Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seltzer posted:

One of the DLCs sucks and is literally using a flame thrower to shoot goo on a wall for 90% of it.

No way the story is great and the flamethrower owns. It's also a nice little callback to the tunnel crawling of the first two games. The big Sam DLC is better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

ErrEff posted:

Sounds like The Gunk or Powerwash Simulator. Well, except for the flame thrower.

I bounced off Powerwash Simulator because there's no dirt (I checked) on the patio, but it says there's dirt left on the patio! There isn't!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The linear DLC underwhelmed me but Sam's Story owns, it's basically another chunk of the base game with a better protagonist.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I bounced off Powerwash Simulator because there's no dirt (I checked) on the patio, but it says there's dirt left on the patio! There isn't!

Gotta crouch, there's probably a thumb sized patch of dirt on the bottom of a stair or something

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The people who claimed that Powerwash Simulator was relaxing or a chill game are very very different people than me.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Unboxing is the actual relaxing chill game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Unboxing is the actual relaxing chill game

It’s a fantastic storytelling game with no characters onscreen and no dialogue. I got extremely invested in that person’s life! Great great game.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

FH5 is the ultimate relaxing chill game.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The people who claimed that Powerwash Simulator was relaxing or a chill game are very very different people than me.

It is very chill*

*once you've unlocked the most expensive washer and accessories

It is legit kinda rough until you can get an upgraded washer and accessories, but after a couple of upgrades it clicks and it's fantastic

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've played like an hour of Potion Craft: Alchemy Simulator and I'm willing to say that's the chillest game

but those dumb loving herbs won't FIT PERFECTLY gently caress WHY DON'T YOU WORK

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

One of the DLCs sucks and is literally using a flame thrower to shoot goo on a wall for 90% of it.

That was so bad that I didn’t have the heart to play the second dlc even though people said it was better.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

You can't die or take damage, there's no enemies, no time limit, no skill involved, a very simple goal.. what's not chill about that?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

You can't die or take damage, there's no enemies, no time limit, no skill involved, a very simple goal.. what's not chill about that?

Important caveat: This is all because of personal hang-ups. The game is totally fine and cool, just plays into my worst traits.

Obsessive desire to get things perfect, desire to do things in the optimal fashion. If I do straight lines back and forth and miss a point, or my line isn't perfectly straight that goes into a "Bucket of mistakes I've made that I have to confront and fix later."

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ruffian Price posted:

Did not have Obsidian taking ZA/UM to school in my 2022 bingo
wut?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I think they're saying they like Pentiment a lot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pentiment>Disco Elysium

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
For some reason the store isn't letting me buy Phantom Breaker: Battleground. I'm streaming Omnia Sunday and I'd like to eventually stream Battleground

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just bought a game called Realpolitiks:Real Power for 2.50. Hope it's good enough!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If it’s not though at least you can call it Realbagadicks: Real Sour

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Cant believe goons panned high on life when the reward for killing dudes is you get to read more forums posts

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

prom candy posted:

Cant believe goons panned high on life when the reward for killing dudes is you get to read more forums posts

Goons know better than anyone the downsides of reading forums posts

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Imagine you're on a forum of Rick and Morty s

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Scuba Trooper posted:

so I got a bunch of amazon credit from work and converted some of it to xbox credit to buy a design lab controller (like a rube), but it turns out you cant do that.

anyway what are some games that arent on game pass that i should buy beyond elden ring, the obvious answer

Meant to respond DMC5 to this. Sekiro also worth your money. Witcher 3

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Imagine you're on a forum of Rick and Morty s

FYAD then?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah, the forums in High on Life are a pretty clear SA analogue. it's either very funny or completely intolerable depending on where you land

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Decided to blast though High on Life before hitting heavier stuff in my backlog.

I didn't hate the humor, but dear God, the wave based enemies gets old quickly. I beat it on easy, but I was ready for the end by the time it came around. Also the ending just kinda happened and that was it. Not sure what I expected, but it felt sudden.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it has a real non ending. Bad guy dead, roll credits.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

tensai posted:

Decided to blast though High on Life before hitting heavier stuff in my backlog.

I didn't hate the humor, but dear God, the wave based enemies gets old quickly. I beat it on easy, but I was ready for the end by the time it came around. Also the ending just kinda happened and that was it. Not sure what I expected, but it felt sudden.

The way the game told you a couple different times that this was it and make sure you're ready and all the last save farewell stuff I was pretty convinced they were doing a bit and it was going to turn out I was just like halfway through the game. But nope. Done, the end. And while you were successful in your primary goal it didn't feel like you actually saved the world or anything. Earth appears to remain utter destroyed.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There’s a second ending but it really reads like a post credit scene.
Would have liked to play the actual end credits slides.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Snacksmaniac posted:

There’s a second ending but it really reads like a post credit scene.
Would have liked to play the actual end credits slides.

Oh do you have to do something special to get that one?

Yeah the slides looked great.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

You can get it once you get control back go to the mayors office, get the key, then go to the human sanctuary

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Snacksmaniac posted:

You can get it once you get control back go to the mayors office, get the key, then go to the human sanctuary

Oh interesting. Thanks!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What happens?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator ftw.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I actually had quite a bit of fun with that game for like 2 hours last night.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I tried Potion Craft a little bit. I kept pressing buttons so I must have missed the whole thing in the tutorial if it explained the map thing, but it was kind of fun.
I might try it again later. I ran out of ingredients because I was being dumb and throwing all kinds of stuff in.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

otter posted:

I tried Potion Craft a little bit. I kept pressing buttons so I must have missed the whole thing in the tutorial if it explained the map thing, but it was kind of fun.
I might try it again later. I ran out of ingredients because I was being dumb and throwing all kinds of stuff in.

Yeah, the alchemical map is an analogy they lean into really hard. It describes an abstract space that you are exploring, in a very real sense, this being an analog for doing research (I think). Each type of ingredient you can place into the cauldron charts a specific path-segment further through the space. By using different ingredients then, you *tailor* your path through the space, guiding yourself to bonuses, opportunities to discover new effects, etc. And it isn't a one-way path necessarily (e.g. heating your admixture vs. cooling it).

I've only played the opening chapter, so I'm very much still trying to figure out the basics. I enjoyed it quite a bit, once I stopped fluffing potion after potion, and burning all my ingredients.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Potion Craft is cool but also pretty buggy and not super fun to play on a controller. Pulling up the save or load menu takes over a minute at this point, and when you pair that up with a consistent bug that freezes the game when you bring up any Xbox menu at all, it can mean a lot of lost progress.

Probably best to wait for a patch that makes that experience less miserable.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The way the game has been adapted to the controller is abysmal. It's really dragging down what is otherwise a charming little game.

I can't work out if there's an obvious way to find new potion types other than trial / error. I need to make dexterity potions but keep stumbling on other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I feel like the Steam thread talked about Potion Craft or something similar - I recall a lot of complaints about the UI by the end, but am I getting this mixed up with a different potion game?