Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ced had a solid two or so years for us where he was genuinely very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dabo was a roulette-style game of chance developed by the Ferengi. When one won, it was customary to shout "Dabo!". Given the "profit at any price" philosophy of the Ferengi, it was not uncommon to find that a dabo table had been rigged.

Seems suspicious

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCity...web2x&context=3

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ESPN posted:

Atlanta Falcons practice squad wide receiver Cameron Batson was arrested early Saturday morning after allegedly fighting with police following a traffic stop and fleeing the scene.

According to a release from the Atlanta Police Department, Batson was pulled over around 2 a.m. Saturday after speeding and failing to maintain his lane on an interstate. Police said Batson was deemed intoxicated by an officer before the situation turned physical after the wide receiver allegedly resisted arrest.

During the altercation, according to police, the officer fired his gun, hitting no one, before Batson got back into his truck and drove away. Police say he crashed the truck, fled on foot and was found hiding by police and arrested.

Both Batson and the officer were taken to the hospital for treatment. No details of charges against Batson were immediately available.

The Falcons released a statement acknowledging Batson's arrest.

"We have been made aware of an overnight incident involving Cameron Batson and are currently gathering information from law enforcement agencies," the team said. "We take this matter seriously and have no further comment at this time."

Batson has been on the Falcons' practice squad since being cut in training camp. He previously spent four years with the Tennessee Titans, appearing in 27 games with 22 receptions for 197 yards and two touchdowns

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
He fired a fuckin' gunshot?

Like, yes, I see "was driving drunk, pulled over, crashed car". But the cop tried to shoot him?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I keep forgetting just how many Titans castoffs ended up on the Falcons.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Redeye Flight posted:

He fired a fuckin' gunshot?

Like, yes, I see "was driving drunk, pulled over, crashed car". But the cop tried to shoot him?
I'm assuming Batson is black so yes of course guns were drawn.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm assuming Batson is black so yes of course guns were drawn.

You are correct

I’m sure the cop “was afraid for their life” or whatever :jerkbag:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

best part of Cedric benson was the rest of the team had no idea why he was drafted when they had Thomas jones and Benson was lit up on every single training camp play.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I had to double check to confirm that Cedric Benson had in fact died

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

Wait, he died?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i had no idea either. motorcycle accident on 2222.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

Yeah I had forgotten all about that.

That era was also kinda interesting for there being hold outs every year with like 5 or 6 players every draft while contract language was hammered out and first round picks were routinely becoming the highest paid players at their positions.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alaois posted:

Wait what the gently caress :negative:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cedric benson endangered a great number of people during his battle with alcoholism, and enabled the bengals to draft aj green, clint boling, and andy dalton after a season in which he fumbled 100 times. Rest in peace.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dating back to 1956, Benson also ranks in the top 15 in career rushing yards and rushing touchdowns throughout the entirety of FBS football

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

:shrug:

Every injury concern people have with Jimmy is just as valid for Lance, and both last played a full season anywhere in 2019. I would trust Purdy over either of them, and Jimmy over Lance

Lance needed another surgery btw https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-qb-trey-lance-underwent-second-surgery-expected-to-return-for-otas

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s not uncommon to have hardware removed after bones heal. Healing bones regularly push out screws for example.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1609561488414457861?s=46&t=PRvRbAyjRVRsIeUPhgi7Dg

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Barkley I can understand, kind of a risk between his injury history and being a RB in the modern NFL, but he does have much higher upside than most other RBs that he's worth the risk.

Daniel Jones though, lol lmao

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I wonder what that contract is, though. "Here's a two year, $45 million contract."

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
3 for jones 4 for Saquon.

Book it.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

Barkley I can understand, kind of a risk between his injury history and being a RB in the modern NFL, but he does have much higher upside than most other RBs that he's worth the risk.

I dunno, given the Giants' draft position and Daboll's track record with developing QBs, giving Jones a short term deal doesn't feel like the worst gamble in the world.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jones becomes a bottleneck but you’re not developing any QB with the current WR group.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah it'd be way more newsworthy if they weren't offering contracts. Doesn't really indicate whether or not they will be competitive contracts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the Giants roster is bad enough that riding Jones for a year or two while you put pieces around him should be fine.

Not the worst plan when they actually stumbled onto a really good coach.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Barkley's injury history I think isn't as bad as it's sometimes made out to be. He had an ankle injury early in 2019 that could have happened to anyone (He got rolled up on during a tackle in the game against Tampa Bay that was coincidentally Jones' first start) that caused him to miss 3 games and limited him in a few others when he came back, but otherwise still was effective, particularly later in the season. He blew out his knee two games into 2020. That may have limited him when he came back in 2021, but 2021 also had everything related to Joe Judge and Jason Garrett running the offense and for that alone I'm willing to give a pass to basically everything that happened that year. He's looked back to form this year, even without the team having much of a threat in the passing game, so I'm fine with the team bringing him back.

For Jones... as others have said, I'm not sure they can get a better option. They likely won't be in a spot to draft a high prospect, the list of potential free agents isn't inspiring (Baker Mayfield? Sam Darnold? Jimmy G?), and the guys potentially available in the trade market isn't much better (Carr?) and may not be worth the capital it would require. Jones feels like he can be a perfectly cromulent QB option, particularly if they can get some more weapons and the offensive line improves, and I would like to see what he could do in year 2 under Daboll. It's worth noting that so far in his career, the only OC Jones had for longer than 1 season was... Jason Garrett :barfs:

Obviously, all of this depends on contracts that are offered, but the Giants are projected to have ~$56 million in cap space available, so I think that gives them some options.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Andy Reid had a hell of a party.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Barkley's injury history I think isn't as bad as it's sometimes made out to be. He had an ankle injury early in 2019 that could have happened to anyone (He got rolled up on during a tackle in the game against Tampa Bay that was coincidentally Jones' first start) that caused him to miss 3 games and limited him in a few others when he came back, but otherwise still was effective, particularly later in the season. He blew out his knee two games into 2020. That may have limited him when he came back in 2021, but 2021 also had everything related to Joe Judge and Jason Garrett running the offense and for that alone I'm willing to give a pass to basically everything that happened that year. He's looked back to form this year, even without the team having much of a threat in the passing game, so I'm fine with the team bringing him back.

For Jones... as others have said, I'm not sure they can get a better option. They likely won't be in a spot to draft a high prospect, the list of potential free agents isn't inspiring (Baker Mayfield? Sam Darnold? Jimmy G?), and the guys potentially available in the trade market isn't much better (Carr?) and may not be worth the capital it would require. Jones feels like he can be a perfectly cromulent QB option, particularly if they can get some more weapons and the offensive line improves, and I would like to see what he could do in year 2 under Daboll. It's worth noting that so far in his career, the only OC Jones had for longer than 1 season was... Jason Garrett :barfs:

Obviously, all of this depends on contracts that are offered, but the Giants are projected to have ~$56 million in cap space available, so I think that gives them some options.

That's Coach Garrett.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Andy Reid had a hell of a party.

Things TFF has taught me:

1) Duck penises
2) How a Walrus masturbates

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

For Jones... as others have said, I'm not sure they can get a better option. They likely won't be in a spot to draft a high prospect, the list of potential free agents isn't inspiring (Baker Mayfield? Sam Darnold? Jimmy G?), and the guys potentially available in the trade market isn't much better (Carr?)

I hadn't considered it but Carr on the Giants could be possibly good if they managed to sign or draft some receivers who were worth anything.

But yeah we're just talking about stuff that won't happen because apparently they're all in on Jones. I mean he might be okish, but that man really, really likes to fumble the ball and that line isn't going to get fixed in a year.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Yeah like if you're the giants you probably lock down your 7/10 guy instead of taking a chance on the market which is exceptionally poor lately

You might an 8 or 9 but realistically you'll be closer to a 4 or 5

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I would give up Jones/Barkley for Carr/Adams.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s not uncommon to have hardware removed after bones heal. Healing bones regularly push out screws for example.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1609561488414457861?s=46&t=PRvRbAyjRVRsIeUPhgi7Dg

Good. Double down on a garbage/injury prone core.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the raiders extended carr last offseason and still left themselves an easy out, giving a contract to jones doesn't mean anything until we see the terms

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Jones isn't going to win a Superbowl anytime soon but he is perfectly serviceable with the offense he has. He is still tiers above a lot of other starters in his age range.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Zurreco posted:

Jones isn't going to win a Superbowl anytime soon but he is perfectly serviceable with the offense he has. He is still tiers above a lot of other starters in his age range.

He’s not tiers above anyone that isn’t a third stringer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s not tiers above anyone that isn’t a third stringer.

This is Brock Purdy erasure and I will not stand for it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is there any good RB that isn't injured regularly? At this point it seems like you can only expect 50 games out of a good RB in their career.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
There is no point to putting money towards Barkley IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

There is no point to putting money towards Barkley IMO

They’ve got 60 million in space next year, they might as well spend it on one of their few good players on offense.