Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

The best grunge band was The Presidents of the United States of America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pussy Quipped posted:

As I read through the thread I had to stop and quote this post from January of 2020 to say lmao

I still believe it. If you have the cold, flu, or the 'roni you should stay the gently caress home. Stop smoking so much as well and you won't be coughing your lungs out at 55 years old.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

PHUO: British people are hilarious, in a bad way. Somebody who spends 17 hours a day explaining how marxist they are, then you go "lmao chip butties, really, ya dumb rosbif?" and it's 17 more hours of Churchill-splaining. I don't actually care about your chip butties, I devour sandwiches that are entirely cheddar, ketchup, and corn syrup. I'm laughing at you for being so bri'ish oi guv m8.
What the gently caress are you talking about? :confused:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

for fucks sake posted:

The best grunge band was The Presidents of the United States of America.

The lead singer now does kids music under the name Caspar Babypants. I think there's a KEXP session with him on YouTube.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Tiggum posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? :confused:

What's not perfectly clear about imagining somebody who spends 17 hours a day explaining how Marxist they are, then you go 'lmao chip butties, really, ya dumb rosbif?'

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Rosbif? That's not a real word. I refuse to believe.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Robobot posted:

Rosbif? That's not a real word. I refuse to believe.

It's typically a French affectation and is essentially means "roastbeef" jammed together as one word.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
They use roast beef as an insult over there? What a fun cooky little country they have!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Robobot posted:

They use roast beef as an insult over there? What a fun cooky little country they have!

Anything is an insult if you put the right spin on it, you simple meatloaf

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
A simple meatloaf is a great way to feed a family on a budget. I refuse to take that as an insult. :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like meat loaf with ketchup on it.

Ideally, you bake it with a ketchup coating, then dip each bite in ketchup with vinegar and candied jalapeños added.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Dec 29, 2022

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My ex made a good one with a cream of chicken based sauce on top. Wish I knew the recipe, but thats also the only ex who I don't talk to lol

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Having to listen to someone create an Instagram story or TikTok (or whatever the gently caress it is, I am Abe Simpson yelling at a cloud) and hearing the lovely little music clip restart every five seconds is proof the internet was a mistake.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Robobot posted:

A simple meatloaf is a great way to feed a family on a budget. I refuse to take that as an insult. :colbert:

RFC2324 forgot to put a French affectation on it, you pan-jambon simp.

Now you're devastated.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Meatloaf is better as an artist than as a dish

Caufman
May 7, 2007
He nailed both roles in Rocky Horror

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Caufman posted:

RFC2324 forgot to put a French affectation on it, you pan-jambon simp.

Now you're devastated.

I am laid low!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

At this point it would be a bigger step forward for America to have a bald president than a woman president.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
George Washington was bald

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

George Washington was bald

That was literally hundreds of years ago. I’m talking about today.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Questions: How bald do we need to get? The Russian bald-hairy standard allows for balding to qualify as bald, but are you demanding total baldness here?

Secondly, how recent qualifies? Ford was balding, but maybe you mean electing a bald president instead of just having one slide in through the line of succession. Next we have Eisenhower, but was he not bald enough or too far back?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Caufman posted:

Questions: How bald do we need to get? The Russian bald-hairy standard allows for balding to qualify as bald, but are you demanding total baldness here?

Secondly, how recent qualifies? Ford was balding, but maybe you mean electing a bald president instead of just having one slide in through the line of succession. Next we have Eisenhower, but was he not bald enough or too far back?

Bald as in bald. Picard bald. And I’m talking about the present and immediate future, not the past

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
You mean "bald and OWNING it." Our current and former president are both bald, bald men.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
What about a bald chick president? She could even wear those colossal gold hoop earrings you're already picturing in your head.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was actually picturing the Borg queen and this other Star Trek character I don't know anything about, but if either of them wants to wear hoop earrings and run for president of America then that's fine.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The Borg queen would not run for president, she would assimilate the president, and everyone else too. She is a theocratic fascist, or a xxxx, with no regard for the democratic process.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

RFC2324 posted:

My ex made a good one with a cream of chicken based sauce on top. Wish I knew the recipe, but thats also the only ex who I don't talk to lol

That sounds kind of great actually.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

doverhog posted:

The Borg queen would not run for president, she would assimilate the president, and everyone else too. She is a theocratic fascist, or a xxxx, with no regard for the democratic process.

So basically just like two thirds of congress dohohohoho

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

doverhog posted:

#girlboss

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
PHUO: face piercings look like metallic pimples and make people look stupid.

Renaming AD to CE is nonsense that doesn’t change anything when it’s still based around the birth of Jesus

Peppermint tastes bad unless it’s accompanied with lots of chocolate

doverhog
May 31, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Peppermint tastes bad unless it’s accompanied with lots of chocolate

I recently was sick and peppermint tea kept me sane and made my throat hurt less.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

doverhog posted:

I recently was sick and peppermint tea kept me sane and made my throat hurt less.

That sounds like medicine and not something that tastes good

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Drink something hot is mostly the recommendation, but yeah, mostly drank it for for that. Which is still more than any peppermint I remember having before. Anyway, peppermint you were there for me when I needed you and I love you now. :11tea::11tea:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Interforum drama is stupid as gently caress. Who gives a poo poo which board hates the other and why? :shrug:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Interforum drama is stupid as gently caress. Who gives a poo poo which board hates the other and why? :shrug:

Forum draangle:

GBS shits on FYAD
FYAD shits on everyone
everyone shits on ADTRW

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I don't really go into forums outside of GB and Games but FYAD, BYOB and The Imp Zone seem like they are from a different universe

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I don't really go into forums outside of GB and Games but FYAD, BYOB and The Imp Zone seem like they are from a different universe

that's kind of the point of each of them, for different reasons in each case. you're welcome in byob any time, very low stakes posting to be had

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ohtori Akio posted:

that's kind of the point of each of them, for different reasons in each case. you're welcome in byob any time, very low stakes posting to be had

i posted in the imp zone once and got absolutely dog-piled for playing dota by a bunch of people with anime avatars so i think i'll stay well clear

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i posted in the imp zone once and got absolutely dog-piled for playing dota by a bunch of people with anime avatars so i think i'll stay well clear

the imp zone does have a very specific posting culture. byob has consciously avoided that part and we'd love to have you, or most anybody else reading this, any time it strikes your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Is Imp Zone just FYAD for gaming? I don't really 'get' either of those boards (especially FYAD).