Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

The most satisfying hits against Hades are when he's firing his lasers.

it took me way too long to realize that you can safely beat his rear end during the 360 laser move, as long as its not EM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wish I was actually good at this game. I mean I've beaten it eith all weapons up yo 10+ heat and done EM4 runs and all but I don't feel like I really learned any patterns or got really specifically good at playing. I just spam dash and win by never letting up on that button.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

KittyEmpress posted:

I wish I was actually good at this game. I mean I've beaten it eith all weapons up yo 10+ heat and done EM4 runs and all but I don't feel like I really learned any patterns or got really specifically good at playing. I just spam dash and win by never letting up on that button.

I think that is pretty good. The game itself by way of looking at the trophies doesn't expect most players to go all the way. I think 16 Heat is the highest if you want all trophies.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 4, 2023

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
There is a 32 heat skelly statue. It's really tough.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wittgen posted:

I mean like PSN trophies. The game is built to go well beyond the trophy requirements obviously but getting the plat is a good measure of skill (in Hades, not necessarily for all games).

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Wittgen posted:

It's not that bad as long as you're picky about how you build up the heat. Mainly you want to avoid any modifiers that make enemies take longer to kill, because that means geometrically more time to make mistakes.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Lobok posted:

I think that is pretty good. The game itself by way of looking at the trophies doesn't expect most players to go all the way. I think 16 Heat is the highest if you want all trophies.

If it wasn't for the shield and gun I'd probably have a higher average heat. I cannot get good at those two. Meanwhile fists are sitting at 22 heat done.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess I should look into spending my 6 Titan Blood. Is there a recommended weapon to use them on for new players? I like all of the weapons except for the Bow (which I've ironically made it to Lernie with, but not Sword or Fists).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I wish the Heat modifiers didn't include stuff that messes with making or keeping a build. Would rather more stuff that was about the enemies or levels.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Lobok posted:

I wish the Heat modifiers didn't include stuff that messes with making or keeping a build. Would rather more stuff that was about the enemies or levels.

Out of all of the options, there are only two that do that: Underworld Customs and Approval Process. You honestly can ignore those for a long time.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Underworld customs isn't that bad. You only need to burn three boons total and get a cash refund. You also get a pick on what you burn, so most of the time you can sacrifice something that isn't key to your build.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I suppose by the time I could get good enough to worry about having all Heat modifiers turned on and turned up the second game might be out and I'd just switch to that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I got all the achievements, everything but the third skelly statue and the last few titles. Now that there’s a hades 2 a comin I’m going back to get those last few.

Only now I suck I’m starting over and working my way back up to the top. Lost my combat edge, but oddly my fishing has improved.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Kheldarn posted:

I guess I should look into spending my 6 Titan Blood. Is there a recommended weapon to use them on for new players? I like all of the weapons except for the Bow (which I've ironically made it to Lernie with, but not Sword or Fists).

1. Spend them on weapons you like and aspects that sound fun.

2. For fastest progression, only unlock 4 new aspects Skelly's favor is the first favor token you can unlock, and requires 4 weapon aspects and then 5 blood dumped into the basic Zag Sword aspect to fully upgrade it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kheldarn posted:

Sword: Nemesis aspect gives flat +% to crit for a few seconds after you special, nothing fancy but paired with Artemis attack (even more chance to crit) or Aphro attack (big boy numbers when you do crit) it can be pretty beefy.
Spear: Hades aspect gives huge attack/special buffs on foes hit with the spin and it's not too hard to get into an easy rhythm. Look out for quick spin/massive spin on hammers to really help the build out.
Shield: Chaos aspect lets you throw multiple shields after a bullrush which combined with the right boons can do a lot of damage, but imo it's kind of a boring weapon since it's just bull rush -> special -> repeat forever.
Bow: Chiron bow is OP as gently caress, the last foe you hit with an attack is "marked" and all special arrows from the volley seek the marked target. There are lot of ways you can build it but my favorite is Aphro attack, Artemis special, hope for their duo boon. The crits will be plentiful and the damage massive. Can be a little difficult to clear out huge waves since it's very much a focus down one enemy weapon
Fists: Talos aspect is very fun, your special pulls non-shielded enemies to you from across the planet. You can hugely gently caress with enemy positioning and completely control the flow of most encounters to your liking. Only downside is you can't pull bosses so you need to fight them more traditionally.
Rail: Fully upgraded Hestia + Aphro attack is arguably up there for the most broken build in the game, although it is a bit boring to play since you have to reload before every shot. Eris is weaker but more fun IMO since you need to play and position around hitting yourself with your special to proc the damage bonus.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 5, 2023

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Chiron is good but you really need to upgrade it with Titan blood before it hits its stride. I also like it's hidden aspect but you won't have access to that right away.

Nemesis is good sword and I've seen high level players really make good use of it. Posiedon can also be fun if you pair it with a good cast boon.

Highly subjective but I mostly find spear to be poo poo with the exception of Achilles which is also good for casting.

Talos and Demeter are fun for fists, but default Zag aspect is actually pretty good too.

For Rail I'm a big fan of Eris, but it does take a little to get used to blasting yourself in the face with the special.

IMO the big thing is that (fists aside) any aspect is an upgrade over the basic zagreus aspects.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah I will say one great use for the blood is to pour it into the zag fists, and then run them with Hermes' keepsake. Once you get comfortable taking risks to clear rooms fast enough to proc the keepsake, you can wrack up stupid amounts of dodge chance.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
My favorites

Sword: Everything is lame until you get the hidden aspect

Spear: Archilles is ok, you can just treat the special like it's a damage boosting reload. Probably best with a high damage cast.

Shield: Zeus is fun because you can stunlock folks with the disc.

Bow: I'm a Hera Bow lover. It's great with a big damage cast and lots of bloodstones to load. Personally, I prefer Aphrodite, lots of people like dio which is fine too.

Fists: The vanilla zag is the best one, so you don't need to unlock another right away

Rail: Hestia is spectacular if you remap the reload button to something comfortable. Treat it like a sniper / single shot gun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For the gun I think the game doesn't have a good default control scheme. Having to move your thumb off the face buttons to reload is a real drag. Since trying out the gun I've moved the Codex to the right joystick click instead so Reload can be on a trigger.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
As the only person on the planet who plays Hades with KBM, the gun is fine except it has the same problem every weapon does of special being mapped to Q by default which is kinda awkward. I used to map it to LShift but these days I just use a third mouse button.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I will second that Zeus shield is super fun. Maybe not the best, but fun.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Poseidon Sword isn't a bad one-level investment until you get the hidden aspect: you take the 3 bloodstone mirror upgrade and a cast that embeds in enemies and try to fish for Exit Wounds. A lot of the aspects aren't super compelling without several levels.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Zag fists are your best bet for early blood. hold on, let me find my old post about this

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

One of my fav builds that you can do early on is dodge stacking with the Zag aspect for the fists. It only takes 5 titan blood to max out the aspect and the rest should be easy to get. You will need the alternate dash skill on the mirror, the one that gives you just one dash but also a 50% dodge chance if you dash near an attack. You will also need Hermes gift, the lambet plume

With max zag on the fists, you get 15% dodge and with the plume, you will get more dodge each time you clear a room quickly. Its pretty easy to get it 20% or above by the end of a run.

Look for hermes boons during the run, the game should give you 2 by the end. You will want the boons that give extra dashes, so its easier to proc the extra dodge chance, and the extra dodge chance boon, which adds like 10%-20% dodge.

When you have the right boons, you will be at or above 100% dodge chance every time you dash near something for 2 seconds. Makes the last fight into a complete cakewalk

As for general advice, get very good at doing dash attacks with almost every weapon. They come out so quick and you can spam them constantly. Also, keep playing till you start to memorize all the gods and their boons. Being able to quickly game out the best possible builds when looking at your options will go a long way towards getting you consistent clears

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sydin posted:

As the only person on the planet who plays Hades with KBM, the gun is fine except it has the same problem every weapon does of special being mapped to Q by default which is kinda awkward. I used to map it to LShift but these days I just use a third mouse button.

If you're playing KBM you should absolutely map Special to the right mouse button. Then put cast wherever is most comfortable for you. (I do middle click because I three-finger the mouse, but a side button or on the keyboard would also work.) I dunno why the default KBM control puts special on Q but it's beyond dumb. You will never be using cast more than one of either attack or special.

Also I do KBM too, because I have absolutely no controller reflexes and am even worse at the game with a controller in hand.

edit:

TK-42-1 posted:

Is it just me or does everyone hit the tenth win with extremely OP builds that they there very excited to kick the poo poo out of dad with? I know both my son and I hit that mark as well as a couple friends.

Klyith posted:

My entry for fastest boss melting: one time I had a sword run that wasn't a hyper-specific combo, just a generally great set of boons from aphrodite, artemis, and demeter:
+damage (aphrodite secondary, double nova hammer, ravenous will, privileged status)
+crits (nemesis blade, pressure points, artemis cast & call, heart rend duo)
+long duration curses (weak, chill from dash & snow burst, killing freeze) so priv status was easy

Plus I was using a more offensive set of mirror options like ruthless reflex, when I'm normally way on the defense side.

Basically once it unloaded a full set of everything to trigger the conditions and turn on the nemesis crits, the damage was stupid 300-600 numbers all over the place. It was the first time that I was like, yeah I can just DPS-race Hades and win easily.

I hadn't been counting wins, that was my 10th.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 5, 2023

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I play kbm too. I just feel very out of control when I play on the deck so I just don’t do bow/gun for those runs. Lucifer with the fast-special hammer is one of the most fun runs I’ve had playing this game. Just absolutely melting everything while cackling like an idiot.

Is it just me or does everyone hit the tenth win with extremely OP builds that they there very excited to kick the poo poo out of dad with? I know both my son and I hit that mark as well as a couple friends.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TK-42-1 posted:

I play kbm too. I just feel very out of control when I play on the deck so I just don’t do bow/gun for those runs. Lucifer with the fast-special hammer is one of the most fun runs I’ve had playing this game. Just absolutely melting everything while cackling like an idiot.

Disappointment is the nigh universal reaction. I'm not sure if that's intentional.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

christmas boots posted:

Nemesis is good sword and I've seen high level players really make good use of it.

Here's a run I just did on my new save. I got kinda blessed getting world splitter, hoarding slash and an attack up chaos boon, but also I only have Nemesis up to level 2 for 19% crit. Regardless when I did crit with everything up (bloodstone in the enemy + privileged status) it was hitting for around 1200 damage.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
nemesis sword plus the jumping special is a great combo, jump in, backstab with two crits, double dash out

gently caress you dad!!!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't really like the jumping special, not because it's bad but because I have the dash cancel in muscle memory

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

serefin99 posted:

I will second that Zeus shield is super fun. Maybe not the best, but fun.

It carried me through my first complete run, just having it following me as I dash all over the place without having to inflict the damages myself.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

TK-42-1 posted:

For me, I had the exact opposite experience. My build was just a bunch of random garbage I had picked up because I hadn't yet realized how to rig the RNG in my favor, plus I only had like 1 death defiance at most. I was fully expecting to get killed, so I was ecstatic when Hades stepped aside and let me through without a fight.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

TK-42-1 posted:

Not in my case.

I had read that you don't fight him on run 10 so stacked up 32 heat for it.. :ssh:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Red Oktober posted:

Not in my case.

I had read that you don't fight him on run 10 so stacked up 32 heat for it.. :ssh:

youre living in 3023 hot drat

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Red Oktober posted:

Not in my case.

I had plans to try this but I miscounted my escapes.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1611019694869483523?t=4dYGMiZxGvkv3Wazibn2ZA&s=19
I was wondering how they were going to frame the base, i guess Melinoe is at witch school lol

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

In my case it was my first win with the Spear. IIRC I was already out of Death Defiances and went outside thinking "welp, time to die".

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Nihilarian posted:

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1611019694869483523?t=4dYGMiZxGvkv3Wazibn2ZA&s=19
I was wondering how they were going to frame the base, i guess Melinoe is at witch school lol

lmao @ the Ukraine flags in the QTs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

YaketySass posted:

lmao @ the Ukraine flags in the QTs

these people are deranged

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
A ukranian localization wouldn't be a terrible idea, I'd think. Easy PR probably drum up some pre-orders from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

these people are deranged

fellas is it deranged to have a language