Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

for a moment i thought i had sera in the store, i hate the anime bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

TengenNewsEditor posted:

for a moment i thought i had sera in the store, i hate the anime bundle

If I were rich or could do it for free, I would play decks made entirely of anime or pixel variants.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Big K of Justice posted:

I found a bug where the retreat button is disabled on certain turns, or totally during a match on the IOS client [never had this issue on steam]. Sent the videos to Second Dinner so we'll see what happens. It feels really bad to not being able to retreat on T5/T6 when the other player cubes. Had it happen 6 times last night.

Did you snap when the Retreat button was only disabled on certain turns? Because you can't retreat on the turn you snapped unless you're snapped back.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Jedit posted:

Did you snap when the Retreat button was only disabled on certain turns? Because you can't retreat on the turn you snapped unless you're snapped back.

I didn't snap on those turns. The opponent snapped, and I couldn't. I first I thought it was magik interaction or wave use but nope.

I brought receipts, I got multiple mp4's and images of it happening, including games with no snapping. Got a report made just got to wait for the team to come back from vacation next week.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 31, 2022

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This guy was so mad. Turn 3 was Storm + Mr. Fantastic, Turn 4 was Scarlet Witch into Enchantress. He spammed "I don't believe you" half a dozen times.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Skippy McPants posted:

If I were rich or could do it for free, I would play decks made entirely of anime or pixel variants.
Big same

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Walla posted:

This guy was so mad. Turn 3 was Storm + Mr. Fantastic, Turn 4 was Scarlet Witch into Enchantress. He spammed "I don't believe you" half a dozen times.

Could you please timg these posts? Pictures very large.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Tender Bender posted:

Lol I didn't realize some of these bundles are cash only, gently caress off.

Sunspot seems like good value for my gold, are there any upcoming datamined ones? I'm sitting on like 7k gold

Sunspot is barely worse value than the Apocalypse bundle was; it is definitely worth the gold if you're spendin' the bars. It translates to about 200CL or so all at once from the credits.

Also Hottie Sunspottie is the best variant out of all the bundles so far, so bonus.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

Sunspot is barely worse value than the Apocalypse bundle was; it is definitely worth the gold if you're spendin' the bars. It translates to about 200CL or so all at once from the credits.

Also Hottie Sunspottie is the best variant out of all the bundles so far, so bonus.

Someone did that math on that bundle, and it turns out to be slightly worse credits per gold than reloading on Dailies at 120 a pop. However, you also get the 2000 Collecter's Tokens, which're the most valuable currency in the game. It's likely that the big gold bundles with Collecter's Tokens will be the best things to spend on whenever they come around.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

Sorry. I'm using the app. Never noticed the thumbnail option.

Edit: That wasn't any smaller on my screen.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

it's actually too big to read lmao

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Studio posted:

it's actually too big to read lmao

Weird.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Someone did that math on that bundle, and it turns out to be slightly worse credits per gold than reloading on Dailies at 120 a pop. However, you also get the 2000 Collecter's Tokens, which're the most valuable currency in the game. It's likely that the big gold bundles with Collecter's Tokens will be the best things to spend on whenever they come around.

Yeah, absolutely: it's the collectors tokens that push it over the top. Any bundle without collectors tokens is something something that drake meme everyone used until they realized he was a creep.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Fifty dollars for.. Anime Angela and Sera. What the gently caress.

$69 in Canada

Not nice :negative:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

is the sera/angela bundle so much worse because you can buy it directly with $, as opposed to the sunspot bundle, which you either had to buy two $40 gold purchases or one $100 gold purchase?

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Walla posted:

Sorry. I'm using the app. Never noticed the thumbnail option.

Edit: That wasn't any smaller on my screen.

Looks fine on my PC screen, its almost full size but it fits. I guess it depends on what monitor people are using. Pixel density on mobile phones is pretty crazy these days.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

is the sera/angela bundle so much worse because you can buy it directly with $, as opposed to the sunspot bundle, which you either had to buy two $40 gold purchases or one $100 gold purchase?

You get a reasonable amount of gold handed to you, it’s entirely possible to buy the Sunspot bundle without having spent a dime, whereas you have no choice but to use real money if, for some reason, you wanted the other bundle

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Don't underestimate the power of anime

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Turns out my deck is very weak to Professor X and Destroyer combo. Running Armor when destroyer is around makes their lives easier. I ran into a few in a row.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

The credits you get are at least about the same value as if you used the—relatively inefficient—credit buy option in the store. The bundles that really suck are the ones like the Spider-man one that just ended, where you're basically just paying for the cosmetic.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Really they could fix a lot of these bundles if they gave you the base card along with the variant, and some amount of credits/gold/boosters/whatever if you already have the base card. They'd still be crazy whaletown, but the idea of buying Sera to finally have the card and then Sera pulling out of my boxes on my next unlock is peak Feels Bad. I'm already waiting for the worthless Nick Fury unlock to waste my time now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol just finished a game where I played Zola last turn and my opponent played a 0-cost Leader from The Raft followed by Odin. Literally had 2 minutes of Zolas copying other Zolas and Leaders which would then play more Zolas which would destroy the others and make room for new cards until it finally ended up in a configuration with all spaces full. Very funny poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Guy used Leader on Kamar Taj but I'd used Zola and he had Deathlok there. It took about 2 minutes to resolve everything but also wiped him out nearly entirely.
Nothing is more satisfying in this game than Leader players blowing themselves up

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Guy used Leader on Kamar Taj but I'd used Zola and he had Deathlok there. It took about 2 minutes to resolve everything but also wiped him out nearly entirely.
Nothing is more satisfying in this game than Leader players blowing themselves up

Thank you for your service.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Looking for some Ultron ideas. I have patriot and mystique, but hate the way most Ultron decks feel like a bad version of Zoo when you don't draw both patriot and Ultron (and probably need one other buff on top of that). Anything with an alternate win condition? Electro ramp with patriot/Ultron or something?

So far the meta versions of the deck just feel like even more feast or famine and needs aggressive retreat play even more than usual. You can sneak out a good bit of 4s but feel equally likely to lose 8 when they have any number of answers to your heavily telegraphed play.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
You can run Kazar, Blue Marvel, and Onslaught to pad out the buffs if you don't draw Patriot. Kazar is a bit iffy as it relies almost entirely on using Ultron, but it's a 4/4 body if nothing else. Plus, more targets for mystique

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Zodack posted:

You can run Kazar, Blue Marvel, and Onslaught to pad out the buffs if you don't draw Patriot. Kazar is a bit iffy as it relies almost entirely on using Ultron, but it's a 4/4 body if nothing else. Plus, more targets for mystique

Yeah that's what I meant by worse zoo without the combo draws. The games relying on that backup vs other higher meta decks I see in the 65 range are almost always a loss if we go to 6 so I'm looking to build something different around it.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

At 330 right now. Of all the cards said I have... Bishop.

I got to rank 48 and ever since it seems like I've only won maybe 10% of the games I've played. Down to 43 now and everyone seems to just be hard countering any decks I try. But I'm still grinding, baby.

I'm almost the same CL and also got to rank 48/49 pretty easily, then repeatedly failed to progress to 50. I wonder if there's a matchmaking breakpoint around there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

distortion park posted:

I'm almost the same CL and also got to rank 48/49 pretty easily, then repeatedly failed to progress to 50. I wonder if there's a matchmaking breakpoint around there.

I don't know if it's accurate, but I've heard that 50+ is all one pool, including infinite ranked players. I certainly saw a lot more pool 4 and 5 cards once I hit 50.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Big thanks to whoever posted about Google Rewards. The surveys are dumb as hell but they take 2 minutes and I usually get around $0.50 per, so should be enough to pay for the Season passes

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I'm around 80 and I use an Ultron deck with Blue Marvel and Patriot (with onslaught thrown in as an Ultron back up). I can't get beyond 83 with it, though.

Squirrel Girl
Iceman
Armor
Colossus
Shocker
Patriot
Brood
Shangchi
Thing
Blue Marvel
Onslaught
Ultron

Brood does a lot of heavy lifting.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh, so you're still unlocking Pool 2. Yeah, at that stage, you're not going to have any of those cards except Surfer, as they're all Pool 3+. For an early Pool 1-2 Surfer deck, you want something more like, uhh,

Don't have Storm but I'll try a variation. I happened to pull one from Agent 13 on my Dino deck and I made the goodest boy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

These are the two decks I'm having the most success climbing with currently, as they have a lot of meta answers and multiple win conditions. Closing in on 70 right now.

# (1) Agent 13
# (2) Cable
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Armor
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Juggernaut
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Leader
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1Z2dlcm5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMZWFkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Electro
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Leech
# (5) Black Panther
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Leader
# (6) Odin
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tQYW50aGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlYWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJbmZpbmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I was able to get to 70 last night. That's where I was last season so I'm SOMEWHAT progressing.

I'm just waiting here with my Darkhawk, Shuri, and Absorbing Man for Zabu to show up to make some busted rear end decks and run rampant before they nerf Zabu because I cannot imagine how it got past R&D at that state.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Got some anime waifus, unlocked a bunch of cards.

Lockjaw, Dagger, and Spider-Man.

Immediately plugged the friendly neighbourhood arachnid into my Galactus deck and I can report that it's as pleasingly oppressive as it should be.

Get absolutely and completely hosed, Mr Negative enjoyers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there like a guide for dummies for Mr. Negative decks? I feel like im not playing it right. I have more success with my vanilla surfer deck than what looks like the much stronger deck in Negative Surfer

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

the_american_dream posted:

Is there like a guide for dummies for Mr. Negative decks? I feel like im not playing it right. I have more success with my vanilla surfer deck than what looks like the much stronger deck in Negative Surfer

I don't have him, but it seems to be:

a) play Mr Negative
b) play hundreds of free cards getting thousands of points

No I'm not salty, why do you ask

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

I was able to get to 70 last night. That's where I was last season so I'm SOMEWHAT progressing.

I'm just waiting here with my Darkhawk, Shuri, and Absorbing Man for Zabu to show up to make some busted rear end decks and run rampant before they nerf Zabu because I cannot imagine how it got past R&D at that state.

I for one welcome our Negative Zabu 0 cost Wong/Shuri combo. Also Zabu benefits from Surfer!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

uXs posted:

I don't have him, but it seems to be:

a) play Mr Negative
b) play hundreds of free cards getting thousands of points

No I'm not salty, why do you ask

When I play him, you draw all your Negative Target cards before you play Negative. Negative and Iron Man in your opening hand are a match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

If you can't cheat him out with psylocke you want magick to get more value out of him. Sera also pairs well. Even dropping him on 4 can get you some cheeky wins though, as 5 and 6 are already fleshed out turns in a surfer deck so any freebies you draw are the icing on the cake. The deck can win without drawing Negative with surfer/brood/wolf/bishop, and Dino/Mystique is another combo for 5/6 if you don't get Surfer. Opponents tend to snap aggressively when you only have 1 card down going into 4, but you can also escape safely 99% of the time because you can see the math on 6 ahead of time and there's not much disruption you're worried about. It's a surprisingly consistent mid power deck that will beat most decks that don't draw their big stuff, and it has a huge power swing when things align that generally targets all 3 locations (most other decks don't).

This is what I do

# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (4) Mister Negative
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbHZlclN1cmZlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb2d1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJOZWdhdGl2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbGZzYmFuZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmFraWEifV19
#