Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

lol that movie's a trans allegory made by two trans people

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1608835502442164225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The Postman posted:

i hope they get into an argument about the illuminati

I too have heard the word axiomatic and like to use it in arguments.

I know what it means though.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That's another way that Melon is like Trump: you can tell when they've learned a new word that they want to road-test.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

oh lmao there was actual "discussion" already in that thread... this might be the closest thing to an "own" i've seen from Elon

also lol:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Carwash oval office posted:

Here is a recap of Grimes and the boat, an incredibly stupid tale. It is really worth a deep dive. I just love how little distance was covered during this grand adventure.

I "love" that it's two affluent white assholes deciding to do a romani LARP in full cultural appropriation / your culture is a costume mode.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
The people staying on Twitter because it will “cost Elon money” are really grasping for an (incorrect) rationalisation. Twitter might not be profitable but it does have positive gross margins; Musk wants you to stay, not leave.

It’s okay to acknowledge you are either reliant on the product for [reason] (many of which are valid), or are even addicted to it.

It’s a bit cringe to try to rebrand staying on Twitter as an act of defiance that is really sticking it to Musk.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Postman posted:

oh lmao there was actual "discussion" already in that thread... this might be the closest thing to an "own" i've seen from Elon

also lol:

I'll give him credit this one time, "Run antivirus software in your brain" is a pretty funny response. It would have been way funnier if that was the entire tweet and he didn't bother with the first line.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Whether you stay or leave has no real impact on Twitters profitability

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

CharlestheHammer posted:

My $8 says otherwise :smuggo:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"I'm the very definition of Centrist, which is why I only talk to Q-Anon believers and this guy:"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Catastrophe posted:

The thing is what has Greta Thunberg done wrong? She hasn't murdered anyone, raped anyone, kidnapped anyone, smuggled drugs, become a terrorist... I think all she did was ask people to please try to be more responsible with how we treat our home planet and those other humans around us. I'm trying to find a way to be upset about that message but I really, truly can't.

Michelle Obama said it was a good idea to eat a vegetable once in a while and chuds responded by calling her an ugly man that couldn’t tell them what to do and then propelled themselves into an early grave by eating nothing but hot dogs.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

bird with big dick posted:

Michelle Obama said it was a good idea to eat a vegetable once in a while and chuds responded by calling her an ugly man that couldn’t tell them what to do and then propelled themselves into an early grave by eating nothing but hot dogs.

I have it on good authority that Trump is, was and always will be the “Throat GOAT” when it comes to gulping glizzy and that nobody can tell him not to slurp that meat down his gullet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Remember when IMC commissioned someone to draw a cartoon avatar of him as a hot buff dude and then unveiled it and got dunked on mercilessly, that ruled.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nitrousoxide posted:

Any Pizza Gaters standing behind Tate, the human trafficer and sex abuser who was arrested because of pizza?

The Qanons are largely supporting him

https://greatawakening.win/p/16ZqPY4oP3/the-matrix-sent-their-agents/c/

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

If they manage to become ad-inventory supply-constrained rather than demand-constrained (LOL), then yes, one’s engagement on the platform will be positively correlated with incremental revenue and profit for Twitter.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i mean, people hjave fewer children as they rise out of poverty, have more resources available, access to birth control/abortion. it's not a secret scheme to reduce earth's population, it's just that having 15 kids so they can help support your impoverished family sucks rear end.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Matrix sends its regards.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1608913459164450817

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hey, that matrix is all right!

Shroud
May 11, 2009
If this is the Matrix, gimme dem blue pills, Morpheus.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
NO DAD I WON'T DO MY HOMEWORK YOU ARE THE MATRIX :mad:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

The Postman posted:

i hope they get into an argument about the illuminati

Just a reminder that these people fear depopulation because it would reduce the supply of human capital they demand. It's literally just because they're more afraid of paying people more for labor than they are worried about starving children.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

War Wizard posted:

Just a reminder that these people fear depopulation because it would reduce the supply of human capital they demand. It's literally just because they're more afraid of paying people more for labor than they are worried about starving children.

This explanation always seemed too forward thinking for a guy like Musk.

I think it's more likely just straight up racism.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Lol he is hosed. Romanian law requires detention hearings every 30 days while awaiting whatever their version of trial is.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
want to hear musky say axiomatic in real life.

also again a bunch of dumb boys using Thesaurus words when you can just say things much simpler.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1608913886249648129

Very hosed.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

War Wizard posted:

Depopulation is kinda rough for the current generation as they retire though since those elderly folks are now being supported by a smaller working cohort. China and Japan (and a few other countries) are experiencing it and it has real and tangible negative macroeconomic effects on the quality of life for both the retired and workers since you either need to cut services or increase taxes to maintain service levels.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Nitrousoxide posted:

Any Pizza Gaters standing behind Tate, the human trafficer and sex abuser who was arrested because of pizza?

I checked out @Cernovich after I saw your post, and Mr. Pizzagate himself posted a bunch about how the Mexican border is the real human trafficking scandal and we should watch a Project Veritas video that proves it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Elon Musk suffers biggest loss of wealth in modern history with net worth collapse

The Twitter and Tesla CEO’s net worth has fallen by more than $200billion (£166bn)

https://www.nme.com/news/elon-musk-suffers-biggest-loss-wealth-modern-history-net-worth-collapse-3372432

Elon Musk has suffered the biggest loss of wealth in modern history, with his net worth dropping by more than $200billion (£166bn).

The billionaire, who recently took over the social media site Twitter, lost over half of his fortune over the last 13 months.

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Musk’s net worth declined by $208billion (£172bn) – roughly the same as the annual GDP of Greece. That amount is also more than the total net worth of the world’s richest person, LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault.

Musk was previously at the top of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, but has since been overtaken by Arnault. His net worth was previously $338billion (£280bn). It now stands at $132billion (£110bn).

The huge drop in Musk’s net worth is largely down to the collapse of Tesla stock over the last year. “Don’t be too bothered by stock market craziness,” the CEO recently told staff at the car company, according to Reuters. “As we demonstrate continued excellent performance, the market will recognise that.”

Since Musk took over Twitter in October, the site has faced a number of difficulties. The CEO immediately fired several top executives and half of its workforce, with users soon advised to archive their Twitter history after speculation the platform could collapse.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Elon loves using Japan as an example of a dire shrinking population while ignoring the extremely obvious fact that they barely allow any immigration.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Depopulation is kinda rough for the current generation as they retire though since those elderly folks are now being supported by a smaller working cohort. China and Japan (and a few other countries) are experiencing it and it has real and tangible negative macroeconomic effects on the quality of life for both the retired and workers since you either need to cut services or increase taxes to maintain service levels.

I mean you don't actually need to do either of those things, economists just demand it as a sacrifice to their stupid blood god.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Tate status: reaped.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Less Fat Luke posted:

Elon loves using Japan as an example of a dire shrinking population while ignoring the extremely obvious fact that they barely allow any immigration.

Yeah you can overcome a shrinking birth rate with immigration. Japan clearly has not been sucessful in getting their population to have more kids for a whole bunch of reasons, including their incredibly toxic work culture that gives next to no work/life balance, but even then, it's not like (most) developed countries with less lovely work cultures are having tons of kids.

They really should open up their immigration policies. That would largely solve the worker/retirement ratio issue, though they'd have to get over their xenophobia.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

if Da Elite wants a slight , modest positive pop growth trend then maybe they should support (oh and pay taxes) a bunch of commie poo poo. but they're stupid as gently caress and penny smart bu t pound foolish.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

PhazonLink posted:

if Da Elite wants a slight , modest positive pop growth trend then maybe they should support (oh and pay taxes) a bunch of commie poo poo. but they're stupid as gently caress and penny smart bu t pound foolish.

Yeah, I was gonna say: haven't the conservative party (dunno what they're called in Japan) been in power for like 30 loving years? Maybe that's why everything's hosed?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Yeah I am honestly pretty curious if our Feds got involved since one of the women was an American citizen. Couldn't happen to a better guy honestly. Can't wait to see everyone on the right who platformed him because he was a "real man" just put their fingers in their ears and pretend this didn't happen

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Romanian jail seems pretty chill if he’s allowed to tweet from there

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

"Run antivirus software in your brain" is a pretty funny response.

:goofy:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Less Fat Luke posted:

They also continue to have absolutely oppressive work environments that make having a family or even establishing relationships difficult, 12 hour workdays for office workers are still the norm (you can often work a normal 9-5 but promotions are denied and even competence is questioned if you do not work till 8-10PM. Basically you can sit in your office and do the bare minimum and as long as you are present people will think you are doing a good job.)

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah I am honestly pretty curious if our Feds got involved since one of the women was an American citizen. Couldn't happen to a better guy honestly. Can't wait to see everyone on the right who platformed him because he was a "real man" just put their fingers in their ears and pretend this didn't happen

They don't have to. The sort of people promoting Andrew Tate already believe women are essentially, at best, subservient, and at worst, sub human and not to be believed. Abuses and things like human trafficking are just normal in their mind. These are usually the same sort of morons that, if they have daughters, threaten their boyfriends with violence because they expect all men are just like them.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

the same sort of morons that, if they have daughters, threaten their boyfriends with violence because they expect all men are just like them.

well said