Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zodack posted:

I get Leader but what's the beef with Satan Saurian

Idk I just find him really tedious. No offense to Terrible Theropod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Yeah, legit never once seen anything like that out of months of playing. Even if I did... so what?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JackDarko posted:

Variant looks amazing; congratulations.

Can you combo this with Wave for Shenanigans?

Yes, you can. If you have played Wave, playing Black Bolt the following turn can discard any card in the opponent's hand.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Yeah, legit never once seen anything like that out of months of playing. Even if I did... so what?

not a problem for me therefore not a problem, got it

look mang, there are whole rules and regulations about not being a lovely sportsman across both in-person sports and video games. it's a thing

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tiger Millionaire posted:

idk if he's OP or anything I've just lost a bunch of games to it this evening to decks that looked like they didn't even have any synergy with the Luciferian Lizard and it feels bad and I'm angry posting about it on the internet

I think there’s a deck going around called a good cards Dino deck pile. Which as the name suggests is a pile of cards and Devil Dino.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

not a problem for me therefore not a problem, got it

look mang, there are whole rules and regulations about not being a lovely sportsman across both in-person sports and video games. it's a thing

There's a mute button. It's pretty easy to deal with. Roll your eyes at the idiot, hit mute, and move on with both your game and your life.

And yeah, I'm also going to posit that, having played as much of this dumb game as I have, if I've never once run across it, there is a significant chance that the people who are getting full on angry-post tilted by a fukkin emoji are also overstating the problem.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My Second Re-Reg posted:

There's a mute button. It's pretty easy to deal with. Roll your eyes at the idiot, hit mute, and move on with both your game and your life.

And yeah, I'm also going to posit that, having played as much of this dumb game as I have, if I've never once run across it, there is a significant chance that the people who are getting full on angry-post tilted by a fukkin emoji are also overstating the problem.

It's just being annoyed at people who are trying to be annoying, you don't need to try to Logically Disprove it exists

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Technical Foul: Excessive usage of emotes

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Gonna follow my own advice and move on with both life and game lmao

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

My Second Re-Reg posted:

it's clear I'm not going to convince you but have you considered you're the one who's overreacting to people whining on the internet? let them bitch about it mute them if you don't like it. don't tell them their problem doesn't exist because you both don't get bothered by it and haven't run into it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I don't think anyone's actually angry at this. People are just arseholes sometimes.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Here is my dino deck. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Currently sitting at the end of pool 2, and so far it's served me well up into the mid 60s and counting.

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (1) Nova
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Sabretooth
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFudGlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGVDb2xsZWN0b3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYWJyZXRvb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZW50aW5lbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVRdWVlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhYmxlIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Mostly standard, but with Carnage eating Sabretooth as an extra avenue for buffing Collector. Obviously setting it up means I'm not double dinoing unless the locations help me out, but in games where I can't double dino anyway, copying the now zero cost sabretooth can be a decent consolation prize. There's also plenty of 2 power cards for carnage to safely eat, plus he's handy for getting rid of squirrels, raptors, ninjas, etc. I can even plausibly bluff a full destroy deck for the first few turns depending on how my draws go.

Cosmo's mostly there to stop my dinos from getting Shang Chi'd, but I could probably be convinced to use armor instead. While I don't usually have much trouble playing around him, maybe the lower cost would give me some extra flexibility?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Cosmo's mostly there to stop my dinos from getting Shang Chi'd, but I could probably be convinced to use armor instead. While I don't usually have much trouble playing around him, maybe the lower cost would give me some extra flexibility?

I personally like Cosmo better because it also shuts down Enchantress and Wong.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is She Hulk worth pinning even if I’m missing Pool 3 staples? I’m about two hundred tokens away. I’ve pinned the card just in case.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Is She Hulk worth pinning even if I’m missing Pool 3 staples? I’m about two hundred tokens away. I’ve pinned the card just in case.

depends on the pool 3s and what decks they unlock for you. Shulk is a great addition to a bunch of decks if youre looking for a power boost.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Got nailed by Mr Negative->Magik->Galactus to surprise end the game on t6. That can’t work more than once every 20 games.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JackDarko posted:

Yes I think so

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

buffalo all day posted:

Got nailed by Mr Negative->Magik->Galactus to surprise end the game on t6. That can’t work more than once every 20 games.

That sounds dope.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I think Ms Marvel is kind of a fun rorschach test to see how hosed up you are because it's like, here is one of the most innocent and inoffensive characters in the Marvel universe. She is smiling. She is giving you a thumbs up.

Is this:

A. A fun exchange between players
B. The worst thing that has ever happened to you

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Uh, the fun exchange between players is clearly the fist bump

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Reek posted:

I think Ms Marvel is kind of a fun rorschach test to see how hosed up you are because it's like, here is one of the most innocent and inoffensive characters in the Marvel universe. She is smiling. She is giving you a thumbs up.

Is this:

Depends on the timing. Some opponents use it to end a game. Some opponents use it after something horrible happens to you.

The latter in particular leaves matters up for interpretation.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Reek posted:

Is this:

It's transpaeently used as a bm emote when someone gets a shang chi off and here you are pretending that its not.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Just remember it's your own head and you can think whatever you want but it sure seems silly to get mad at a game you play while pooping or whatever

Anyway this was probably the most bullshit game ever and I do feel bad and I wish there was an "I'm Sorry" emote but you would all just use it sarcastically I guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reek posted:

Just remember it's your own head and you can think whatever you want but it sure seems silly to get mad at a game you play while pooping or whatever

We should make this a gangtag

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I finally got Lockjaw and was so excited, I forgot I had no idea how to actually use him. Running this right now:

# (1) Blade⁰
# (2) Morbius
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut

Any advice? I'd appreciate it. Never ran discard, I don't have Dracula or I'd run it properly. I seem to win big or lose big, it's a fun change of pace from Double D I have been relegated to for what seems like forever.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zodack posted:

Uh, the fun exchange between players is clearly the fist bump

Spiderman and Fist Bump are the best emotes, in that order.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'm sure it's been suggested but if you're running the Always Snaps title the game should autosnap every match. I've only seen it three times but they've never snapped back.

Any good Agatha deck if I don't have Hela?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There's no good Agatha deck even if you do have Hela. Every Agatha deck is better if you drop Agatha for Hulk, as tactical play is worth at least 2 points.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

rydiafan posted:

There's no good Agatha deck even if you do have Hela. Every Agatha deck is better if you drop Agatha for Hulk, as tactical play is worth at least 2 points.

Yeah I just like to level up the cool looking cards towards end of bp if I don't feel like climbing any further.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

The most egregious emote sin is not saying "hello!" back.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I find that people who say emote "Hello!" first are about to drop Iceman, Scorpion, Green and Hobgoblin on you.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

faantastic posted:

I posted this a while ago

and I still enjoy it, but at the time I thought Hobgoblin was a better addition than Sera. It isn't, and I was dumb. Use Sera instead.

Ubersandwich posted:

I find that people who say emote "Hello!" first are about to drop Iceman, Scorpion, Green and Hobgoblin on you.

:hmmyes:
I spam "Hello!" at the start of most matches, but it is more fun when I'm running my Hazmat/"gently caress you" deck, yes.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Reek posted:

Is this:

I think you're lying to yourself if you think anyone on the internet is not an rear end in a top hat that will use whatever tools at their disposal to prove it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

faantastic posted:

I'm sure it's been suggested but if you're running the Always Snaps title the game should autosnap every match. I've only seen it three times but they've never snapped back.

It's not Good, since like Rydiafan said, there is no "good" Agatha deck, but, when I feel like loving around, I tend to put her with Guardian of the Galaxy cards, basically go full on gambler with the deck.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
So far, Darkhawk is pretty drat fun. I've been using this from a Twitch streamer Dekkster.

Works like a regular dino deck, but with the added usage of Darkhawk gives me decent wincons.

The real test is next Monday with the new season and Zabu being added. The ability to combo Wong and Rock Slide on turn 4, and with Absorbing Man can really gently caress up your opponent decks.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

The real fun is running Cerebro3 with Scarlet Witch, Rhino, and Magik.

It isn't uncommon to surprise end the game on T6 when your opponent decides to spend the turn prepping for a big T7.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

faantastic posted:

I’m running Agatha on my alt account with Wave/Lockjaw/Jubilee and all the big boys. It’s great for knocking out dailies mostly on autopilot.

Lots of retreating on turn six, but sometimes crazy stuff happens. Just had an opponent Leech Agatha and Infinaut with Elysium on the board.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Duck and Cover posted:

I think you're lying to yourself if you think anyone on the internet is not an rear end in a top hat that will use whatever tools at their disposal to prove it.

That says more about you than it does about anyone else, honestly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ubersandwich posted:

I finally got Lockjaw and was so excited, I forgot I had no idea how to actually use him. Running this right now:

Any advice? I'd appreciate it. Never ran discard, I don't have Dracula or I'd run it properly. I seem to win big or lose big, it's a fun change of pace from Double D I have been relegated to for what seems like forever.

You really can't do Dracjaw without Dracula. There's no replacement for him. You should definitely run Apocalypse anyway though, he's your best turn 6.

Without Dracula I'd play Lockthor instead, if you have Thor.

Wasp
Sunspot
Okoye
Green Goblin/Ironheart/Lockjaw/Thor
Jubilee
Jane Foster
Odin/Giganto/Infinaut

Goblin is a flex; it's there to mess up Galactus and take Space Throne. You could probably swap him and Jane for Wolfsbane and Surfer and Okoye for Brood, and make it a cosmic hybrid deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

Patriot decks have given me the most trouble so far when playing Leader. My deck is missing some key pieces, but I don't think anything on my wishlist would help. Ultron isn't even required in a lot of situations. Patriot/Mystique not interacting with anything on the Leader side is nice, but honestly, I think Debrii is the best tool that deck has. Cludging up 3/12 slots with often useless rocks is huge against most decks.

I don't have Mystique or Debrii yet, so I'm making due with Ka-Zar and BM, but yeah, I once got Debrii played against me (or maybe it was from the location) and it was sweet. Less of a dead drop that Squirrel Girl it seems, since SG is just 1-power and doesn't get the Patriot buff, but at 3 it's not AS bad.