Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jane Foster is also essential for Negative decks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm not sure what is meaner. That Leech took away the abilities from Heimdall, Frost and Captain America or that I still managed to win by proccing Ant Man on turn 6.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bottom Liner posted:

If you can't cheat him out with psylocke you want magick to get more value out of him. Sera also pairs well. Even dropping him on 4 can get you some cheeky wins though, as 5 and 6 are already fleshed out turns in a surfer deck so any freebies you draw are the icing on the cake. The deck can win without drawing Negative with surfer/brood/wolf/bishop, and Dino/Mystique is another combo for 5/6 if you don't get Surfer. Opponents tend to snap aggressively when you only have 1 card down going into 4, but you can also escape safely 99% of the time because you can see the math on 6 ahead of time and there's not much disruption you're worried about. It's a surprisingly consistent mid power deck that will beat most decks that don't draw their big stuff, and it has a huge power swing when things align that generally targets all 3 locations (most other decks don't).

This is what I do

# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (4) Mister Negative
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbHZlclN1cmZlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb2d1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJOZWdhdGl2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbGZzYmFuZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmFraWEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Thank you ill give this a shot. I didnt realize until you mentioned it but I dont have magik and that would help tremendously but good to see your version doesnt have her

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Finally got there... I spent all month failing with surfer decks and leech ramp decks but then I switched to a good deck and it was smooth.

The Red Skull is a troll slot it can be anything (it should probably be nightcrawler or leader). The two best cards in the game are Aero and Cosmo with priority.

EDIT: Just saw the new avatar! Funnily enough I got the last one from complaining about Yogg Saron so much back in 2017.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Trying to run surfer without brood (I am 200 tokens away from getting it in the shop!) and doing somewhat ok with this 3 heavy deck

Brood would be really nice tho, probably swap out killmonger.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Opopanax posted:

Jane Foster is also essential for Negative decks

the_american_dream posted:

Thank you ill give this a shot. I didnt realize until you mentioned it but I dont have magik and that would help tremendously but good to see your version doesnt have her

Jane I find to be a bit of a trap, unless you go all in on 0s and rely exclusively on the Negative combo with her. I couldn't find many wins that way though.

Magicka is such a double edged sword I waffled on her too. A lot of the popular decks right now felt like they got more out of a 7 than I did, but that's probably because I'm running Dino.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I finally got Wong now I’m never gonna lose again

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp, ran into a lane bug on the X-Mansion where two of my cards Kraven & Daredevil didn't trigger. I got Black Panther on turn 3 and dropped Dino turn 6 and both activated, I even had the Kraven eyes animation but he didn't trigger. I won anyways thanks to Professor X, but still annoying.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I decided to grind out a last minute level 60 and was rewarded with lucha libre warpath. Merry new year to me!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Made it to 50, but drat I hate Gamma Lab.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Meanwhile I'm in Electro heaven :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

Meanwhile I'm in Electro heaven :)

I've been running him in my Knull deck and he's low key an MVP there. Especially in that deck since I just kill him in the next round.

Hot location is the Gamma one again though, so guess I'm switching back to Patriot

Also gently caress off with this

I was kind of kidding before but honestly there should be a maximum amount of Pixel Variants available at a time

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I had a similar variant shop yesterday. 4 pixel variants and 2 others (neither any good). It's frustrating because the shop only rotates once a day.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

I've been running him in my Knull deck and he's low key an MVP there. Especially in that deck since I just kill him in the next round.

Hot location is the Gamma one again though, so guess I'm switching back to Patriot

Also gently caress off with this

I was kind of kidding before but honestly there should be a maximum amount of Pixel Variants available at a time

That Quake variant looks dope, though.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Sure feels good when your opponent uses Morph turn 2 and it turns into Ultron voiding both their empty lanes. :smug:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Pixeltendo posted:

Sure feels good when your opponent uses Morph turn 2 and it turns into Ultron voiding both their empty lanes. :smug:

Even better when the location that pulls a card from each hand does it on turn one!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't normally use Quake but District X gave me one and this was too funny not to do

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Gamma lab is so lame. Throw down a bunch of 1 cards and pray the other guy doesn’t whip out a shang chi, bleh! Not a fan.

I should really put shang chi in more decks for a bit :haw:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I just usually try to hold a Cosmo or Armor and play it on turn 4 to protect my thick, green boys. Also using arnim zola to move one in the other two lanes is a nice touch too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It seems like variants share progress towards card effects? I already had a hologram on default Storm, and when I hit infinite on her hero variant, it immediately got both the hologram and a particle effect.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Gamma Lab favored, my Patriot deck(Non winterized) has a time to shine.

And I just got Black Panther for my L****r deck. Shucks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tender Bender posted:

It seems like variants share progress towards card effects? I already had a hologram on default Storm, and when I hit infinite on her hero variant, it immediately got both the hologram and a particle effect.

That is correct. It also counts total splits, so if you've split the base card twice already your first split on a variant can be Inkify.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My Dino deck has been doing work because of this dumb gamma thing for some reason. Also helps that I dropped Onslaught and went with America. Seems I get Dino fairy consistently now.

Also, what the gently caress, Ego?

I managed to win because he dropped a 1/2 in the middle for me and Iron Man for the other guy. He played Colossus on the left for the other dude like 3 times and it just kept returning to his hand.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

My Dino deck has been doing work because of this dumb gamma thing for some reason. Also helps that I dropped Onslaught and went with America. Seems I get Dino fairy consistently now.

Also, what the gently caress, Ego?

I managed to win because he dropped a 1/2 in the middle for me and Iron Man for the other guy. He played Colossus on the left for the other dude like 3 times and it just kept returning to his hand.

This is what I see with no timg'd cell phone images lol. Cell phone resolutions are bonkers

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

No Wave posted:

Finally got there... I spent all month failing with surfer decks and leech ramp decks but then I switched to a good deck and it was smooth.

The Red Skull is a troll slot it can be anything (it should probably be nightcrawler or leader). The two best cards in the game are Aero and Cosmo with priority.

EDIT: Just saw the new avatar! Funnily enough I got the last one from complaining about Yogg Saron so much back in 2017.

Me too! With a similar deck to boot. It's amazing how strong a lot of the pool 1 and 2 cards are. I played a lot of patriot this season and this deck got me from 90-100

Leader I barely played and when I did I usually lost. At higher ranks people are either playing around him or retreating if they think you've got him.

I cut him for Shang Chi today for the gamma labs and didn't miss him.

Quinjet isn't necessary but it can be nice with moongirl, white queen and sentinel for extra power. People would killmonger it and snap and then lose because they thought it was essential to the deck and it isn't. The only pool 3 card I think is pretty essential is Aero.

Time to make some dumb lockjaw decks now and go donate cubes to people.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 1, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

priznat posted:

Gamma lab is so lame. Throw down a bunch of 1 cards and pray the other guy doesn’t whip out a shang chi, bleh! Not a fan.

I should really put shang chi in more decks for a bit :haw:

Playing without Shang Chi is just throwing Cubes away while Gama Labs is hot.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Me too! With a similar deck to boot. It's amazing how strong a lot of the pool 1 and 2 cards are. I played a lot of patriot this season and this deck got me from 90-100

Leader I barely played and when I did I usually lost. At higher ranks people are either playing around him or retreating if they think you've got him.

I cut him for Shang Chi today for the gamma labs and didn't miss him.

Quinjet isn't necessary but it can be nice with moongirl, white queen and sentinel for extra power. People would killmonger it and snap and then lose because they thought it was essential to the deck and it isn't. The only pool 3 card I think is pretty essential is Aero.

Time to make some dumb lockjaw decks now and go donate cubes to people.

Why would you call Aero essential? As a fellow Devil Dino player, I'm always looking to improve.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

She’s one of the best control pieces in the game. The ability to decide where your opponent’s cards land during a crucial turn is huge. Both for power swings and for messing with combos.

Edit: like, “oh, you wanted to Zola that Black Panther on 6? So sorry. Four cubes please.” Obviously she works best in lists that care about keeping ahold of priority.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 1, 2023

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, basically that. You can move all of their cards off Wong, move Destroyer off Cosmo, make them play everything on turn 6 in the one lane they were already winning etc.

She is just super flexible and has pretty great stats considering how strong her ability is. I might even consider swapping the Leader for Magneto in that deck for extra disruption with great stats.

There were definitely times I lost games and then realised if instead of whatever I played, if I had played Aero I had a guaranteed win. she takes some finessing but once you get there she is pure gold.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I also don't get why people who have the "Herald of Galactus" title ever retreat? Like why does getting a higher rank than 100 matter at all? Once there is a leaderboard then sure, but no one can see it past your title so who gives a gently caress? While climbing so many people with the title would retreat when I snapped instead of riding it out and donating some cubes.

I've just spent the last hour snapping turn 1 and encouraging my opponent to snap as much as possible through the emote system. Then I pretty much only play lockjaw so I can guarantee M'Baku gets to jump out at the end for fun.

Then against other infinites I play a real game with a roulette lockjaw. It baffles me that so many people in infinite are rolling with top tier meta decks and retreating/snapping as if it loving matters at all.

e: loving hell you just can't help some people.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 1, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quackles posted:

Why would you call Aero essential? As a fellow Devil Dino player, I'm always looking to improve.
She answers pretty much every card in the game. By default Dino lists are usually built to have a strong early curve and then are winning two locations going into turn 6. Then you just aero into your losing lane and win 90% of the time. But she does a ton of deck/matchup specific stuff, you can move galactuses and white tigers and arnim zolas into the wrong place. You can't beat Deathwave without being able to Aero their three cards into a single losing lane which is why I agree she's critical for the list to climb.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Yeah, basically that. You can move all of their cards off Wong, move Destroyer off Cosmo, make them play everything on turn 6 in the one lane they were already winning etc.

She is just super flexible and has pretty great stats considering how strong her ability is. I might even consider swapping the Leader for Magneto in that deck for extra disruption with great stats.

There were definitely times I lost games and then realised if instead of whatever I played, if I had played Aero I had a guaranteed win. she takes some finessing but once you get there she is pure gold.

One of the most critical things about Aero, and a big part of what makes her so much better than other movement control cards, is that she can move unrevealed cards. Options like Polaris or Magneto will only move cards if they're already flipped, but Aero gives zero fucks.

Dropping her on Fisk Tower and watching it obliterate their 5-drop without me ever knowing which of their sick plays just got blowed up is a true delight.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 1, 2023

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

No Wave posted:

She answers pretty much every card in the game. By default Dino lists are usually built to have a strong early curve and then are winning two locations going into turn 6. Then you just aero into your losing lane and win 90% of the time. But she does a ton of deck/matchup specific stuff, you can move galactuses and white tigers and arnim zolas into the wrong place. You can't beat Deathwave without being able to Aero their three cards into a single losing lane which is why I agree she's critical for the list to climb.

Oh, opponent is snapping after T5 wave? Would be a shame if they ended up dumping 31 power into a single lane…

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Started using the Wong/Mystique to Gambit combo in my Negative deck and...it's absolutely devastating.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

Playing without Shang Chi is just throwing Cubes away while Gama Labs is hot.

Who needs Shang Chi? I just remove the lab with Storm or Scarlet Witch.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Well, that’s a thing that just happened.

My Scarlet Witch turned the right location into Project Pegasus (9 energy), Mirror Dimension copied it (for 14), and then Superflow added one more for good measure.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So I followed the thread's advice and bought the Sunspot pack. Spending all those credits I earned a bunch of new cards, including Juggernaut (who I've wanted forever for my control deck) and Rogue (winter variant and didn't have her already). Got the winter variants for Patriot and Abomination too. Also got Zero and Attuma so I'm trying to make some Big Guy Zero deck work. It's fun times over here.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

So I followed the thread's advice and bought the Sunspot pack. Spending all those credits I earned a bunch of new cards, including Juggernaut (who I've wanted forever for my control deck) and Rogue (winter variant and didn't have her already). Got the winter variants for Patriot and Abomination too. Also got Zero and Attuma so I'm trying to make some Big Guy Zero deck work. It's fun times over here.

Juggernaut rules, and this is a great featured location for him. Also I am not a big fan of most of the "baby" variants but his is great, one of my favs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I finally got Mysterio, way down near the bottom of the barrel of remaining S3 cards. I was surprised looking through popular decks that he's not really being run anywhere right now though -- I wouldn't have thought the 1 power nerf hurt him that much, I guess he just doesn't jive with anything else in the meta currently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

No Wave posted:

Any suggestion for a Maria Hill replacement? I get she feeds Dino more cards, and 2/3 isn't bad for curve either.