Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Ah! Ah! Ah! Ladies pinch, boers use rouge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The view counts really underscore how unpopular a tweet is, it's a built-in ratio you can never win. Viewed 300+ times and liked once? lol, rekt

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Data Graham posted:

$TSLA cannot fail, it can only be failed

Seems to be doing a pretty good job of the former at the moment.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

When was the last time there was any sort of breakthrough in how to bore tunnels? The Channel Tunnel between England and France? I'm not an expert on the subject, but I think since then all we've got is marginal improvements on existing techniques/technology.

Digging/boring tech had its most recent innovation in oil well drilling technology, because building a new well is X amount of money, but just drilling horizontally from below an existing well is considerably less than X. So it's flexible boring tech for turn-friendly machinery. That's pretty much it I think.

These are the same oil companies that are turning billions in profit yet still receive millions in government subsidies in the U.S. that they readily claim, as though they really are destitute and struggling, and yet the U.S. still pays out :iiam:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Watch Musk put another weird loyalty email test for the 10 employees left

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
110 baby

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
108.24 is our current 52-week low, can we beat that today? Fingers crossed.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

At what point does the exchange halt trading on a stock? I know Tesla isn't near that point yet, but I want us to have a target to hope for.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

God why do I keep bitching out on buying puts

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

At what point does the exchange halt trading on a stock? I know Tesla isn't near that point yet, but I want us to have a target to hope for.

They generally don't for a slow decline, the circuit breakers are usually only tripped when the computers decide to try to destroy the global economy all of a sudden.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Level 3 circuit breaker is 20% and trading is halted for the day.

Edit: Not sure if that applies for individual stocks though. Probably not.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Wtf happened over night for a 11% plunge? Musk tweeted?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Random Stranger posted:

jeffreyw posted:

Are the Rules the Same for Single-Stock Circuit Breakers?
No, under SEC rules, a stock is required to undergo a trading pause if the stock price moves up or down outside the price band (5%, 10% or 20%) within a five-minute period. These rules vary depending on the price of the stock and whether it is a Tier 1, Tier 2, or other NMS listed security.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tai posted:

Tesla

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Tai posted:

Tesla missed sales target is the big one.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

jeffreyw posted:

It doesn't

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

jeffreyw posted:

Tesla missed sales target is the big one.

Lol, that drop doesn't even include the Tesla that decided to try and do an impression of the stock price yet

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I looked it up. Halts on individual stocks don't seem to happen based on drastic movement, it's when there are outside factors that require giving it a break while people deal with them. So Tesla can sink all the way if shareholders are determined enough.

Tai posted:

The holidays are over, people are coming back into the office, and getting rid of that Tesla stock before it gets worse is high on their priority list.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 3, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

jeffreyw posted:

For a single stock needs to be "significant news" (This would be Elon stepping down, Elon dying, at this point remember it's for TSLA not Twitter, and even that might not be enough I usually see it on biomedical stocks when they are about to say if they got approved or not).

But anyway the automatic is 10% move in 5 minutes. I think there's just too many shares for that large a slip but even if it does it'll be right back in under an hour on first offense. Probably, there's no actual set rule for turning it back on.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Tai posted:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/elon-musks-tesla-comes-up-short-of-2022-delivery-target-as-growth-slows-11672680081

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Thanks!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
No you see, TSLA is just getting dragged down by the rest of the market. If you look, the S&P is down a whopping .5% while TSLA is down only a measly 10%!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bet the people who got out at $140 are feeling pretty fuckin smart, congratulations to them at recognizing Elon's tweets as the ravings of a madman I guess

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!
Holy gently caress 12% lmao

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sniper4625 posted:

https://tenor.com/view/nigelthornberryvp-nigel-nigel-thornberry-kamala-harris-we-did-it-joe-gif-20034998

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Also Elon sent out a letter asking all Tesla employees to make deliveries themselves

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lmao that Elon was begging floor employees and developers to volunteer to deliver cars to buyers' doorsteps on the inter-holiday week so he could recognize revenue in 2022

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm currently refreshing the $TSLA google graph like every five seconds, and it goes down with each refresh. I never knew my F5 key could do that.

e: it did it again

ee: oh poo poo, moved the tab to another window and it's going up now when I refresh. Gonna move it back to the "stock down" window.

eee: phew, stock down-window working as expected. this is fun.

tuo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 3, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

tuo posted:

I'm currently refreshing the $TSLA google graph like every five seconds, and it goes down with each refresh. I never knew my F5 key could do that.

e: it did it again

Keep doing it!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The number is purifying my body and soul.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Wait that doesn’t make sense. They are supposed to have infinite amounts of growth forever

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

sniper4625 posted:

107.78 lmao

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

lol I managed 107. Time to make something to eat, someone take over please.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Mistle posted:

Digging/boring tech had its most recent innovation in oil well drilling technology, because building a new well is X amount of money, but just drilling horizontally from below an existing well is considerably less than X. So it's flexible boring tech for turn-friendly machinery. That's pretty much it I think.

These are the same oil companies that are turning billions in profit yet still receive millions in government subsidies in the U.S. that they readily claim, as though they really are destitute and struggling, and yet the U.S. still pays out :iiam:

that makes sense, so instead of being better at building infrastructure that makes us less dependent on oil we just got better at getting oil :smith:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Tai posted:

The stock drove in the rain and/or carried small children in the back seat. Both cause catastrophic failures.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tuo posted:

lol I managed 107. Time to make something to eat, someone take over please.

jjust dropped it a quarter for u

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

*bangs fork and knife on table*

SUB-100 SUB-100 SUB-100

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Between this and following the house speaker poo poo show how am I supposed to get anything done today

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Self-appreciating asset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Are the Rules the Same for Single-Stock Circuit Breakers?
No, under SEC rules, a stock is required to undergo a trading pause if the stock price moves up or down outside the price band (5%, 10% or 20%) within a five-minute period. These rules vary depending on the price of the stock and whether it is a Tier 1, Tier 2, or other NMS listed security.

Remove the trading pauses, you cowards