Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Merry Christmas

https://twitter.com/smaho_neko/status/1606644454227836928?s=20&t=HrJGN2XTMccH8jsAjak4AQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Me being creative in BotW: Maybe if I stack some things, I can get on top of this block :hmmyes:

Internet people being creative in BotW:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I thought this was a ToTK clip with a new flying thing at first lol.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Barreft posted:

I thought this was a ToTK clip with a new flying thing at first lol.

lol same

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

link being a complete menace should be canon

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
He can't wait to bomb some dodongos bokoblins.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AlphaKeny1 posted:

link being a complete menace should be canon

It is though, every game he's killing local fauna, blowing up holes in ancient temples all the time and stealing treasure for himself.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sigher posted:

It is though, every game he's killing local fauna, blowing up holes in ancient temples all the time and stealing treasure for himself.

Hero poo poo.

What's not ok is the Cucco-bothering and pot-smashing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/1608659138883510274

Just pointless hypothesizing, but if I had one wish for this game it'd be having a WWHD-esque setup to drop dumb screenshots and drawings in bottles all over the game world for other people to enjoy

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'd take botw x journey

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Here's my screenshot, except i hacked my switch and it's not really a screenshot, it's a picture of my butt hole.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Here's my screenshot, except i hacked my switch and it's not really a screenshot, it's a picture of my butt hole.

Playable Zelda.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Dark souls messages.

Just a field of them in front of Sidon saying "Egg, Plant!"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Try finger,
but hole

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

External Organs posted:

I'd take botw x journey
BotW was already Zelda + Journey, so why not?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Leaked Images of the alleged Tears of the Kingdom OLED

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-leaked-images-of-tears-of-the-kingdom-special-edition-oled-switch.670093/

ITT before the Switch Pro/2 comments

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TL posted:

Finished Twilight Princess HD last night. I still like the game very much, but it does a terrible job of making use of Link’s inventory. I realized I barely used the Spinner, Dominion Rod, and Ball and Chain outside their dungeons, and I never once used the Ghost Lantern. I also forgot how short Hyrule Castle is for a last dungeon. Still, a solid B+ of a Zelda game, which puts it ahead of like 95% of every other game.

I moved on to Link’s Awakening after TP, and man, this game is better at making use of the inventory in every way. Every item is used repeatedly, and there’s multiple ways to use different items to accomplish the same thing. I forgot what an utter delight this game is.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/1608659138883510274

Just pointless hypothesizing, but if I had one wish for this game it'd be having a WWHD-esque setup to drop dumb screenshots and drawings in bottles all over the game world for other people to enjoy

I bet they tie free dlc to an online subscription, that’s it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

glassyalabolas posted:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-leaked-images-of-tears-of-the-kingdom-special-edition-oled-switch.670093/

That whole thread is very funny, people sure are desperate for new hardware

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

glassyalabolas posted:

That's... kinda ugly, probably looks better without a jank photo and in person.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TL posted:

I moved on to Link’s Awakening after TP, and man, this game is better at making use of the inventory in every way. Every item is used repeatedly, and there’s multiple ways to use different items to accomplish the same thing. I forgot what an utter delight this game is.

Yeah it does this actually a lot better than Link to the Past that preceded it. Link's Awakening is a great game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Thinking about those two games together, what they really needed to do to make the ball and chain useful was to make it a ball and chain chomp, which you could equip to have it passively eat nearby enemies as you run around

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Edit: missed the point

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm having a little bit of extra fun playing as the Hero of Time

If only the Mirror Shield was available

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is that Amiibo stuff or mod stuff?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The 30th Anniversary Series OoT Link drops the outfit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I had a lot of fun with the original Link outfit. That NES era artwork will always be my Link.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The N64 ones were my first Zeldas so the Hero of Time is my most specialest Link. I also got the amiibo for Majora's Mask Link, which gave the Fierce Deity outfit.

I haven't gotten the swords off either of them yet but I think those are gated by the number of Beasts you've done. I wanted to get the Master Sword before doing any of them and only beat the bird last night.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Open Marriage Night posted:

I had a lot of fun with the original Link outfit. That NES era artwork will always be my Link.

Same, I played the hell out of the game as OG Link and I loved it.

Shiroc posted:

I haven't gotten the swords off either of them yet but I think those are gated by the number of Beasts you've done.

I don't believe they are, I think it's completely RNG based and the weapons tend to be really low RNG rates.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Hopefully they drop before I finish the game. I save scummed for a while to get the clothing to drop. I've been getting dupes on those now before I've seen the swords once.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think it took me around 30 minutes to save scum everything from all of the amiibos, it's annoying. The weapons are a 10% drop chance according to a Zelda wiki.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scan the amiibo and if you don’t get the drop you want, reload a save and scan it again. You can get a full set in three days. If you got $20 you can buy a pack of 3rd party amiibo cards from Amazon and not have to collect the real ones. There’s also a programmable card you can buy but it only works with an Android phone, not Apple last I check.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
New Zelda comes out this year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I’ll believe it when I see it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Scan the amiibo and if you don’t get the drop you want, reload a save and scan it again. You can get a full set in three days. If you got $20 you can buy a pack of 3rd party amiibo cards from Amazon and not have to collect the real ones. There’s also a programmable card you can buy but it only works with an Android phone, not Apple last I check.

There is an iOS one called Amiiboss that is great.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Definitely triple check your phone capabilities before paying for anything NFC related, at least on the Android side. I got all excited to try that for Animal Crossing and bought some tags after seeing my phone model listed as having NFC capability, only to find out that only international versions of it can actually do that, not my US one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I bought a pack of all the Zelda tags on Etsy for $15. Works great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://a.co/d/4sRLXQj

Worth every penny if you’re a huge BOTW fan. It’s fun to get off the plateau and scan in all this OP poo poo with only 3 hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cartoon Man posted:

Scan the amiibo and if you don’t get the drop you want, reload a save and scan it again. You can get a full set in three days.

You can change the clock on your Switch and get them all in a single sitting.