Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm sorry that Keefe is doing this to your #6 in save % and #2 in GAA goaltending duo (which lol who saw that coming, Dubas is a genius again!!!)

Now let me go look at Jack Campbell's numbers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m not trying to say Keefe is getting too cute or anything like that, it’s more the implication that Murray is somehow hurt again and that Samsonov is showing cracks in an almost exact mirror to Campbell’s downfall last year

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I hope Trouba brains ovechkin tonight

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

I’m not trying to say Keefe is getting too cute or anything like that, it’s more the implication that Murray is somehow hurt again and that Samsonov is showing cracks in an almost exact mirror to Campbell’s downfall last year

The point of load management is that you do it before they're injured and it's been what we've been wanting the Leafs to do for like five years at this point.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

The point of load management is that you do it before they're injured and it's been what we've been wanting the Leafs to do for like five years at this point.

The weird part is that there is no load, though, Samsonov started the last game before the Christmas break. Murray needing more time implies something a little more than rest is going on.

Which is fine, at no point did I say that Keefe shouldn’t be resting him if he needs it and I don’t know why multiple people now have taken it that way, but the knock on these goalies was that Murray’s never healthy and Samsonov is spotty and I can’t help but notice these things in that context.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Jamwad Hilder posted:

4' of snow is absolutely insane, goddamn
The southern suburbs got 6' of snow just a month ago. As crazy as it sounds 4' isn't that big of a deal.

The problem was Cat1 hurricane force winds combined with the 4' of snow all in a 36 hour window.

On Friday I drove to the end of my street to get some last minute supplies from Rite Aid and the white outs were so bad I couldn't see the end of my own car hood. And that was after only an inch or 2 of snow had fallen.

I don't think I-90 or any of the other highways were closed for more than 24 hours after the 2014 Snowvember event with it's 7' of snow. Where as with this blizzard everything has been shut down since Friday, we're at 72-96 hours with all of the major highways still closed, the airport is still closed.

Like we're used to lots of snow and bad weather, but this is wild even for us.

This is the apartment complex neighboring where a lot of the Sabres players have waterfront Condo's in downtown Buffalo. Storm surge flooding on top of everything else.

https://twitter.com/kristen_mirand/status/1606699905677897729?s=20&t=mGjhwk1UFMpHWMvxKI72zg

Some guys thread on what he did to try to survive without power. And a good picture at the end of cars stranded.
https://twitter.com/Nick_Bunda/status/1607095614608924674?s=20&t=ERNyNeExqo-mo8WublMa2w

https://twitter.com/wx_MikeDoyle/status/1606387891369873413

https://twitter.com/meganranney/status/1607235714617409536?s=20&t=rZ0A_H8YfLQ-plMkiPXS3Q

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've seen some big snows in my time but being so bad that people had to abandon their cars in the streets is a new one.

99% of stuck cars I've seen were twits that stuffed it into a ditch/berm or tried to ram through a massive drift.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The County Executive said it will likely take two more days to remove all the snow from side streets in Buffalo, because they have to haul it away in dump trucks. That means the driving ban in the city will likely stay in place, so I would expect that the Sabres/Red Wings game Thursday night will also be postponed. I also think it would be lovely to have them play if they haven’t been able to practice for nearly a week due to the weather. The airport should open tomorrow, so I think they will be good to play in Boston on Saturday. Hopefully they’ll be energized by the rest and not totally rusty and discombobulated from the long break.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Marino and Graves week to week. Let's hope NJ gets some wins...

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

he must protect the record of True Ranger Wayne Gretzky

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

Marino and Graves week to week. Let's hope NJ gets some wins...

Palat practicing !

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol Rangers, our whole team is injured too.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps look like a playoff team even with half the team injured. Real goaltending continues to be nice too.

Levitate posted:

Eat shutout nerd

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers weren’t great tonight but the reffing was absolute poo poo.

https://twitter.com/RangersMSGN/status/1607922210521456641

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers weren’t great tonight but the reffing was absolute poo poo.

https://twitter.com/RangersMSGN/status/1607922210521456641

Yeah maybe that power play would’ve been the one they scored on instead of the five others.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens dogshit garbage. Blah blah Dumo and the 3rd line are disasters Jarry barely stops anything in the first 60 seconds of a game.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
They really should have moved on from Dumo's corpse by now but I guess he's buddies with Crosby/Letang or whatever.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
TJ Brodie had a penalty shot in OT for the Leafs today. It went about as well as you'd expect for a TJ Brodie penalty shot.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah maybe that power play would’ve been the one they scored on instead of the five others.

Yes. Maybe!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens dogshit garbage. Blah blah Dumo and the 3rd line are disasters Jarry barely stops anything in the first 60 seconds of a game.

Yeah feel like a broken record complaining about the third line and Dumo after every loss. But they really do need to fix one or both of those things because on nights when the rest of the team isn't going it gets ugly

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

TJ Brodie had a penalty shot in OT for the Leafs today. It went about as well as you'd expect for a TJ Brodie penalty shot.

It is absolutely insane that starting Kampf-Brodie-Liljegren has resulted in two overtime victories so far after a string of pathetic losses.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also the Flames absolutely caved the Oilers in most metrics but the good and cool one (goals). But also I'm not sure having Lucic as the 6th man with the goaler pulled is the best way to score. I dunno, I'm not a coach.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Capitals kick rear end. Extend Lavi! Please don’t look at my post history!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it sucks that the Bruins lost to Ottawa of all teams but Talbot had like 50 saves so I guess he earned it for them

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

it sucks that the Bruins lost to Ottawa of all teams but Talbot had like 50 saves so I guess he earned it for them

Well, they weren't at home

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Bo horvat maintaining his completely sustainable 60+ goals / 90+ point pace

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

aejix posted:

Bo horvat maintaining his completely sustainable 60+ goals / 90+ point pace

He is 5 off his career best of 31 goals 34 games into the season. Someone is going to pay him so much money in the offseason and then realize he's just a 25-30 goal guy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

He is 5 off his career best of 31 goals 34 games into the season. Someone is going to pay him so much money in the offseason and then realize he's just a 25-30 goal guy.

Bo-5-0 as those in the future come to know him will go on to score 50 goals a season for the next decade proving once again that it is the canucks' fault always and forever when a player can not thrive

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

ThinkTank posted:

He's the next Jeff Skinner.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Eric the Mauve posted:

They really should have moved on from Dumo's corpse by now but I guess he's buddies with Crosby/Letang or whatever.
Big Rob Scuderi vibes with Dumo; hopefully same result happens in dealing with him

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/billmeltzer/status/1608124276854464521?s=46&t=dmR0r7oLXydX3nD84F9flA

lol wtf is going on with the Flyers medical staff?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps are now the only team in the league with two goalies with 10 or more wins each. What a change from last year.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

achillesforever6 posted:

Big Rob Scuderi vibes with Dumo; hopefully same result happens in dealing with him

drat who was it that turned into a decent player after the Pens got him for Scuderi?

It was a voodoo trade

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Cartoon Man posted:

The Caps are now the only team in the league with two goalies with 10 or more wins each. What a change from last year.

Is it weird that both of those goalies from last year have more than 10 wins?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Krime posted:

drat who was it that turned into a decent player after the Pens got him for Scuderi?

It was a voodoo trade

Trevor Daley. That trade was amazing given how it worked out for the Pens.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

They must hire from the same school the Pens get their doctors from

e: Pens finally called up Ty Smith. I assume they intend to actually play him because if they wanted to just sit him in the press box they'd bring Friedman up instead:

https://twitter.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1608155464918876160?s=20&t=ehAiRF-Dmvm6wqDXtIDaZw

Though I guess Ruhwedel got hurt yesterday so they do need another body

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 28, 2022

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Every time one of them makes an incredible save I cry on the inside at how good it feels. Or when the defense decides to randomly poo poo themselves and the other team have a 2 on 0 and I go "hey, this isn't guaranteed to be a goal!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1608188731185590280

That's a legit fantastic design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

.Spec posted:

Trevor Daley. That trade was amazing given how it worked out for the Pens.

Daley kicked rear end with the Stars