Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I’ve seen Ego three times and I’m CL 2050. He plays awful but I’m 3-0 there (2 games we both immediately snapped, the 3rd I snapped and my opponent waited until t6 to retreat, the coward.

Unrelated, the best feeling in this game is Rogue stealing a critical Ongoing from an opponent to get you the win. On the other hand, sometimes she steals Armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

If you use Leader too much you should automatically get a Scarlet Letter type title

I got Leader from a box today and joined the dark side, gaining 5 ranks in my first hour using him

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

canyonero posted:

I’ve seen Ego three times and I’m CL 2050. He plays awful but I’m 3-0 there (2 games we both immediately snapped, the 3rd I snapped and my opponent waited until t6 to retreat, the coward.

Unrelated, the best feeling in this game is Rogue stealing a critical Ongoing from an opponent to get you the win. On the other hand, sometimes she steals Armor.

I respectfully disagree. It’s dropping an enchantress on a Wong when you reveal first and they dropped a Mystique on it.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I finally got Dracula and now I'm Leader immune

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would really like to run a decent discard deck, but I have yet to unlock Hela, Ghost Rider, Death, or Dracula yet. Racked up a bunch of credits earlier tonight but my unlocks were like Invisible Woman, Mysterio, Dr Octopus, and maybe one other.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Ego an incredibly rare location or something? I've never seen it.

Yes all locations are equally likely to show up except for Ego and Bar With No Name which are much rarer

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

JackDarko posted:

I respectfully disagree. It’s dropping an enchantress on a Wong when you reveal first and they dropped a Mystique on it.

For me, it's having Morph copy an Infinaut and inducing a rage quit.

In a match earlier today, Sakaar was the first location. It pulled a Gambit for them, and my Morph. Who copied Xavier. A first turn rage quit, and I didn't even do anything! Hours later, I'm still giddy about it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So...is Rogue stealing only one power on the lane that my Wong is in a bug? Or is it working as intended? Or is this some sort of "card can only have one ability at a time" limit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah she takes one power only, same with Mystique's copying ability.

I just had a match where me and the other guy just spammed "aaarrggghh!" at each other the whole time, more games need that button

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

If you use Leader too much you should automatically get a Scarlet Letter type title

Scarlet Leader? :v:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ya ok

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

WarEternal posted:

Ego just played the opponent's Kingpin turn 3 and Cloak on Turn 5, then proceeded to attempt to move 4 of my cards into Kingpin's lane on Turn 6. Come on! lol

I hate how it doesn't even try to play properly. I had Ego with several options in hand play Mystique on an empty board, not even on the "+2 power to cards" location. Why.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Turn three Wave into turn four Agatha on Machineworld will always be funny. The emoting once they realize what’s happening is hilarious.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kaschei posted:

Smashing Limbo on turn six is my favorite play

relatedly, i accidentally won a game by way of bifrost -> colossus -> TVA

before that i didn't remember he was immune to Move because it's pretty much never relevant in pool 1

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

goferchan posted:

Yes all locations are equally likely to show up except for Ego and Bar With No Name which are much rarer

Worldship is also the highest rarity.

Bar With No Name may be not as common, but it's also not as rare as those two.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tender Bender posted:

I hate how it doesn't even try to play properly. I had Ego with several options in hand play Mystique on an empty board, not even on the "+2 power to cards" location. Why.

Because Ego is completely random. So is Agatha, except that she will play herself if possible. (Ego trumps Agatha, though.)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Can someone help me understand WTF happened here?

His turn 4 was Blade (discarding Swarm) and Sword Master (discarding Apoc.)

My turn 4 was White Queen, and somehow she gave me Swarm? Huh?

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Can someone help me understand WTF happened here?

His turn 4 was Blade (discarding Swarm) and Sword Master (discarding Apoc.)

My turn 4 was White Queen, and somehow she gave me Swarm? Huh?

I think you're misremembering the sequence of events, because middle is still Flooding and not yet Flooded on turn 5, which means Storm was played turn 4.

So Sword Master discards Apoc on turn 3, and Apoc gets shuffled into the deck by Attilan.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

So I just got to 590 and I have a movement deck that’s been doing pretty well. How much cred should I have before I upgrade to series 3, and what cards should I be looking out for when I do? Here is my deck:

# (1) Human Torch
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (5) Aero
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVpbWRhbGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRvY3RvclN0cmFuZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktyYXZlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNdWx0aXBsZU1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZ1bHR1cmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNsb2FrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrYnVzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdW1hblRvcmNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Sean posted:

My Leader counter is "play lovely cards." They never see it coming.

Love getting my Ultron Leadered and they get a bunch of weenies while I get some beefy four power drones

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Serperoth posted:

Love getting my Ultron Leadered and they get a bunch of weenies while I get some beefy four power drones

Yeah, gently caress Ultron, there's very little you can do about him.
Maybe I get lucky and the board state is in such a way that hitting him with Aero disrupts something, but more often than not, it's just "lol, you lose.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
What're good all star filler cards for decks? I've got a fair few starts of archetypes for move+discard+self destroy that I only have like 6-8 of the pieces for that I want to throw filler into and have something playable.

Also semi related, what sort of curve am I looking for with energy costs in a deck?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

the_steve posted:

Maybe I get lucky and the board state is in such a way that hitting him with Aero disrupts something, but more often than not, it's just "lol, you lose.

At least he's usually telegraphed enough that he can be Killmongered. Then it's a battle to make sure they have priority.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

the_steve posted:

Enchantress or Rogue whatever is buffing his drones.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

canyonero posted:

Unfortunately, I'm running Baero and none of those cards are in there.
Best I could do is like someone mentioned up above and try to get a last priority Killmonger on turn 6

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

canyonero posted:

Yeah this will give you a cube if you play against me, even with spreading stuff out, all the buffs already are fairly thin, and I don't have Mystique so losing Patriot means it's unlikely I'll pull it out. Goes-second Killmonger also does it, but game's over by then

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

WaffleZombie posted:

For me, it's having Morph copy an Infinaut and inducing a rage quit.

In a match earlier today, Sakaar was the first location. It pulled a Gambit for them, and my Morph. Who copied Xavier. A first turn rage quit, and I didn't even do anything! Hours later, I'm still giddy about it.

It's fun when you get the free cube and haven't played a single card

In other news after a seemingly unending card drought Mystique popped up in my shop and I pulled Psylocke making some more decks viable.

It's great because seemingly the only meta deck I could play was deathwave/shulk and it was getting boring, plus the deck gets crushed by leader which everyone was running.

I've been sitting on the Mr Negative deck since surfer came out and it slaps with Psylocke so I'm stoked

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Finally made it to 70 using

Hood
Squirrel Girl
Iceman
Armor
Shocker
Patriot
Brood
Shangchi
Thing
Blue Marvel
Onslaught
Ultron

Being able to switch between Ultron and onslaught makes it flexible and has frustrated a few late killmonger attempts.

I think I'm gonna switch out Hood though. Maybe Wolfsbane??

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Think the game is telling me to take another break, on a losing streak I'm finally having a good match, they drop Wong, I have Enchantress in hand... Except my deck was replaced with random cards, I draw Agatha, who plays Enchantress on an empty location.

Reek posted:

.I've been sitting on the Mr Negative deck since surfer came out and it slaps with Psylocke so I'm stoked

Ugh I need Wong for my Mr Negative deck...

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Tom Smykowski posted:

Finally made it to 70 using

Hood
Squirrel Girl
Iceman
Armor
Shocker
Patriot
Brood
Shangchi
Thing
Blue Marvel
Onslaught
Ultron

Being able to switch between Ultron and onslaught makes it flexible and has frustrated a few late killmonger attempts.

I think I'm gonna switch out Hood though. Maybe Wolfsbane??

mister sinister?

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

My goal for the season was to hit 60. I switched to the Leech/Leader list and I'm at 82 now with a legit chance to hit 90 before the season ends. I wish there was a speech emote for after a match that said "Unironically, I know and I'm sorry. I also hope they nerf Leader." Although it is fun when the other person plays Leader too and I still win.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

the_steve posted:

An Ultron that will beat you is pretty easy to predict, they’ve got patriot and probably Mystique on the board and a couple of empty-ish lanes

If you’ve got priority Enchantress (preferably already on the board), Aero, or Cosmo (or yeah Rogue forgot about her) can win the game, and if you don’t Killmonger can too, or you retreat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Serperoth posted:

Someone tried that strategy on my Ultron and they lost

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Someone tried that strategy on my Ultron and they lost

They lose when they try it on mine too :getin:

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Tender Bender posted:

Ugh I need Wong for my Mr Negative deck...

I really wish he let me play this one out, just to see how crazy things could have gotten. No man should have two wongs

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Two Wongs make a..

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Serperoth posted:

They lose when they try it on mine too :getin:

Patriot decks have given me the most trouble so far when playing Leader. My deck is missing some key pieces, but I don't think anything on my wishlist would help. Ultron isn't even required in a lot of situations. Patriot/Mystique not interacting with anything on the Leader side is nice, but honestly, I think Debrii is the best tool that deck has. Cludging up 3/12 slots with often useless rocks is huge against most decks.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
As I inch higher in rank last few days I've noticed the gameplay doesn't change much but there's so much more BM emoting. I've never looked for a mute button until recently :(
"Snap?"
"Snap?"
"Snap?"

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
All of my reserve variants so far have been pixel or baby. I hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Don’t be like me and think you’ve got the match in the bag. Killmonger doesn’t murder vibranium.