Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ihatepants posted:

I mean the source is a random guy's twitter account with like 600 followers who links to a YouTube channel on their bio with 6 subscribers. I hate how anyone can get a twitter checkmark now.

Yeah but it strikes me as something Cashman would do as they running out of other options for LF....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but it strikes me as something Cashman would do as they running out of other options for LF....

".... And that's why we think Hicks deserves a chance as a Veteran to prove himself in Left..."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

My dad is more than 50 years old, yes.

Me, around 2040: oh I remember Ryan Braun. gently caress that guy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

".... And that's why we think Hicks deserves a chance as a Veteran to prove himself in Left..."

I don't think they are gonna do that but who knows.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is this worse than Hawk Harrelson's book?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Derek Jeter's major league debut is closer to the date of the moon landing than to today.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Derek Jeter's major league debut is closer to the date of the moon landing than to today.

Why you gotta be like that man

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The chill engulfed the field at the Under Armour Performance Building. That's where Joe had an office. Well, at least, that's where he had his bottle and his .45. The chill didn't get any better when the dame walked in. Frostier than any snowman you'd hear about in that song on the radio.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Did an editor even look at this?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The dankest of all mornings.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cubs winning in 2016 was a loving miracle lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Four toughs surrounded Joe. They didn't like him talking about the Five Levels of Winning. They didn't like him putting it on a t-shirt. One of them, the biggest, ugliest son-of-a-bitch Joe had ever seen, decided to engage in some repartee about it with Joe by putting together a few hypotheses with his knuckles. The others added some addenda and marginal notes with some kicks to the ribcage. But Joe had been ready for this kind of debate and he made a few ripostes with his fungo bat, really driving his point into one of the toughs' skull. "Attitude is a skill. That's something you can learn on the baseball field... or the boardroom," Joe said.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think I saw something called Dank Arizona Morning at the dispensary

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Was this written after he got the mohawk

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FlamingLiberal posted:

Was this written after he got the mohawk

It was written BY the mohawk.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Four toughs surrounded Joe. They didn't like him talking about the Five Levels of Winning. They didn't like him putting it on a t-shirt. One of them, the biggest, ugliest son-of-a-bitch Joe had ever seen, decided to engage in some repartee about it with Joe by putting together a few hypotheses with his knuckles. The others added some addenda and marginal notes with some kicks to the ribcage. But Joe had been ready for this kind of debate and he made a few ripostes with his fungo bat, really driving his point into one of the toughs' skull. "Attitude is a skill. That's something you can learn on the baseball field... or the boardroom," Joe said.

I love this.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

We were somewhere around Mesa, on the edge of the Under Armor Performance Center, when the Nugenix began to take hold.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

We were somewhere around Mesa, on the edge of the Under Armor Performance Center, when the Nugenix began to take hold.

Strange memories on this nervous night in Mesa. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. Chicago in the middle sixteens was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or dingers or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty innings — or very early starts — when I left South Shore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big RV across the Skyway Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Try Not To Suck t-shirt . . . booming through the Jane Byrne Interchange at the lights of Lake View and Northalsted and Wriggleyville, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the green dyed river, then up the Gold Coast or down 90 to Hyde Park or Gary. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Cardinals and Cleveland. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Schaumburg and look South East, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see Kyle Schwarbers ball that broke the Budweiser sign.

Popete fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 27, 2022

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

Strange memories on this nervous night in Mesa. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. Chicago in the middle sixteens was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or dingers or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty innings — or very early starts — when I left South Shore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big RV across the Skyway Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Try Not To Suck t-shirt . . . booming through the Jane Byrne Interchange at the lights of Lake View and Northalsted and Wriggleyville, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the green dyed river, then up the Gold Coast or down 90 to Hyde Park or Gary. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Cardinals and Cleveland. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Schaumburg and look South East, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see Kyle Schwarbers ball that broke the Budweiser sign.

lol

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
There was only one road back to Cooperstown - U.S. Interstate 90. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Cleveland and Erie and Hornell. Then onto the 28 Freeway, and straight on into frantic oblivion. Steroids. Immortality.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Popete posted:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

The Cubs winning in 2016 was a loving miracle lol

This loving goofball got the Cubs to believe his bullshit long enough to win their first championship in 108 years and I am forever grateful for it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Latest update on everyone's favorite prima donna shortstop Carlos "Don't call me Mr. Glass" Correa.
Three other teams have come calling and they're putting on odds of Carlos being a Met at 55/45 lol. Apparently Correa is not budging at all on length or financial terms.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1607715767314939904?s=20&t=Ryh2RLeBt479W3UKUE9wjw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There are good FA's available every year. The Mets don't need to sign an rear end in a top hat with a bad injury history in order to be a good team.....

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Really late but the only good side of this is that surely I would no longer get pushback for saying Ben Cherington does not deserve to live

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

Really late but the only good side of this is that surely I would no longer get pushback for saying Ben Cherington does not deserve to live

I'm like 90% sure that tweet was a joke

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I'm like 90% sure that tweet was a joke

It doesn't seem to be a parody/joke twitter account if you look at its history. Pretty lame attempt at a joke at Pirates fans expense.

It's just a rumor mill so take it with a grain of salt much like everything else.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
That account has been all over my feed this winter and I don't think it's been correct about anything that wasn't already broken by an actual verified reporter.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1607801168520007681?s=46&t=kGKrREPBjNhKI1QpJ_uZFw

Passan already preparing his obituary for the other four 2023 NL Central teams

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I didn't realize Rich Hill had become the modern Jamie Moyer

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
In mostly inconsequential news, the Braves resigned Gen. Jackson Stephens for mopup work

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hill is a fantastic slow junk guy who I think has really benefited from the whole "just throw your best pitch even if it's not your FB" revolution since his curve is nasty.

Look forward to him just absolutely clowning on Cubs hitting many times next year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I got the 2022 World Series on Blu-ray for Christmas, and I'd be lying if it didn't feel like October was 10 months ago.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

elentar posted:

In mostly inconsequential news, the Braves resigned Gen. Jackson Stephens for mopup work

roll tide

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Sydin posted:

Hill is a fantastic slow junk guy who I think has really benefited from the whole "just throw your best pitch even if it's not your FB" revolution since his curve is nasty.

Look forward to him just absolutely clowning on Cubs hitting many times next year.

Thanks, I saw 43 year old pitcher and rolled my eyes, but this sounds entertaining at least

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Edward Mass posted:

I got the 2022 World Series on Blu-ray for Christmas, and I'd be lying if it didn't feel like October was 10 months ago.

wasted your money, not as good as the year before

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If Greinke isn't signed Rich Hill will be the last MVP '05 Guy standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

R.D. Mangles posted:

If Greinke isn't signed Rich Hill will be the last MVP '05 Guy standing.

Did Bartolo give up on the comeback?