Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jedit posted:

At that low a level your best best is probably a Hulk deck, but if you have all the cards for this (they're all Series 1) you can try Spectrum Ongoing:

Ant-Man, Nightcrawler
Armor, Colossus
Cosmo, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Punisher
Namor
Klaw, Professor X
Spectrum

With backup from Mr F, Klaw and Spectrum you'll often be able to win a lane just with Namor or Prof X.

Holy poo poo I have all those cards. I’ve been trying to make Klaw+Onslaught>Professor X happen with occasional success, but I haven’t brought Armor/Colossus/Cosmo/Namor into the mix and Spectrum might be easier to work with than Onslaught.

In this deck, how does Cosmo help? Just by protecting the lane that I have Klaw/Spectrum in against big reveal effects?

I don’t feel like I get how to use Cosmo in general. Seems like you need to know a lot about the other person’s deck to know if/where it’s a good play, and I really just have no idea about that. If I see a flurry of 1-energy cards then I hold Enchantress to bust Kazar, but that’s about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Made it to 50 on the back of a Devil Dino deck and the stupid gamma reactor. Wish I could pull a Shang Chi. He kept wrecking my poo poo if I couldn't drop a Cosmo in time on the tractor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Clawed my way back up to 69 and 7 cubes, then had a few bad rounds in a row and tanked down to 66 again.
At least I complained enough that the RNG gave me a winter variant. It's Abomination but still

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Snap devs I implore you to fire your current pixel artist and hire someone who actually knows how to sprite, some of these variants like Mojo and Moon girl are absolute dire.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Pixeltendo posted:

Snap devs I implore you to fire your current pixel artist and hire someone who actually knows how to sprite, some of these variants like Mojo and Moon girl are absolute dire.

Have you seen Agatha? It’s hilariously bad. I’d delete the game if I got it as a reward.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I have yet to see an acceptable Pixel Variant

They all look absolutely awful

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

There's a few good ones.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t feel like I get how to use Cosmo in general. Seems like you need to know a lot about the other person’s deck to know if/where it’s a good play, and I really just have no idea about that. If I see a flurry of 1-energy cards then I hold Enchantress to bust Kazar, but that’s about it.

Yeah it definitely rewards some meta knowledge-- for example if your opponent plays Bucky Barnes, they are probably planning to destroy it, and since it's a 2-cost card they can't do it with Killmonger, so you know they will almost certainly play Dethlok or Carnage or something in that lane, so that's probably a safe place to drop a Cosmo. You will also likely get to reveal first and prevent their on reveal effect because they spent turn 2 playing a 1-power card.

Even outside of the big plays where you neutralize a powerful on-reveal effect though, it can help to put down because it limits your opponent's options. So many games come down to a 50/50 guess as to whether your opponent will play their finisher in Location A or Location B, but if you suspect that finisher relies on an on-reveal effect (many of them do) and you have a Cosmo at Location A, that makes your odds a lot better than 50/50.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

That’s a nice destroy deck you have. Would be a shame if someone stole your Destroyer with Cable, then copied your Knull with Leader.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This guy uses Leader, let's get him!!!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Opopanax posted:

We tried. He keeps getting us back plus four. :sigh:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Opopanax posted:

It’s morally right to Leader Pool 4 and 5 cards.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone who uses the pixel variant avatar of ironheart I assume to be a bot because no one with a soul would ever consider that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is my new favorite deck

i love loving up people's gameplans and i rocketed from 59 to 71 off the back of this, with the 69->70 game being a lovely 'save juggernaut to yeet the opponent's ultron into the lane where my cosmo is waiting'

forge into brood feels so good as well

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

flatluigi posted:

i love loving up people's gameplans and i rocketed from 59 to 71 off the back of this, with the 69->70 game being a lovely 'save juggernaut to yeet the opponent's ultron into the lane where my cosmo is waiting'

oooh does Forge give each brood card a +1? nice.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Sera fits very well into this list, if you happen to have her.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

priznat posted:

forge gives the next card you play *+2* power, and brood's broodlings copy the original's power. that's 12 power in a location on turn 3, buffable with surfer

Skippy McPants posted:

Sera fits very well into this list, if you happen to have her.

i tried a list with sera and didn't love it. you get to play three things on t6, sure, but you're generally playing out all your cards in that deck + taking t5 off so you can play three cards on 6 works out about the same as just playing those three cards on t5 and t6 w/ resiliency against leader. i can't overstate how much the disruption on t5 is what wins you the games, as well

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

priznat posted:

Yes. Yes it does. Always ramp brood w/Forge.

Opopanax posted:

Clawed my way back up to 69 and 7 cubes, then had a few bad rounds in a row and tanked down to 66 again.
At least I complained enough that the RNG gave me a winter variant. It's Abomination but still

I feel this in my BONES. I got up to 67.9 and have now slid back to 64. It's been a frustrating day which some absolutely monster wins followed by nickel and dimed losses. I'll win an 8 cube and maybe a 4 cube and then spend the next 10 matches either barely losing 2 cubes or retreating because i'm beat bad.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

flatluigi posted:

forge gives the next card you play *+2* power, and brood's broodlings copy the original's power. that's 12 power in a location on turn 3, buffable with surfer

i tried a list with sera and didn't love it. you get to play three things on t6, sure, but you're generally playing out all your cards in that deck + taking t5 off so you can play three cards on 6 works out about the same as just playing those three cards on t5 and t6 w/ resiliency against leader. i can't overstate how much the disruption on t5 is what wins you the games, as well

This is so true. Especially if your deck cares about priority turn 5 is the lynchpin. The best Wong decks I’ve lost to have been relentless about ensuring they have priority going into turn 5.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I just played against 3 decks in a row that had Red Skull and Dracula, but not a traditional discard deck. I've never seen that before tonight. Is this just RNG funk or did a streamer find a fun new deck?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Broke down and bought Sunspot bundle with hoarded gold.

On the one hand, my new cards were Mysterio, Rock Slide*, Hellcow, and Drax, so that sucked.

On the other hand, I got Pixel Apocalypse, Baby Doom, Christmas Patriot, and the Rock Slide I got was the Christmas one (don’t have normal).

So you can get Christmas variants for cards you don’t have, which I didn’t realize.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

CitizenKeen posted:

Broke down and bought Sunspot bundle with hoarded gold.

On the one hand, my new cards were Mysterio, Rock Slide*, Hellcow, and Drax, so that sucked.

On the other hand, I got Pixel Apocalypse, Baby Doom, Christmas Patriot, and the Rock Slide I got was the Christmas one (don’t have normal).

So you can get Christmas variants for cards you don’t have, which I didn’t realize.

I'm mighty tempted to spend the 5 bux to get the gold I need to do this before the offer ends. I still have She-Hulk pinned and have the 3k credits but am last minute waffling. if I get Sunspot that's a total of 5k collectors tokens which is potentially a lot of series 3 cards I could unlock

if you unlock a card through the shop will you still open it via CL?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Ubersandwich posted:

I just played against 3 decks in a row that had Red Skull and Dracula, but not a traditional discard deck. I've never seen that before tonight. Is this just RNG funk or did a streamer find a fun new deck?

Maybe it's the Kazar-Dracula deck. The point is to dump everything else except Red Skull or Infinaut on the board on turn 6.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

If you get the base card through the shop (i.e. with collector tokens), you have it and will not open it later.

If you get a variant through the shop, you will open the base card later via CL if you don't have it already.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm mighty tempted to spend the 5 bux to get the gold I need to do this before the offer ends. I still have She-Hulk pinned and have the 3k credits but am last minute waffling. if I get Sunspot that's a total of 5k collectors tokens which is potentially a lot of series 3 cards I could unlock

Nope, that only happens if you buy a variant from a bundle and don't already own the original. No dupes in the shop.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BoldFace posted:

Maybe it's the Kazar-Dracula deck. The point is to dump everything else except Red Skull or Infinaut on the board on turn 6.

Yeah it's kind of clever, I think it's meant primarily for people who get really mad at Leech but then Dracula is there as a backup plan

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm trying a Big Boys deck mainly because I unlocked a few cards like Zero, Attuma, Giganto recently and just got She Hulk from my collector shop. The idea is straightforward, just drop tons of stats, using Zero and Armor to protect against some downsides and Dracula to sneak out some more stats.

Taskmaster is risky with Dracula but he's just great to drop after Red Skull or Giganto. I tried Jubilee but there are too many bad drops for her to work. The deck needs some work but the concept is fun.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Remember kids, always double-check your sequencing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

priznat posted:

Anyone who uses the pixel variant avatar of ironheart I assume to be a bot because no one with a soul would ever consider that.

I am using it precisely because it's that bad.

I could use a title. I could use an unlocked cardback. I could use an avatar earned through a premium. But no, I want you to focus on the pixel avatar when you face me! :colbert:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 2, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tender Bender posted:

Taskmaster is risky with Dracula but he's just great to drop after Red Skull or Giganto. I tried Jubilee but there are too many bad drops for her to work.

Reminder that pulling Tasky with Jubilee will copy the power of the card you played before Jubilee, not Jubilee herself.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Can Death be bugged somehow? Got an opponent who played her at 5 Energy, except the only thing that died so faar was a Deadpool (x1), and a Yondu (x1), from them playing Deathlok on it. There was the Destroy Another Location location, but it didn't like...kill any characters Galactus style. So I'm wondering how they discounted it. No Wave played, no Psylocke or Electro.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Artelier posted:

Can Death be bugged somehow? Got an opponent who played her at 5 Energy, except the only thing that died so faar was a Deadpool (x1), and a Yondu (x1), from them playing Deathlok on it. There was the Destroy Another Location location, but it didn't like...kill any characters Galactus style. So I'm wondering how they discounted it. No Wave played, no Psylocke or Electro.

It's always worth checking to see how many Destroyed cards each player has, if you're not sure. I can see three destroyed cards in your description: Deadpool, Yondu and whatever Yondu hit. You might have missed one, or Elysium could have been in play.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Jedit posted:

It's always worth checking to see how many Destroyed cards each player has, if you're not sure. I can see three destroyed cards in your description: Deadpool, Yondu and whatever Yondu hit. You might have missed one, or Elysium could have been in play.

Elysium was in play! But I didn't realise cards that Yondu hit (and I guess Lamentis?) counted as Destroyed :O

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Artelier posted:

Elysium was in play! But I didn't realise cards that Yondu hit (and I guess Lamentis?) counted as Destroyed :O

Yeah Lamentis can sometimes give you a zero cost Death depending on when it kicks in.

Yondu's description should really say "destroy" rather than "remove".

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Just had an opponent place Dracula to Cloning Vats on turn 6. He discarded the cloned Dracula :drac:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

stev posted:

Yeah Lamentis can sometimes give you a zero cost Death depending on when it kicks in.

Lamentis-1 will almost always give you a zero-cost Death, unless it's the third location when barring shenanigans it only destroys eight cards.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

BoldFace posted:

Oh! That's probably it. I can see how that is an answer to Leach, thanks.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Just had an opponent place Dracula to Cloning Vats on turn 6. He discarded the cloned Dracula :drac:

I dropped drac on sinister once, thinking it was like 20 power 4x.

That's not how it works...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Thanks again to whomever posted the lockjaw thanos deck, im back up to 94, feeling reasonably good about myself again, though I don’t think I have time to rush for infinite.