Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mr.PayDay posted:

What’s your guys worst losing streak?
I lost 21 of my 30 matches today with my zoo deck and wonder if this even variance or just bullshit ?

Did I mess my deck up? I try to flood the board on 6 but get hosed up, worst case draws or get completely denied every momentum .
Perhaps it’s just bad RNG.

I had 60-70% winrate last week with this deck and since yesterday it just gets shut down or does not even remotely perform. I can’t even win 33% anymore.

I am CL1375 and went down to rank 40 and give up for now.

I've run into some really bad runs, getting tilted and losing 5-8 ranks in one sitting. I don't know if this applies to you but take a look at your play and especially your snapping habits. I noticed when I was doing poorly I became really risk averse, so retreating more often when they snapped, and avoiding snapping myself unless I was convinced the game was locked up. If neither person snaps, there's no risk in hanging around until the final turn since you lose the same amount of cubes. This meant I was making my matches harder, because I was letting my opponents hang around in games they might have retreated from in the early turns, while still retreating on my end.

If you're snapping, you'll win more from strong starts instead of letting people get back into the game. You're also getting information: if someone hangs around to the end after early snaps, that means they probably feel confident they have their combo and/or an answer to your deck, so you can assess the situation and think "Am I able to brute force past them even if they make this good play they think they have in hand?"

I don't know if I'm explaining this properly but I think the logic holds up. There's also bluffing to worry about but that's another layer I can't get a feel for.

EDIT: Also I know you're going for Ka-Zoo but I would add a couple two drops in there to beef up your deck, Angela and Okoye are good options. Armor too (plus Killmonger protection). Mystique could be interesting if you have her. Rocket is the first 1-drop I'd lose from there. I think Shang-Chi probably isn't worth it; I'd pay attention to matches and see how often you win thanks to a kill vs how often he's a dead card when you'd rather play another Zoo piece.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

New Leaf posted:

I just went from rank 59 to rank 51 trying every deck I own.. gently caress everything.

This is kind of mental support lol. Because there is the moment when you question everything and feel your Account got rigged. Longer running bad streaks happen to everyone I guess.

Tender Bender posted:

: Also I know you're going for Ka-Zoo but I would add a couple two drops in there to beef up your deck, Angela and Okoye are good options.

@Tender Bender, thanks for the help. I cut Angela but maybe that was just part of harming my zoo plan. I underestimated the importance of certain 2 energy drops.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 23, 2022

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I should probably start saving collector tokens incase they shove Kang into pool 5. Hopefully he’s the February Battle Pass card.

Ben Brode posted this awesome variant in October

DJ Kang gonna remix turn five.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Mr.PayDay posted:

I lost 21 of my 30 matches today with my zoo deck and wonder if this even variance or just bullshit ?

Did I mess my deck up? I try to flood the board on 6 but get hosed up, worst case draws or get completely denied every momentum .

I had 60-70% winrate last week with this deck and since yesterday it just gets shut down or does not even remotely perform. I can’t even win 33% anymore.

I don't know if you have the cards, but just Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel seems weak. If you also have Mystique or Onslaught in your deck, that would probably make it more reliable.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
I started playing last month during the Black Panther event, and I've only just now started reading up on the game and visiting forums and following SNAP content.

Can someone explain the seemingly ubiquitous claim of "cheat bots" and the like? Now I'm seeing claims that bots are making Jubilee Morph copy certain cards? Is this possible?

How do people "spot bots"? I saw a post a few pages back about the common trends or signs to look out for, but I have to be honest it's really setting off my bullshit detector. Folks have been hacking/cheating at games forever so guess it's possible, it just seems so wacky.

Are there cheating bots that can manipulate the game or are people spending too much time on the internet?

Dr Intergalactic fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 23, 2022

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Dr Intergalactic posted:

I started playing last month during the Black Panther event, and I've only started reading up on the game and visiting forums and following SNAP content.

Can someone explain the seemingly ubiquitous claim of "cheat bots" and the like? Now I'm seeing claims that bots are making Jubilee copy certain cards? Is this possible?

How do people "spot bots"? I saw a post a few pages back about the common trends or signs to look out for, but I have to be honest it's really setting off my bullshit detector. Folks have been hacking/cheating at games forever so guess it's possible, it just seems so wacky.

Are there cheating bots that can manipulate the game or are people spending too much time on the internet?

It's a real thing but it's not "cheating" in the sense of players exploiting the game, it's Second Dinner bots having a highest difficulty setting where they get to see your card plays ahead of time, like a permanent Daredevil, and they also get to see the outcome of any RNG effects like Ironheart and Jubilee in advance. It only sounds conspiratorial until the first time you see a likely bot (no title, generic avatar, user name is a first name or a Marvel character) not play any cards on turn 4 against someone who Jubileed into Leader.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dr Intergalactic posted:

I started playing last month during the Black Panther event, and I've only started reading up on the game and visiting forums and following SNAP content.

Can someone explain the seemingly ubiquitous claim of "cheat bots" and the like? Now I'm seeing claims that bots are making Jubilee copy certain cards? Is this possible?

Fundamentally bots work by simulating all their options with the knowledge of the cards you have played - but they will only take the optimal play in an unkown % of cases. At some times they will literally lose on purpose to you or play the cards that gives them the closest "win". "win" means that they always play as if the current round is the last, so they want to have the most points possible at the end of it - with the only additional rule that they try to avoid filling up lanes early.

You can spot the bots by the names, pfp, and variants they play though this has become less of an exact science over time.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Cheating bots - if what people are saying is true - don't manipulate the game, but they do have future knowledge.

So if they play a card in the Murder Room, they won't change the outcome of that. However, they know beforehand what the outcome would be, so if their card would be destroyed they don't play there to begin with. (Unless they want to have their card destroyed.)

Same for Jubilee (and Cosmo, ...): they don't change the card that would come out, but they know what the card will be and play or don't play there accordingly.

Plus they know what you're playing, in essence having a permanent and free Daredevil.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Isn’t Aero supposed to be good? Do I just stick her in my movement deck and toss her on Cravens location?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Aero is good by a.) grabbing priority and b.) grabbing their big turn 5 attempt to do fuckin anything lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Nikumatic posted:

Aero is good by a.) grabbing priority and b.) grabbing their big turn 5 attempt to do fuckin anything lol

also with kingpin on T6!

The only problem with kingpin is if you have priority he smashes their cards before you can even see them, sometimes I wonder what it was they played :haw:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Isn’t Aero supposed to be good? Do I just stick her in my movement deck and toss her on Cravens location?

Yes. Easily one of the very best cards in the game. Fits in lots of decks, not just movement, because being able to disrupt your opponent's play is extremely powerful. Requires a bit more thought than, say, Leader, but can have the same kind of effect.

Want to play Zola on Black Panther? Anything on Wong? Big cards to win a location? Something in the Vault before it closes? Lol, nope, your cards go here now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

y_y posted:

What does topdecking mean in this context? :shobon:
It means, I leeched their whole hand meaning their cards lost their abilities. But then they play an active surfer on turn 6 anyways. Meaning they drew surfer on exactly turn 6 (off of the top of their deck).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr.PayDay posted:

One of my decks is similar, but I use the following-

Iceman, Sunspot, Elektra, Nova, Ant-Man, Mojo, Angela, Wolfsbane, Captain America, Ka-Zar, Blue Marvel, Ultron

Basically just throw a bunch of your 1 cost cards on different places and then you want Ka-Zar T4, Blue Marvel T5, and then Ultron T6. Ideally you leave one of those locations mostly open so you can blanket it with drones.

I am going to replace Angela with Armor because I am running into more people carrying Killmonger lately

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 23, 2022

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Thanks for the advices on improving the Zoo deck composition 👍

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
Thanks for the replies to my skeptical bot questions.

So basically the devs are running bots in their game to make sure matchmaking goes well, but at higher levels there is a consensus that the bots are cheating by looking at your hand and playing accordingly. Seems weird but ok!

Luckily I'll probably never have to worry about it, as I am straight trash at this game. :trashed:

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Nikumatic posted:

How does she grab priority? I thought priority just swapped every turn ? (I understand priority in other games - it’s tempo right? - but thought it was the actual “whose cards will flip first” mechanic in this one)

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The player who's ahead at the start of the round flips first.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah basically if the game ended right now, whoever would win with the numbers currently on the board goes first (their nameplate is glowing). If it's a tie, it's random, but you can still see who it will be from the glowing name

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I worded that poorly; Aero doesn't grab priority by herself: she's just a card that excels when you have priority. So you want to be dropping big numbers early, then using her to mess up their late game plays.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I am now very mad about Daredevil.

Between professor X, leech, and hobgoblin it feels like I need to be winning all three lanes going into turn 5, because professor X into Destroyer gives me a 50/50 if I can drop 15 power into a lane. If I dare put 3 cards in a lane a goblin jumps in it, if I telegraph a big play on 6 my hand gets Leeched or Wave lands. God help you if they get out electro or psylocke on 3 because then you eat two of the 5 drop monsters.

Basically I don't see how to punish them for focusing on one lane, they can play as greedy as they can get away with or punish greed.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Daredevil and Prof X is an amazing combo and I'm glad more people haven't caught on to it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Am I mistaken, or isn’t it that On Reveal effects resolve on the stack before the location effect?

I ask because I thought I was doing some G poo poo by killmongering my opponent's 1-drops at The Raft so they wouldn’t get the free six-drop.

The raft resolved first, as it turns out.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

JackDarko posted:

Am I mistaken, or isn’t it that On Reveal effects resolve on the stack before the location effect?

I ask because I thought I was doing some G poo poo by killmongering my opponent's 1-drops at The Raft so they wouldn’t get the free six-drop.

The Raft is considered "full" the moment there are four cards on it, even if the cards haven't revealed yet.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

JackDarko posted:

The Raft resolves immediately, unlike all other location effects. I believe it's technically called a Stage effect.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

quiggy posted:

The Raft is considered "full" the moment there are four cards on it, even if the cards haven't revealed yet.

drat, quiggy! Thank you! I still won but that was an interesting one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Vulpes posted:

Daredevil and Prof X is an amazing combo and I'm glad more people haven't caught on to it.

I’ve been playing it since the start of pool 3 and I think Daredevil might be the most self-balancing card ever. If you’re the only one with DD, he’s a beast. If both players have him, he’s a vanilla 2/2 that doesn’t even get Patriot buffs. A worse Shocker.

It’s a clever design. The more popular DD becomes the worse he gets.

I’m excited for Kang to give us a more reliable version of the same effect. DD + Kang should make lining up T5 Prof X or Spidey very consistent.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

quiggy posted:

Yeah, it can be quite annoying you can't Aero their cards away from the Raft even if you have priority.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Vulpes posted:

Wave on turn four is good for this as well, so long as you have appropriate countermeasures in place. Let them play their finisher while you’ve got Professor X, Shang Chi or Cosmo ready to go.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Coq au Nandos posted:

Wave on turn four is good for this as well, so long as you have appropriate countermeasures in place. Let them play their finisher while you’ve got Professor X, Shang Chi or Cosmo ready to go.

Or Leader.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Thanos players who drop their Power Stone before seeing Killmonger are fearless.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Smashing Limbo on turn six is my favorite play

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

That's why I run Magik and Storm. Everyone gets cocky once they think they've got an extra turn to gently caress around.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Nikumatic posted:

That's why I run Magik and Storm. Everyone gets cocky once they think they've got an extra turn to gently caress around.

That's genius, actually. So many people waiting till turn 7 to drop their bombs then getting smashed.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Why would one captain marvel move at the end of a game when there are two captains marvel on the same side and no way for the player to win?

It did flip 1 lane. The marvel in the middle was in the left lane at the end of the game:

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

kaschei posted:

Why would one captain marvel move at the end of a game when there are two captains marvel on the same side and no way for the player to win?

It did flip 1 lane. The marvel in the middle was in the left lane at the end of the game:

Marvel evaluates if she can flip a lane, not the game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you use Leader too much you should automatically get a Scarlet Letter type title

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

My Leader counter is "play lovely cards." They never see it coming.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ego just played the opponent's Kingpin turn 3 and Cloak on Turn 5, then proceeded to attempt to move 4 of my cards into Kingpin's lane on Turn 6. Come on! lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is Ego an incredibly rare location or something? I've never seen it.