Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

I got my Santa yesterday, too, and it is awesome. The request was "just gently caress me up" and TheDK came through with a scout-class Cyberverse? Arcee, Kingdom Slammer, and the Skywarp/Earth Sideswipe combo pack. I do love a Lambo, and now my Lambos will match! Also, enough dollar store convertiforming robobusters to stage a small knockoff beatdown or make jokes about ANKLEBITER and EQUIPMENCE for the rest of time, and a lovely Jesus's Birthday card to boot! Thank you, dude!

Yay! Glad it finally arrived. Enjoy :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

xZAOx posted:

The toy wolf toilet bots are ridiculous and I love them. I have three I think?

There's a Western toilet, an Eastern toilet, a urinal, and apparently at some point soon a bathtub that turns into a horse for the toilet samurai.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a resource online for looking up old Transformers instructions? I found my original TM2 Megatron, and I'd like to transform him into robot mode.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there a resource online for looking up old Transformers instructions? I found my original TM2 Megatron, and I'd like to transform him into robot mode.

I just go on YouTube and see if someone has made a video review that showcases the instructions

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

gently caress instructions, figuring out how to transform a thing is one of the best parts of transformers, they're like little puzzle boxes

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

https://tfwiki.net/~fortmax/instructions/index.html

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Silhouette posted:

gently caress instructions, figuring out how to transform a thing is one of the best parts of transformers, they're like little puzzle boxes

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Silhouette posted:

While I generally agree,
and Transformers as engineering toys is their primary selling point to me

Go buy a Tripredacus and see how you feel

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Legacy Blitzwing did a number on me

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Sockser posted:

While I generally agree,
and Transformers as engineering toys is their primary selling point to me

Go buy a Tripredacus and see how you feel

I had a Tripredacus as a kid, I got it combined once and then never again once I lost the instructions

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

War and Pieces posted:

Legacy Blitzwing did a number on me

Saw someone on another site mention they got him for a stupid low price and now I'm trying to find it with no results and it's annoying, though on the plus side I did end up finding a Legacy Bulkhead for cheap that I'll probably buy* so that's nice

*couple days ago I dug out the vast majority of my current Transformers collection and realized I have a huge gap in terms of numbers for Autobots compared to how many Decepticons I have(for simplicity reasons I'm counting Maximals and Predacons as part of their ancestral factions), need to start reducing the gap, also realized just how puny a lot of my oldest CHUG style deluxes compare to more modern figures, particularly in how it makes a lot of them look pinheaded(though admittedly at least part of that is probably due to me having quite a few Titan Master figures and those tend towards being especially big headed)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's pretty easy to wind up going the other way, they make a lot more Autobots than Decepticons. Good on you favouring the villains!

Airwave is hard to arm up other bots with. This was the best I could do with Starscream:

And this is what I've managed with Soundwave:

Some of those ports are just in really awkward places, and the torso block is way too heavy to work with. I tried using the shoulder toppers as stilts, but to get them there I had to do this hideous thing:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Slammer is a great little guy with the world's deepest ab crunch. Can't believe we have a Slammer now, even if he is a dedicated partsformer.

I picked up Elita-1 and Pointblank today and they're kind of a mixed bag. Elita feels like we're starting the swing back to cheap, hard plastic, she's got some clearance/fitment issues, and her headlights and fenders make me think Citroen 2CV instead of sports car, but I like her bot mode. Pointblank feels great, fun transformation, cool as hell car mode, but a lot of joints are straight up loose. (By now I assume we all know the deal with his arms, I put up with limited articulation through the UT years so I'm not about to get too fussed about Pointblank's. But lmk if anyone's making a replacement upper arm for him.)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The plastic formulas haven't changed in 20 years. What's changed is density. Because Elita has a high partscount, she's a little more hollow in some areas where they could get away with it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
You can really tell when you smack it with a pencil

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slammer's great, forms a lovely chunky little self propelled gun. I have no idea whether the cannon aiming up and down is an intentional part of the vehicle function, but either way, I'm glad to see it. As a Weaponizer, I wish his torso wasn't so big and heavy, but you can still work with it. If you get two of him, it can work as huge boots.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keep an eye out on Legacy Motormaster's left inner-robot shoulder, where the white and black plastics meet at the hinge. The black plastic hinges on mine both completely cracked wide open, probably irreparable. And since the toy seems to be out of production, hahahah this sucks man.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I had a Tripredacus as a kid, I got it combined once and then never again once I lost the instructions

I nabbed a complete one off ebay last year
To relive some childhood love

The beetle is still impossible to transform

shellforming combiner is misery

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

WOW, today is not my day. Studio Series The Fallen arrived pre-broken in the package. Part of his hip assembly is just sheared off. Fixable in theory with glue but an insane situation

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got my $30 dollar giant Rhinox. He is sufficiently giant.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Apparently Macy's is doing a big sale on toys right now, their online selection isn't great(though they do have some Legacy deluxes for like 13 bucks last I checked) but some people have reported some good finds at their retail locations(like Laser Optimus Prime for under 20 bucks*)

*if anyone finds something like that let me know cause I would pay for that(plus the shipping and maybe a little extra as a finders fee)

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently Macy's is doing a big sale on toys right now, their online selection isn't great(though they do have some Legacy deluxes for like 13 bucks last I checked) but some people have reported some good finds at their retail locations(like Laser Optimus Prime for under 20 bucks*)

*if anyone finds something like that let me know cause I would pay for that(plus the shipping and maybe a little extra as a finders fee)

Thanks for this! I snagged that Studio Series exo-suit Spike that became scalper bait.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Happy new year TF goons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsSLYwOjJs

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moai Ou posted:

Thanks for this! I snagged that Studio Series exo-suit Spike that became scalper bait.

It did? I can still find odd ones on the pegs. Can't be bothered to do the work of selling em though

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

Keep an eye out on Legacy Motormaster's left inner-robot shoulder, where the white and black plastics meet at the hinge. The black plastic hinges on mine both completely cracked wide open, probably irreparable. And since the toy seems to be out of production, hahahah this sucks man.

I've noticed the plastic seems to have come apart at the seam on mine thanks to your post.

I think I can fix it the way I normally do, with a tiny bit of superglue right there on the seam.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

That may work. My first plan, already in motion, is to remove the arm and set the hinges with superglue. Then I'll pull the pin and try to re-drive it very carefully. Failing that, the white clips should allow him to partsform in all modes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Forgot to mention! I got billed for MP Trailbreaker last night so he's on his way out soon

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

DoctorWhat posted:

That may work. My first plan, already in motion, is to remove the arm and set the hinges with superglue. Then I'll pull the pin and try to re-drive it very carefully. Failing that, the white clips should allow him to partsform in all modes.

I'm sure that there'll be replacement parts made by a 3rd party soon, probably already up for 3D printers.

Until then, while Superglue is good if you can get some plastic weld on the seams as well it will hold a lot better.

I've not got MM but every Transformer I've had to fix/modify for the last few years has held up best with the stuff.

It's insane that a toy that is so expensive needs to be fixed out of the box, I was enraged with Road Rage's legs, and I got her on sale!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rise of the Beasts Cheetor toy

https://twitter.com/TFShowUK/status/1610457417879326720?s=20&t=ppHRhtoAxwCZo1HBt2-n3Q

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
He's got brown shorts on

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Finally got my Buzzworthy Bumblebee Creatures Collide set today from Target, funny thing is I was expecting Ransack to be the figure I'd end up liking the least but he's actually really solid(probably doesn't hurt that I got Buzzsaw and Sandstorm for Christmas so Skywasp and Scorponok aren't quite as exciting as they would have been if they were my first experience with their molds), also Goldbug is really tiny(also funny that the other three figures in the set all come with alternate heads but not Goldbug)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

He's got brown shorts on

Aside from the brown it's weird how much it looks like the original, I would not have expected that from a movie design

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tighclops posted:

Aside from the brown it's weird how much it looks like the original, I would not have expected that from a movie design

Look at that Air Razor it's partnered with. Those have got to be remolded Kingdom figures or something.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Cheetor and Airrazor figures share Kingdom engineering but have exclusively new parts. Airrazor in particular is like 20% larger in all dimensions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yo, fill in this form about your favourite TFs of 2022!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looking back at the list of releases, 2022's been a really good year for Transformers, huh?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Fancy breaking some trails?

This rugged Toyota is just the ticket! Although it has an odd habit of randomly turning into a honkin’ big robot.

I’ve never had a Trailbreaker (or even a Hoist) so very happy to finally get one. Transformation is okay, legs are nice and easy while the arms, weapons and backpack had me confuddled for a while and were a job and a half to get back into pickup mode. Had one scare moment when I thought his hand snapped but it’s removable, d’oh. And I couldn’t quite get the windscreen-neck area to completely close up, think I missed something there - next time, I’ll just wait for the Just Transform It vid I think.

But yeah, digging him a lot. Some lovely posability, a bunch of accessories, a vehicle mode that’s very much my jam, and just a big, doofy, happy looking and surprisingly tall robot.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Most of the TF Super7 stuff is..."meh" at best (other than all the card art from every Reaction thing), but this alone makes up for it all.

I'm just happy someone finally made something from this dumb, wonderful design.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It's cool that we finally have a Unicron that actually looks like Orson Welles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Silhouette posted:

It's cool that we finally have a Unicron that actually looks like Orson Welles

"Nobody weight shames Orson Welles!"