Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

mirror123 posted:

As I inch higher in rank last few days I've noticed the gameplay doesn't change much but there's so much more BM emoting. I've never looked for a mute button until recently :(
"Snap?"
"Snap?"
"Snap?"

As a Hearthstone veteran, I am well-practiced with and recommend the reflexive mute at the start of every match.

Edit: it's hilarious that Ben Brode made another card game without an always mute option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No One Man Should Have All That Wong

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Had a few bullshit losses so far today, but I also had my fair share of matches where my opponent steps on every rake they can find.

Just had a match where they quit on turn 4.
Middle space was the "whoever is losing here gets their cards destroyed" one.

They have Lockjaw, I have a squirrel.

I play She Hulk on the space, they play Hell Cow.
HC discards their Hela and Lady Sif, then Lockjaws out into Swarm.
They retreated before the explosion animation had a chance to finish.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

As a Hearthstone veteran, I am well-practiced with and recommend the reflexive mute at the start of every match.

Edit: it's hilarious that Ben Brode made another card game without an always mute option.

I don't know of any game with an auto mute for emotes. I like how they always seem to manage to come up with something more sarcastic feeling (at least to me) than just a simple "gg".

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Two wongs make a wang

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Skippy McPants posted:

Given that they are going to sell you emotes going forward, auto-mute for emotes seems very unlikely and, to be honest, uneccessary.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Emotes are fine, imo. The more toxic, annoying thing is when you get roped and someone snaps at the last second.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

One of the best things about my Patriot deck is that it's one of the few decks that doesn't need a big finisher, so I'm safer from Leader or things like Mindscape. Especially the latter, always fun sending over nothing but Shocker and Misty. Good luck!

Man, they really need to fix the inbox. Just add a read/unread folder like every other game at least. I don't need copies of everything in one big messy pile forever

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 24, 2022

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'm not quite sure how, but I'm CL 400 and when I run my normal decks I feel like I run into other pool 2 folks but if I run my dino deck I consistently (read as:every game) run into full pool 3 decks with every insane meta card. That feels very bad, and has caused a 7 rank skid this week.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

goddamn. Shame he is completely unplayable.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I've been playing this game since mid-beta and I have yet to see one of these mythical Toxic Emoters, nor do I even comprehend what that would look like in reality

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

No Wave posted:

Variant looks amazing; congratulations.

Can you combo this with Wave for Shenanigans? Ice Man comes to mind as well. Are there any other cards that interact with your opponent's card cost?

What sucks about that mechanic is that it’s hard to know when it’s “working.” It’s hard to test or tweak when your opponent doesn’t emote “arghhhhh” when you ice man them turn 1.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

No Wave posted:

Black Bolt has some of the best variants.

I wonder how much power they’d have to shave off to lower him to 4 cost. At 4/6 I think Black Bolt sees significant play, especially with Zabu in January.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I've been playing this game since mid-beta and I have yet to see one of these mythical Toxic Emoters, nor do I even comprehend what that would look like in reality

You don't understand! Somebody used the snap emote three times in a row and so I want them banned from the game!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Black Bolt could work in a low cost Sif and Ghost Rider deck.

I'm unsure the power you lose on those two cards are made up by him and the discard though.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 24, 2022

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Playing on my lowbie alt account and at CL194 I just ran into a bot with Wong and Juggernaut. Wong was the last card played on turn six purely for stats.

This game is really weird sometimes.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

mirror123 posted:

As I inch higher in rank last few days I've noticed the gameplay doesn't change much but there's so much more BM emoting. I've never looked for a mute button until recently :(
"Snap?"
"Snap?"
"Snap?"

PSA for anyone who still doesn't know: tap the other player's avatar. The mute button will be at the top.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Opopanax posted:

One of the best things about my Patriot deck is that it's one of the few decks that doesn't need a big finisher, so I'm safer from Leader or things like Mindscape. Especially the latter, always fun sending over nothing but Shocker and Misty. Good luck!

Man, they really need to fix the inbox. Just add a read/unread folder like every other game at least. I don't need copies of everything in one big messy pile forever

It's very good when a Leader copies my t6 of Patriot and Mystique. Enjoy that 1 power, pal!

Donnerberg posted:

Black Bolt could work in a low cost Sif and Ghost Rider deck.

I'm unsure the power you lose on those two cards are made up by him and the discard though.

Ghost Rider can't pull things out of your opponent's discard. Maybe he'd be useful if there was a Death equivalent for discard.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BGrifter posted:

Black Bolt has some of the best variants.

I wonder how much power they’d have to shave off to lower him to 4 cost. At 4/6 I think Black Bolt sees significant play, especially with Zabu in January.
This is their attempt to make him playable: https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/stature/

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wish we could see which cards that we had discarded, instead of just seeing how many there are.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess Black Bolt would help in a Knull deck but definitely not more than a lot of other stuff I can do with 5 energy

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Isn't there a deck with doubling effects & Black Bolt + Moon Knight to empty the opponent's hand?

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I want more Shh variants

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Scrap Dragon posted:

Ghost Rider can't pull things out of your opponent's discard. Maybe he'd be useful if there was a Death equivalent for discard.

Right, I was grasping for ways to play him. I was thinking you discard Black Bolt on turn 3, and Ghost Rider him on 4.

He'd definitely be more interesting as a Death version of discard though like you said.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JackDarko posted:

Emotes are fine, imo. The more toxic, annoying thing is when you get roped and someone snaps at the last second.

Someone mentioned awhile ago that Snapping should reset the End Turn button so you have a chance to respond and yeah, I think that's a good idea.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Getting mad at the ms marvel emote probably says more about me than whoever was doing it, but by golly it still pisses me off anyway lmao

Feels so sarcastic!!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
squirrel girl was literally my second to last pool 1 pull :negative:

on the plus side I've really been enjoying the dinosaur deck

e: enchantress is, of course, the last

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Spider-man in my shop... I really don't want to use precious tokens on pool 3 cards, but he's one of the cards in pool 3 I want the most. (Others are Death and Brood.)

Thoughts?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I had someone who snapped straight away and kept spamming 'Snap?', Thanos and Ms Marvel at me over and over.

I could've just muted them but I retreated before playing a single card and let them enjoy their precious cube. Prick.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

TengenNewsEditor posted:

Isn't there a deck with doubling effects & Black Bolt + Moon Knight to empty the opponent's hand?

I had a game where Black Bolt wiped out most of my hand. Granted, it was dropped on Kamar-Taj with Wong. Individually I'd only use him on a Cosmo or no reveal location just for the points if I had no other choices.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ve been playing for about a week now and I just hit 51 with this deck <:-)

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (2) Forge
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Groot
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja2V0UmFjY29vbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbmhlYXJ0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdyb290In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It’s pretty simple but there are so many synergies going on. Best advice I do is stack forge and lizard on a location I feel is a little more useless to make a juicier T6 with Odin hitting Ironheart/GotG gang/spider woman, or even firing off Elektra a second time. Good guesses with the GotG also help burst ahead.

If anyone has suggestions for how to improve it or cards that will fit in well in the future shout it out

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

If anyone has suggestions for how to improve it or cards that will fit in well in the future shout it out

One obvious change I would make is replacing Groot with Star Lord. 5 power for 2 energy is much better than 6 power for 3 energy.

Edit: The deck has no obvious synergies with Forge, making him just a pretty sad 2/3. Cards like Scarlet Witch, Lizard, Angela, would be good replacements if you have any of them.

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 25, 2022

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I've spent all evening losing to decks that have randomly thrown devil dino in, including an apocalypse discard deck, hitting Rank 40-50 and playing people with more complete collections has been a very different experience.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I've spent all evening losing to decks that have randomly thrown devil dino in, including an apocalypse discard deck, hitting Rank 40-50 and playing people with more complete collections has been a very different experience.

There are cards like Dino and Leader that I just refuse to play out of principle at this point.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
You should play dino everyday, pal

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

i run a DD deck myself and it's fun! Collector, Moon Girl, Agent 13/draw shenanigans all feel like they telegraph the Dino power turn well.

Just having him get windmill slammed opposite side of the board after my opponents spent 4 turns before doing random flood or move gimmicks feels real weird

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I get Leader but what's the beef with Satan Saurian

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tom Smykowski posted:

You should play dino everyday, pal
You can, but I feel like more people are carrying a Shang-Chi in their deck now as a counter

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

idk if he's OP or anything I've just lost a bunch of games to it this evening to decks that looked like they didn't even have any synergy with the Luciferian Lizard and it feels bad and I'm angry posting about it on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zodack posted:

I get Leader but what's the beef with Satan Saurian