Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

your chocobo will also do a lil serpentine swim when underwater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

If they didn't do Warring Triad they're probably not doing Four Lords. Especially since they're doing 2 Ultimates an expansion instead of 3.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said it would be a surprise :v:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

anyway I hope the omega ultimate opens with o10s midgardsormr to continue the trend of every other ultimate starting with bosses people hate

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Vitamean posted:

anyway I hope the omega ultimate opens with o10s midgardsormr to continue the trend of every other ultimate starting with bosses people hate

They showed the first 30sec on stream and it starts in o11 mode.

Personally I think you'll be fighting omega variants but there will be a few trio phases with attacks coming out from various other bosses from the raid.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Last phase is Toy Omega and you have to break them in front of Alpha to get your clear

Never

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Final phase is omega as a loporrit

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

It's this, but also a person chased off to the middle of nowhere isn't pushing the point. It's definitely the wrong move like, 99% of the time though.

Yeah but the chaser is also not on the point. A very valid tactic is for a tank to lure 2-3 people away and keep them busy and annoyed

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechaX posted:

So here I am, grinding CC for the mount before 6.3 hits

So what is the logic behind pursuing someone so hard that you end up at the other team's spawn point

I think you'd be surprised how often 2-3 people will stop and attack the nearly-unkillable tank who positioned themselves near spawn, rather than ignore them and actually push the objective.

Also a lot of people get blinders on in CC and are easily blindsided by flankers, so the tactic actually works for getting kills on low HP targets.

But yeah a lot of the time it's just people who have no idea what the actual win condition is and just focus fire one guy at a time no matter how far they run.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

I don't deserve my family. Merry Christmas!

Now to figure out how art book minions work.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Twibbit posted:

I don't deserve my family. Merry Christmas!

Now to figure out how art book minions work.

Yo, where's that Tataru figurine from? I need that for reasons.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DanielCross posted:

Yo, where's that Tataru figurine from? I need that for reasons.

When I bought mine, I found it on Amazon, it's made by Taito.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Kyrosiris posted:

When I bought mine, I found it on Amazon, it's made by Taito.

Correct from looking on the very Japanese box. It is specifically the Tataru minion version

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Little Christmas Eve photoshoot

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

The ear muffs aren't covering your ears.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, the only loss I've had any issues with has been Ranjit. I just never bought into him at any point. I understood what he was supposed to be but I disagreed with it. Eat my fist, grandpa

It always surprises me whenever Ranjit is brought up how few people played FF9 given how lauded it is. While having the WOL arbitrarily lose is always annoying, given that Ranjit is based off of Beatrix, I knew when they first squared up that it was only going to end one way.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Is he? I'm not sure I see the connection other than being the right hand of a certain body shape of monarch. What I immediately picked up on having played FF9 and close to a dozen others is that Square isn't afraid and arguably pioneered the trope of kicking the players rear end in an unwinnable fight for story reasons. FF4 was my first FF and not shy about those!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I must've missed the part where Ran'jit realizes his feelings for Thancred and teams up with him to gently caress up some swarming Sin Eaters.

That would have been a pretty amazing twist though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mikemil828 posted:

It always surprises me whenever Ranjit is brought up how few people played FF9 given how lauded it is. While having the WOL arbitrarily lose is always annoying, given that Ranjit is based off of Beatrix, I knew when they first squared up that it was only going to end one way.

I think I hate your inexplicable connecting Ranjit to Beatrix more than I hate Ranjit.

You're fine, but my eyes melted for a second there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Emzedoh posted:

The ear muffs aren't covering your ears.

Look I could only find one other earmuff option specifically for catgirls and it ended up looking more like horns :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The secret is that the cat ears have been ear muffs all along.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Macaluso posted:

Look I could only find one other earmuff option specifically for catgirls and it ended up looking more like horns :v:

It makes me think more of a pair of mittens.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Doomykins posted:

Is he? I'm not sure I see the connection other than being the right hand of a certain body shape of monarch.

Well that and the hyper corpulent monarch also has a pair of twin jesters color coded red and blue for no apparent reason.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/sabato__n/status/1606739721648066560

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Macaluso posted:

That is not how you eat ice-cream.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alris posted:

That is not how you eat ice-cream.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Chillgamesh posted:

Last phase is Toy Omega and you have to break them in front of Alpha to get your clear

Keeping it in the spirit of FFV, the last phase is you just quickleaking him to death and standing there for 11 hours in the middle of a time stop.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Four summoners! Count them, four!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SuperKlaus posted:

Was thinking about this, and why is it? Wouldn't the Firestarter proc be either just launched off right away as a bonus or necessarily spent the next time you reenter AF, so it never has a chance to replace Fire 1 as your timer refresher?

speaking of, if you have firestarter ready when re-entering the fire phase, you should use transpose before fire 3, it'll give you the AF1 damage boost for it, and you get the instant&free cast anyway due to firestarter :science:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only ff14 merch i have is this nu mou plush

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Ok, those are hilarious.

Actually, this is reminding me of an old grievance:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1606439637962088450?t=mBUoRLmZYPg5al5sBjgvGg&s=19

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Truga posted:

speaking of, if you have firestarter ready when re-entering the fire phase, you should use transpose before fire 3, it'll give you the AF1 damage boost for it, and you get the instant&free cast anyway due to firestarter :science:

Keep in mind that if you do this your Astral Fire timer starts ticking earlier, so you lose the ability to do 4 Fire 4s or 3 Fire 4s and a filler GCD before your Fire 1/Paradox at lower spell speeds. It is typically a damage increase to use Fire 3 procs this way over just using them in AF3 but you need to make sure you don't autopilot too hard and drop AF.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Just jumping into this after a long hiatus and still making my way through Endwalker. I’m having a tough time choosing between DRG and RPR to finish the MSQ. I find both their play styles very fun, but very different, obviously. Is there any reason to level one or the other for end game play?

Also, side leveling GNB at the same time. Man, they really found a way to make tanking SO fun. Gonna keep that leveled up enough that I can do dungeons and trials without waiting 20 minutes for dps Qs. I never really messed with glams, and after finding some great ones at lvl 80 for all those classes it really does make the game more enjoyable. The end game truly is fantasy dress-up.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Every job is 100% viable in end game stuff, play whatever you want

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

My WoL’s patron deity is Halone and I feel like she’s going to have similar weird emotions going on when the fight happens.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Toastymcfly posted:

Just jumping into this after a long hiatus and still making my way through Endwalker. I’m having a tough time choosing between DRG and RPR to finish the MSQ. I find both their play styles very fun, but very different, obviously. Is there any reason to level one or the other for end game play?
As far as playstyle goes, I think Reaper is generally much easier to play going into level 90 content. Dragoon has a strict GCD rotation and if you hit the wrong button at any point you start doing a lot less damage. Reaper is much more forgiving where if you miss a button here or there, it doesn't hurt you so much. IMO go Reaper first, then after you're more experienced you can revisit Dragoon. They share the same gear other than weapon so it's not too hard of a switch.

Of course, if you do find Dragoon more enjoyable then go for that. Playing what you like is the most important thing.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Dragoon you also have to deal with targeting another player to use dragon sight effectively which can be a real pita, even with macros.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Every job is 100% viable in end game stuff, play whatever you want

cries in blu

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Countblanc posted:

cries in blu

Blu is only available in 50% of content but keeps up the average by being 200% viable

Level 80 blu yoship please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Countblanc posted:

cries in blu

BLU isn't a real Job, though.

It's the best Job.