Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

With the wild changes going on, should I buy now or unpin and wait for another Series 5 like Galactus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Oh hey just found this thread for the first time. Zabu seems very strong. I've already ranked from 50 to 65. Spider-Man and Absorbing Man is a killer combo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Brode tweeted that a balance patch is dropping tomorrow so might not be the best time to spend tokens. Not that I think Bast is eating a nerf or anything but who knows, maybe we'll see some cards drop in series

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think Bast is safe, they only ever nerf the cards I use and I don't have her yet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who’s most likely to eat a nerf here? Leader, probably, right?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Zabu, Spiderman?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sandwolf posted:

M'Baku

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

If Hearthstone balance patches are any indication, they'll nerf the stuff that was strong at the start of December. Leader, She-Hulk, Wave, etc.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Studio posted:

Zabu, Spiderman?

I hope they do this it would be very funny

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zabu seems unlikely just because the card is so fresh, and also, people paid $10 for it. I'd always expect them to wait until a season ends before nerfing its card.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I keep losing to decks that don't make any sense because I don't see the final play coming. Just lost to pure kazoo whose final turn was... Dracula into Red Skull discard?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Sandwolf posted:

Leader probably. Galactus definitely (since Bode already said it was on a watch list and not the kind the government keeps).

The double spider-man T5 is such a disgusting combo. As long as you're relatively ahead before the T5 reveal, you're almost guaranteed 2 cubes if you snap. Most people will retreat, some people will try and make something happen.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zodack posted:

I keep losing to decks that don't make any sense because I don't see the final play coming. Just lost to pure kazoo whose final turn was... Dracula into Red Skull discard?

Yeah, it's a real list. Kazoo has an easy time emptying its hand, so you dump everything except Red Skull/Infinaut and Drac then blast 15/20 Power with a 4-drop.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has anyone ever been on the other end of Retreat Later? Im assuming it's a good sportsmanship button if you want to give up a free cube?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Zodack posted:

Deck owns. Got me to 80 for the first time last season and I didn't even have Maximus. You just dump your entire hand and discard something huge. Here are a couple different versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3877rvN8ts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pXDQdgH46k

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610358540904058881?t=eQyalp79QkgUvwBhtyGfrQ&s=19

Okay I'll wait for the patch before buying Bast or switching.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Zodack posted:

This deck got posted here a day or two ago and, at least pre-Zabu, was 100% a Good Deck:

BoldFace posted:

Maybe it's the Kazar-Dracula deck. The point is to dump everything else except Red Skull or Infinaut on the board on turn 6.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Oh, oh, and hey!! I finally ran into someone who used the thumbs up emoji at me four times in a single match!!

I somehow resisted the urge to delete the game/throw my phone into the wall/send a hit squad of clowns with pies to Ben Brode's house. Go figure.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
That's kind of dope actually. I mean the kazoo stuff is boring but everyone likes a big turn 6 blowout

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Oh, oh, and hey!! I finally ran into someone who used the thumbs up emoji at me four times in a single match!!

I somehow resisted the urge to delete the game/throw my phone into the wall/send a hit squad of clowns with pies to Ben Brode's house. Go figure.

Always mute turn 1.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Man, the Alex Horley variants they're dropping this season are so loving good. Looks like they've datamined the next bundles and both have variants of his and I really don't want to be a paypig whale to this game but gently caress if those aren't incredible looking cards.

The one complaint I have is that variants for combo cards don't give you a match variant so White Tiger gets a great new card but her spirit tiger doesn't.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RevKrule posted:

The one complaint I have is that variants for combo cards don't give you a match variant so White Tiger gets a great new card but her spirit tiger doesn't.

Yeah this is the main reason I never drop gold on the cool Hood variants. He usually isn't on the board long enough to enjoy it and the Demon stays the same. :shrug:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

RevKrule posted:

Yeah I just picked up the Max Grecke Doom variant last night which is super sweet, but the Doombots are kind of lame.

e: Speaking of cool variants, I just picked up this Alex Ross IW in a cache today and it might be my favorite card in my collection now: https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/invisible-woman-02/

Devo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 3, 2023

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

If Hearthstone balance patches are any indication, they'll nerf the stuff that was strong at the start of December. Leader, She-Hulk, Wave, etc.

I hope they do the Hearthstone thing of refunding tokens for nerfed cards. I just bought She-Hulk, lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
My first pool 4 card after ~500 levels into the 1000s was loving Mbaku because of course.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

RevKrule posted:

In the November (?) dev update video, they said this was a thing they want to do eventually (match variants with their tokens).

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

My first pool 4 card after ~500 levels into the 1000s was loving Mbaku because of course.

I am hoping M'Baku gets buffed. Not sure about energy or power, but some on the line of "This card cannot be drawn. At the end of the game he jumps to a lane where you can win." So like a tiny Captain Marvel with added deck thinning.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canyonero posted:

In the November (?) dev update video, they said this was a thing they want to do eventually (match variants with their tokens).

It would be really phenomenal if they managed this.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hit CL 420 hell yeah that's the weed number!

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Wow

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Waffleopolis posted:

I am hoping M'Baku gets buffed. Not sure about energy or power, but some on the line of "This card cannot be drawn. At the end of the game he jumps to a lane where you can win." So like a tiny Captain Marvel with added deck thinning.
That's extremely extremely broken...

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Waffleopolis posted:

If they made a card that was "this card cannot be drawn" in any capacity, it would instantly become the most popular card, used in every deck imaginable. I could see a power bump and maybe a little rework of the text tho.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RevKrule posted:

If they made a card that was "this card cannot be drawn" in any capacity, it would instantly become the most popular card, used in every deck imaginable. I could see a power bump and maybe a little rework of the text tho.
Buffing his body doesnt work because unconditional 1/3s dont exist and flying from hand is legitimately too good even with his current stats. He's honestly a fair card in his current form and you can even use him in cerebro 2 lockjaw, cards that fly out of your deck onto the board should be turbo niche.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I like being polite but I will use that emote aggressively any time I run into somebody running the bullshit tiger. You paid $10 for a Yugioh card, you can handle some sarcastic emotes.

Related: what is the counter to this bullshit? Enchantress/Sandman?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tender Bender posted:

I hope they do the Hearthstone thing of refunding tokens for nerfed cards. I just bought She-Hulk, lol

They will not, I think. It says it in the Token Shop no refunds. I think we’re going to eat it on this one with She-Hulk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't know that thumbs up was sarcastic. I genuinely did it when someone made a good play and won.

I wonder how many people I upset.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

I didn't know that thumbs up was sarcastic. I genuinely did it when someone made a good play and won.

You're allowed to emote whatever you want when you lose, thats totally fine.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Well met!
Well met!
Well met!
That was a mistake.
I am sorry.
That was a mistake.
I am sorry.
Well met!
Well met!
I am sorry.
Justice demands retribution!
Justice demands retribution!
Well played.
Well met!

But yeah, emotes when you lose are fine. It's the same as GG etiquette in Starcraft.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

This deck got posted here a day or two ago and, at least pre-Zabu, was 100% a Good Deck:

I think there's probably a way to make it work with ZBu, too -- Dracula, Enchantress, Attuma, and Typhoid Mary all being 4-cost is tempting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
I’ve been getting boned by that Dracula/discard deck, with added zabu fun. it feels like three 20 power drops go down on the last turn lol gently caress this.

I’m sure everyone says the same when I surprise win with a combo they don’t expect but as you go up the levels you certainly see a lot more crazy end of game moves that I’ve got no idea how you can knowingly counter.

Silver surfer and zabu have in the last few hours become the bane of my life.