Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
the problem with that is that you have to watch the Oilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

Koopa Kid posted:

Canada goons: SVP Sports has a bunch of deals on jerseys, mostly western Canadian teams

Adidas Oilers home

Adidas Canucks alt

Adidas Flames away

Adidas Leafs home

Also Fanatics player jerseys of guys who switched teams (whole lotta Laine Jets jerseys) but there’s a McDavid breakaway jersey in there.

Checking out what else they have for sale and love that the only Canuck shirzeys they have for discount are Horvat, Boeser and Virtanen lol

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I honestly don't think people understand how good McDavid is unless you watch the Oilers regularly.

Yeah he’s probably the most dominant player of the last couple of decades

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

mennoknight posted:

the problem with that is that you have to watch the Oilers

Yeah other than McDavid and Draisaitl being awesome they really suck bad.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
801 babyyyyy

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hey RNH is over a point per game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Angry Asian posted:

Checking out what else they have for sale and love that the only Canuck shirzeys they have for discount are Horvat, Boeser and Virtanen lol

Sorely tempted to buy the $10 Spezza Leafs shirsey and visit my friends in Ottawa

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

802 babyyyyy

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
speaking of pumpkins, bobrovsky had a nice game going until now lol

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I’m so glad it was an ENG. Just keep salting these games away Ovie

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

He tried to give the ENG to Kuzy and Kuzy gave it back.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
This Ovechkin guy... he might be good.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

Canada goons: SVP Sports has a bunch of deals on jerseys, mostly western Canadian teams.

Also Fanatics player jerseys of guys who switched teams (whole lotta Laine Jets jerseys) but there’s a McDavid breakaway jersey in there.

My Laine and Byfuglien jerseys are my favourite of all my jerseys. So what if I got them at 75% off!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mr. Kite posted:

This Ovechkin guy... he might be good.

More like OvENGkin
Empty net Ovie

No I'm kidding it's cool I never thought we'd see another player crack 800

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 24, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Thankfully that's about 40 minutes of the game

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ovie is going to score 900 before he's done I bet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Why stop there.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's got 70-120 over the remainder of his contract, being conservative with the lower range.

If he keeps going over that, sky's the limit

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Struggling to find it right now but Bucci had a tweet recently that said something like if he keeps on his current pace, he would be able to pass Wayne sometime in December 2025.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Keep socking them dingers, Ovie

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Struggling to find it right now but Bucci had a tweet recently that said something like if he keeps on his current pace, he would be able to pass Wayne sometime in December 2025.

You mean 2024. Figure at least another 20 or more this season, that probably gets him close to 830ish. 40 next season is around 870. 2024-2025 season is the one he’ll get it done. Maybe.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
this is a ridiculous stat. He's gonna win another Selke and they're going to rename it The Bergeron
https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1606484334638428160

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If he wants to keep playing as it continues getting more and more painful to do so, Jagr style, Ovechkin stands a 10-15% or so chance of getting to 1,000 goals. He'll be 40 years old and around 900 after the 24-25 season. Jagr scored 101 after he turned 40 and his game was more about moving around on the ice than Ovi's.

Getting to 895 is a foregone conclusion barring career ending injury, IMO.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Needs to get to 975

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Eric the Mauve posted:

If he wants to keep playing as it continues getting more and more painful to do so, Jagr style, Ovechkin stands a 10-15% or so chance of getting to 1,000 goals. He'll be 40 years old and around 900 after the 24-25 season. Jagr scored 101 after he turned 40 and his game was more about moving around on the ice than Ovi's.

Getting to 895 is a foregone conclusion barring career ending injury, IMO.

Yea I agree. 895 felt impossible just a year or two ago but he hasn't slowed down at all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Needs to get to 975

I mean when he’s done with the NHL, he’ll probably go back to the KHL and close out his career with a season or two at 45.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
It will never not piss me off that we could have watched Ovechkin march to 1000 if it wasn't for lockouts/covid. 900 will always feel like a consolation prize. Then again, may be scoring wouldn't have gone up if we didn't have the 04/05 lockout.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

John Carlson left a poo poo ton of blood on the ice tonight.

https://twitter.com/GinoHard_/status/1606471486969085953

https://twitter.com/Dylan__Cope/status/1606470646808166401

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1606484819059146753

https://youtu.be/VQbIqz723h4

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat they found a source close to the family.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

Absolutely the right decision. Also, given how badly Tkachuk in a similar scenario hosed up Dumba's entire career, I'm still livid that this only had matching fighting majors:

Apparently everything before the gloves dropped was normal hockey play and furthermore the fight magically happened, nobody instigated anything

Absolutely with you on both counts. Shaw missed on his line and I think he made it worse when the dude tried breaking out of the way and didn’t just turn to miss completely on the hit. I kind of expected 2-4 games suspended from it.

Granted, Minnesota should have been on a PP from the instigator at that time. I definitely scared the dog when I started yelling after this. Only difference with the Reaves hit is the other guys didn’t keep chasing Reaves and Dumba got jumped by two guys that weren’t a part of the original play. I’m just sick of guys having to fight on every big legal hit. Ruins the tempo of the game for both clubs. Wouldn’t be an issue though if they called the rule book.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
People who watched the Panthers-Isles game: have the Panthers' players looked like they've given upon Maurice yet so that he'll retire again? I am so sick of looking at these box scores and seeing absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/VogsCaps/status/1606492149264125952?s=20&t=ayx_03o7x0xWDBBbrOm1cg

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

No games till the 27th, let’s check the standings and see who’s season is basically over.

Boston looking like President’s trophy winners and Philly fell off a loving cliff, lmao. I’m not counting out Detroit or Buffalo from making a wild card push yet, they’ve each only played 32 games.

I’m torn about Seattle. I’m want them to succeed cause half their team is former Caps, but gently caress Hakstol too. Edmonton needs to get its loving poo poo together, it’s painful to watch McJesus get squandered year after year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Edmonton needs to get its loving poo poo together, it’s painful to watch McJesus get squandered year after year.

no it's not.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Nobody made him sign with Edmonton.

(Seriously though, I want to see another Lindros moment. It'd be great fun with all these openly tanking teams if Bedard or someone was just like "Wow you guys completely tore your team apart in order to suck bad enough to draft first overall. Why would I want to play there?")

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Cartoon Man posted:

]
Boston looking like President’s trophy winners and Philly fell off a loving cliff, lmao. I’m not counting out Detroit or Buffalo from making a wild card push yet, they’ve each only played 32 games.
would be extremely surprised if detroit made the playoffs. basically the only thing propping the team up is husso

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Needs to get to 975

What was the WHA like back in its day?
Was the competition markedly lower than the NHL at large or is not rolling the records together a result of the battle between the leagues

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Was the competition markedly lower than the NHL at large or is not rolling the records together a result of the battle between the leagues

The Jets won three Cups so I guess you could say it was the last true and just hockey league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Gordie and his two sons all played for the greatest team ever to take to the ice, the Hartford Whalers. It truly was the League of Leagues