Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright home stretch of my Pokedex.

Last things I need:

- Slowking (I have a Slowpoke with a King's Rock, just need to trade)
- Great Tusk
- Brute Bonnet
- Sandy Shocks
- Scream Tail
- Roaring Moon

Anyone willing to help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah 5 star raids are the best balance for farming mats between payout and chance of actually winning.

yeah but I need ability patches

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

indigi posted:

raids suck poo poo. Input interruptions are really annoying and you're guaranteed 2 per raid, any scripted action resets the cursor position so if you're trying to spam an attack quickly it can change your input, every animation is 50% too long. I’m just doing stuff I can solo from now on

Yeah raids are frustrating. UX could use some modernisation in general in this game.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Alright home stretch of my Pokedex.

Last things I need:

- Slowking (I have a Slowpoke with a King's Rock, just need to trade)
- Great Tusk
- Brute Bonnet
- Sandy Shocks
- Scream Tail
- Roaring Moon

Anyone willing to help?

I can do that on the condition you keep em' afterwards. There's nothing I'm really looking for at the moment, is that okay?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flopsy posted:

I can do that on the condition you keep em' afterwards. There's nothing I'm really looking for at the moment, is that okay?

Well thanks to the link codes I have everything except for Sandy Shocks and Slowking. Keeping them is fine.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
It took me 25 minutes to find a shiny Sandy Shocks for my brother for Christmas and then the game decided to gift me a shiny Scream Tail free of charge

I'm naming it Scornament :cheeky:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Man, so I'm trying to fight a 6 star bug type Hydreigon and it is not going well. A raid 'mon with Taunt disrupts all the meta builds (which I love) but people do not seem to know what to do about that.

My survivability is fine but because people aren't bringing any sort of healing (and refusing to cheer I guess?) the timer is getting run down too fast due to fainting

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 24, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Surprise Trade is kicking off today. Charmanders flying everywhere. Just got a lokix in a Beast Ball. Chaos.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Well thanks to the link codes I have everything except for Sandy Shocks and Slowking. Keeping them is fine.

Aight shoot me over a PM whenever you're ready to go.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flopsy posted:

Aight shoot me over a PM whenever you're ready to go.

Done and thank you.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
this is the Fighting Raid Power 2 sandwich recipe I found for Cinderace

Rice x3
Herbed Sausage x3
Whipped Cream
Horseradish x2
Chili Sauce

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wizard2 posted:

this is the Fighting Raid Power 2 sandwich recipe I found for Cinderace

Rice x3
Herbed Sausage x3
Whipped Cream
Horseradish x2
Chili Sauce

What's fighting raid power do again?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just ran into a Shiny Sandygast that knocked itself out using Curse

where's the rope

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Raid power sandwiches give better rewards for raids Pokémon of that type

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Carlosologist posted:

I just ran into a Shiny Sandygast that knocked itself out using Curse

where's the rope

Save in front of shinies!

...I don't, honestly, I just run at them in a panic.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why is Azumarill such a popular raid Pokémon? in my experience the past few days they would come in, belly drum, immediately die, and repeat til the raid wiped

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

indigi posted:

why is Azumarill such a popular raid Pokémon? in my experience the past few days they would come in, belly drum, immediately die, and repeat til the raid wiped

It was useful in the Charizard raids, that’s about it

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

If they've got a shell bell, a type advantage, and the boss doesn't do 50%+ of their health per hit, they're pretty good. Problem is people thinking there's a one-size-fits-all mon and getting super owned by bad matchups.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's both nice but also frustrating that there's no fish button this gen, should be a handful of mons you can lean on depending on type matchups but even iron hands gets regularly owned. I was winning maybe one of every five or six 6*s I was able to join

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

indigi posted:

it's both nice but also frustrating that there's no fish button this gen, should be a handful of mons you can lean on depending on type matchups but even iron hands gets regularly owned. I was winning maybe one of every five or six 6*s I was able to join

The closest thing to a fish button now is "Make it Rain".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

indigi posted:

Even without support they can almost one-shot the boss if they survive to do one attack(and get all their health back with Shell bell).

The only issue is people bring them to EVERYTHING, even stuff that will just kill them before they can attack. Also Play Rough makes the boss HP bar do wonky things.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Is there some reason more people aren't using Annihilape? I haven't bothered doing raids online, but having just started solo raids it's managed to take out (some) 6 star raids pretty handily.

Rage Fist's power up (apparently) doesn't get reset when you get knocked out. It also learns bulk up, drain fist, and screech for a bunch of setup you probably only want to bother with if you're doing it solo, and even then I've had the AI chip damage reset buffs/debuffs before I was done setting up.

But in any case Rage Fist seems like a pretty good move since it's a power up that can't be reset, and Annihilape is fairly bulky and physically powerful.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Eiba posted:

Is there some reason more people aren't using Annihilape? I haven't bothered doing raids online, but having just started solo raids it's managed to take out (some) 6 star raids pretty handily.

Rage Fist's power up (apparently) doesn't get reset when you get knocked out. It also learns bulk up, drain fist, and screech for a bunch of setup you probably only want to bother with if you're doing it solo, and even then I've had the AI chip damage reset buffs/debuffs before I was done setting up.

But in any case Rage Fist seems like a pretty good move since it's a power up that can't be reset, and Annihilape is fairly bulky and physically powerful.

I use it for solos and it rocks, I even managed to beat an oppossing Annihilape raid (the hardest one IMO) with them.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Eiba posted:

Doesn't know Belly Drum so you can't feel like a hero for one shotting the boss on turn 2.

But yeah Annihilape rules. Just a shame the AI understands to avoid proc'ing Defiant

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
I spent most of last night losing to a 6 star normal tera Vaporeon that had Yawn. I tried Taunting with Annihilape but I couldn’t use Rage Fist and I would get reset before getting it all the way down. I also used Electric Terrain Iron Hands and still couldn’t set up and stay awake long enough to bring it down.

During one match an AI Arboliva kept changing my Terrain and making me fall asleep again.

I need to train up a few different Raid battlers. It’s mostly those two and a Azumarril

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Raid power sandwiches give better rewards for raids Pokémon of that type

Interesting! I'm going to have look into that. I've been herba mystica farming so I'm reluctant to use the herbs to punch up the sandwiches too much though. As it stands I have a fairly decent haul and since I prefer masuda method as my main way of shiny collection I might just reserve them for making egg power sandwiches instead.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anyone else getting raids where it feels like people are deliberately sabotaging poo poo? Just had one with a guy whose corviknight only knew struggle. Which quite frankly I don't even know how that's possible.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Flopsy posted:

Anyone else getting raids where it feels like people are deliberately sabotaging poo poo? Just had one with a guy whose corviknight only knew struggle. Which quite frankly I don't even know how that's possible.

That sounds like a pure support build that got taunted. I'd just cheer at that point though...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Flopsy posted:

Ditto raids are full of assholes using Raid mons as the host. I just attack the host after we get wiped once.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

The Gillman posted:

I spent most of last night losing to a 6 star normal tera Vaporeon that had Yawn. I tried Taunting with Annihilape but I couldn’t use Rage Fist and I would get reset before getting it all the way down. I also used Electric Terrain Iron Hands and still couldn’t set up and stay awake long enough to bring it down.

During one match an AI Arboliva kept changing my Terrain and making me fall asleep again.

I need to train up a few different Raid battlers. It’s mostly those two and a Azumarril

Did you try the Heal cheer? That's clears the status effect and you can go back to punching to victory

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rudoku posted:

Ditto raids are full of assholes using Raid mons as the host.

Confirming this. They all just brought in stuff that got the whole team killed as quick as possible when I could get in any.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Rudoku posted:

Ditto raids are full of assholes using Raid mons as the host. I just attack the host after we get wiped once.

I want to evolve my shiny Magikarp so I can bring back the glory of Red Gyarados but I need it as my Ditto raid host forever

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hrist posted:

Confirming this. They all just brought in stuff that got the whole team killed as quick as possible when I could get in any.

I've had these too. I had one guy though who knew what he was doing and hosted with a magikarp. Took a six star ditto down in two turns. Ditto raids don't need to be hard but that's a difficult concept for some people I guess.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Eiba posted:

Annihilape is currently the sixth most used Pokémon on Pikalytics because it's so good. Every team has it, murkrow, chomp, or hydreigon on it.

Gholdengo is the number one most used because yes, it has this game's fish button in Make it Rain

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 25, 2022

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

Did you try the Heal cheer? That's clears the status effect and you can go back to punching to victory

I haven’t tried any the of the cheers besides the attack one. I’ll try that next time. Thanks!

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Do the attack/defend cheers raise stats in a special way or is it just a 1-stage increase for all? I usually stick to defending/healing cheers cos I assume many people will bring attack buffs with their builds anyway.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Teratrain posted:

Do the attack/defend cheers raise stats in a special way or is it just a 1-stage increase for all? I usually stick to defending/healing cheers cos I assume many people will bring attack buffs with their builds anyway.

Attack cheers are very situational. I tend to use them if we need to hit hard and fast early on with the expectation they'll get swept away once the shield goes up. But it's also possible to slog through getting the shield up and then start spamming attack cheers, usually has to do with how well the raid is going.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
They're a 1.5x boost to the respective stats. This stacks with buffs and debuffs. The cheers are permanent and are only dispelled upon the raid mon clearing buffs.

In solo raids, you can actually apply the stat cheers twice, in which the bonus goes up to 2x. In group raids they can only be applied once.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

farmed up fifty malicious armors before deciding to call it. the charcadet army is now fully equipped and ready for christmas day deployment on wonder trade

also i was lucky enough to hatch a blue-eyed baby while filling up my boxes with charcadets, my first shiny in idek how long :3: welcome to the squad, Pimiento!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

So Charizard really has no way to boost its special attack stat in battle?