misclick. The laugh reaction's fairly close to an appropriate reaction. Of course, some people don't realize this.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

B-Rock452 posted:

Musk decided the thing to do on a spaces meeting about Tesla stock was to double down on hating trans people

:chefkiss:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hating trans people and also "oh yeah Tesla is going to be unprofitable next year, lol soz all"

Pro tier CEOing

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I can like lewds without my wife seeing

Nice try Lyin' Ted.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
debate me, Federal Bureau of Investigation

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Did the FBI put out a press release or was it a poll?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
*Some cop arresting me and rambling off my rights*

Me: "DEBATE ME! SIR, I INSIST THAT YOU DEBATE ME ON THE BATTLEFIELD OF WITS AND LOGIC!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Are they actually?

Also holy poo poo why are there Emoji responses on Twitter now?

Is he really just adding things randos say they want in real-time? :psyduck:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

New features on Christmas eve eve, do people want to spend time with their family?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Based on it having 69 420 etc probably not real

Kale
May 14, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

What are people using to copy-paste twitter embeds? Good ole Paint or is there something better?

What I'd like to see is SA moving away from having Twitter embeds at all, instead having a simple image attachment that links to the original twitter thread

Yeah the posting bad tweets to dunk on them trend is pretty popular on SA (especially in the political threads), but like I've never entirely seen the intrinsic value in it personally. I've seen Twitter as an absolute blight on society long before Elon took over and made it exponentially worse. SA has had it's own sort of culture and goonery long before twitter was ever a thing, it frankly doesn't need to directly play off of posts and threads that are happening on twitter to get quality posting and jokes and dunking on Elon and other shitlords for their bad posting on Twitter and what not. I've been all for getting away from twitter embed posting on SA for 5+ years now to be totally honest.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

have joe rogan host the debate lol

EDIT:

Kale posted:

Yeah the posting bad tweets to dunk on them trend is pretty popular on SA (especially in the political threads), but like I've never entirely seen the intrinsic value in it personally. I've seen Twitter as an absolute blight on society long before Elon took over and made it exponentially worse. SA has had it's own sort of culture and goonery long before twitter was ever a thing, it frankly doesn't need to play off of posts and threads that are happening on twitter to get quality posting and jokes and dunking on Elon and other shitlords for their bad posting on Twitter and what not. I've been all for getting away from twitter embed posting on SA for 5+ years now to be totally honest.

I agree.

Remember how alot of fyad posters lowtax and the like went to weird twitter. Also its clear elon s brain melted from using it.

Ups_rail fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 23, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Goons crying about linking twitter posts might be the dumbest hill a goon will die on

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Bloo bloo bloo dont link a twitter post i dont wanna give em EXPOSURE.

Dude chill twitters gonna be dead by next year

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Oh, I know what will fix the freefalling stock price

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1606325491069222914

More useless junk in the merch store

.random
May 7, 2007

I have it on good authority that posts are viewed ~100 times more than they are emptyquoted

Kale
May 14, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Goons crying about linking twitter posts might be the dumbest hill a goon will die on

I mean yeah people are dunking on poo poo, but they're still buying into the system that twitter and people like Elon are propping up. If people are okay to square that contradiction and feel the need to direct link twitter posts and power dunk on them and the value in that outweighs supporting the service and Elon and what not then there's not really much else to say on the topic and it's kind of settled anyway. I've never fully understood it personally, but I'm not going to argue at length over it. gently caress that, I'm sure as poo poo not dying on that hill.

Ups_rail posted:

have joe rogan host the debate lol

EDIT:

I agree.

Remember how alot of fyad posters lowtax and the like went to weird twitter. Also its clear elon s brain melted from using it.

That near instantaneous push back any time anybody so much as even suggests an alternative to direct linking twitter thread this in an SA thread though......been there done that.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 23, 2022

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

QuarkJets posted:

What are people using to copy-paste twitter embeds? Good ole Paint or is there something better?

In firefox you can use "Inspect element" on the tweet, find the div, copy the css selector, and take a screenshot using the console like so

code:
:screenshot --dpr 1.5 --selector "YOUR SELECTOR HERE" --clipboard true

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

.random posted:

I have it on good authority that posts are viewed ~100 times more than they are emptyquoted

Concerning

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CBD Corndog posted:

Oh, I know what will fix the freefalling stock price

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1606325491069222914

More useless junk in the merch store

"This will save my car company!"

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not sure the definition of crying is pointing out that it is dumb to link to a service that we want to die.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hihohe posted:

Bloo bloo bloo dont link a twitter post i dont wanna give em EXPOSURE.

Dude chill twitters gonna be dead by next year

Y'all keep saying this poo poo but you just keep moving the goal posts. Before it was gonna be dead when everyone left, then the World Cup was definitely going to collapse it, then it's gonna be a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

You... you added those emojis to the screenshot, right Butterwagon? Please tell me you or whoever took the screenshot photoshopped those in. Even if you're lying please tell me that's not real.