Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Are Moongirl and Zabu besties in the Marvel lore because holy poo poo they are going going to be spending a lot of time together this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

doingitwrong posted:

Are Moongirl and Zabu besties in the Marvel lore because holy poo poo they are going going to be spending a lot of time together this month.

I think Moon Girl and Devil Dino are besties. There's variants that have them sharing a card.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
here's my dumb deck

It's hilarious.

Servers died and my account is stuck in a game on both steam and iOS. Can't end turn, can't retreat, closing the app just goes back to "reconnect to game".

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 3, 2023

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Leader continues to love it if you drop a lot of cards on turn 6. Feels like the drat Spanish Inquisition.

Zabu has been fun so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey, update on my whole "can't open caches" issue? Now I CAN'T EVEN loving PLAY. The Play button is just stuck on Loading for everyone who had the problem. It went from hosed to even more hosed. We're blowing up the support portion of Discord and I think a few of us are pestering Brode on Twitter.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Pixeltendo posted:

Note to self never play Odin on an empty Sinister London again
Could be worse.

I had someone play Destroyer on an empty Sinister London earlier.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Hey, update on my whole "can't open caches" issue? Now I CAN'T EVEN loving PLAY. The Play button is just stuck on Loading for everyone who had the problem. It went from hosed to even more hosed. We're blowing up the support portion of Discord and I think a few of us are pestering Brode on Twitter.

Might sound silly, but does the game need to be updated in the google/apple store?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress Polaris and Magneto. Probably Aero too. Bullshit.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Zabu/Wong/Surfer is extremely busted. I also pulled off the dream Zabu/Negative/Crystal to reroll my bad hand

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

drat, those are se nice variants.

One of the biggest inconsistencies in the game that they really need to address now that Zabu is out is how cards and locations that affect X Cost cards work. Right now, some of them take cost changes into effect, and some don't, with no real rhyme or reason to them.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm going to be miserable until I get Wong

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I used up some stored up credits to hit the 10CL weekly challenge and got the Psychedelic Wasp variant and my 2nd pool 4 card....Attuma. Attuma and M'Baku and I still don't have Hela or Mystique or...

Still, Wasp is getting swapped out in my Patriot deck.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I feel like the game is going to get a lot more fun when I become pool 3 complete and can just play the archetype that I want while still having a few chase cards out there for me to shoot for

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Am I just misremembering or is this season pass like twice as expensive as the others?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's the same price for me, but i'm in the us and i suspect you're in canada

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flatluigi posted:

it's the same price for me, but i'm in the us and i suspect you're in canada

I swear they used to be 6.99 but I must be mistaken

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Zabu and Wave interact. Didn't expect that given the card's language.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Maneck posted:

Zabu and Wave interact. Didn't expect that given the card's language.

This game is very arbitrary with language and interactions. Surfer works on base cost, but Zabu works on current cost?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bottom Liner posted:

This game is very arbitrary with language and interactions. Surfer works on base cost, but Zabu works on current cost?

I think the core game rule that mostly doesn't matter is:

The cost of a card in hand is the current modified energy cost; the cost of a card in play is the number when you put it in the deck (it forgets reductions/increases when played)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Realizing I have all the good pool 1 movement cards

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..You know I was enjoying the battle pass card not being complete and utter bullshit till Surfer and Zabu double feature.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Zabu is strong, but not pulling him frequently enough. He's always showing up at the end of the game. Maybe try a deck with Domino & Chavez with Crystal?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Devor posted:

I think the core game rule that mostly doesn't matter is:

The cost of a card in hand is the current modified energy cost; the cost of a card in play is the number when you put it in the deck (it forgets reductions/increases when played)

Yeah this part is consistent and fine. The Wave part is annoying as hell. Wave already interacted with cards like She Hulk and Death in a busted manner, and it's going to get worse as they keep adding cards that change energy cost. It may be working as intended but it's way too powerful to be enabled by a 3 cost card with deck sizes this small.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Wong/Panther/Zola is my favorite combo in the game, and Negative/Zabu just makes it even better. Just need a Shuri to slot in for Crystal, but 3 Zabu 4 Negative/Crystal is a great sequence.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 3, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Playing Electro on Oscorp tower is incredibly satisfying

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There's some extremely funny combos going on now. Turn 4 Black Widow into Absorbing Man is by far the funniest.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Studio posted:

Might sound silly, but does the game need to be updated in the google/apple store?

It was probably glossed over here but there's a large group of players who haven't been able to collect Caches since mid-December. Support has basically been ignoring us. Now the latest symptom of this ongoing issue is the game completely breaking down for us. Earlier today we were worried if we'd ever be able to collect the Caches we were owed, now we can't even play the loving game. So it goes a bit deeper than that.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Xguard86 posted:

I dropped drac on sinister once, thinking it was like 20 power 4x.

That's not how it works...

Yeah I did that last night on Sinister London and whoops, I forgot I needed to hold 2x the cards to feed it. By a fluke, I was playing a variation of the Dracula Zoo Deck, so I ended up holding Infonaut and Red Skull on T6 but barely won because I had to skip turns and burn mana to maintain that with no sunspot in play.

Lesson is, one Dracula is enough! :v:

/edit Unless Apoc is in the deck then that can be pure madness then Drac away :D

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 3, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Zabu seems ridiculous on paper. Like to the point it seems broken and I'm confused what they were thinking besides make a card OP so people buy the season pass.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Complain and you shall receive. Just opened my next Cache and got Black Panther.

I have been switching between a Patriot and Dear Leader deck that took me from 10 to 70 last season. Ironically I hardly used Leader, preferring to drop Prof X/Dino on 5/6 to close out two lanes.

# (1) Agent 13
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
#

Not sure what I want to swap for Leader, maybe add Black Panther but he doesn't provide enough oomph without a booster.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah this part is consistent and fine. The Wave part is annoying as hell. Wave already interacted with cards like She Hulk and Death in a busted manner, and it's going to get worse as they keep adding cards that change energy cost. It may be working as intended but it's way too powerful to be enabled by a 3 cost card with deck sizes this small.

I should have been more clear. The Wave/Zabu interaction is that 4 cost cards (i.e. card cost) are reduced by 2, so you can still play 3 of them turn six even if a wave was dropped turn 5. I think. Haven't bought Zabu yet, but I dropped wave and then had two 4s dropped on me turn 6.

If I've got that right, it works as a nerf of the obvious Wave effect (limits cards played) without touching the kind of broken interaction with cards that can have their costs reduced.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New Leaf posted:

It was probably glossed over here but there's a large group of players who haven't been able to collect Caches since mid-December. Support has basically been ignoring us. Now the latest symptom of this ongoing issue is the game completely breaking down for us. Earlier today we were worried if we'd ever be able to collect the Caches we were owed, now we can't even play the loving game. So it goes a bit deeper than that.

Oh I totes saw your posts. I'm trying to diagnose a bug on a game I don't work on, but that sounds like an issue where something is horribly out of date and desynced with the server (can't redeem the chests because your client is saying something else is in them, and finally the game itself implodes after another update).

Figured checking for an update was worth a shot :shrug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Studio posted:

Oh I totes saw your posts. I'm trying to diagnose a bug on a game I don't work on, but that sounds like an issue where something is horribly out of date and desynced with the server (can't redeem the chests because your client is saying something else is in them, and finally the game itself implodes after another update).

Figured checking for an update was worth a shot :shrug:

Trust me, I've tried everything. I've reinstalled twice, even tried running it through a VPN out of desperation. Even the Steam client doesn't work. It's something with our entire accounts being out of sync.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Maneck posted:

I should have been more clear. The Wave/Zabu interaction is that 4 cost cards (i.e. card cost) are reduced by 2, so you can still play 3 of them turn six even if a wave was dropped turn 5. I think. Haven't bought Zabu yet, but I dropped wave and then had two 4s dropped on me turn 6.

If I've got that right, it works as a nerf of the obvious Wave effect (limits cards played) without touching the kind of broken interaction with cards that can have their costs reduced.

It's a buff if you drop Wave with a Zabu down, intending to play three four-cost cards on T6. It still limits your opponent unless they also have a Zabu.

The Death/She Hulk combo works similarly, where most opponents will only be able to play one card T6 while they can drop both huge ones.

Edit: lmao I forgot that 4-cost cards are already 4-cost so Wave doesn't affect them in that way. My main point against Wave is that cards should cost 4 after she's played, not cost 4 and then get discounted by various effects.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 3, 2023

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Opopanax posted:

drat, those are se nice variants.

One of the biggest inconsistencies in the game that they really need to address now that Zabu is out is how cards and locations that affect X Cost cards work. Right now, some of them take cost changes into effect, and some don't, with no real rhyme or reason to them.
Apparently "X-cost cards" refers to the base cost while "cards that cost X" checks the cost paid to play the card. So Goose lets discounted 4-cost cards through because it says "Cards that cost 4..."

Zabu is loving wild to play against, I am hard forcing Sandman and I am not sure it is worth. You can force them to spend turn 5 Enchantressing sandman but your turn 3 and 5 have to make up the difference for two 4 cost cards on turn 4. Trying to sneak Red Skull in but it is drat hard having priority even striving for it from turn 1 against a Zabu deck that is greedy for high 4 cost cards. If they play wong shuri turn 4 you are having a bad time. Only if they are extremely greedy does sandman punish them.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Trying to counter Zabu seems futile. By the time you steal or block his ability, he will already have played at least two discounted cards.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Today I learned if you Scarlett witch a Dark Dimension into Deaths Domain then all the cards that subsequently reveal are destroyed. Because apparently played=revealed for that interaction.

Tried running Sera with Zabu but it honestly felt like overkill. I'd need to test to see if Sera + zabu means three 5 cost cards on turn 6 is possible but I don't have any energy ramp cards or Magick yet so it seems like too much of a pain to do consistently.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Rogue is a nice counter to Zabu, and of course Enchantress. I would probably prefer Rogue for the boost to your own cards.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

shove me like you do posted:

Today I learned if you Scarlett witch a Dark Dimension into Deaths Domain then all the cards that subsequently reveal are destroyed. Because apparently played=revealed for that interaction.

The cards were played at the location. It just wasn't Death's Domain at the time. Likewise, if you play Aero at Death's Domain with priority, the cards that are moved in will not be destroyed when revealed because they were actually played somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

New Leaf posted:

Trust me, I've tried everything. I've reinstalled twice, even tried running it through a VPN out of desperation. Even the Steam client doesn't work. It's something with our entire accounts being out of sync.

Unless you’ve spent money on your account I reckon you should just make a new one. From the amount of time you’ve been posting about this (not a criticism, just an observation) you’d just about be back to where you were. Plus the first few ranks will be incredibly satisfying.