Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1608917989965066242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Interesting chart.

Woof, Seattle...

At least Seattle figured out they shouldn’t run screens.

Feels like either everyone sucks at running screens or EPA is a bad measurement tool since only a few teams even get above the 50% mark.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bird in a Blender posted:

Feels like either everyone sucks at running screens or EPA is a bad measurement tool since only a few teams even get above the 50% mark.

Screens are a low-percentage, high-reward play -- so I think the better measure isn't just raw success rate, but average EPA per attempt.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Interesting chart.

Woof, Seattle...

The days of the pierre Thomas screen are long dead in nola

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the screen pass is literally the only functioning pass play in the bears offense other than the justin fields scrambles for his life and confuses the defense enough to completely abandon byron pringle play that works once every six games.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Makes sense imo, I don’t think there’s a lot of point to jockeying for a specific seed and Snoop already beat the Steelers once at Pittsburgh. If they win then maybe he plays for the division but otherwise just let him heal up since he’s going to have to run for a million yards since his WR corps is more like a WR corpse… s

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Screens have their place even as a negative EPA play. They slow down and muck up the pass rush, force LB's to move horizontally instead of just letting them crash down . Wide receiver screens are the lovely cousin of screens, that give you almost none of the benefits, but give secondary players the opportunity to 1 v 1 a guy for a 2 yard gain.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Seattle has never been able to run a screen. Absolutely never. It's amazing how bad they are. You'd think they'd get it right more often on accident

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Blough and the Las Vegas Raiders' Jarrett Stidham will become the 63rd and 64th quarterbacks to have started an NFL game this season, tying a non-strike record set in 2007. The only other NFL season with more starting quarterbacks was the 1987 strike year, when there were 87 different starters.

Only 11 of the NFL's 32 teams have had one starting quarterback this season. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Cardinals on Sunday will tie the Los Angeles Rams as the teams with the most starting QBs this season with four.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

John McClane posted:

Blough and the Las Vegas Raiders' Jarrett Stidham will become the 63rd and 64th quarterbacks to have started an NFL game this season, tying a non-strike record set in 2007. The only other NFL season with more starting quarterbacks was the 1987 strike year, when there were 87 different starters.

Only 11 of the NFL's 32 teams have had one starting quarterback this season. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Cardinals on Sunday will tie the Los Angeles Rams as the teams with the most starting QBs this season with four.

From memory, the only teams to start the same QB every week:

Chiefs
Chargers
Jaguars (?)
Bengals
Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Giants (?)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

a neat cape posted:

From memory, the only teams to start the same QB every week:

Chiefs
Chargers
Jaguars (?)
Bengals
Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Giants (?)

Kind of amazing how well this correlates with making the playoffs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Interesting chart.

Woof, Seattle...

The top line is interesting. I mean Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan teams being good at screens and running a fair amount of them is not surprising at all, the Ravens not running them often but when they do break them out being good at it makes some sense. But the Lions up there out of nowhere, I wouldn't have expected that at all.

Kalli posted:

Screens have their place even as a negative EPA play. They slow down and muck up the pass rush, force LB's to move horizontally instead of just letting them crash down . Wide receiver screens are the lovely cousin of screens, that give you almost none of the benefits, but give secondary players the opportunity to 1 v 1 a guy for a 2 yard gain.

It makes slightly more sense paired with the idea that you run WR screens so you can run WR go routes later when the defense tries to jump it. But the worst football play that isn't trying to draw someone offside is the WR screen to a guy who has no blockers out there with him. I at least understand the idea of a WR or TE split wide screen with blockers involved, that has a chance (small chance) of working.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

devin duvernay is prettygood

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/20...or-2023-return/

quote:

Raiders giving Davante Adams space to "feel however you feel" regarding what's happening to Carr, hoping he'll come around and be back with them next season

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Adams needs to ask for a trade

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Waltzing Along posted:

well yeah, you don’t practice hosed

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Codependent Poster posted:

I feel bad for him. What a waste you were Raiders, what a waste you are Broncos, and what a waste you will be in the playoffs Chargers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

In the locker room scrum after Carr was traded he kept saying, "right now we just need to focus on the next two games." Thought it was diplomatic but telling.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

He's going to have to hold out to force a trade (if he wants out, that is). Raiders hold all the cards here.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Just gonna quote this post by Gramps from before season start in the AFC West thread, because it seems relevant.

Gramps posted:

My innate Raiders hate aside, the Raiders are hosed

McDoucher is NOT a good coach, and will inexplicably alienate your best player by courting someone off the Pats practice squad. I will experience much schadenfreude over the next few years. It will be glorious.

Let's see who he picks to replace Carr or Adams, see if the prediction hits fully true.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pasaluki posted:

I feel bad for him. What a waste you were Raiders, what a waste you are Broncos, and what a waste you will be in the playoffs Chargers.

What the gently caress, we held up our end of the bargain and are gonna win 11 games

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

Just gonna quote this post by Gramps from before season start in the AFC West thread, because it seems relevant.

Let's see who he picks to replace Carr or Adams, see if the prediction hits fully true.

I mean they got Stidham from the Pats for a 6th rounder shortly after McDaniels was hired, so he’s pretty spot on so far lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im sure stidham 2 agholor will be better than carr 2 Adams

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Im sure stidham 2 agholor will be better than carr 2 Adams

Agholor is in New England, so it’d be Stidham to …Keelan Cole and Jesper Horsted

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

Agholor is in New England, so it’d be Stidham to …Keelan Cole and Jesper Horsted
He's saying next year when Stidham is in line to be the starter at the beginning of the season and Agholor got cut by the pats to clear cap space to pay.... Jakobi Meyers?

edit: Also I will not stand for this Mack Hollins erasure!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Screens are a double-edged sword

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Waltzing Along posted:

San Francisco says hi.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fartknocker posted:

:allears:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

fsif posted:

Let the record show that Blaine Gabbert's career outlasted Cam Newton's.

Wait what's this have to do with each other? They weren't rivals at all. Is this some dogwhistle type of poo poo from the same forum where they allowed a thread titled N*****R to stay up for months? If not who cares about this comparison?

I'm not even a Panthers or Pats fan but boy howdy this seems extra petty for no reason.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

Wait what's this have to do with each other? They weren't rivals at all. Is this some dogwhistle type of poo poo from the same forum where they allowed a thread titled N*****R to stay up for months? If not who cares about this comparison?

I'm not even a Panthers or Pats fan but boy howdy this seems extra petty for no reason.

They were drafted the same year, it’s not that serious

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How could the draft allow that. Must be some dog whistle poo poo.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BrownThunder posted:

What in the gently caress are you rambling on about here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rex Ryan is low key doing his best to stand in as an embarrassing figure on this cover.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lol every time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

lol every time

The 1999 QB Class
YOU CHOOSE
Tim Couch?
Donovan McNabb?
Akili Smith?
TOUGHEST CALL
IN FOOTBALL

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

in researching that post i have a question, has any draft ever been as frontloaded with QB picks as 1999? those 3 in the first 3 picks of the draft and then 2 back to back at 11 and 12 with Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown.

5 quarterbacks taken in the first half of the first round and only 2 of them ever amounted to poo poo lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Remember that draft where 3 RBs got taken in the first five picks.

What a world

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Remember that draft where 3 RBs got taken in the first five picks.

What a world

Caddy Williams, Cedric Benson and can't remember the third dude the dolphins took. 2007 iirc.

All 3 of em kind of a footnote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
2005:

LOL Troy Williamson and Mike Williams

Two all-time swings and misses by the Vikings and Lions.