Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Haha fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I did say “ostensibly”

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I just watched the entire thing and while it's 100% true, it is kinda funny coming from a dude who just produced an entire Netflix series with Barack and Michelle tho.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 26, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

I just watched the entire thing and while it's 100% true, it is kinda funny coming from a dude who just produced an entire Netflix series with Barack and Michelle tho.

In Conover’s defense he’s pretty much owned that criticism from the very beginning, and I give him props for addressing that critique head-on and going on peoples’ shows (sometimes creators with way smaller followings whom he reasonably could just ignore) and arguing it out.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

rickiep00h posted:

Seems very much stereotypical North Dakotan, which means he appears very unassuming, nice even, but makes it a very fine point to "not talk politics" (except for fervent nationalism and worship of veterans and police and hanging out with people with Trump poo poo plastered everywhere.)

The whole thing is wrapped up in cisheteronormative patriarchal pandering that makes it really transparent. It's really unfortunatel because he's fairly entertaining (because he reminds me of every domestic car geek I ever knew.)

Source: me--someone that spent their first 27 years in and around Fargo before moving to Chicago because it ain't safe being my queer rear end back home. (And of course Derek moved to somewhere somehow more conservative than ND.)

I get this, OTOH it's always sweet to watch him do road trips with his kids and reminds me of going with my dad to grandma and grandpa's house in his old '60s-'70s trucks. Also he reminds me of a real life Red Green but less ridiculous.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I get this, OTOH it's always sweet to watch him do road trips with his kids and reminds me of going with my dad to grandma and grandpa's house in his old '60s-'70s trucks. Also he reminds me of a real life Red Green but less ridiculous.

Yeah that's really it, though: as long as you're in their correctoy narrow band of "people who matter to me personally," your garden variety plains chud will never seem to be a bigot. Blood relative? Childhood friends? You're probably fine as long as you're not gay. But they will at every step support the politics that favor white Christian cis men above all else, even if they don't talk about it.

Like, I watch his stuff too, because he's probably the most accurate to my experience of growing up wrenching, but I know full well what the other side of that experience is like.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I almost hate to ask, but Allen Millyard? Hes all bikes but hes a brit that owns a dodge pickup and sometimes likes to mention greta thunberg.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Arson Daily posted:

I almost hate to ask, but Allen Millyard? Hes all bikes but hes a brit that owns a dodge pickup and sometimes likes to mention greta thunberg.

no idea but that last one is pretty 👀 and probably a tell

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah think about the type of person who gives enough of a poo poo to talk about her in their YouTube videos and…….welp

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

She has an email address that he can send any and all questions to

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
any time an adult- especially middle aged or older- man decides he needs to make a public statement disparaging a notable climate activist whom until extremely recently was a child it, at minimum, outs him as an rear end in a top hat and a weirdo

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ok Comboomer posted:

any time an adult- especially middle aged or older- man decides he needs to make a public statement disparaging a notable climate activist whom until extremely recently was a child it, at minimum, outs him as an rear end in a top hat and a weirdo

Also just got arrested for human trafficking.

I had almost never heard of this Tate idiot until Greta gave him third degree burns

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Don't think he's gonna have email access in Romanian jail. Which is where he is now. Because his response video had a Romanian pizza box in it which led the cops to his address.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Also just got arrested for human trafficking.

I had almost never heard of this Tate idiot until Greta gave him third degree burns

as an educator whose sister is a school psychologist I unfortunately am too aware of him

he had a briefly strong come-up and career as a manosphere influencer/pua-adjacent misogyny guru/MLM “top g university” impresario via channels like Twitch and TikTok before getting hellbanned off of most services (at least until Elon unbanned him a few weeks ago)

talk to the preteen-and-older boys in your life, be a positive role model for them and teach them empathy for women and good values, make sure their phones aren’t beaming sacks of poo poo like Tate or Sneako or Fresh&Fit into their brains unchecked, that poo poo is poison designed to target their insecurities and make them into monsters before they get the chance to form relationships with girls

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:lol: that poo poo was funny and annoyed him so much he made a video reply which tipped off the authorities to his whereabouts. Considering he's wanted in association with human trafficking that's an incredible self own.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

:lol: that poo poo was funny and annoyed him so much he made a video reply which tipped off the authorities to his whereabouts. Considering he's wanted in association with human trafficking that's an incredible self own.

guess Andrew really settled who …uh…

top G is now

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

Sneako or Fresh&Fit

Real fukkin glad I have no idea who these people are and i'm not about to go looking. Social media is a curse

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Arson Daily posted:

Real fukkin glad I have no idea who these people are and i'm not about to go looking. Social media is a curse

the former is a popular twitch streamer-turned-misogyny advocate/public mental health crisis lolcow and the latter run an extremely successful network of self-help and “lifestyle” podcasts and whatnot primarily targeting the PoC and hip hop communities with gross “traditional masculinity” horseshit.

Both are different examples of the same kind of noxious cottage industry, and they’re not mobbed up like Tate is so you can expect them to stick around online as long as there are angry internet boys to throw subscription money at them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Imagine getting owned so hard that the police show up and arrest you

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Imagine getting owned so hard that the police show up and arrest you

the funny part about this is that the dude wasn’t content to just launder money for the Romanian mob and do human trafficking in the dark like a self-aware criminal

he’s such an idiot narcissist that he had to become internet famous and become the number one online self-help misogynist too, and then on top of everything else—after he makes himself a fugitive in no small part by extensively publicizing and bragging about his dealings—he doxxes himself for the authorities by coming out of hiding to make a show of pettily not recycling a pizza box, something which is already not recyclable in most places

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My recycler actually clarified recently that they don't care if we recycle pizza boxes as long as we shake the crumbs out, since even if 100% of pizza boxes were recycled the amount of grease added to the recycling stream would not affect the quality of the paper produced. But I am still very amused that Elon was a shithead and released another shithead from Twitter jail, who then proceeded to lose an e-fight with Greta so badly that he put himself in real jail. While making a 2 minute long overwrought video about how he definitely didn't lose the e-fight.

Congrats fuckface, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I wish I had something like "I hope all 40 of his super cars are turned into something witty I can't come up with right now cause it's 2am" but I really wish there was a way to turn his collection into something worthwhile to his victims, but you just know that they're just gonna get auctioned off to people who are just as lovely because this is Romania (we all know this happens in the US too) and the cycle will continue.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/xanderescribe/status/1608746665015644163?t=q8m_IGxpwIg66Yz4j6-tGw&s=19

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ok Comboomer posted:

the funny part about this is ... not recycling a pizza box

Why don't the chuds realize that every time they come after Greta, she only gets stronger...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can only imagine how toxic Greta’s mentions are right now

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I just noticed this thread and makes me happy we are discussing this poo poo. Seems like every car group is a festering pile of racism and bigotry, especially love whenever someone mentions EVs and half the group turns into a raging pile of loom smashers.

Also: gently caress anyone dunking on Greta, they just wish they could've been as recognized as her at that age. I disagree with Greta's stance on Nuclear Energy but she's still a net positive to the world for her views on Climate.

kastein posted:

My recycler actually clarified recently that they don't care if we recycle pizza boxes as long as we shake the crumbs out, since even if 100% of pizza boxes were recycled the amount of grease added to the recycling stream would not affect the quality of the paper produced. But I am still very amused that Elon was a shithead and released another shithead from Twitter jail, who then proceeded to lose an e-fight with Greta so badly that he put himself in real jail. While making a 2 minute long overwrought video about how he definitely didn't lose the e-fight.

Congrats fuckface, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Lmao, and its completely unsurprising the fucker is a human trafficker. Half these 'Alpha Male' jackasses don't even see women as human.

Large Testicles posted:

Adam Connover has his issues but he at least is capable of taking criticism and will usually correct himself. That's pretty impressive given the average guy in media would rather stick to their guns no matter how valid the criticism. I guess its not too suprising given he runs a web series on evidence based review of common misconceptions, you'd hope he'd be able to handle fact checking.

He also comes from a family where everyone but he has a PhD. He also has a degree in Philosophy.

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, no. A billionaire is ruling class no matter what. There is no amount of "work" one person can do that is worth a billion dollars, much less 200 billion. That is stolen value from other workers. Only way to do it.

The problem is too is the moron who wrote that post has his head firmly up his rear end if he believe Elon has done ANYTHING working class in his life.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I can only imagine how toxic Greta’s mentions are right now

:smith: They are always, always toxic, sadly....

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 30, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

I just noticed this thread and makes me happy we are discussing this poo poo. Seems like every car group is a festering pile of racism and bigotry, especially love whenever someone mentions EVs and half the group turns into a raging pile of loom smashers.

Someone posted their EV for sale on FB marketplace here and I clicked on it and the replies are full of unhinged chuds screaming about how they can only go 100 miles in the winter and the same type of trump lovers that roal coal on people are yelling about how bad lithium mining is for the planet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I too quit watching Clarkson after he punched the cook.

Clarkson always gave off the chud vibe and he basically just confirmed he really is as bad as he plays off.
But what about James May or Richard Hammond, they don't seem to actually like Jeremy all that much (including making various jokes on the big Top Gear/Grand Tour special events where Jeremy falls behind about how glad they are that he's not there).

Its really hard being general Leftie/Progressive and trying to stay in car groups, in fact I've left more than a handful after any talk about emissions or racial/social justice turns into John Galt speech level rants about chud poo poo. Its also fun bein a mass transit advocate and having people attack you for not liking cars enough.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 30, 2022

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

But what about James May or Richard Hammond, they don't seem to actually like Jeremy all that much (including making various jokes on the big Top Gear/Grand Tour special events where Jeremy falls behind about how glad they are that he's not there).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

CommieGIR posted:

Its really hard being general Leftie/Progressive and trying to stay in car groups, in fact I've left more than a handful after any talk about emissions or racial/social justice turns into John Galt speech level rants about chud poo poo. Its also fun bein a mass transit advocate and having people attack you for not liking cars enough.

I sincerely appreciate The Autopian for trying to foster a non-chud-dominated car community that's also not a click-baity ad-ridden hellsacpe. I really hope they make it. :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

pastor of muppets posted:

I sincerely appreciate The Autopian for trying to foster a non-chud-dominated car community that's also not a click-baity ad-ridden hellsacpe. I really hope they make it. :(

This is good, thanks for this! I also hope they make it.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Yeah I wouldn't say they're explicitly leftist, but their MO is basically 1. car culture is for everyone, 2. climate change is real and the car community needs to come to terms with that, and 3. transphobes will be banned on sight (one of their staff writers is a trans woman and they enforce this rule with gusto)

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 30, 2022

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Large Testicles posted:

I wish I had something like "I hope all 40 of his super cars are turned into something witty I can't come up with right now cause it's 2am" but I really wish there was a way to turn his collection into something worthwhile to his victims, but you just know that they're just gonna get auctioned off to people who are just as lovely because this is Romania (we all know this happens in the US too) and the cycle will continue.

It gets better. Cops only found 11 cars, so he lied about that as well. ~*Alpha Male*~

Yeah I wouldn't say they're explicitly leftist, but their MO is basically 1. car culture is for everyone, 2. climate change is real and the car community needs to come to terms with that, and 3. transphobes will be banned on sight (one of their staff writers is a trans woman and they enforce this rule with gusto)

Oh, good to know - I'll check them out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Oh wow, really? I had no idea, that's really cool. I actually just added David on FB a week or two ago after finding him in the cesspit comments section of one of my FSJ groups, lol.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

CommieGIR posted:

Clarkson always gave off the chud vibe and he basically just confirmed he really is as bad as he plays off.

I don't have receipts, but I do recall Hammond being pretty classist. He's also just whiney and unlikeable and unpleasant. Maybe not chuddy but except for occasionally choosing some hilarious outlandish vehicle for the challenges I never cared for his contributions.

May is genuinely clever and a good tv personality in my opinion. He plays the fuddy old guy thing up in a really inoffensive and kind of endearing way.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I don't have receipts, but I do recall Hammond being pretty classist. He's also just whiney and unlikeable and unpleasant. Maybe not chuddy but except for occasionally choosing some hilarious outlandish vehicle for the challenges I never cared for his contributions.

May is genuinely clever and a good tv personality in my opinion. He plays the fuddy old guy thing up in a really inoffensive and kind of endearing way.

It seems like May at least was pro-stay for Brexit and claims to lean liberal, so probably can keep him in the 'OK people' group.

Just seems like most of my admired UK presenters/comedians disappoint me, like John Cleese. Thankfully Dylan Moran is still a good (if nihilistic) guy.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 31, 2022

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

CommieGIR posted:

It seems like May at least was pro-stay for Brexit and claims to lean liberal, so probably can keep him in the 'OK people' group.

Just seems like most of my admired UK presenters/comedians disappoint me, like John Cleese. Thankfully Dylan Moran is still a good (if nihilistic) guy.

Yeah, the Pythons have kind of disappointed me. I heard somewhere on here recently that Stephen Fry has said some pretty right leaning things too.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

There is the whole Mexico thing with Hammond.

I've hated Hammond and Clarkson for years and still watched TG/TGT because there was nothing else like it. I don't think I'll be going back and watching any of it again or continuing to watch TGT when it comes back on tho, which hurts because there are some genuinely great moments like the 4wd South America trip, Vietnam and Mongolia.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 31, 2022

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

I hope so with May, I love his gentle stiff upper lip personality that he presents. I remember that when dozens of paparazzi were sitting outside his house immediately after Clarkson got fired for punching a coworker he came out and offered them tea which is the most British thing I can imagine. In the good way, not the imperialism way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah, the Pythons have kind of disappointed me. I heard somewhere on here recently that Stephen Fry has said some pretty right leaning things too.

Fry has recently done the ol' centrist routine defending Rowling's terf ramblings. Fry can suck a gently caress.