Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

LOL at the "change my mind" pose

SAY YOHO fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Crypto is NOT a crime

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

There Bias Two posted:

A person that's been in a coma for 5 months does not just walk right out of the hospital when they get up.

He woke up 3 weeks ago, the tweets were just the first day he was ready to use screens and engage with social media. He's still in a wheelchair.

https://twitter.com/LittleShapesNFT/status/1608535554173419527

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

drk posted:

My dad is a MIT educated engineer and fell for it. It was the craigslist variety where the prospective buyer "accidentally" overpays with a (stolen) check and asks for a refund of the overpayment (via good check).

He didn't try and cash the check first?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Lammasu posted:

He didn't try and cash the check first?

the check will usually be available for withdrawal if you do that, it takes a week or months for a fake check to bounce

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1608672918137077761

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Celexi posted:

the check will usually be available for withdrawal if you do that, it takes a week or months for a fake check to bounce

This whole check system is like the dummest poo poo ever. Just pay with hogheads instead, makes more sense then checks and bitcoin combined.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SAY YOHO posted:

LOL at the "change my mind" pose

With the 'oh poo poo Im so dead' eyes

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I don't know who logan paul is but he looks like a massive rear end in a top hat

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

knox_harrington posted:

I don't know who logan paul is but he looks like a massive rear end in a top hat

Too be active on the internet and not know who he is must be a super power. He's been involved in so many scandals.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I also didn't know what a Paul brother was until relatively recently when one of them started boxing washed up MMA fighters. If I didn't start watching MMA or reading this thread, I still wouldn't know who they were.

Never trust anyone with a first name as a last name.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 30, 2022

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Theyr some kind of Internet person and kids do or did like them

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The only Paul brothers we need

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kennel posted:

lmao they are so goddam greasy

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Everyone and everything was greasy in the 80s.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

sebmojo posted:

lmao they are so goddam greasy

Ahh, you're obviously seeking the matt brothers

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kennel posted:

It's just Peter Paul now, David died two years ago (RIP).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

I also didn't know what a Paul brother was until relatively recently when one of them started boxing washed up MMA fighters. If I didn't start watching MMA or reading this thread, I still wouldn't know who they were.

Never trust anyone with a first name as a last name.

https://splinternews.com/who-the-hell-are-logan-paul-and-jake-paul-a-helpful-gu-1821716026

Check out this handy guide.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think that the "posted footage of a dead body" Paul spent the entire Japan trip making a giant embarrassing rear end of himself the entire time he was in Japan. Causing an international incident was just the capstone of his fuckery.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Communist Thoughts posted:

Theyr some kind of Internet person and kids do or did like them

They still do.

This is kids literally fighting to buy the limited stock of an energy drink Paul and Ksi (another youtuber) have released.

https://twitter.com/scorp_uk/status/1608530700138954755?s=20

And Paul sells crypto gifts to these kids.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

:same: I also don’t know who this Andrew Tate guy is that apparently got arrested, but the arrest news is inescapable, so I assume it’s someone ultrafamous that I’ve just never heard of.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
All I remember of Logan Paul is that he used to make sort of funny vines where he’d be standing somewhere in public and would suddenly do full splits.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

AutismVaccine posted:

This whole check system is like the dummest poo poo ever. Just pay with hogheads instead, makes more sense then checks and bitcoin combined.
This is why most of the civilized world stopped using checks.

But not the US, probably because it's in the constitution that checks must be accepted or some other originalist nonsense.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cacafuego posted:

:same: I also don’t know who this Andrew Tate guy is that apparently got arrested, but the arrest news is inescapable, so I assume it’s someone ultrafamous that I’ve just never heard of.

He's a former kick boxer who became a human trafficker, moved to Romania because it's easier to rape women there, and has become a huge influencer among teenage boys by telling them to treat women like objects

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Someone on the Crypto Currency subreddit thinks they caught SBF cashing out one of his Etherium wallets, which means he violated of the terms of his bail just about the moment he got home from prison.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The first time I heard of Logan Paul or maybe Jake Paul (to this day I can’t tell the difference) was when his constant parties were referred to as “a war zone” by neighbors, including lighting swimming pools on fire.

Somehow it’s a lot less cool when your profession is “YouTube personality for children” instead of “rock star”

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The japanese suicide forest video was the first I remember hearing of them morons.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There were "mail me $5 and I'll send back $10" scams as long as dollars have existed.
And in the 90s it was people pretending that Bill Gates was going to provide the money. Now it's Musk.

Same poo poo, new name.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Just ran across this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Crypt OH NO

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

drk posted:

My dad is a MIT educated engineer

Found your problem.

Jamsque posted:

Someone on the Crypto Currency subreddit thinks they caught SBF cashing out one of his Etherium wallets, which means he violated of the terms of his bail just about the moment he got home from prison.

:yeshaha:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 30, 2022

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

HappyHippo posted:

Just ran across this

looks like BUY BUY BUY to me

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Agents are GO! posted:

Found your problem.

*snort* I was going to say

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Found your problem.

i could write a whole e/n thread about it, but suffice to say: this is the correct take

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Jamsque posted:

Does that mean that the DOJ gets to seize his parent's house to satisfy the forfeited bail? :thunk:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

HappyHippo posted:

Just ran across this

What this means is that when stocks go back up bitcoin will go up 5x as much.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Yes but they’re rich so it won’t happen.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Does that mean that the DOJ gets to seize his parent's house to satisfy the forfeited bail? :thunk:

They are taking some big leaps there. An ETH wallet that maybe SBF/Alameda controlled 2+ years ago made a recent transaction. The wallet had less than $1000 of ETH.

Then they just handwave away some "follow the trail" stuff to eventually end up at some exchange with a much larger sum.

Is SBF dumb enough to do this? Yes. Is there enough evidence here to convince a judge to revoke bail and start seizing property? Doesnt look like it.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yes but they’re rich so it won’t happen.

On the contrary, they now don't even own their own home. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

HappyHippo posted:

Just ran across this

serious case of "note Y axis" here :laugh: