Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Running this guy as a great unclean one (x-post)

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Does it still get to be called a miniature if it takes 5 passes on a 3d printer to print all of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/24/tis-the-night-before-christmas-and-da-red-gobbos-brought-his-mates

GW's holiday gift is a reveal of the tie-in model to the Gloomspite Gitz battletome, the Squigboss.

And a Goblin star player for Blood Bowl, Scrappa Sorehead.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Gits getting a new hero and a new unit, minimum, is neat.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Since I bought a few squigs recently I almost thought the email was tailored for me...

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/24/tis-the-night-before-christmas-and-da-red-gobbos-brought-his-mates

GW's holiday gift is a reveal of the tie-in model to the Gloomspite Gitz battletome, the Squigboss.

And a Goblin star player for Blood Bowl, Scrappa Sorehead.

hnnnnng

god I need to get started on painting gobbos again

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Squigboss is a mean new Hero for Warhammer Age of Squigmar, a master beasthandler who has survived months or even years wrangling his clan’s squigs.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Some actual Ogors this week with some Ironguts

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

I had to double check it wasn't a Chaos Terminator's head grafted onto that goblin.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/28/whats-in-store-for-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-in-2023/

The preview for what to expect for AOS for the first half of 2023 is filled with hints and teasers. And also a pair of roadmaps:

Looks like we're actually getting at least one new Seraphon model, and possibly Shadow Elves.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 28, 2022

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Someone leaked the whole new GHB in some of the AoS discords. Not posting it here because :filez: but I must say it looks pretty cool and seems like they learned how to do battalions correctly.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

late spring or Summer for a new bony boys book :negative:

the two death books are likely ossiarch and flesh eater courts, since everything else got new books last year or this year

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 28, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I have an odd question about the Sons of Behemat. Are there female Sons of Behemat, or are they a mono-sex race? They're described as following matriarchs, but the strongest Gargant we've seen is King Brodd.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I mean I don't exactly think that they bust out of the ground fully formed or anything, so it's safe to assume there are female Giants as well as male ones.
The rest is just GW being GW.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

I mean I don't exactly think that they bust out of the ground fully formed or anything, so it's safe to assume there are female Giants as well as male ones.

... not gonna lie, if the Gargants are eventually revealed to be actual forces of nature, and every time a Gargant dies, another actually does burst from the ground where Behemat fell, that would be a pretty interesting take on both giants and personifications of natural forces.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

They do have females, but I guess they don't go to battle as much to make them a model... but nothing says you can't do one with a bunch of greenstuff.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Cooked Auto posted:

They are both born and also sometimes they are just generated from the earth. High Fantasy can get weird!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Guesses from that teaser video:

- New Gitz Spider Shaman (fits the unsolved rumor engine)
- New Saurus Guard
- New Cold Ones? Looks like a Skink riding some kind of weird raptor
- New Khorne hero? Looks like he's also holding a gun, which would be kinda off-brand. Maybe a new BoC model instead?
- Slaanesh maybe? Looks kinda Dark Elf-y but adding another faction seems unlikely. Maybe Darkling Coven for Underworlds or something?

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 28, 2022

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The blob thing looks like a Slann to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

- New Saurus Guard
- New Khorne hero? Looks like he's also holding a gun, which would be kinda off-brand. Maybe a new BoC model instead?
- Slaanesh maybe? Looks kinda Dark Elf-y but adding another faction seems unlikely. Maybe Darkling Coven for Underworlds or something?

I thought the first one was a new plastic Slann.

The Khornish one has double axes. The angle makes one axe look like a gun at first, but after it's spun you can see it's an axe. Also agree the last one gives Slaanesh vibes.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 28, 2022

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Talas posted:

They do have females, but I guess they don't go to battle as much to make them a model... but nothing says you can't do one with a bunch of greenstuff.

And thus did Doc Thunder give birth to the first female behemoth.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

- New Saurus Guard

I’m absolutely certain we get Chorfs before 3e is out but I don’t know if it’ll be here and now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Mind you, that teaser is for releases up until summer, so after that there's like 6 months we have no idea what's in store.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Talas posted:

The blob thing looks like a Slann to me.

Ah you're right, I missed the skink in the corner - definitely Seraphon and I think you're right that a Slann makes the most sense.

Since there's still the spider rumor engine that's even better! New Saurus Guard and Skinks would be what finally pushes me over the line to start Seraphon - I love like 30% of their current model range and the other 70% looks like pure rear end, and this would fill that gap nicely.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

:nsa:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

looks like a decent setup for a 40k Inquisitor story :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Greyfax has to go on a trip to a backwater Imperium planet, and they decide the warp storms near the planet where there's some Big Important Relic would damage the shuttles so she takes the teleporter, unfortunately something happens and she ends up on a planet somewhere else.

Greyfax ends up meeting some gobbos, who initially mistake her for one of the Stormcast Eternals, because of her armor, but they make a tentative truce, and the gobbos tell her of their plight. She can't figure a way back to the ship yet, and she's having some issues with her psyker abilities, so she figures she'll go along with it, hoping it'll help her sus out what's going on.

Eventually the story has her start to warm up to the gobbos and she resolves the conflict the gobbos were having, and she goes to return the artifact the gobbos had been trying to retrieve, the artifact suddenly lights up and there's a blinding light everywhere.

The next thing she knows she's on a table looking into a bright light above the table, and cawl (or someone else, some medic maybe) tells her she went down on the planet and found the artifact but she hit her head and doesn't remember anything after the teleporter incident. They tell her there was some spores that probably gave her some temporary amnesia she ran into, because she collapsed and hit her head, and they sent someone down after her.

Later, she looks upon the device and sees a curious marking on it that looks a lot like one of the gobbos she met...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Winklebottom posted:

I tried that prompt in ChatGPT and it told me that "Without more context, it is difficult for me to provide a meaningful response." :negative:

Edit:
:eyepop:
Never mind, we found the limits of AIs right there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Talas posted:

:eyepop:
Never mind, we found the limits of AIs right there.

I am not a robot, I'm just on my meds :abrathink:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Question about the S.O.B.s,. if they're in the destruction faction why does the big guy have khorne symbols? Can you still take them as mercs in any army? If not can you take them in a Chaos/Khorne army?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

War and Pieces posted:

Question about the S.O.B.s,. if they're in the destruction faction why does the big guy have khorne symbols? Can you still take them as mercs in any army? If not can you take them in a Chaos/Khorne army?

The Warstomper has some Khornate symbols cause he stomped on some Khornates and took some of their stuff to decorate himself with, he did the same with some Stormcast and Daughters of Khaine stuff.

A Warstomper can be taken as a mercenary in a Chaos army however.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
He has a Khorne symbol, because he's using the shields of people he's killed (and probably eaten) as armor plates. If you look at pics of the Warstomper Mega-Gargant, you can get a better view without the big hammer across his body. The Khorne symbol is the most prominent and recognizable, but if you look around, you can see other shields from Stormcast, and I think some denomination of elf?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

How about the Gatecrasher? he's halfway to being a Slaaneshi gimp as it is

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

War and Pieces posted:

How about the Gatecrasher? he's halfway to being a Slaaneshi gimp as it is

He’s wearing an executioner hood thing. Gatebreakers can be taken in Death Armies.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Ok so presumably the Kraken Hunter works with Order factions

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Those are all such great models

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

War and Pieces posted:

Ok so presumably the Kraken Hunter works with Order factions

Correct the Kraken Eater teams up with Order. All of them will work with Destruction factions though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

You ever put together a model and immediately want to stop building and start painting but you don't because you're on a roll and you want to finish?

I've never had that feeling before these minis

lookatthetinyguysontheright

When I opened the box and saw him I literally was like OH MY GOD like you would a kitten :perfect:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Its the year of our lord 2023! In the spirit of (and stealing from) the 40K badcast, what's your hobby plans for the year!

I'm gonna repaint my deepkin, and try and get them up to 2000 points at last. I also want some terrain, enough to play small games at my own place if the need arises.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Once I get the bases I ordered in, I'll work on my gitz and bonereapers finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I plan to continue with my Stormcasts, specially the Vanguard Chamber. Hopefully there are some fun lists there with their lower points and the Galletian Champions rules.

And I'll wait to see how the Dawnbringer Crusades are coming to maybe start a new army.