Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I still don't see the problem. There's plenty of other decks you have no chance against when they draw what they need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Maneck posted:

This is unsound advice. Galactus is power 3. As a result of blowing up the other lanes, 95% of the time the receiving player has priority. Without Invisible Woman, Shang Chi isn't going to do anything to the Knull+Death drop. They don't reveal until after Shang Chi.

Shang Chi wasn’t advice. It’s one of the cards that can gently caress up Galactus from a partial list of cards that make it really fragile. I’ve beaten Galactus with Shang Chi. They don’t always lose priority. If everything breaks their way, yes, I’ve lost and retreat.

Galactus loses in so many ways. It’s not a meta defining deck, it’s just a really splashy effect that goes off big when it goes off. Do not build your decks to counter Galactus.

Galactus doesn’t make Death worse. Death makes Galactus kinda playable. Death sees much much more success in Destruction/Wave decks.

quote:

No Wave is right. The error was not just eating the 4 cube loss, notwithstanding that I could put 30 power into that lane.

Correct.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Galactus is one of the highest performing cards in the game and the deck is extremely easy to rank up with. The only reason not to build your deck to counter it is series 5, because you do in fact have to run specific cards to beat it.

Idk why we're acting like this deck isnt competitive for climbing or it isnt already on the dev watch list, it is one of the top choices.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Took me ages to work out what happened here - I thought I was screwed when I saw the Leader reveal, then even more so when they were all Odin's

distortion park fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 30, 2022

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Walla posted:

They really need to fix these. Morbius works when he's in your hand, but Collector needs to be on the board. And Kraven activates for every card moved, not just the ones on his side.

Kraven's is the whole point of the card? He's a hunter. He's hunting the enemy. I have a lot of complaints about Snap but the Kraven interaction is good and not inconsistent or broken

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Interesting Leader interaction - if you play Leader and you copy Taskmaster he will take the power of the card you played prior to Leader

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

cirus posted:

Interesting Leader interaction - if you play Leader and you copy Taskmaster he will take the power of the card you played prior to Leader

This is because until Leader has finished copying cards (which includes their on reveal), it's not considered fully played.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

This just happened - my opponent tried to play Hobgoblin twice in a row, and got shut out by Brood twice in a row. I love this game sometimes. :haw:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Kraven's is the whole point of the card? He's a hunter. He's hunting the enemy. I have a lot of complaints about Snap but the Kraven interaction is good and not inconsistent or broken

I think perhaps there is confusion because the text of the card can be interpreted to mean a card has to move into Kravens lane, which is how I first interpreted it as well.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

Galactus is one of the highest performing cards in the game and the deck is extremely easy to rank up with. The only reason not to build your deck to counter it is series 5, because you do in fact have to run specific cards to beat it.

Idk why we're acting like this deck isnt competitive for climbing or it isnt already on the dev watch list, it is one of the top choices.

I've run into it very very few times (maybe I'm lucky?) but it seems like you'd have such a good chance of loving it up with a T5 Aero, wouldn't you? Even if they have a Daredevil down and see it coming there's not really anything they can do

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

bring Destroyer back to 16, totally rework Knull (what a dumb card at a dumb time), make Death only reduce on your own cards being destroyed (although maybe that's too harsh idk)

IDK if Galactus itself needs the nerf, it's a fun gimmick, but Death and Knull interact way too well with it (also they interact well with a bunch of other builds and locations and each other too)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’ve somehow never run into Galactus and I am at CL950

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Galactus is in my token shop right now the for the totally attainable and reasonable price of 6000 tokens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

For some reason my current shop card is a Black Panther variant. I already have the regular one and the variant from the last battle pass.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have him pinned right now and can grab him if I do the Sunspot bundle, but I'm still on the fence with that one.

In other news my tactic of snapping and submitting my final turn and then immediately going "argh!" isn't tricking as many people as I'd hoped

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

For some reason my current shop card is a Black Panther variant. I already have the regular one and the variant from the last battle pass.

I had a Namor variant from Wakanda Forever in my shop yesterday. It was something crazy, like 4000 tokens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes they want 6000 tokens for the BP variant

Uh, no thanks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

goferchan posted:

I've run into it very very few times (maybe I'm lucky?) but it seems like you'd have such a good chance of loving it up with a T5 Aero, wouldn't you? Even if they have a Daredevil down and see it coming there's not really anything they can do
Yes, that specific card beats it consistently unless the galactus player manages to stack a lane (I've never seen a galactus player this smart). If Aero wasnt THE meta card G would be an enormous problem.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Cosmo stops Galactus easily as well, especially since that deck doesn’t want priority. It’s a powerful effect, but extremely telegraphed, especially when they snap on a losing board and an empty lane. Leech is around a lot now too, and ruins pretty much whatever they wanna do after they trigger him

Once he triggers he’s a problem, but even then, it’s like Wong and you just bounce before he pops off because you don’t have the answer.

double negative fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 30, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Does pass pass electro leech telegraph galactus to you? Cause that was the last galactus game I played vs btw.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No Wave posted:

Does pass pass electro leech telegraph galactus to you? Cause that was the last galactus game I played vs btw.

I assume Electro means Galactus in most situations, no one else seems to use it.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

stev posted:

I assume Electro means Galactus in most situations, no one else seems to use it.

Like every ramp deck uses Electro to bring out a 5 power on t4. Or Leech early.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

stev posted:

I'm biased but electro ramp is my most played deck!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Doom worth the 1000 tokens? I don't have Patriot

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There are a lot of situations where someone might not have played on a lane for the first few turns, it's not a Galactus signal. It's loving annoying and bad card design just on the principal that it feels bad for a single card with an easy activate condition to just... Undo the entire match that just happened. "Well if you see it's coming and play a specific tech card you can counter it" yes that's true of any card

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Whenever I see a lot of passing into mana ramp, whether it’s Wave or Electro, I’m definitely expecting Galactus, probably more than he deserves given his rarity, but having pulled him from a cache myself, the patterns of his play are pretty limited.

Leech on 4, Galactus on 5, and Leader on 6 is a pretty nasty line, but Leech/Leader is a problem in general

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sandwolf posted:

Do you have Arnim Zola and psylocke? That’s a fun combo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I put Electro into my Knull deck this morning and it’s been pretty good there. Acts as a backup if I don’t get Wave, and either way I’m only playing one card per turn in 5 and 6 so it’s not hurting me

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Doom is a good top end card for a bunch of decks that want to cheat out big cards or just play big. Ramp, Jubilee, Hela all benefit from a card that can spread 15 power around and get into lanes they can’t otherwise play into. It’s not a build around card but it’s a good addition to the toolkit

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I created more of their board than they did lmao

(Destroyer did not go off before they retreated)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sandwolf posted:

Unlike, say, Ultron, he doesn't really need Patriot for the payoff to be good. Solid workhorse 6-drop regardless of synergy -- if you don't have any other cards that fit that description (Magneto, Leader) he's a slam pick, but if you do then he's good but isn't going to open up any new archetypes for you or anything, though he's a nice addition to a Jubilee/ramp build

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tender Bender posted:

Thinking on it more, I'm actually upset that it's unclear how those cards work until you actually see them in play. Just like Yondu really: remove isn't discard or destroy, but it triggers certain destroy effects and I think it counts as discard for mission purposes at a minimum.

Not something that actually needs to be fixed, but maybe the text could be more clear.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I was going to come here to complain about people who rope you every turn after snapping. Then I realized it works against me because I take fast turns after and inevitably realize I should have taken my time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Its not even that this is where the game's design is faulty. If you're going to snap its better to do so after your opponent locks their turn in. It's much better to rope a turn 3 bar sinister green goblin snap than to let your opponent change their play.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than to be good.

Underneath the carnage was a White Tiger and an Odin. I just wanted to clog their middle lane and was hoping for better hits on Ironheart (seriously? no hits to the lane I needed it in? lame rear end bullshit), I didn't even consider they might play Odin. I went from "oh gently caress..." to "oh gently caress!" in like 10 seconds.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snap on T6 with a Blue Marble drop.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Why did my opponent let me win? They didn't run out of cards.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
it is probably a bot

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Walla posted:

Why did my opponent let me win? They didn't run out of cards.

Bot or someone who hit Infinite passing out cubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am absolutely getting my rear end handed to me yesterday and today, at this point it’s a struggle to stay in the 60s. I feel like the system could use some tweaks, it’s annoying that if I finish the season at 70 even I go to 40, but if I’m at 69 with 9 cubes I go to 30