Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

So right winger PUA's are now siding with Tate thinking the loving Romanian government framed him because they were intimidated by his broadcasted masculinity?

Or is this just another event of 'left hates this guy so now I support him'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

andrew portrait

Im angry I got and laughed at this joke

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Convex posted:

andrew portrait

it's pronounced ta-tay

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mikojan posted:

So right winger PUA's are now siding with Tate thinking the loving Romanian government framed him because they were intimidated by his broadcasted masculinity?

Or is this just another event of 'left hates this guy so now I support him'

do remember that right wingers approve of violence towards women so it's less that they think he's being setup and more that they think he's done nothing wrong in raping and kidnapping.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Im angry I got and laughed at this joke
:shrug:
I missed something then... I mean it's landscape not portrait.... so what am I missing?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cable Guy posted:

I missed something then... I mean it's landscape not portrait.... so what am I missing?

Look carefully at the background

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

you got me

E: by which I mean do not indeed get it.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kingo Ligma posted:

omg goatse hello old friend

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Convex posted:

andrew portrait

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

Kingo Ligma posted:

Pontificating rear end posted:

omg goatse hello old friend
Not seeing that at all....

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Cable Guy posted:

Not seeing that at all....

Ya I'm jk I dont even know who is bullshitting any more

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

They should extradite him to whatever country has the gnarliest penalties.

Like maybe one of them still stones people to death?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those generally ain't so hot on women's rights.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"Joey, have you ever been in a Romanian Prison...?"

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

goatface posted:

Those generally ain't so hot on women's rights.

Yeah we can't expect a regressive anti-woman shithole with the death penalty to do anything about it, which is why I would be hesitant to see him extradited to the United States.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

cr0y posted:

They should extradite him to whatever country has the gnarliest penalties.

Like maybe one of them still stones people to death?

Those tend to be the countries most lenient to sex trafficking

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PITY BONER posted:

The best part about this is that it's a widely accepted belief on certain boards on 4chan and in incel communities, continuing to prove that Elon is definitely a 4chan reader but still hasn't learned how to post. The guy seems stuck in a weird late-2000s-era internet community transition, still unable to understand how the modern social scene works online.

The NPC "theory" is generally dominated by two separate forks of belief, depending on the person who picks it up:

1. Anti-social introverts who are so out of touch with human relationships and reality that they no longer see other people as unique personalities with free will, and instead see them as zombies controlled by the media/sex/women/wokeness/biology/etc., meaning other humans are useless cattle that don't matter. In their minds, you're an NPC for getting into a relationship or following any sort of biological pressure, with the exception of sleeping, eating, toilet, and so on. If you follow any sort of basic societal activities like getting an education, job, enjoying sports and hobbies, you're an NPC. Basically, if you're not a depressed incel NEET, you're a loser because you haven't figured out that life is hell, which is the only true way to live and see the world.

2. Anti-social versions of the "we're all living in a simulation" belief (which Elon has publicly expressed belief in dozens of times), who think that they are the only ones who are factually alive and real in the simulation, and everyone else is just a computer program made to antagonize the believer. Being the main character, they are trying to figure out the cheat codes to open up the rest of the simulation. They don't really have an explanation for how they can discuss this topic with others and philosophize about it while assuming they are the only true living being in the universe and everyone they talk to is equivalent to a spam email. This belief can often pair with "reality creation" beliefs (the cheat codes), and I have always been under the impression that Elon really does see himself as the main character of world who is trying his hardest to create the reality he believes in. This belief system would be used as a mental crutch to allow his constant lying and exaggeration, since part of reality creation is acting as if something is true should lead to it actually happening or the universe making it happen.

Both types of believer see other human beings as insignificant and not worth caring about. The NPC belief removes empathy and compassion for others because technically they aren't real or living in a way intended by the believer. Though I'm too lazy to search for evidence, I don't doubt that the NPC assumption has led to mass-murders/shootings over the years.

It's just a dressing up of bog standard solipsism, a belief associated with little kids (I believed it for a few days when I was 4!) and stunted adults.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/aaronreynolds/status/1608967872176590850

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
He's not Wario, he's Wansa Wusa.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cable Guy posted:

:doh:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

This showed up in my Mastadon TL this morning:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

https://mobile.twitter.com/MOMMYBlGDICK/status/1608993916539535361

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tfw your weird bachelor uncle tries to convince you he's "hip" and "with it" and "just like the kids"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Was "NPC" on his word of the day calendar?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"I don't know him. PLEASE BELIEVE ME!"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1609090415516614658?s=20&t=jn9rNFrgPLncpf4yna53aQ

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"To the best of your knowledge", huh? We all know how deep and wide your base of knowledge is, Elon.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I finally watched the Chappelle/Musk footage, I can only imagine how internally thrilled Elon was when Dave called him the n-word

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Photographs of me at a sex traffickers party in Romania got a lot of people asking me about sex traffickers parties in Romania and I have no recollection of being there - E Musk.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

learnincurve posted:

Photographs of me at a sex traffickers party in Romania got a lot of people asking me about sex traffickers parties in Romania and I have no recollection of being there - E Musk.
If only we had a way of checking his uh... coordinates over that weekend.

Edit: Fek.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/11/04/elon-musk-private-jet-twitter/

quote:

Elon Musk’s whirlwind first week at Twitter: 8,304 miles by private jet

By Hamza Shaban
November 4, 2022 at 6:49 p.m. EDT

Flight data shows the $70 million Gulfstream jet crisscrossing the country as Musk bounced around from meetings to parties.

Flight 1: Hawthorne, Ca. to San Jose
Flight 2: San Jose to Hawthorne, Ca.
Flight 3: Hawthorne, Ca. to Teterboro, N.J.
Flight 4: Teterboro, N.J. to Chantilly, Va.
Flight 5: Chantilly, Va. to San Francisco
Flight 6: San Francisco to San Jose
Flight 7: San Jose to Teterboro, N.J.

In his first week atop Twitter, Elon Musk has gotten around: preparing the massive layoffs that started late Thursday, meeting with civil rights groups and advertisers, attending a Space Force event and Heidi Klum’s Halloween bash. His manic schedule is illustrated by the 8,304 miles his private jet logged in that time, hopscotching from coast to coast.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 31, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Post the photo of Musk at the party

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

"You're right, Ian Miles Cheong, twitter is an awful source for information." - Elon Musk

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lol so at least 50/50 he was there by his own admission even without that photo

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Infinitum posted:

Post the photo of Musk at the party

Yeah, his pupil dilation will provide ample evidence of why he can't recall being there.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Uh, maybe I was at A sex trafficking party in Romania, but I think it wasn't THE one you are taking about. Check mate, lib!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"It technically wasn't a Halloween Party because it didn't happen on October 31st."

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde
I edited my post a few back about tracking his plane with an article I found on WaPo.... seems he was at Heidi Klum’s do that weekend.... of course it's possible he went to both. Hers was on the 31st in New York, Tate's was on the weekend (the Saturday was the 29th of October).

There's also this in Vice....
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgymaj/an-alleged-billionaire-halloween-party-at-draculas-castle-sent-romania-into-a-frenzy

quote:

While we know celebrities were in Romania given the paparazzi evidence, there doesn't seem to be much backing up most of the specific claims about who attended, however. There are videos of helicopters arriving, darkly tinted luxury cars and vans pulling up, and groups of lanky pale-skinned people huddled around them. Hallmarks of the rich and powerful, sure, but relatively little in the way of identification.

Thiel and his husband and co-investor, Matt Danzeisen, are the only ones actually photographed by tabloids in Romania. MediaFlux published pictures of the pair entering Mercedes vehicles allegedly at Henri Coandă International Airport. The outlet later posted photos reportedly showing the two entering a helicopter headed for Bran, although only Danzeisen can clearly be seen. Another outlet posted grainy paparazzi photos that it said depicted Entourage star Adrien Grenier boarding a similar helicopter.
...and we know musky and thiel are connected so :shrug:

edit: Unfortuanately the WaPo article didn't have dates for when he arrived in NJ.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 31, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"We all wore masks, so it's not like I could KNOW if was there or not"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twitter isn't legally binding lol just say you weren't there dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/elon-musk-halloween-party-transylvania-romania-b1036507.html

"Romanian media outlet Media Flux reports that Musk rented the entire castle for himself and his friends to enjoy, with guests rumoured to be in attendance including PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, Google’s co-founders Sergei Brin and Larry Page and Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie.

Elsewhere, Swedish actress Julia Sanstrom was also rumoured to be present, after she shared stories of herself in Transylvania, and dressed as a vampire on her Instagram.

Other Romanian media outlets reported that Dracula’s Girls, a well-known cheerleader group from Târgoviște will also be present, but full details, and what happened, are not yet revealed."