Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Wish that wouldn't have leaked tbh but he had to make an aggressive pitch or Von might not have gone there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He's not wrong.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Breaking: Tsh Ch-Ch-Tsh Ch-Ch-Tsh Ch-Ch-Tsh

https://www.theonion.com/breaking-tsh-ch-ch-tsh-ch-ch-tsh-ch-ch-tsh-1849631187

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1608140067431714819

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He's gotta retire.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Spoiler: he won’t retire

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

have to wonder how many concussions the average football player suffers during their career, from youth to whenever their end.

obviously most of them go undiagnosed, but i feel like, on average, each and every player suffers at least one or two. tua seems to suffer a far more severe case of them when he gets them. completely debilitating for him, and yea, i hope he retires soon.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Severity is probably the main thing here, but yeah, NFL players suffer... a lot of them.

Just most don't suffer one, then a week later get hit so hard they t-rex on the field until taken off via an ambulance.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1608147865943085056

After investigation, the NFL clears itself of any wrongdoing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

gonna pin it on the one doctor again

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

abelwingnut posted:

have to wonder how many concussions the average football player suffers during their career, from youth to whenever their end.

obviously most of them go undiagnosed, but i feel like, on average, each and every player suffers at least one or two. tua seems to suffer a far more severe case of them when he gets them. completely debilitating for him, and yea, i hope he retires soon.

This study of 40 retired players said they averaged 8.1-

https://www.aan.com/PressRoom/Home/PressRelease/1453

It's from 2016, so we can assume the diagnosis is a little bit better. I don't think most of them get diagnosed one way or the other. Brett Favre claims he had thousands of concussions, but I don't know how you'd tell the difference with him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1608147865943085056

After investigation, the NFL clears itself of any wrongdoing.

It’s the NFLPA, not the NFL.

But I’m not sure what they’re investigating unless it’s why the definitely real and existing ATC spotter didn’t pull him.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kinda feel the NFLPA or the league itself needs to do some sort of forced retirement for cases like Tuas. You get 3 concussions in a season? Donezo. I mean, any player under that situation should do it on their own but players want to play and sometimes you have to save a person from themself. It would be very unpopular but I bet those players would be happy about it later on in life.

I hope Tua never takes another snap and finds some other joy in his life.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That would extremely incentivize players to hide their symptoms.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My body, my choice.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

That would extremely incentivize players to hide their symptoms.

Yup.

Tua reported his concussion symptoms this time which is how he ended up in the protocol. No way that happens if he thinks it’s the end of his career.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Harry Privates posted:

Hard to watch knowing this lady was mad at Kap for not standing for the flag.

Weekly NFL humor is apparently regurgitating the same 5 jokes made on the internet between games and having questionable political opinions

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Wish this would’ve come out right after Miami beat Buffalo and Tua comforted Josh.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1608178542977613827?s=20&t=aQfuso7BnHoq3fw99EDRiQ

Huh? Okay then...

Also at work on Sunday watching the NFL games when Tua got tackled where his head bounced off the ground everyone in the studio saw the fall. I said "why isn't the ATC Spotter doing their job?" Just a real loving bad job done by EVERYONE again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So a Carr release and Mac Jones to the Raiders in the off-season seems like a decent possibility.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How soon before David Carr calls Derek the best third string QB in the league

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I know Carr's not been the best but Jarrett Stidham is clearly not the answer.

I'll laugh if McDaniels scares off Carr. You know, unless it's all a ploy to get Carr (and Adams) to join the Patriots...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Other than getting a boatload of cash, the move to the Raiders has been an utter disaster for Davante Adams. he went there to play with his buddy Carr and the team sucks and carr gets shipped out after 1 year lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

Other than getting a boatload of cash, the move to the Raiders has been an utter disaster for Davante Adams. he went there to play with his buddy Carr and the team sucks and carr gets shipped out after 1 year lol

Not only that, Adams bailed on Green Bay in large part because he didn't see any QB stability in Green Bay in the near term. Whoopsie doodle!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I scoffed at anyone who speculated about the Raiders moving on from Carr this offseason because they just invested a ton of resources into a a star WR who very badly wanted to play with Derek Carr specifically. Whoops!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I guess the raiders are gonna tank in 2023?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Putin may have turned his stolen Super Bowl 39 ring into the One Ring

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1607955900005863424?t=txPLCLU6l9mDz-1-H3DJDA&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe they just want to ensure the best draft pick possible in these final games with nothing to play for, and to see if stidham can be a good #2, and the whole team decided on it together while praying

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or maybe it's this

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1608144933520826368

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Yeah, gently caress the Raiders. Entire organization is a trash heap.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a family decision while praying together

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

Or maybe it's this
Of course it it. They’re planning on releasing him and they don’t need that plan to get hosed by an injury.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the following qb will likely be starting this week:

colt mccoy
desmond ridder
sam darnold
baker mayfield
andy dalton
brock purdy
davis mills
nick foles
jarrett stidham
malik willis
teddy bridgewater

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Of course it it. They’re planning on releasing him and they don’t need that plan to get hosed by an injury.

Well, look at who they're playing. Do you want Derek Carr running for his life away from Nick Bosa?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are three stud qbs on that list all grouped together. they're huddled up and wondering what they're doing on a "hehe" list like that. but they'll make it through.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1608183399516180480?t=2bNRf8o19qp6ftrF4CG9YQ&s=19

My thoughts exactly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Carr is throwing a ton of picks, the absolute worst thing a QB can do. So let’s not pretend he’s being only mediocre

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, there are definitely more gradations than elite and terrible. like, you have two primary groups: above average and below average. in the above average group, i'd say you have two subgroups: very good and serviceable. very good consists of the obvious ones: allen, mahomes, burrow, hurts, et al. these guys can singlehandedly win you games. then, serviceable: rodgers, garoppolo, jones, cousins, et al. they don't win you games ouright, but they don't lose you games.

then in the below average group, you have an upper group that isn't outright killing you, but not helping and usually get picked up by the supporting cast: carr, goff, tannehill, brady, et al. then there's just a massive bottom tier that prevents you from winning: foles, darnold, wilson, et al.

at least that's how i see it.