Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

Forking GIMP just to make it not be named GIMP

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you can't watch some episodes of 30 Rock, Community, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on streaming because there were blackface jokes in them, and it's the longest lasting impact of the george floyd protests

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you can't watch some episodes of 30 Rock, Community, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on streaming because there were blackface jokes in them, and it's the longest lasting impact of the george floyd protests

counterpoint, this will be funny forever especially given the party's attitude on cops

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Absolutely
e; The Lord Giveth, and He Taketh Away

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Zvahl posted:

counterpoint, this will be funny forever especially given the party's attitude on cops

I lol at the after pic with all these wrinkly skeletons needing to be helped up off the floor every time

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zvahl posted:

Nancy Pelosi congratulating George Floyd on his sacrifice

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Weka posted:

I think he's of fairly average intelligence but over-confident. Most of the things that he has been lambasted for seem to be something Joe Blogs would say.

"The word rosebud, for whatever reason, has captivated moviegoers and movie watchers for so many years and, to this day, is perhaps the single word and perhaps if they came up with another word that meant the same thing, it wouldn't have worked. But rosebud works. Rosebud works right for whatever reason."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk

Toph Bei Fong has issued a correction as of 15:18 on Jan 4, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Trump ran for President and won on accident because Hillary Clinton thought she was more popular than an actual celebrity

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Trump ran for President and won on accident because Hillary Clinton thought she was more popular than an actual celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zmjyhSpbs

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

British Seapower becoming just Seapower

The IEEE disavowing Master/Slave as a descriptor for drive assignments

Forking GIMP just to make it not be named GIMP

The default primary branch of GitHub repositories changing from master to main. Then everyone immediately having to throw a ton of labor onto making their automation support that or change it back. There not being a great way of changing the primary branch name for existing repositories, so now and forever many people having to remember to use different primary branch names for different repositories at their job depending on their age.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

30.5 Days posted:

The default primary branch of GitHub repositories changing from master to main. Then everyone immediately having to throw a ton of labor onto making their automation support that or change it back. There not being a great way of changing the primary branch name for existing repositories, so now and forever many people having to remember to use different primary branch names for different repositories at their job depending on their age.

I think that’s good because it was funny when people got mad for reactionary reasons + everyone’s poo poo programming broke

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

renaming the primary branch is incredibly simple. I have a mirror of a big repo where I deleted the master branch a decade ago cause there was no point keeping it in sync with upstream when all my own stuff was in another branch anyway

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Mantis42 posted:

a so called "punk" band that changed their names because some three stripes bitched about it

Yeah, they go by Preoccupations now.

They're not even American. They're Canadian!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mantis42 posted:

a so called "punk" band that changed their names because some three stripes bitched about it

Adidas-rear end bitches

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewo20rq2Qbw&t=66s

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
that one dumbass Dem in congress who kept voting for "General Colin Powell" in every speaker election

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Echo Chamber posted:

that one dumbass Dem in congress who kept voting for "General Colin Powell" in every speaker election

The fact that browbeating and or bribing the Republican Electors into doing this instead of casting their votes for Trump was hailed by vox, etc as the One Weird Trick we needed in 2016

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

30.5 Days posted:

i wonder if the push in real estate to call master bedrooms and bathrooms "primary" is still going

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://www.masterclass.com/classes/black-history-black-freedom-and-black-love
https://youtube.com/watch?v=eyDIVnzep10

quote:

From critical race theory to the 1619 Project, Black intellectuals are reshaping conversations on race in America. Now seven of those preeminent voices share their insight on the reckoning with race in America in three parts: past, present, and future. Gain a foundational understanding of the history of white supremacy and discover a path forward through the limitless capacity and resilience of Black love.
Instructor(s): Angela Davis, Cornel West, Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw, Nikole Hannah-Jones, Sherrilyn Ifill, Jelani Cobb, and John McWhorter

Class Length: 54 video lessons (10 hours 47 minutes)

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

mawarannahr posted:

of Montreal changing a line in the song Wicked Wisdom (2008) from “I’m just a black shemale” to “I’m just a powdered belle” in 2020 and replacing the original track on streaming platforms and future pressings. predictably a bunch of people were upset about the change and attributed it to cancel culture.

oh it’s on a concept album where the singer, Kevin Barnes, pretends to be the character described below. Kevin is white.

bonus: in 2020 they also released an album with the a song called “Gypsy that Remains” (In us there's a spirit that can't be tamed / No apologies for the Gypsy that remains).

Good loving lord

I saw of Montreal with my bf around that time, I don't remember much other than it was one of the most boring acts I've ever seen, but also one of the bands was Go! Team so it was great

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Remembering and failing to find the post about the mayor pete cinnamon roll photo about how he's actually cool for eating like a freak, because that's how all the super spy marine operator seals eat

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
just examined Kevin’s Twitter and now I wonder what’s their account

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Jan 4, 2023

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Zvahl posted:

Symbolically kneeling on Floyd's neck.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
some guy who said that because black people have the NAACP, white people should get the WAACP

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

some guy who said that because black people have the NAACP, white people should get the WAACP

lmao

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Binders full of women.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Laugh if you want, but Roger Stone is one of the few character actors that's equally convincing as both the Joker and Penguin.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
People forgetting how traumatized they were by the Bush years that they actually thought Trump was worse

Bush was funny, but remember there was this weird, gross, somber attitude of having to pretend he was good because of 9/11 and not at all a laughing stock. We were robbed of more funny politics poo poo than we could possibly remember

e: this is what got me thinking about him, love the delivery here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKTH6f1JfX8

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Bush killed 1,5 million people and destroyed Middle East for decades to come.

Trump tweeted nasty stuff and cut taxes.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Fish of hemp posted:

Bush killed 1,5 million people and destroyed Middle East for decades to come.

Trump tweeted nasty stuff and cut taxes.

Yeah but... the breaches of decorum were inexcusable

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Futanari Damacy posted:

People forgetting how traumatized they were by the Bush years that they actually thought Trump was worse

The fact that there was so much institutional pushback against Trump that was absent for Bush is crazy in retrospect

Zvahl posted:

CNN removing the episode of larry king live that corroborated tara reade's rape allegations against the current democrat president during the campaign

Like this, which I did indeed forget about

It's absolutely galling that as off the rails as the qanon crazies are, there are actual nuggets of truth to what they're saying. It's not even a matter of being right for the wrong reasons, because they are completely wrong about everything, it's the fact that the opposition is so feckless that the only way they can counter the insanity is to put their finger on the scale rather than to actually do anything people can support.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Futanari Damacy posted:

Bush was funny, but remember there was this weird, gross, somber attitude of having to pretend he was good because of 9/11 and not at all a laughing stock. We were robbed of more funny politics poo poo than we could possibly remember

"it's a series of tubes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj20zn-kSWA&t=77s

lol @ where I timestamped it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

this clip got a lot of play on YTMND

this one too

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFNE6lbD_b4

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Man, I have never seen worse delivery of a joke

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ikanreed posted:

Man, I have never seen worse delivery of a joke

turn on your monitor

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

of Montreal changing a line in the song Wicked Wisdom (2008) from “I’m just a black shemale” to “I’m just a powdered belle” in 2020 and replacing the original track on streaming platforms and future pressings. predictably a bunch of people were upset about the change and attributed it to cancel culture.

oh it’s on a concept album where the singer, Kevin Barnes, pretends to be the character described below. Kevin is white.

bonus: in 2020 they also released an album with the a song called “Gypsy that Remains” (In us there's a spirit that can't be tamed / No apologies for the Gypsy that remains).

to continue on this theme, Paramore stopped playing the song "Misery Business" on their live shows because there's a line where they call a woman a whore

now, the funny part isn't just that they did this

but that as of October of 2022, they announced they were "un-retiring" the song and would start playing it again anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
just cancel all male "musicians" indefinitely