Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

See this? This is BAD. What that means is something in their authentication API has taken a colossal poo poo and is hard down (503 means the server isn't talking back or can't be reached). It can't auth your session token as valid, so when you log in (or are already logged in) it can't see you have a valid session and boots you out the door.

In a proper company this'd be an all-hands-on-deck problem coordinating to isolate the failed service and get it back online. In current Twitter? Elon's probably gonna scream at some H-1B visa coders to fix it until something happens.

This started around 7 EST too, which means it was during regular business hours west coast. Even during the holidays this should have been caught and hopefully resolved immediately.

Extra lol if they pushed a feature or something that caused this during the loving week nobody loving works anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oooh yeah; Someone could've really hosed a push to prod to make this happen. Even-odds it's looking for dev-build URL's and not the live build's.

The dev-build URL are there since the first or second week that Elon took control of twitter and fired like 2/3 of the workforce.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/Pxajf0c.gifv

I found footage of Elon in the server room

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bleusilences posted:

It can also mean that someone fiddled with the code and can't execute whatever instruction it suppose to do, but at this point it means the same thing for the users.
They'd have to be getting real creative since the whole benefit of HTTP as a framework is that you as a webizen running a fancy app don't need to gently caress with basic building blocks like a handshake that would give you a better message than a 503 if that service's server/container was logically available.

Throwing my hat in the pile for poo poo is AWOL cause Elon unplugged the Michael services that served to regenerate this sort of failure and we're seeing delayed software rot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

fired. fired. fired. youre all fired. none of you are full of code

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"We sure did own the libz didn't we Ian Miles Cheong?"
"We sure did Elon, we sure did."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Please don't let us find out that Elon musk is right wing
Because he plays supreme commander

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
twitter went from down every time i f5 to down half the time. elon working late tonight

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

fired. fired. fired. youre all fired. none of you are full of code

BUT ELON I AM BRIMMING WITH CODE WHEN I OPEN MY MOUTH PYTHON POURS OUT. WHEN I SIT ON THE TOILET IT FILLS WITH JAVASCRIPT.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

everyone report to the office immediately for an emergency code review

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Everyone is fired, if you want to be considered for re-hiring print all of your code from the last year and come to Elon's office first thing tomorrow morning! No more Mr. Nice Guy!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

wilderthanmild posted:

BUT ELON I AM BRIMMING WITH CODE WHEN I OPEN MY MOUTH PYTHON POURS OUT. WHEN I SIT ON THE TOILET IT FILLS WITH JAVASCRIPT.

Elon confusing poo poo for javascript would explain so much.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Live from the server room

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Whoever writes me the most lines of code will be rewarded with a 72 hour HARDCORE SHIFT.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Blinded me...with science! First time ever, can't access it online.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Someone is going to work nonstop to try and fix this, only to get fired and get all the blame put on them.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

bobjr posted:

Someone is going to work nonstop to try and fix this, only to get fired and get all the blame put on them.

"You should have accounted for me unplugging servers on Christmas Eve ahead of time"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

bobjr posted:

Yeah it sucks that you know this will be the case. Good employers don’t hang their employees out to dry, and elon is not a good employer.

As mentioned earlier he is definitely taking his frustration over having to buy twitter out on the employees and it is disgusting.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

In a much earlier iteration of this thread, we were placing bets on when Twitter would be gone. My prediction was by the end of the year and :lmao: if that actually end up coming true.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Twitter is on fire but somehow Elon has found the time to follow a delightful person

https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1608195095530012673?s=20&t=RpIPl0oY1yp94T6KDi_YHA

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

bobjr posted:

I mean, they already did, and already got fired. Entire chunks of the SRE team that built all the redundancy and failsafes and staged rollout procedures to prevent problems like this were all summarily fired and ridiculed, only for Twitter to discretely try to rehire them at extra pay, which most refused.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Downside is, Twitter dying hilariously might actually save $TSLA

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Scorchy posted:

puts on bank of america, though

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Elon is feverishly rifling through printed stacks of salient code looking for the fix.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Surely twitter tanks would have to negatively impact tesla

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Scorchy posted:

I mean it'll prevent Elon from posting his stupid takes but I can't imagine him destroying a perfectly functional website in the span of about 2 months makes him look like a competent CEO.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

sweet geek swag posted:

Elon confusing poo poo for javascript would explain so much.

They're hard to tell apart.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I like to think that Greta owned Andrew Tate so hard that the servers are melting from the 2+million likes her post has accumulated so far. The ratio is too powerful

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Jestery posted:

You would think so but you have to remember the market is dumb as gently caress and tech investors are the dumbest of the fuckers

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder if the main thing he's mad about right now is that he personally can't tweet

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham posted:

I wonder if the main thing he's mad about right now is that he personally can't tweet

All hands on deck are ensuring that his (and only his) tweets are going through

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oooh yeah; Someone could've really hosed a push to prod to make this happen. Even-odds it's looking for dev-build URL's and not the live build's.

LMFAO, this is something I never thought I would see outside of my office cubicle, let alone loving Twitter.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Twitter is still loading for me WHY NOT DONE??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Time_pants posted:

Holy poo poo where and how much?

https://lonelykidsclub.com/products/brendan-fraser-tee?variant=40312672682151

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Jestery posted:

That would imply that there were a significant amount of Tesla investors that yesterday thought Musk was a good leader, but don’t think that tomorrow.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

kazil posted:

All hands on deck are ensuring that his (and only his) tweets are going through

Him, his mom, and the one bot that just posts Elon quotes.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
twitter is back, thank you mr musk

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

twitter is back, thank you mr musk

working hard thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Elon is one of those "I take adderal because sleep is inefficient" dorks, right?