Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"I renounce y-"
"I order you not to renounce me."
"poo poo. I mean, yes Master."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

"I renounce y-"
"I order you not to renounce me."
"poo poo. I mean, yes Master."

Yeah, good point

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Didn't he magically silence Noru early on and we haven't heard it talk since?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Don’t recall but we definitely haven’t heard them talk for a few seasons at least.

Also I hope Zoe’s Cat Noir form gets a proper name before she inevitably loses it in the next episode

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Kitty Noir is the name I've seen, but I guess we'll find out soon/sometime in 2023/after 8 or 9 episodes that follow it have aired, delete as appropriate.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

PowerBeard posted:

One time he ordered Nooroo not to speak and their mouth disappeared, but then he said "just kidding" and it came back. Nooroo's had a few short conversations with the peacock kwami since then.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

One time he ordered Nooroo not to speak and their mouth disappeared, but then he said "just kidding" and it came back. Nooroo's had a few short conversations with the peacock kwami since then.

Yep, you're totally right. Then the rules are busted as all heck and we're never get anything to make sense. Poor Nooroo, they deserve another episode where they party and not worry about the Monarch giving out to them!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Two new episodes just dropped in Brazil but instead of giving us Kwami’s Choice Part 2 they instead decided to jump ahead again to after Emotion.

Pretension: Here we learn that not only is Felix not as bad as we thought but Kagami’s mother is possibly worse than Gabriel (or at least just as bad), also Gabe’s cataclysm induced wound continues to spread and Kagami both finally stood up to her mother and seems to have secretly hooked up with Felix (also Marinette gives Gabe a much deserved verbal smackdown)

This episode also seems like it’s setting up the next Miraculous World special as Gabriel mentions that he’s sending Adrien to London the following year

Revelation: This one almost confirms that Lila is going to be Monarch’s successor as she manages to successfully play everyone including Gabriel to get access to his secrets, get Chloe under her thumb, and even take Marinette’s position as class representative (she seems to be gunning for the butterfly Miraculous now as well)

Speaking of Lila, just how many moms does this girl have anyway?

Though I wish they’d have at least finished a story arc before skipping ahead it was still a pretty decent batch this time around

The English versions of Transmission through Emotion are out by now as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 1, 2023

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Larryb posted:

Two new episodes just dropped in Brazil but instead of giving us Kwami’s Choice Part 2 they instead decided to jump ahead again to after Emotion.

Pretension: Here we learn that not only is Felix not as bad as we thought but Kagami’s mother is possibly worse than Gabriel (or at least just as bad), also Gabe’s cataclysm induced wound continues to spread and Kagami both finally stood up to her mother and seems to have secretly hooked up with Felix (also Marinette gives Gabe a much deserved verbal smackdown)

This episode also seems like it’s setting up the next Miraculous World special as Gabriel mentions that he’s sending Adrien to London the following year

The English versions of Transmission through Emotion are out by now as well

That scene in the kitchen was so drat sinister, Gabriel talking about fashion gave me chills.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Also if Kwami’s can apparently renounce their holders why doesn’t Nooroo just tell Gabe to gently caress off?[/spoiler]

I assume the owner can just refuse.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve still got at least two seasons left but Gabe’s been raising a lot of death flags lately. I wonder if they’re setting up Lila to eventually take his place (after all, back in the Time Tagger episode we learned that not only are Ladybug and Cat Noir still active in the future but there’s also a new Hawkmoth around that apparently isn’t Gabriel)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
You fool, you underestimate Chloe shivving everyone and everything to get to the top. She will rule for all of 5 minutes before utter chaos breaks out and we get a Kiwami Turfwar in the future.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

You fool, you underestimate Chloe shivving everyone and everything to get to the top. She will rule for all of 5 minutes before utter chaos breaks out and we get a Kiwami Turfwar in the future.

I dunno, Lila seems way better at manipulating people than Chloe and even successfully got the latter under her thumb.

Come to think about it, aside from being an expert liar/manipulator who has a deep grudge against Marinette, knowing Gabriel’s identity (and now that he’s discarded her managed to learn all his secrets and is now gunning for his Miraculous), and apparently having at least 3 moms we still don’t know a whole lot about Lila’s backstory if I remember right.

In other news, apparently the earlier seasons will be removed from Netflix at the end of the month:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1610113816406147072

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The problem is that they're setting her up too well. I just Chloe to have one last hurrah before the show forgets about her forever. Even if she gets to be Queen Bee in the future and order around paid henchmen.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

The problem is that they're setting her up too well. I just Chloe to have one last hurrah before the show forgets about her forever. Even if she gets to be Queen Bee in the future and order around paid henchmen.

True, it felt like after their failed redemption attempt the writers were going to about face and go full villain with Chloe but lately she’s kind of been just there for the most part while Lila gradually takes her place as Marinette’s main non superpowered adversary

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Trying to catch seasons I missed and this Qilin episode and the events escalated quickly lol.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

TV Zombie posted:

Trying to catch seasons I missed and this Qilin episode and the events escalated quickly lol.

ACA, and i cannot stress this enough, B.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Supposedly, all of these 5 seasons have taken place over the course of 9 months...

loving bonkers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, it’s looking like we’re not getting any more new episodes until at least March (aside from maybe English versions of Pretension and Revelation but even that’s doubtful)

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1613274096502198273

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

PowerBeard posted:

Supposedly, all of these 5 seasons have taken place over the course of 9 months...

loving bonkers.
If we round nine months to 273 days, Mr Pigeon alone was akumatised on 72 of them, and up to the end of season 4 there were at least another 100 akumatisations. Since there was a quiet period of what seemed like a few weeks in 5x03, Gabe attacks roughly six days a week on average, at any time of day or night. All this on top of running a global fashion brand. Fucker is organised.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

If we round nine months to 273 days, Mr Pigeon alone was akumatised on 72 of them, and up to the end of season 4 there were at least another 100 akumatisations. Since there was a quiet period of what seemed like a few weeks in 5x03, Gabe attacks roughly six days a week on average, at any time of day or night. All this on top of running a global fashion brand. Fucker is organised.

Yeah, there’s also some attacks that happen off-camera and are only mentioned by the characters (and other times where we start an episode at the end of a fight)

On another note, why does Marinette keep giving out those charms after a person is deakumatized? It’s been proven they don’t work anymore

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

He does have one hell of a personal assistant

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Payndz posted:

There's one recorded instance of him akumatising while on the toilet. There's probably more that happened offscreen.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Payndz posted:

Since there was a quiet period of what seemed like a few weeks in 5x03, Gabe attacks roughly six days a week on average, at any time of day or night.

How are Marinette and Adrian not failing school at the moment?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Teachers are too busy managing akumatized students to "teach" or "grade"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

YggiDee posted:

Teachers are too busy managing akumatized students to "teach" or "grade"
That's when they're not being akumatised themselves.

There must be a ton of offscreen akumatisations, otherwise Marinette would surely have a conspiracy map covered in pins and string suspiciously centred on François Dupont high school.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The pin board and conspiracy twine is for Adrian Chat Noir Adrian only!

Lesson is don't be a dick to Mr Pidgeon and you'd see a marked improvement in things in Paris.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

The pin board and conspiracy twine is for Adrian Chat Noir Adrian only!

Lesson is don't be a dick to Mr Pidgeon and you'd see a marked improvement in things in Paris.

Though that said there’s still Chloe, Lila, and at times Marinette herself who have all also contributed to a fair share of akumatazations. Ship the first two off overseas somewhere and Gabe’s job will become a lot harder

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Give Chloe the Bee Miraculous and Lila the ability to clone more Moms and everyone will be happy.

Except Marianette, cause this show is just waiting to kick her with another relationship twist!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Give Chloe the Bee Miraculous and Lila the ability to clone more Moms and everyone will be happy.

Except Marianette, cause this show is just waiting to kick her with another relationship twist!

Well she is finally dating Adrian now but we’ll see how long that lasts (especially with Gabe and Kagami’s mom now working together and apparently hellbent on undermining them)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 17, 2023

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Well, besides the whole Adrian moving to London thing, which I feel bad that it'll will get a rush resolution during the movie.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 17, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Well, besides the whole Adrian moving to London thing, which I feel bad will resolve during the movie.

It’d be interesting if a MW special was actually plot relevant for a change but we’ll see how it goes

With our two leads together now I wonder if we’ll finally get a permanent identity reveal this season (especially since the past has shown us that usually ends in disaster and has to be erased from the timeline)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I think the show us playing up the whole doomed lovers thing, where they need to give up their powers to be together. Maybe a time skip episode at the end to pander hard, but not much else, unless they are mad enough to make an entire season in the FUTURE!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Time Tagger episode did say the pair were still active in the future with a new Hawkmoth in charge but whether the show will actually go for it remains to be seen (we’ve got two confirmed seasons left after this and Gabe’s days appear to be numbered currently along with Lila now gunning for his Miraculous)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Ughhhhh....

About that....

There might be video online of stuff. Super spoiler, so be careful searching for content, cause people have no shame in their coverage.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Ughhhhh....

About that....

There might be video online of stuff. Super spoiler, so be careful searching for content, cause people have no shame in their coverage.

That’s why I spoiler tagged it, subbed versions of those episodes exist but they haven’t been officially dubbed yet (and by the looks of things probably won’t be until at least March)

Unless you’re referring to something else related to that (I know some stuff got leaked a little while back)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
My stuff is related to Gabrial.

:siren: There's video out there of him attempting to get fully healed by a machine. Do not open, spoiler poo poo! :siren:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

PowerBeard posted:

Well, besides the whole Adrian moving to London thing, which I feel bad that it'll will get a rush resolution during the movie.
The movie is AFAIK completely separate from the series, basically a reboot.

Which may be a record - rebooting a show in another medium while it's still running.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

The movie is AFAIK completely separate from the series, basically a reboot.

Which may be a record - rebooting a show in another medium while it's still running.

I believe they were referring to Miraculous World: London (which isn’t a movie per se)

Speaking of, we still don’t have any information on that or the other MW special they have in the works yet do we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Larryb posted:

I believe they were referring to Miraculous World: London (which isn’t a movie per se)

Speaking of, we still don’t have any information on that or the other MW special they have in the works yet do we?

Apologies, that's what I meant. I thought we only had some locations and rough dates.