Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

surf rock posted:

Nine starting quarterbacks who have been largely or entirely healthy and performing well enough to remain the starter over the course of the season. Nine. What the gently caress?

Arguably 10, the Niners lost their starter and their backup, who was their previous starter.

And then magic happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol they kicked carr off the team. Can they release him and the Jets can sign him for the Dolphins game next week?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/theathletic/status/1608241282085978112?s=46&t=oeR-RljGr8vLbPqor50XNw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The chances are well under 50% that the raiders will have a better QB than Derek Carr in the next 5 years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

The chances are well under 50% that the raiders will have a better QB than Derek Carr in the next 5 years.

?

Just draft one

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

?

Just draft one

How many QBs drafted in the last 5 drafts are better than Carr? Well under 50% of them.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm sure there's a real, Football Business reason for this, but I choose to believe that after being benched Derek was sitting in the back of team meetings trying to get pencils to stick in the ceiling tiles.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I love that framing. Yep, that's why Carr has cleaned out his locker and won't be around the team for the final two weeks. He'd just distract people too much!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's not like the raiders have won poo poo in the last 25 years that they can cavalierly just shitcan a top half of the league QB lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

How many QBs drafted in the last 5 drafts are better than Carr? Well under 50% of them.

Draft the right one.

That's how this works right?

I am being facetious since the Chargers have had every problem except QB play for the last two decades

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm sure there's a real, Football Business reason for this, but I choose to believe that after being benched Derek was sitting in the back of team meetings trying to get pencils to stick in the ceiling tiles.

There's no football business reason; Carr just doesn't want to be there. He's been the face of the franchise for nearly a decade and a Belichick disciple dipshit and Bucky Larson rear end owner just decided to unceremoniously dump him in a particularly clunky, quasi-humiliating way.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it’s very raiders to spend all that money on davante adams specifically for his history with carr only to shitcan carr

i’m sure adams will be great the next few years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pmchem posted:

it’s very raiders to spend all that money on davante adams specifically for his history with carr only to shitcan carr

i’m sure adams will be great the next few years

Andre Johnson made a career out of this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol McDaniels running another pretty good QB out of town

Can't wait to see him replace Carr with... let's go with Streveler

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

McDaniels will go after Brady if he doesn't walk away. It's where he wanted to originally go and he can continue grifting everything under the sun x100

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The spicier theory is that he's trading for Mac Jones.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

The spicier theory is that he's trading for Mac Jones.

Maybe he wants a slightly used Zach Wilson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What’s Hoyer doing these days?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Garoppolo is gonna be available.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
How the gently caress is Joshy McD getting away with this again lmfao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

He’s on IR but was actually the Pats backup QB this year. He just instantly got injured when he came in for Mac, opening the door for Zappe Time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am a moron posted:

How the gently caress is Joshy McD getting away with this again lmfao

well his team owner's a dumbfuck for one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Raiders gonna take Richardson.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cNrvLR8E5w

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Codependent Poster posted:

lol McDaniels running another pretty good QB out of town

Yeah I guarantee he said something to piss Carr off hence all of... this

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Longer piece from Vic Tafur: https://theathletic.com/4041696/2022/12/28/derek-carr-benched-raiders-mark-davis/?source=user_shared_article

tl;dr: Mostly just says Mark Davis has wanted to get rid of Carr for a while. Gruden was initially lukewarm on Carr but Carr won him over. McDaniels made the decision to keep Carr when he was hired but became agitated when Carr would throw his offense under the bus. Tafur still believes, though, the decision was Davis's and not McDaniels's.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

Longer piece from Vic Tafur: https://theathletic.com/4041696/2022/12/28/derek-carr-benched-raiders-mark-davis/?source=user_shared_article

tl;dr: Mostly just says Mark Davis has wanted to get rid of Carr for a while. Gruden was initially lukewarm on Carr but Carr won him over. McDaniels made the decision to keep Carr when he was hired but became agitated when Carr would throw his offense under the bus. Tafur still believes, though, the decision was Davis's and not McDaniels's.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1488288510637342721?t=j7ZYDGCeaNEVM5TXaxikuw&s=19
This was in January and didn't feel like an accident then and doesn't feel like one now

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it'll take an absolute miracle for the Raider's QB situation to not become a multi-year disaster left up to the wisdom of Davis/McDaniels

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"Why aren't the Rams or Chargers on that list?" -LA sports fans

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Garoppolo is gonna be available.

Jimmy doesn't deserve that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh poo poo. The Raiders are going to offer Geno $50m/season aren't they.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lifespan posted:

That or Danny Dimes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Raiders are still in a much better spot than Denver lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

Tom Brady is a free agent after this season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Broncos QB situation is still easily the most hosed one until 2026. Nowhere else has someone they'll a) definitely still be paying till then and b) probably still have till then because they're even more hosed financially if they try getting rid of him before then

Packers is closest but at least their QB is still able to win games right now
https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1564077949242032128?s=20
https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1564079181285261315?s=20

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
You forgot the Browns QB situation, but that's okay because we're all actively cheering for them to faceplant with the rapist at QB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Carr has a no trade clause too. Not sure if this was mentioned here.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1608281015985790977?t=TcDRxqUUg5yAs72-G8XZIA&s=19

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seems like every team knows his deal and know that he will just be cut. Why trade anything?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They're gonna have no choice but to release him and he's gonna make some serious bank in FA.

Lifespan posted:

Seems like every team knows his deal and know that he will just be cut. Why trade anything?
Save cap space.

E: lol nevermind 41m base (after) next year

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

I hope Geno gets paid but I can't imagine the new Raiders HC/GM duo would pass on the chance to draft Their Guy and compete with him on a rookie contract. Going to Stidham is a pretty blatant tank move.

"We need to see what we have in this player that I coached for multiple years and he sucked so bad he was never even in the conversation of starting for the post-Brady Pats"

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 29, 2022