Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Push El Burrito posted:

I got Surfer now! I don't know what to do with him but I got him. Don't really have any way to mass deploy 3s.

If you have Brood, you can get something started with him. Maximus, Polaris, Bishop are other great 3 cost cards.

Edit: Congrats, CitizenKeen! I’m not sure, I haven’t played enough move to know how well it does. At 60-70, I don’t run into a lot of Surfer.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Push El Burrito posted:

I got Surfer now! I don't know what to do with him but I got him. Don't really have any way to mass deploy 3s.

Sera is the classic version. Aside from that, there's also just playing good 3-drops and finishing with Surfer, or using Patriot and something like Brood. I hear there's also a version with Mr. Negative floating around, too.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

RevKrule posted:

My guy hasn't run into negative surfer decks yet, have you? Think Sera Surfer but this time Surfer's free....and Ironheart's free....and Mystique is free....and Wong is 2 cost.....
Hit the right locations and cards (which isn't too hard) and you're got an insanely nasty final turn. Surfer and Ironheart both hitting for 4 trips each and you still have another 4 energy to play around with.

Yeah, I've played Negative Surfer plenty. It's horrifying. There's a reason it's performing so well on all the tracker sites. Nasty endgame. Honestly, if I saw the decks more and really wanted to dweat during the climb, I'd whip out Sandman again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone post a good Negative Surfer deck already

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Opopanax posted:

Someone post a good Negative Surfer deck already

I posted one on the last page

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Push El Burrito posted:

He's pretty good in a destroy shell, there are some nice targets like Dethlok and Venom and Killmonger and I don't think people usually see it coming. If you can reduce her cost enough, Death+Surfer on T6 is a combination of going both tall and wide that can steal a lot of cubes

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I’m need Mystique so bad. She’s the main card I’m missing from Negative, Patriot, and Cerebro.

Push El Burrito posted:

Even if you don’t have the cards to make him good this instant, he is a solid investment. After this season ends he’ll be joining Pool 5 and’ll be lot harder to obtain.

What is your current collection level?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

buffalo all day posted:

(negative surfer deck list)

# (2) Angela
# (2) Forge
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (4) Mister Negative
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Sera
#

Is there anything I can do if I don't have Psylocke or Rogue? I heard Psylocke is key to the deck, so without her or Jane Thor (for regular negative) my Negative will continue to gather dust.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Quackles posted:

Is there anything I can do if I don't have Psylocke or Rogue? I heard Psylocke is key to the deck, so without her or Jane Thor (for regular negative) my Negative will continue to gather dust.

Bishop can swap in for Rogue. Psylocke doesn't have a real replacement. Being able to Mr. N or Sera a turn early is very powerful, so you'll lose something without her. Really, the deck's core is,

Bast
Psylocke
Brood
Mystique
Silver Surfer
Mr. Negitive
Sera

Each of those cards offers a unique effect that can't be easily subbed out. That doesn't mean it's unplayable, mind, but each missing piece will lower the power and consistency.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Felt bad for the Patriot/Zoo deck I just played against. Mantis took their Patriot, Cable took their Kazaar, Morph copied their Ultron. My board was full by turn 5 and they couldn't do jack.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skippy McPants posted:

Bishop can swap in for Rogue. Psylocke doesn't have a real replacement. Being able to Mr. N or Sera a turn early is very powerful, so you'll lose something without her.

Psylocke enabling Sera on 4 isn't as big as playing her on 4 to give you two 6-energy turns in the games where you don't play Neg.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

Psylocke enabling Sera on 4 isn't as big as playing her on 4 to give you two 6-energy turns in the games where you don't play Neg.

Uhh, that's what I said? Unless you mean Sera is more important to the deck than Psylocke, in which case I agree. Surfer, Negative, and Sera are probably the three most important cards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Uhh, that's what I said? Unless you mean Sera is more important to the deck than Psylocke, in which case I agree. Surfer, Negative, and Sera are probably the three most important cards.

No, I meant playing Psylocke on 4 to give you double 3s on 5 and 6. Apologies for the confusion.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

No, I meant playing Psylocke on 4 to give you double 3s on 5 and 6. Apologies for the confusion.

I think Psylocke on 3 into Sera on 4 is better. Rather than two turns with 6 energy, you get two turns with -1 cost on all your cards.

Either way, no question that Psylocke does a lot for the deck.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Are the daily login rewards not a system available on the PC version, or have I just been missing something really obvious?

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
I started saving Gold when the first bundle with included Collector's Tokens was added, and just now I had saved enough for the Sunspot bundle ("only" paying for the Season Pass). That was a burst of upgrading. drat that gacha endorphine!

KazigluBey posted:

Are the daily login rewards not a system available on the PC version, or have I just been missing something really obvious?

Nope, the PC version doesn't have the inbox yet, so you either have to use the mobile client, or an Android emulator.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
I wish move decks were good so I could justify buying this variant

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Jesus Christ. I got to 99.9 tonight, just needed 1 cube to hit infinite and now I'm back down to 98.5. not sure this is worth the stress. I just want a couple of days where I can make jank decks and not worry about losing ranks.

Still got a fews days, better just get some sleep before I tilt too hard.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Jesus Christ. I got to 99.9 tonight, just needed 1 cube to hit infinite and now I'm back down to 98.5. not sure this is worth the stress. I just want a couple of days where I can make jank decks and not worry about losing ranks.

Still got a fews days, better just get some sleep before I tilt too hard.

This happened to me about two weeks ago and I went on full tilt down to 88, my advice is take as much time as you need and don’t push yourself.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm hovering around rank 40, which I'm happy with after only a week. I think I'm going to stop upgrading once I finish pool 2, but that's only 19 collection levels away. I'd like to get comfortable with the different decks I can build now before working my way through pool 3 and the token shop.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Added Armor to my deck to avoid Shang-Chi.

Now I'm getting hit by Mr. Negative decks that go from 1 point to 704 points in one turn.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
This morning is one of those times I can't catch any cubes. Endless heralds of Galactus beating my rear end

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skippy McPants posted:

I’m need Mystique so bad. She’s the main card I’m missing from Negative, Patriot, and Cerebro.

Even if you don’t have the cards to make him good this instant, he is a solid investment. After this season ends he’ll be joining Pool 5 and’ll be lot harder to obtain.

What is your current collection level?

At 330 right now. Of all the cards said I have... Bishop.

I got to rank 48 and ever since it seems like I've only won maybe 10% of the games I've played. Down to 43 now and everyone seems to just be hard countering any decks I try. But I'm still grinding, baby.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This Strong Guy deck is very funny, but every play has to be precise. The good thing is I know to retreat by turn 3.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never even got my combo off. :)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I was thinking about Negative decks since discussing them last night and I just thought of the absolute nastiest combo coming out next week.

Turn 3 Zabu, Turn 4 Negative and Crystal. So by Turn 5, there's a good chance your entire hand is neg'd. Hell, I can see cases where you'd want to do Crystal into Negative, especially if your hand is overstuffed with 0 power cards you want to reverse.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Fifty dollars for.. Anime Angela and Sera. What the gently caress.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The stats for whales on this game must be ridiculous.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

they know their audience

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

It's got 4000 credits which is better than the 500 credits that the Spider-Man/Sandman bundle had and that cost like $40.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

It's got 4000 credits which is better than the 500 credits that the Spider-Man/Sandman bundle had and that cost like $40.

That was only $20. I almost pulled the trigger on it but thankfully I pulled Sandman before I gave in.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's not a good value but people can be convinced into buying it because they get so much CL from all the credits in the bundle. That way they have a chance to either get a bunch of cards at once or speed up the process of grabbing those Series 4 and 5 cards.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One good thing about Infinaut Control is that it's not meta anymore so no one recognizes when I skip turn 5.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Finally hit 90 off of people playing before their coffee this morning, no one was snapping aggressively and all the leeches whiffed.

Kind of sick of cerebro and got winter patriot so I'm back on ultron I guess.

Had a mishap at the cloning vat:

Right lane was -1 cost to all cards. I had 2 cerebros and I think multiple man in vat. Opponent had maximus in vat as well, with priority it kept me from redrawing cerebro when they played it turn 4. I was worried about aero or just double sixes so I witched the -1 cost lane, dumping both cerebros and multiple man into Fisk Tower immediately.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Walla posted:

One good thing about Infinaut Control is that it's not meta anymore so no one recognizes when I skip turn 5.

This is honestly one of my favorite things about the game; if possible, you can get sweaty as hell and craft top tier complete decks or you can craft a deck that was meta two or three cycles ago and people aren't anywhere near as prepared for it. That or you have some decks that just always fly under the radar which is how I think late drop zoo decks are still incredibly productive.

The amount of viable decks out there at any time is so high.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
They still haven't fixed the cache glitch and I'm 12 deep now. It's really killed my give-a-poo poo about the game because there are literally dozens of us on the Discord complaining about the same problem and they have yet to say one goddamn word about it since everyone is on vacation and the season is nearly over. If I don't get the rewards I'm owed, I'm done.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol I didn't realize some of these bundles are cash only, gently caress off.

Sunspot seems like good value for my gold, are there any upcoming datamined ones? I'm sitting on like 7k gold

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

At 330 right now. Of all the cards said I have... Bishop.

I got to rank 48 and ever since it seems like I've only won maybe 10% of the games I've played. Down to 43 now and everyone seems to just be hard countering any decks I try. But I'm still grinding, baby.

Oh, so you're still unlocking Pool 2. Yeah, at that stage, you're not going to have any of those cards except Surfer, as they're all Pool 3+. For an early Pool 1-2 Surfer deck, you want something more like, uhh,

Domino
Silver Surfer
Bishop
Wolfsbane
Mister Fantastic
Storm
Captain America
Cosmo
Groot
Killmonger
Iron Man
America Chavez

Tender Bender posted:

Lol I didn't realize some of these bundles are cash only, gently caress off.

Sunspot seems like good value for my gold, are there any upcoming datamined ones? I'm sitting on like 7k gold

Nothing past the new year currently. Persumably since all the Devs are on their holiday.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Nothing past the new year currently. Persumably since all the Devs are on their holiday.

Actually because they have to be datamined from a patch that hasn't been released yet. As soon as the Zabu season patch hits, we'll know what all the next month's bundles are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I found a bug where the retreat button is disabled on certain turns, or totally during a match on the IOS client [never had this issue on steam]. Sent the videos to Second Dinner so we'll see what happens. It feels really bad to not being able to retreat on T5/T6 when the other player cubes. Had it happen 6 times last night.