Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Ooh, Magneto just popped up in my token shop - and I have Kingpin. Easy buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kerrek posted:

My tinfoil assumption is that she (and Ego) are obviously terrible AI players ... to distract you from the very passable AI players you encounter when the player queue is empty. There's no way you encounter so many available players at all hours.

I'm more suspicious of the "players" who make perfect plays every single turn of the match. The bots that don't even pretend to be subtle about it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

There has to be a faster way to grind.. am I missing something or do you just stop grinding when everything runs out and there are no more missions?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shammypants posted:

There has to be a faster way to grind.. am I missing something or do you just stop grinding when everything runs out and there are no more missions?

Yeah you open that wallet up

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

goferchan posted:

Yeah you open that wallet up

Not seeing how even spending money changes anything early on. Buying additional missions is even locked

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

There's still grind past dailies but it's a much longer scale. You can grind the season pass (even if you didn't pay) because the season caches have a chance of credits. You can also grind out ladder levels as long as you haven't hit 90 since that's where the credit/gold rewards stop.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shammypants posted:

Not seeing how even spending money changes anything early on. Buying additional missions is even locked

you buy gold then use that gold to refresh missions or buy blue gems to level your cards, but that is also limited

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's a new one. Opponent played Shuri-Typhoid Mary-Taskmaster-Absorbing Man and absolutely wrecked my poo poo

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Okay, found my new favourite interaction. I have priority, I play Leech, opponent plays Lady Sif. Sif discards Apoc, straight into the trash.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Seems like it's basically always +EV to instafold when Zabu comes down if you aren't also running him. Sure, sometimes you can outplay, and it's satisfying as hell when you do, but not often enough to be worth staying in for.

Pretty disappointing that they'd release a card like this so early in the game's life, it doesn't augur well for future game balance.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Vulpes posted:

Pretty disappointing that they'd release a card like this so early in the game's life, it doesn't augur well for future game balance.

It immediately warps the balance of any 4 drop in the future the same way that Mr Neg warps any high cost low power card. I think Zabu will probably end up being a 4 cost so you at least have to psylocke into dropping him on 3.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

It immediately warps the balance of any 4 drop in the future the same way that Mr Neg warps any high cost low power card. I think Zabu will probably end up being a 4 cost so you at least have to psylocke into dropping him on 3.

Honestly, I think he'll end up reducing the cost by 1 instead of 2.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
That just makes him a bad Sera that doesn’t let you play an extra 4 drop until 6.

A deck that goes all-in on Zabu 4 cost feels very powerful when it goes off but is extremely limited when it doesn’t. There are a lot of locations that gently caress up Zabu’s plan beyond the fragility of not drawing him in time. So the deck building challenge is going to be deciding how few 4 costs you can get away with to have a decent early game and be robust to drawing Zabu late.

I’m still missing a bunch of (formerly unplayable) 4 cards & Psylocke so I can’t say with full confidence but after a bunch of playing, Zabu feels kind of fragile/draw dependent. I’m wondering if he’s best understood as a package enabler, like Carnage/Bucky/Hood/Mysterio. Like maybe Zabu goes into a Sera disruption deck that wanted to play a bunch of 4 cost anyway or into Dino that wanted Moongirl anyway.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

That just makes him a bad Sera that doesn’t let you play an extra 4 drop until 6.

A deck that goes all-in on Zabu 4 cost feels very powerful when it goes off but is extremely limited when it doesn’t. There are a lot of locations that gently caress up Zabu’s plan beyond the fragility of not drawing him in time. So the deck building challenge is going to be deciding how few 4 costs you can get away with to have a decent early game and be robust to drawing Zabu late.

I’m still missing a bunch of (formerly unplayable) 4 cards & Psylocke so I can’t say with full confidence but after a bunch of playing, Zabu feels kind of fragile/draw dependent. I’m wondering if he’s best understood as a package enabler, like Carnage/Bucky/Hood/Mysterio. Like maybe Zabu goes into a Sera disruption deck that wanted to play a bunch of 4 cost anyway or into Dino that wanted Moongirl anyway.

It seems very flexible in Dino. Can play Moongirl + something else on 4, and then gives options other than Dino on 5 & 6 where previously you were obviously going to Dino both turns.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Most successful Zabu deck for me has been with Hazmat/Luke Cage. Zabu is really just for a cheap Wong and Moon girl but the deck doesn't need the 4 drops to win.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

l, Zabu feels kind of fragile/draw dependent.

This is most decks given the nature of the game. And unlike a lot of them, he’s played earlier and benefits you before they can counter even if they have the counter in hand.

The greater issue though is that he warps the power level of every future 4 cost card because every one of them has to be considered as a combo drop on 4 and as a trio drop on 6. Resource cheating is always a very powerful effect in card games and this is an insane one, easily as good as sera, and we know how much she makes possible already.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BoldFace posted:

Maybe it's the Kazar-Dracula deck. The point is to dump everything else except Red Skull or Infinaut on the board on turn 6.

Just wanted to say I've been running this with Attuma instead of Cosmo and I've been feasting on Zabu. Thanks!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Got to 70 this morning playing a nonZabu pure control deck I stole from the snap discord (top line of aero, prof x, gamora and leader) in absolutely the most satisfying possible way: playing prof x on a clearly telegraphed galactus play (wave, snap, one empty lane) with my nightcrawler already in the lane. 2 points, thanks pal.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never noticed myself playing against a significant number of bots but since the new season and rank reset they are undisputedly like over 50% of my games (with the dead giveaways like "impossible" card cosmetic upgrades) -- and these aren't the Deep Blue genius cheater bots either, they're full-on stupid ones that basically play like they're being controlled by Agatha. Not complaining because I am rocketing up the ranks, but it's weird, I didn't have this happen at all with the last couple rank resets.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

I never noticed myself playing against a significant number of bots but since the new season and rank reset they are undisputedly like over 50% of my games (with the dead giveaways like "impossible" card cosmetic upgrades) -- and these aren't the Deep Blue genius cheater bots either, they're full-on stupid ones that basically play like they're being controlled by Agatha. Not complaining because I am rocketing up the ranks, but it's weird, I didn't have this happen at all with the last couple rank resets.

I had the same experience though have had a drop off since I got to about 67-68 — where are you seeing them? I’ve seen some chatter of folks saying ranking up has been easier this season than last.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Beaten by your own Green Goblin

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I love watching a movement deck try really hard to play around Fisk tower only to lose to a free Aero I got from the hub on the last turn.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

goferchan posted:

My bot rate seems to be 50% "playing as bad as Agatha or Ego" where yeah, they make the dumbest moves (I've seen Ironheart played with no other cards on the field...) and easily could have won and 50% "wrecks my poo poo."

Then there are the matches where I'm not sure if it's a bot that, IDK, influences the deck/randomness? But ones where things like Jubilee ALWAYS pulls the best card it could (like Odin when they have Iron Heart and White Tiger in that lane...and the Tiger will ALWAYS go to the lane it needs to, somehow.) I swear, when I use Jubilee or Lockjaw they always pull the least useful card in that scenario. Or a Zabu deck that ALWAYS plays him on turn 3, whereas I'm running like a 70% rate of having to retreat with my Zabu because I don't have him by turn 4...first time I payed for a season pass, might be my last cause I'm not making good progress, here!

I'm also mad that nearly every good meta-deck I've seen, I'm missing, like, one card from still. Don't have Wave, or Psylocke to get other cards out early...don't have Dracula for the decks revolving around him, don't have Wong yet (got him pinned in the token shop, at least) don't have Magneto to make good use of Kingpin, etc... but that's just the nature of a FTP card game, so eh.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Who was it who was having issues with not being able to open stuff on the track? Brode says that the (now delayed :( ) patch should fix that for you:

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610549955613327360?s=20

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

goferchan posted:

Who was it who was having issues with not being able to open stuff on the track? Brode says that the (now delayed :( ) patch should fix that for you:

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610549955613327360?s=20

Yeah I'm actually @GWindborn who he was replying to and Shields on the Discord. I've been pretty vocal and salty about the whole thing everywhere I can be. Hearing the patch was delayed after getting some glimmer of hope that FINALLY something was going to work was infuriating but I'm hooked enough to wait and see.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah I've been running into this like crazy. Just had one play Bucky and Armor in the same lane on the same turn.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

They seem to have hooked up the bots with BAero, Movement and Zoo decks, im not sure the AI is quite up to running any of them.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
i haven't played a ton since reset (basically just doing missions + a handful of games to test Zabu) but I haven't run into a "whoa" Zabu deck yet (whereas Surfer was doing well everywhere right away). I did see the dual Spidey which is pretty scary but the rest of their draw must have sucked because they retreated on 6 (I had a big lead in one of those lanes and the open lane)

I'm sure as more people play and get Zabu and I climb it'll get worse

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

buffalo all day posted:

They seem to have hooked up the bots with BAero, Movement and Zoo decks, im not sure the AI is quite up to running any of them.

I played discard and destroy bots today as well. Not sure if those were around before or if they match your CL to the bots and now I'm seeing the big player cards for those decks.

I've won a ton of games this morning running an Agatha/ghost rider/jubilee etc deck while working and listening to podcasts.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 4, 2023

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

wyoak posted:

i haven't played a ton since reset (basically just doing missions + a handful of games to test Zabu) but I haven't run into a "whoa" Zabu deck yet (whereas Surfer was doing well everywhere right away). I did see the dual Spidey which is pretty scary but the rest of their draw must have sucked because they retreated on 6 (I had a big lead in one of those lanes and the open lane)

I'm sure as more people play and get Zabu and I climb it'll get worse

Yeah same, Zabu is scary but I win pretty handily most of the time I see them. Maybe it's part of the deck being inconsistent so I'm only seeing the times they don't draw.

Sidenote.. having more fun with the Dracula/Red Skull/Infinaut deck, and Dracula is a funny as hell counter to Leader. Just won 8 cubes because a guy was confident I couldn't come back, he copied my Dracula, his ended at 3 power to my 20.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Trying something different by going for a rock lock deck. I've been having fun so far but it's highly drop dependant:

Carnage and Viper are there for clean up, Angela and Wolfsbane are there to give me some cheap power on the board, then you have a disruption package of Korg, Rock Slide, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Debrii and Hood (which I can send over with Viper even if my opponent Armors it). Gamora is there to get 12 + 6 power on the board on the last turn once my opponent starts to get limited placement choices.

The only part that I don't really like is Hob: he can be good but he's unreliable and I don't have DD to make him reliable. Any suggestions for a replacement? Maybe just America Chavez to draw better?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Black Widow perhaps, although that could be rough from a power perspective
Maybe Polaris, she has decent power and you could clog a lane earlier?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Patch notes seem to have leaked:

https://twitter.com/SnapDecks/status/1610682185756938246

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
LOL please be real this is hilarious.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

wyoak posted:

Black Widow perhaps, although that could be rough from a power perspective
Maybe Polaris, she has decent power and you could clog a lane earlier?
Might work. Don't have BW but Polaris could be cool.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'll be honest, I didn't realize that Nova was a 1/2 even though I played him a lot in these past two months. He's a redshirt.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mierenneuker posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't realize that Nova was a 1/2 even though I played him a lot in these past two months. He's a redshirt.
Its less of a nerf to destroy decks and more a nerf to the thing where you'd only run killmonger and nova. I guess surfer decks might still do that.

I actually didnt play snap back in beta because I watched some streams and nova was a 1/2 that gave +2 power to everything that died and I thought wow these devs are idiots.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Tekopo posted:

Might work. Don't have BW but Polaris could be cool.

Tekopo posted:

Trying something different by going for a rock lock deck. I've been having fun so far but it's highly drop dependant:

Carnage and Viper are there for clean up, Angela and Wolfsbane are there to give me some cheap power on the board, then you have a disruption package of Korg, Rock Slide, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Debrii and Hood (which I can send over with Viper even if my opponent Armors it). Gamora is there to get 12 + 6 power on the board on the last turn once my opponent starts to get limited placement choices.

The only part that I don't really like is Hob: he can be good but he's unreliable and I don't have DD to make him reliable. Any suggestions for a replacement? Maybe just America Chavez to draw better?

I'm having a lot of fun (at low rank) with this:

Closing a lane with Storm makes the board-fill a lot more painful. I'd add Spider Man and Daredevil if I had them. Hazmat has been only OK, you don't really need luke cage but you really want them to have +4 cards on their side to make it impactful and that doesn't happen too often.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
there's more in that leak including this gem:

quote:

Now, the number of Collector's Tokens received by collecting all Series 3 cards with Collector's Treasure will change. Individual payout tokens are not set at 400, but will be 200 to 600. However, the token acquisition rate remains the same.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh my god that isn't a leader nerf at all l o loving l. Also oh god they really should have hit Surfer.