Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
braylon edwards

there's a name i haven't thought about in 18 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thought of him in october.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

BlindSite posted:

Caddy Williams, Cedric Benson and can't remember the third dude the dolphins took. 2007 iirc.

All 3 of em kind of a footnote.

Ronnie Brown. He did the wildcat.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

braylon edwards

there's a name i haven't thought about in 18 years

Hands of stone was his problem wasn't it?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Best player from that first round Thomas Davis.

Don't @me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Best player from that first round Thomas Davis.

Don't @me

Won't argue with you, but Derrick Johnson was pretty good going one pick after him.

Agreed about that Rodgers fool, ignore that poo poo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

adaz posted:

He had one great year in Cleveland with Derek Anderson and could make some crazy acrobatic catches now and then, but was never consistent.

Troy Williamson was the one with the infamously bad hands and the highlight reel of passes hitting literally as perfectly as they possibly could and him flat dropping them.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Braylon was Agholor before Agholor

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

adaz posted:

He was a weird guy who would make amazing circus catches but regularly drop perfect passes that hit him in stride. Had good chemistry with Mark Sanchez as a result.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BrownThunder posted:

Wait what's this have to do with each other? They weren't rivals at all. Is this some dogwhistle type of poo poo from the same forum where they allowed a thread titled N*****R to stay up for months? If not who cares about this comparison?

I'm not even a Panthers or Pats fan but boy howdy this seems extra petty for no reason.

Lmao perfectly normal response right here

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

2005:

LOL Troy Williamson and Mike Williams

Two all-time swings and misses by the Vikings and Lions.

Cedric loving Benson

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

He had one great year in Cleveland with Derek Anderson and could make some crazy acrobatic catches now and then, but was never consistent.

Troy Williamson was the one with the infamously bad hands and the highlight reel of passes hitting literally as perfectly as they possibly could and him flat dropping them.
That Derek Anderson year in Cleveland really had me believing for a minute there. But the owner fired Chudzinsky anyway, right?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao perfectly normal response right here
Surely, surely, fsif wouldnt have any clue what they were talking about before posting something that specific. Not as someone who has been posting here for probably over a decade that hasnt said anything racist before that I can remember. No it must be some racist poo poo. No other option.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 31, 2022

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That Derek Anderson year in Cleveland really had me believing for a minute there. But the owner fired Chudzinsky anyway, right?

No, Romeo Crenel was the head coach and got another season after that. They fired literally everyone when they went 4-12 the following year. That was also under the old owner, who was kind of the opposite kind of bad as Haslam. Randy Learner was a super hands off owner who supposedly didn't care much about the team after inheriting it from his father.

Chudzinsky was a Haslam hire and fire.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I remember being so mad when the lions took Big Mike Williams.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gonz posted:

2005:

LOL Troy Williamson and Mike Williams

Two all-time swings and misses by the Vikings and Lions.

Mike Williams wasn't even that bad, he was just fine, and yes I know its not tampa mike

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wilderthanmild posted:

No, Romeo Crenel was the head coach and got another season after that. They fired literally everyone when they went 4-12 the following year. That was also under the old owner, who was kind of the opposite kind of bad as Haslam. Randy Learner was a super hands off owner who supposedly didn't care much about the team after inheriting it from his father.

Chudzinsky was a Haslam hire and fire.
Ah thank you for the clarification, the history of the Browns is so complicated due to the constant coaching turnover and I have a hard time keeping it straight.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Surely, surely, fsif wouldnt have any clue what they were talking about before posting something that specific. Not as someone who has been posting here for probably over a decade that hasnt said anything racist before that I can remember. No it must be some racist poo poo. No other option.

I can understand why something perceived as an esoteric swipe at Newton could raise an eyebrow, especially considering the tone of a lot commentary on him throughout his career.

But yeah, to be very explicit, it was intended as just a joke about the draft class. I don't think the quintessential draft bust punchline that is Blaine Gabbert had a better career than Newton just because his was longer via technicality.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, he did because his was longer via technicality and he has a ring :colbert:

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Am I crazy, or did Trace McSorely not look particularly bad? Like at the very least I wouldn't blame him for the Cards losing. Switching to David Blough, who you signed on December 14th and did not look any better when he last started in 2019 seems weird or yea, tanking as hard as possible.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

syzpid posted:

Am I crazy, or did Trace McSorely not look particularly bad? Like at the very least I wouldn't blame him for the Cards losing. Switching to David Blough, who you signed on December 14th and did not look any better when he last started in 2019 seems weird or yea, tanking as hard as possible.

It's reorganizing deck chairs on the titanic. This roster outside WR and QB is a barren wasteland of mismanagement and injury.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not so much that he lost the game for them outright and he didn't look historically hosed up and like he needs to be released immediately but he looked quite bad and they would have won the game with a slightly better but still bad performance. they would be worse off for it if that had happened though and he deserves credit for carrying any sort of nfl offense at this stage of his career even if it sucked.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was cool for the 49ers to have the first pick in one of the worst drafts of all time.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Was cool for the 49ers to have the first pick in one of the worst drafts of all time.

If only there would have been a HOF QB from the state available in that draft...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was a below average draft but almost everybody hosed up very early on. another thing about that draft is that it had a defender named cj mosley in it. that's an interesting name to make it to the nfl twice in 10 years in my opinion. others make it within the same draft which is probably weirder but i just don't get the same feeling about a name like alex smith or josh allen. but back to what i was saying. in a re-draft, 2005 wouldn't look that bad since you'd have chris harris, jay ratliff, trent cole, and more up there. it would look really bad after the 2nd round however. but somethign that doesn't come up is how david pollack was going to be a hofer, and it was going to be the best linebacker draft ever, but he medically retired because he was going to have to keep playing for the cincinnati bengals.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fsif posted:

I can understand why something perceived as an esoteric swipe at Newton could raise an eyebrow, especially considering the tone of a lot commentary on him throughout his career.

yeah, given the way he's been talked about since he was drafted (including some posters in this forum) it's not an absurd conclusion to jump to. but funny nonetheless

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waltzing Along posted:

Just imagine if Alex Smith had decent coaches for the first half decade of his career.

unl33t posted:

If only there would have been a HOF QB from the state available in that draft...

The mid-00s Niners would've crashed Rodgers into the dirt so goddamn hard.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alex Smith rules so hard

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alex Smith rules so hard

:hmmyes:

Also, Rodgers spent a lot of his time on the bench in Green Bay learning, particularly once McCarthy was hired in 2006 and they basically undid his Jeff Tedford throwing mechanics over the next year or two. The Rodgers that people first noticed in the NFL when he came in to replace an injured Favre in a game at Dallas during the 2007 season and then really saw in 2008 when he became the starter wasn’t the same QB as he was drafted in 2005.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just imagine if Alex Smith had decent coaches for the first half decade of his career.
"Parade of imbeciles" - a niners fan, here probably, maybe even you

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I thought there was football today?! What is this day of rest poo poo? What is this bullshit?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hughmoris posted:

I thought there was football today?! What is this day of rest poo poo? What is this bullshit?

It's a Saturday my dude.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

It's a Saturday my dude.

A Saturday with college games on so the NFL stays out of the window per their antitrust agreement.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It's a Saturday my dude.

I don't fuckin care, it don't matter to football jesus

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Docjowles posted:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Dabo played (and lost) last night, though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

"Parade of imbeciles" - a niners fan, here probably, maybe even you

Oh it really was. We had a parade of some of the just plain stupidest people to ever coach in the NFL. We had talent on the field, enough that an actually good coach could turn us around in exactly one (1) season. 6-10 in 2010 to 13-3 and the NFCCG in 2011. Alex Smith went from a 14/10 TD/INT ratio to 17/5.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

BrownThunder posted:

Wait what's this have to do with each other? They weren't rivals at all. Is this some dogwhistle type of poo poo from the same forum where they allowed a thread titled N*****R to stay up for months? If not who cares about this comparison?

I'm not even a Panthers or Pats fan but boy howdy this seems extra petty for no reason.

bumping this post

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I agree it's sad to see BT fall from grace so badly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It would be interesting to find out what Adam Jones's career would have looked like if he hadn't had the extracurriculars. The tail end of his career with the Bengals he was one of the best players on the roster.

Edit: If there was any justice in the world Newton would be able to pursue lost salary from the NFL for the way they officiated his games. The way people were allowed to tee off on him would have been exceptional if he had just been a skill player, let alone for a quarterback. The Broncos game I want to say Week 1 of '16 or '17 was criminally negligent.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cedric loving Benson

Remember when he dropped like 200+ yards on the Bears the year after they dropped him?