Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I love the idea of concerned neighbours checking on a Freeper. They'd be down in the basement making GBS threads themselves and gripping on their rifle as if it were a baby's teddy bear as the colored people knock on their door probably looking for stuff to loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm actually happy about celebrating the new year with my MP 12, I say as all my neighbours have sketchy family turning up but my son won't return my calls

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Freeper posted:

Do they not have neighbors?

Sounds a lot like communism

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Are there Freep threads about the NFL game? Because hooooooo boy, my uncle is Freep AF with these winning Freep comments about MNF last night

quote:

Packing up gear...really...I want reparations now!!!

quote:

quote:

The kid is in critical condition

Still will be once the game is over too

quote:

NFL is Woke

quote:

NFL
Supports BLM
Supports Abortion to the time of Birth
Supports the Griner for a Soviet Arms&Death dealer.
Quit playing to protest criminals of color being prosecuted.
Alot of smoke out there that I'm not buying

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
At some point it's just not worth it. I've told a few people in my life/family "You know what, if that hatred and anger is more important to you than our relationship then fine you can have what you want"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

CHUDs attacking the military and NFL for being 'woke' will never not be funny to me.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Another Bill posted:

CHUDs attacking the military and NFL for being 'woke' will never not be funny to me.
It's even funnier when they combine it with their favorite delusion (that their particular idiosyncratic collections of obsessions and hatreds are shared by 70%+ of the country) and you end up with bold predictions that the NFL's TV numbers are going to crash through the floor and the league will be filing for bankruptcy any moment now because Americans are fed up with all this woke crap!

America will be turning away from pro football in disgust any minute now. Any minute now...

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I don't even know what his point is. He's pissed because the game stopped, and this is all performative bullshit or something? But then he has whispers of deeper conspiracy in some of this poo poo, and it's just like... what? You will be unsurprised to learn he is an anti-vax, Christian fundamentalist who thinks O'Reilly is good middle-of-the-road reporting. Nothing would surprise me less than finding out he's some insane QAnon nutter who is posting some of the more racist screeds on Freep

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Where does freep stand on the House Speaker circus? Are they all in on Gym Jordan?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

mercenarynuker posted:

I don't even know what his point is. He's pissed because the game stopped, and this is all performative bullshit or something?

I still remember in primary school, my gym teacher was telling the class a horrific story about her witnessing a kid getting hit with a thrown bat in little league where she was coaching or was just a parent watching . Her conclusion and tirade was about how much time was wasted because of the injury. We shouldn't throw bats because the game will get delayed. She didn't even know what happened to the seriously injured kid because she was worked up about that delay.

Some people just have no empathy

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 4, 2023

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

mercenarynuker posted:

this is all performative bullshit or something?

98 percent of Freep is performative bullshit. Yes, they are hateful, ignorant, racist scum, but they also do bullshit posts that they don't actually believe all the loving time to make themselves look more pure in their hatred.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Zwabu posted:

Where does freep stand on the House Speaker circus? Are they all in on Gym Jordan?
High Noon [ Speaker Vote LIVE ]

quote:

To: Dr. Franklin

Now they are saying the pledge of allegiance.

How many are more loyal to China?

9 posted on 1/3/2023, 5:05:22 PM by Dr. Franklin ("A republic, if you can keep it." )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

reg date 2015 :lol: just look at that username/post combo.

quote:

To: C210N

MTG backs McCarthy.

11 posted on 01/03/2023 9:07:14 AM PST by McCarthysGhost (q)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Williams

I’m late,
who won?

93 posted on 01/03/2023 10:18:17 AM PST by 1_Rain_Drop ( ~~ TRUMP is right about EVERYTHING ! ~~ )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: 1_Rain_Drop
who won?

No one won yet. And given the pathetic state of Congress (Dems and RINO's), America isn't going to win either.
100 posted on 01/03/2023 10:19:55 AM PST by voicereason (When a bartender can join Congress and become a millionaire...there’s a problem.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 93 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: nfldgirl
There are only two parties now: Patriots Party and the Deep State Cabal Party.

89 posted on 1/3/2023, 6:14:52 PM by C210N (Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Dave911
This is embarrassing.

These idiots are an embarrassment.
90 posted on 1/3/2023, 6:15:12 PM by hcmama
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]

quote:

To: coop71

>Jeffries is Baptist.<

A baby-killing “baptist”.

121 posted on 1/3/2023, 6:27:31 PM by bimboeruption (Trump = The best President since Washington. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

quote:

To: 1Old Pro

Fair enough. I’m pleased with these guys pushing for something better. We need push back and it has to start with our RINO leadership or else there is no push back against Dems. Think of it another way...if McCarthy had sailed to speakership without a single no vote, we’d sit here and say, same ole crap...at least now, there is a fight.

143 posted on 1/3/2023, 6:32:48 PM by Jonny7797
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 130 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Lisbon1940
I can’t believe how many are voting for Jeffries.

Why, he's the Dem leader elect.
115 posted on 1/3/2023, 6:25:28 PM by 1Old Pro
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 111 | View Replies]

quote:

To: 1Old Pro

They vote in lockstep while Republicans have diversity.

154 posted on 01/03/2023 10:35:33 AM PST by Lisbon1940 (I don’t see why they would)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 115 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Lisbon1940

And the Democrat women sound so shrill. Irritating.

157 posted on 01/03/2023 10:37:28 AM PST by Reno89519 (DeSantis or Anyone But Trump in 2024. Time for Trump to Retire, Spend Time With His Family.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 154 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Mathews

If the republicans cannot elect a conservative republican as speaker of the house after the people gave them the majority in the house to take charge from the pelosi democrats.... I will vote for Trump as an independent MAGA party candidate... Screw this wishy washy so called conservatives who cannot work together for WE THE PEOPLE who elected them in spite of crooked elections again in 2022.

169 posted on 1/3/2023, 6:42:11 PM by DOC44 ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 140 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Reno89519
...former governor Huckabee. He seems like a nice guy, someone that could work with everyone—not a ideologue either.

psssst...in case you missed it, we are in a civil war with the DNC/Communist party.

America does NOT need another "nice guy Republican who can work with everyone.

We NEED a wartime leader to save our Constitutional Republic from the ongoing communist coup d'état.
219 posted on 1/3/2023, 7:03:06 PM by newfreep ("There is no race problem...just a problem race")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 199 | View Replies]

quote:

Huckabee is nice, but a squish. We need a badass. Gaetz would work. He takes no money from lobbyists and similar. I want someone who won’t be bought off. McCarthy took millions from FTX.

240 posted on 1/3/2023, 7:11:45 PM by MayflowerMadam (Stupid is supposed to hurt.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 199 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Reily

Amen!!! The Democrats are laughing now. If this goes on, the public clamor will be for the first black man, Jeffries, gain the seat since he has a plurality. This is just sickening!!!

346 posted on 1/3/2023, 8:15:20 PM by EliRoom8
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 343 | View Replies]

quote:

To: EliRoom8
Get a grip, they could go 100 rounds for all it matters and once it is done, it is done. Let it take however long it takes--it is the deals and who folds first, maybe the quiters that just want it over, losers.

No wonder Republicans lose so much when they fold at the first challenge.
359 posted on 1/3/2023, 8:21:20 PM by Reno89519 (DeSantis or Anyone But Trump in 2024. Time for Trump to Retire, Spend Time With His Family.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 346 | View Replies]

quote:

A lot of white flags, and folks who don’t have clue #1 to negotiate something better in here today. So many are afraid to take a chance which is partly why we are in the mess to begin with. Status quo is a thing.

366 posted on 1/3/2023, 8:23:38 PM by Jonny7797
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 359 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mathews

213 solid Rat votes for Hakim.
A lesson in what’s all about for the GOP! It’s POWER!!
We’re too stupid and egomaniacal to pay attention.
The Rats want power first, we want to purity first!
So, when your goal isn’t power, why should you expect to get it.

404 posted on 1/3/2023, 8:59:43 PM by Reily
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 349 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Reily

because for the long term and usually the short term...
Right makes Might...

and those who believe otherwise are not believers in GOD being the ultimate and final arbiter of POWER in heaven and on earth.

“all power is given unto me in both heaven and earth therefor I command YOU... “ quote from some famous person is either true or not...

as the song goes...
“Be still, my soul, thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake
All now mysterious shall be bright at last
Be still, my soul, the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below”

458 posted on 01/03/2023 1:29:53 PM PST by MIA_eccl1212 (When the bad guys have leverage they use it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 404 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: stars & stripes forever

The border would be everything for me if I were voting. They’re just pouring into southern California here, and there’s no end in sight. Come one, come all. A massive invasion.

417 posted on 1/3/2023, 9:05:17 PM by Deo volente ("When we see the image of a baby in the womb, we glimpse the majesty of God's creation." Pres. Trump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 414 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Deo volente

Try being in TX.

They’re pouring in, here, by the thousands, daily.

Trying to turn our RED state BLUE, like your CA.

😡

424 posted on 01/03/2023 1:10:39 PM PST by Jane Long (What we were told was a “conspiracy theory” in 2020 is now fact. 🙏🏻 Ps 33:12 of day. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 417 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Oscar in Batangas

I am REALLY PROUD of these house members first time I have actually SEEN them stand their ground!! GO FREEDOM CAUCUS!!!

450 posted on 1/3/2023, 9:24:42 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 444 | View Replies]

quote:

Investigating the Biden Crime Family is not happening. Continuing investigation of President Trump is a 50-50 possibility. Probably higher. Like about 99-1 odds.

512 posted on 1/3/2023, 10:18:55 PM by sport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Dr. Franklin

At times like this l would love to hear Rush’s take.

530 posted on 1/3/2023, 10:46:35 PM by jonsie

quote:

To: redrhino47
“ What would Rush say... “?

First, Rush would say to not let the left set the narrative. The narrative right now is that this is proof that Republicans can't lead.

Rush might follow that with a recounting of all the times that Republican leaders made promises to their base and then stabbed them in the back once elected. He might then say "Let's give these new guys and gals the chance to figure things out for themselves instead of letting the establishment roll over them."

Finally, he might say that "I doesn't care if it takes five or 10 rounds or more to get it right, just don't let the drive-by media pressure you into thinking you have to get it done in one day. This is too important to begin the new Republican majority by immediately caving to liberal pressure before you're even sworn into office."

-PJ
538 posted on 1/3/2023, 11:07:40 PM by Political Junkie Too ( * LAAP = Left-wing Activist Agitprop Press (formerly known as the MSM))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 533 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Fury

The attitude is Simply this.

The Republicans by and large, hate us here on FR.
The Democrats hate us.
The only way we stand a chance at representation, is either against Democrats in the general or in GOP primaries.
Primaries Mitch and Mccarthy spent loads of FTX money to destroy our candidates.

We need to clean house. If Option A isn’t working, Option B therefore is the next thing to try.

We’re either going to die quickly the way these clowns are taking us, or we make it substantially worse over a short time and have the chance to stop the train wreck. I choose the latter.

543 posted on 1/4/2023, 1:44:46 AM by SPDSHDW (Ya’ll knew he was installed via fraud, and chose to do nothing. Enjoy the roller coaster ride.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 434 | View Replies]

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

It's like the goddamn Crash at Crush over here. Idiots causing a trainwreck just because they thought it would be cool

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I see Freep has leveled up to the even crazier, more dangerous "right makes might" adage.

Not a good syllogism to make. Just goes right into "well if you're mighty, means you must be right".

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

quote:

To: Fury

The attitude is Simply this.

The Republicans by and large, hate us here on FR.
The Democrats hate us.
The only way we stand a chance at representation, is either against Democrats in the general or in GOP primaries.
Primaries Mitch and Mccarthy spent loads of FTX money to destroy our candidates.

We need to clean house. If Option A isn’t working, Option B therefore is the next thing to try.

We’re either going to die quickly the way these clowns are taking us, or we make it substantially worse over a short time and have the chance to stop the train wreck. I choose the latter.

543 posted on 1/4/2023, 1:44:46 AM by SPDSHDW (Ya’ll knew he was installed via fraud, and chose to do nothing. Enjoy the roller coaster ride.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 434 | View Replies]

Everyone hates us. Both the people on our side and our opponents. Therefore we should clean house?

This has big Smithers "no, it is the kids who are wrong" energy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I don't know what I like more, the guys lamenting how humiliating this circus is or the ones actively cheering it on to get at the RINOs. :allears:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't know what I like more, the guys lamenting how humiliating this circus is or the ones actively cheering it on to get at the RINOs. :allears:

I like them both. It's a circus of cannibals and everyone is hungry.

Let Gaetz and Greene and Santos keep eating at the established power bloc, fracturing their donor base and dividing their caucus so they can't get any meaningful resistance to actual progress going. It's about the best we can hope for with these chucklefucks.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
This is one of the dumbest things I've seen in politics since Trump got elected in 2016. Anyone that could possibly win the speaker vote is gonna let these clowns do whatever they want with the Hunter Biden and Twitter files investigation circuses. This literally doesn't matter.

You have Jim Jordan saying he doesn't want to even be speaker, putting up McCarthy's nomination himself, and then these idiots are still voting for him just to make everybody mad.

I will say, though, it's a good strategy for not having to be on any important committees and have a lot of time to do media appearances. They also won't have to fight off any primary challengers. So their reelection is also sewn up early in their R+infinity districts.

The ridiculous incentives kind of do point to this being a smart thing to do. It's very funny to see the majority of the House Freedom Caucus bemoaning this when this is entirely their loving fault for pushing the party to this point.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Trump re-endorses Kevin McCarthy in all caps

Trump is unleashing the power of CAPS LOCK!

quote:

Trump doubles down on RINO McCarthy

1 posted on 01/04/2023 5:08:11 AM PST by Erik Latranyi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

And it pretty much instantly turns into a huge slap fight

quote:

To: central_va

Wait, what? Aren’t you GOPe TDS losers glad Turmp did this? You bootlickers are a confusing lot.

Just like most liberals, you do not understand the conservative mind. You stick with RINO Trump and McCarthy while we fight for the soul of the GOP.

5 posted on 01/04/2023 5:11:06 AM PST by Erik Latranyi (We are being manipulated by forces that most do not see)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Erik Latranyi

"Kevin McCarthy will do a good job."

History indicates otherwise.

But he is going to get the job eventually, so Trump will get to be proven wrong on another miscast person for an important job.

8 posted on 01/04/2023 5:12:37 AM PST by dead (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_vFiUUcBkc)

Hi Kit Cat!

quote:

To: central_va

Trump is WRONG, Trump has been WRONG on his judgement of people surrounding him from the beginning, I LOVE Trump but he is WRONG on this!!

13 posted on 01/04/2023 5:14:13 AM PST by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump,just go away.

16 posted on 01/04/2023 5:15:59 AM PST by KobraKai

:tinfoil:

quote:

Trump is gaslighting the Swamp. He’s really aiming at Pelosi.

Pelosi’s defeat is vital to the MAGA Movement. She can escape to her $50 million mansion in San Francisco, but she can ve summoned back to testify. This war is not close to being over.

Remember Special Scumbag Law Thug Jack Smith will bring criminal charges against Trump.

The key to neuter said law thug is to defeat Pelosi. Pelosi planned J6, she was in on it:

[video link redacted]

McCarthy still has receipts on Pelosi, but he won’t be Speaker.

Steve Scalise will be Speaker.

And Trump will cut a deal with Steve regarding Pelosi

22 posted on 01/04/2023 5:20:39 AM PST by Hostage (Article V)

Have I said how much I love Trump lately?

quote:

I don’t have to agree with everything Trump thinks, in order to still consider him as THE BEST PRESIDENT IN MY LIFETIME (or at least equal to Reagan)

23 posted on 01/04/2023 5:20:41 AM PST by Mr. K (No consequence of repealing obamacare is worse than obamacare its ? And the ambassador to Ukraineelf)

quote:

To: Trump Girl Kit Cat

“Trump is WRONG, Trump has been WRONG on his judgement of people surrounding him from the beginning, I LOVE Trump but he is WRONG on this!!”

Trump is not Deep State. He is an outsider who had advisors who were Deep State and they built his administration for him. He had some control, but for the most part it was the government wonks. Trump didn’t look at things as Conservative or Liberal. He looked at things that were American and in the best interests of America.

39 posted on 01/04/2023 5:34:23 AM PST by EQAndyBuzz (At this point I would rather have the illegals here than the liberals.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

"He's merely incompetent is all."

quote:

To: Trump Girl Kit Cat

“Trump is WRONG, Trump has been WRONG on his judgement of people surrounding him from the beginning, I LOVE Trump but he is WRONG on this!!”

Trump is not Deep State. He is an outsider who had advisors who were Deep State and they built his administration for him. He had some control, but for the most part it was the government wonks. Trump didn’t look at things as Conservative or Liberal. He looked at things that were American and in the best interests of America.

39 posted on 01/04/2023 5:34:23 AM PST by EQAndyBuzz (At this point I would rather have the illegals here than the liberals.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Trust the plan.

quote:

To: Empire_of_Liberty

Trump wants to MAGA.

And the man has walked the lives, fortunes, and sacred honor walk.

That’s all I need to know.

I trust Trump.

If he wants McCarthy, that’s good enough for me.

40 posted on 01/04/2023 5:35:19 AM PST by mewzilla (We wwonder what percentage ofill never restore the republic if we don't first secure the ballot box.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump is trying to make deals with the devil now. He thinks that they will let him run and possibly win if he plays ball. The GOP on the national level is totally in bed with the enemy. Nothing changes with them in charge of what’s left of the republican party as we continue to barrel towards The Great Reset.

44 posted on 01/04/2023 5:39:08 AM PST by McCarthysGhost (q)

quote:

To: sarge83

Trump still has a blind spot for 5th column GOP establishment trash that has undermined him since day one. One of his major weaknesses.

Which is pretty much the whole Republican Party if people take their blinders off.

The word RINO which stands for “Republican in name only” gets thrown around a lot on this forum. Its a common misnomer used by people that don’t understand the reality of the party.

The Republican Party has conservatives in it but isn’t a conservative party.

61 posted on 01/04/2023 5:51:28 AM PST by unclebankster (Globalism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

Don’t care. Trump is wrong. He surrounded himself with snakes in the White House.

80 posted on 01/04/2023 6:06:13 AM PST by tennmountainman ( Less Lindell CONS, More AZ Style Audits)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wait, Trump’s a RINO now to some of them? :sickos:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Such is the fate of all who would champion their ideology. What was once the last hope to save America is now just another Deep State RINO Swamp-Dweller.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

someone that doesn't know how probability works posted:

Investigating the Biden Crime Family is not happening. Continuing investigation of President Trump is a 50-50 possibility. Probably higher. Like about 99-1 odds.

512 posted on 1/3/2023, 10:18:55 PM by sport

As someone who used to work in a bookmakers..... Wtf is this?!?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cactus posted:

As someone who used to work in a bookmakers..... Wtf is this?!?

I had just assumed that people who have no loving clue how probability works would be a big chunk of the market for a bookie. People who are good at calculating odds either don't bet at all or are making targeted bets that aren't actually gambles.

Is that really not the case?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

PS McCarthy lost votes in the most recent round of voting. :lmao:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

God it would be rich if five republicans could be talked into voting for Jeffries out of spite.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Republicans eating poo poo because they catered specifically to freepers is incredibly funny. They can't control the monster they've created and, as one freeper pointed out, the crazies demand "purity" and don't even have a name worth putting forward that wants the job.

Reminds me of that bit they did over one of the many government shutdowns led by Republicans and one of their members said something to the tune of "well we want to get something out of shutting down the government, but I don't know what that is."

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
this poo poo has been a long time coming. even back in the tea party days of 2009 a lot of long time GOP politicians were aghast at what some of their most active constituents were telling them. they were dogs chasing a car, and now that they've caught it they have no idea what to do next

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Scratch Monkey posted:

this poo poo has been a long time coming. even back in the tea party days of 2009 a lot of long time GOP politicians were aghast at what some of their most active constituents were telling them. they were dogs chasing a car, and now that they've caught it they have no idea what to do next

Worse, they caught it and 4 years later a mechanic put it back together and it's back on the road driving around like nothing happened

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I genuinely hope that Trump does what some of these Freepers wants and splits off a third party so he can stop being 'beholden' to RINOs.

It'd be great to get some assured democrat wins from vote splitting.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

I had just assumed that people who have no loving clue how probability works would be a big chunk of the market for a bookie. People who are good at calculating odds either don't bet at all or are making targeted bets that aren't actually gambles.

Is that really not the case?

In my experience, yes. A lot of people who gamble (not the ones that do it once in a while just for a laugh, I'm talking about the regulars that are in almost every day) often seemed to share certain erroneous beliefs around probability. For example: previous results will affect future results "which machine's paid out the least today?" or "I've had a string of losses so I'm due a win," or, the odds dictate how likely it is to win, e.g. "I bet on ten 5/1 bets, on average two of them should have won, why did they all lose?" :qq: (rather than, the odds depend on how in much total has, or is predicted to have gone on, each selection and are calculated to maximise the takings regardless of who wins, and only loosely reflect who is "more likely" to have won). They believe luck is a measurable, tangible quality, trait, or force in the universe that dictates how often or not you will win, rather than a descriptor that is used to describe how likely or unlikely the result that happened to have happened was. Interestingly, it reminded me of how a lot of people misunderstand the concept of evolution because of the language of intent that is constantly used when discussing it, thinking of it as a driving force rather than a way to describe the process that leads to what is left over being all that is left over, after all the other mutations have failed. Attributing causality to a descriptor of an end result. Or something.

The post I quoted was an order of magnitude more nonsensical than any of those though, for reasons too stupid and obvious to not make my brain hurt if I try to analyse it in any deep way (so I won't). I mean it's a Freeper so go figure.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Cactus posted:

In my experience, yes. A lot of people who gamble (not the ones that do it once in a while just for a laugh, I'm talking about the regulars that are in almost every day) often seemed to share certain erroneous beliefs around probability. For example: previous results will affect future results "which machine's paid out the least today?" or "I've had a string of losses so I'm due a win," or, the odds dictate how likely it is to win, e.g. "I bet on ten 5/1 bets, on average two of them should have won, why did they all lose?" :qq: (rather than, the odds depend on how in much total has, or is predicted to have gone on, each selection and are calculated to maximise the takings regardless of who wins, and only loosely reflect who is "more likely" to have won). They believe luck is a measurable, tangible quality, trait, or force in the universe that dictates how often or not you will win, rather than a descriptor that is used to describe how likely or unlikely the result that happened to have happened was. Interestingly, it reminded me of how a lot of people misunderstand the concept of evolution because of the language of intent that is constantly used when discussing it, thinking of it as a driving force rather than a way to describe the process that leads to what is left over being all that is left over, after all the other mutations have failed. Attributing causality to a descriptor of an end result. Or something.

The post I quoted was an order of magnitude more nonsensical than any of those though, for reasons too stupid and obvious to not make my brain hurt if I try to analyse it in any deep way (so I won't). I mean it's a Freeper so go figure.

Yeah I just wanted to see if my hypothesis was correct as a casual math-doer.

Thanks a mill.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I only worked the tills, machines, and ran individual shops; a minimum-wage cog in the machine slowly sucking money out of the local neighborhoods and funneling it up to the 1%, but even from that perspective I could see that it's pretty much impossible to lose over time as a bookmaker if you can be bothered to hire someone to do the sums and constantly adjust the odds to reflect the current totals.

Unless, that is, you're dumb enough to be voted in as the president of the United States of America lmao. Seriously whenever I hear about Trump somehow managing to bankrupt his casinos I can only think "HOW?!?"

...and then I remember how he treated everyone he hired over his four year term and I'm like "oh yeah, that's how."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lord Hydronium posted:

Wait, Trump’s a RINO now to some of them? :sickos:

cannot fail can only be failed etc etc etc

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Dan Crenshaw On The 20 Republicans Who Oppose McCarthy: "We Cannot Let The Terrorists Win."

quote:

To: Enlightened1
He irks me. He could get a prosthetic eye yet he wears the patch. Even a man who loses a leg or arm wears long pants and shoes or long sleeve shirts.
A 'Look at me, I'm drawing attention to myself' generation member.
10 posted on 1/5/2023, 3:27:52 AM by philman_36 (Pride breakfasted with plenty, dined with poverty and supped with infamy. Benjamin Franklin)

quote:

He just called my Congressman Eli Crane a terrorist?

Crane, a former SEAL, needs to take Crenshaw, another former SEAL, out to the parking lot and pummel him.

12 posted on 01/04/2023 7:29:09 PM PST by chrisinoc
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: chrisinoc
He just called my Congressman Eli Crane a terrorist?

Worse. He's really calling all conservatives terrorists.
15 posted on 01/04/2023 7:30:39 PM PST by BookmanTheJanitor
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: BookmanTheJanitor
Worse. He's really calling all conservatives terrorists.

My congressman, Scott Perry, is one of the 20. He’s definitely conservative; with an ACU rating of 100, putting him tied for the #1 ranking with a number of others in the 20. If those in our congressional district are like me, then Perry receives plenty of communications about not voting for McCarthy. Perry is doing this constituent’s bidding. Thus, indirectly Eye-patch is calling me a terrorist. That was my first thought when I read that.
83 posted on 01/04/2023 9:06:41 PM PST by ConservativeInPA (Stupidly is a moral problem, not an intellectual problem. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies ]

quote:

Terrorists?

They’re elected Americans, the same as you.

Friggin’ Alinskyite.

29 posted on 1/5/2023, 3:44:24 AM by Irenic

quote:

To: AnthonySoprano

We are over $31 Trillion I’m debt - and every year they send Trillions to Woke causes and Orgs and payoff Dem constituencies.

McCarthy and Mitch were there the whole time.

Who believes this can continue like this?

————————————————————————————————————

I’ve been told my entire life that we are driving ourselves toward ruin and yet, our debt just keeps climbing, with no real consequence. At this point I’m 49 years old. I’d bet that I’ll be dead and gone and this debt will be sky high with not a drat thing changing.

33 posted on 01/04/2023 7:50:02 PM PST by hillarys cankles
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: hillarys cankles

At some point, 100% of our taxes go to paying the INTEREST on the debt. Our creditors require higher and higher interest rates to induce them to purchase our very risky debt. You get into a death spiral where you cannot raise rates high enough to incentivize the needed investment in the USA.

It WILL implode. It is not sustainable. We are getting close.

It’s ironic because these people bandy “sustainable” around at every opportunity.

67 posted on 01/04/2023 8:27:48 PM PST by ProtectOurFreedom (If you're not part of the solution, you're just scumming up the bottom of the beake)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: ProtectOurFreedom

At some point, 100% of our taxes go to paying the INTEREST on the debt.

But the Fed. Government can can also borrow from the Federal Reserve Bank to pay interest on the debt too. The Fed has never said “no”, and no Fed Chairman would ever be appointed who would say “no”. These contingents have been planned for and taken care of long ago. That affectively means the government only has to worry about inflation. One could add that they also have to worry about devaluing the dollar to the extent that no one would want it, but we are still light years from that scenario. When you have an internationally valued currency, that gives your government a lot of wiggle room to abuse its value. That’s why no one in either party seriously loses sleep at night when they pass huge spending bills over and over again.

80 posted on 01/04/2023 8:53:37 PM PST by Bishop_Malachi (Liberal Socialism - A philosophy which advocates spreading a low standard of living equally.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: hillarys cankles

Debt (at all levels) is crushing us, just slowly. Kids are living with parents longer, not forming families. For families that do form, the wife doing monetized work isn’t so much a choice, but a necessity due to living costs. How’s it going to be for their kids?? Yes it’s not a sudden debt default collapse, and it can go for a long time, heck what history calls the fall of the Roman empire took about 300 years.

81 posted on 01/04/2023 8:53:47 PM PST by teevolt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: patriot torch

One of these days somebody is going to take out Davos when the WEF scum are all there plotting.

48 posted on 01/04/2023 8:03:07 PM PST by WMarshal (Neocons and leftards are the same species of vicious rat)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies ]

quote:

So anyone that disagrees is a terrorist?

That I guess would make Dan a terrorist since I don’t agree with him.

54 posted on 1/5/2023, 4:09:32 AM by cableguymn

quote:

Our government is broken.

93 posted on 1/5/2023, 5:27:23 AM by FlyingEagle

quote:

To: FlyingEagle

Our government is not broken it is CORRUPT beyond repair!!! It has gone WAY PAST the point of no return!!

94 posted on 1/5/2023, 5:29:26 AM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 93 | View Replies]

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

He irks me. He could get a prosthetic eye yet he wears the patch. Even a man who loses a leg or arm wears long pants and shoes or long sleeve shirts.
A 'Look at me, I'm drawing attention to myself' generation member.
10 posted on 1/5/2023, 3:27:52 AM by philman_36 (Pride breakfasted with plenty, dined with poverty and supped with infamy. Benjamin Franklin)

Normally freep posts don't get much of a reaction out of me since I always expect the worst from them, but this comment in particular still managed to infuriate me with its casual contempt for limb-loss as something that should be hidden away so as to not upset other people.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I’ve been told my entire life that we are driving ourselves toward ruin and yet, our debt just keeps climbing, with no real consequence

Soooo close

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No, it's the debt which is wrong.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

...which is why we must privatize social security and abolish the NEA!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Slashrat posted:

Normally freep posts don't get much of a reaction out of me since I always expect the worst from them, but this comment in particular still managed to infuriate me with its casual contempt for limb-loss as something that should be hidden away so as to not upset other people.

It's remarkably consistent with an "I don't mind gays but I don't want to see them flaunting it in public" worldview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
HISTORIC: Matt Gaetz ‘Nominates’ President Trump in the 11th Vote for House Speaker

quote:

To: TigerClaws

I am ashamed to be a Republican....

3 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:05:42 AM by devane617 (Discipline Is Reliable, Motivation Is Fleeting..)

quote:

Not only would Trump be POTUS again, he would be eligible for another full term, giving him ten years as POTUS.

6 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:06:49 AM by samiam5

quote:

To: All

Biden has clearly committed ‘high crimes’ by owning a secret interest in a business with Chinese spies and about another 1000 crimes.

Sure if they dug into Heels Up they’d find she was picked. Remember, the Swamp only advances the corrupt: criminals, closet homosexuals (Tim Kaine, L.Graham), etc. because they can destroy them any time they want.

Soon we’ll see the Uniparty just openly cooperate against patriots to form a ‘coalition government’ - which essentially what we have now. Only the fake opposition T.Gowdy types are given voice. They bark and have no bite.

9 posted on 01/05/2023 5:10:25 PM PST by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

Gaetz is seeking contributions, he probably is going to need it. He sent a text today.

Here what it said, in case you care to donate:

It’s Matt Gaetz. Right now I’m leading the fight on the House floor to elect a true conservative as Speaker of the House.

I’m fighting for you, Jack, and I need you to have my back like never before. Congress won’t change unless courageous conservatives stand up together. I know you have the courage.

Stand with me: libertygift.us/?wpc0105a

stop=end

16 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:17:16 AM by jacknhoo (Luke 12:51; Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but separation.)

quote:

It would be an amazing outcome, Trump to banging in the next Congress... That would be absolutely historic.

The guy they impeached twice comes back to run the joint.

Even better than Elon buying Twitter.

22 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:23:37 AM by Not_Who_U_Think

quote:

So a former Republican President cannot garner more than a few votes from his own party?

Cool.

23 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:23:57 AM by Vermont Lt

quote:

How about Rudy Giuliani? It would be a good gig for him for a couple years. He whipped the Mafia families into shape; he can handle RATs and RINOs.

42 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:40:21 AM by MayflowerMadam (Stupid is supposed to hurt.)

quote:

Maybe the best outcome is no speaker and no functional Congress. Seriously, what could they possibly accomplish? With control of the House, Senate, Presidency and and a conservative Supreme Court they accomplished NOTHING!

The only agenda that will pass Congress is the Democrats agenda. Any investigation they try to run will lead to no action whatsoever. Won’t even get media coverage.

Yes, the best outcome is a totally dysfunctional Congress.
50 posted on 1/6/2023, 1:44:53 AM by sjmjax

quote:

God Bless the Score of Conservative Spartans holding the line at Thermopylae on the Potomac.

Hold the line - flush out the RINOS.

81 posted on 1/6/2023, 2:54:18 AM by LachlanMinnesota

quote:

To: NFHale

Trump could put some order in what is going on.. The Speaker has quite a bit of power.. We are leaderless and it shows. There is no one in charge.. No one chosen and minding the store.
It would make me feel better with an able person..Trump

84 posted on 1/6/2023, 3:48:59 AM by frnewsjunkie

quote:

To: frnewsjunkie

You are not alone in that…

86 posted on 1/6/2023, 4:12:34 AM by NFHale (But IThe Second Amendment - By Any Means Necessary.She was, indeed, a hottie… Rest in peace, Joanne.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]