Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Got my kids Mets Opening Day seats right behind home plate. They're over the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Merry Christmas to all except Yankees and Mets fans

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

FlamingLiberal posted:

:emptyquote:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hope Santa brings your team trades

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

I hope Santa brings your team trades

I hope Santa brings the Cubs a power bat.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

merry christmas to all baseball fans including mets and yankees fans

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mustached Demon posted:

I hope Santa brings the Cubs a power bat.

The Duke of Dingers is on his way

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

matt stairs is coming out of retirement

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/UpstateNYY_315/status/1606684316435718145?t=7G8rSQwny8GILUnlfm6r8w&s=19

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

🫡

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Merry Christmas to the 2022 World Series Champion Houston Astros and all of their wonderful fans and no one else!

And of course, for the post above, Merry Christmas to our staff ace, Framber Valdez

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The big name free agents are all taken already, so we don't get a fun saying like "All I want for Christmas is Yu"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I have a feeling he's gonna get Keucheled since he doesn't hit FA until his age 31 season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Merry Christmas to all including the haters and stupid jerks because that’s what Christmas is. Charity and kindness shown to all even those who wouldn’t give it back to you.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm confident he can keep up those levels of drip in the out years of his contract

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

merry frambsmas

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I can't participate in well wishes and regaling because John Fisher cancelled Christmas for the Athletics and their fans due to "necessary cost cutting measures because I'm very poor as a billionaire team owner" :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Happy Hanukkah to only Yankees fans.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Almost feels like my wife is trolling me, but I still like it. I'm a sucker for the trident logo, I guess.

Also finally got a low profile M's hat that immediately looks and feels better on my melon rear end 7 3/4 head.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Popete posted:

It sounds like he did this TOO a fan?? (also pro baseball name)
- 1938, Manager Burleigh Grimes "Fan interference call (Covered face with handkerchief)"

-Having the Vapors

Tony Phillips posted:

Almost feels like my wife is trolling me, but I still like it. I'm a sucker for the trident logo, I guess.

Also finally got a low profile M's hat that immediately looks and feels better on my melon rear end 7 3/4 head.

Trident logo is always a good shout

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

not the NFL GDT

Might as well try for content. Fanatics is having a big sale today, but it's making me curse their historic stuff. I'd buy so much vintage MLB designs and gear, but they're never on sale and so much of it is stupid stuff, like a vintage logo on a gaming chair or something.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 25, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I will wish a Not Merry Christmas to Marlins ownership, who have yet to sign a single MLB FA and now there's basically nothing left on the market

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Happy Hannukah to Max Fried... happy half a Hannukah to Paul Goldschmidt? I don't remember who else?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Happy Hannukah to Max Fried... happy half a Hannukah to Paul Goldschmidt? I don't remember who else?

Hall of Famer Rod Carew

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

Hall of Famer Rod Carew

He converted!

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Wonder if the Twins are going to pay his salary, those are way better prospects than I was expecting to be mentioned in regards to Kepler. And at this point, they should take on money wherever they can tbh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm at my parents house, and my mother said she was making 'ranger cookies'. My dad asked 'what are ranger cookies?' and I replied that they're cookies that get one strike away from winning a World Series.

My father, a Texas Rangers fan since 1972, was not impressed.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Edward Mass posted:

I'm at my parents house, and my mother said she was making 'ranger cookies'. My dad asked 'what are ranger cookies?' and I replied that they're cookies that get one strike away from winning a World Series.

We don't frequently self-identify, but we do exist. :unsmith:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

davecrazy posted:

Got my kids Mets Opening Day seats right behind home plate. They're over the moon.

owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

memes are frowned on so pretend I posted Nathan Explosion saying "brutal"

I was actually rooting for the Rangers to win it that year despite now being in the same division

Rivalries hadn't quite budded yet I guess and didn't until 2016 when there was an actual division race between the two that the Astros fell short in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Since 1972? Jesus christ.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

this stinks and i don't like it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

happy hanukkah to the following beautiful boichiks:

Alex Bregman, Scott Effross (I have no idea how it was possible that the Cubs had a Jewish player that I didn't know about, a shanda!), Dean Kremer, Eli Morgan, Kevin Pillar, Garrett Stubbs, Rowdy Fuckin' Tellez, Sort Of Joc Pederson, Zack Weiss, and Richard Bleier.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

R.D. Mangles posted:

happy hanukkah to the following beautiful boichiks:

Alex Bregman, Scott Effross (I have no idea how it was possible that the Cubs had a Jewish player that I didn't know about, a shanda!), Dean Kremer, Eli Morgan, Kevin Pillar, Garrett Stubbs, Rowdy Fuckin' Tellez, Sort Of Joc Pederson, Zack Weiss, and Richard Bleier.

This man loves Alex Bregman, the 3rd greatest Jewish baseball player in history.

We welcome you into our ranks friend - always remember the key tenant of our faith - Jose never cheated.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I totally agree. I think it's much funnier if the Yankees expect to play Stanton regularly in the outfield next year, and not have even 30-40 games of Kepler before the inevitable injuries hit.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

zoux posted:

Since 1972? Jesus christ.

My dad is more than 50 years old, yes.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Happy Birthday Rickey Henderson

Ricky Henderson is appreciative of these sentiments on this day of Ricky Henderson's birthday.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

My dad is more than 50 years old, yes.

I think it was more of a comment on watching that much Rangers baseball without giving up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

I mean the source is a random guy's twitter account with like 600 followers who links to a YouTube channel on their bio with 6 subscribers. I hate how anyone can get a twitter checkmark now.