Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Tekopo posted:

Decided to give it a go and got this on my first game:

Retreat at the start of 6 :v:

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tekopo posted:

Retreat at the start of 6 :v:

Love seeing a Shuri deck get dominated.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That deck really wants Patriot or Zabu/Wong for maximum Rock Sliding. I'm going to try a list with those 3 and see how it goes.

Oooh and hazmat too.

Oh yeah, that'll do.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 5, 2023

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

In most situations you only end up with two rocks on your side so Patriot doesn't really shine. Wong could work, but I kinda like having "all the dudes that use rocks" on my game, even if Rockslide isn't the greatest card. I wish Rockslide was a 3/4 instead of a 4/6.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Tekopo posted:

:respek:

I've posted this before but this is my general "gently caress your board state" deck; no Korg/Rockslide, instead trying to get the Debrii/Hazmat double-dip via Wong on T6:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Funnier win would have been just passing to win the middle with Sunspot :v:

Lmao I didn't even notice that, Destroyer was my T6 play. I guess they didn't notice too, since they snapped on the final turn even though I would have won by passing no matter where they played their combo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My agent gave me Quake and I used it to great effect in turn 6.

Nexus started on the left.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Brode confirms that the Leader power reduction is just a temporary measure and that they're going to nerf/rework him again in the future.

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610777789350940673
https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610777791754309633

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

Brode confirms that the Leader power reduction is just a temporary measure and that they're going to nerf/rework him again in the future.

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610777789350940673
https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1610777791754309633

welp, I goofed it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks to whoever mentioned hiding Ebony Maw behind Invisible Woman. Opponent snapped for 8 cubes because he felt pretty confident about using Wave to drop Death and Dock Ock on the right lane for T6.

Unfortunately I had Ebony Maw and Dracula hiding, moving that lane from -1 to 26.

drat I’m stupid. Why did I never think to play Destroyer with Cosmo if I didn’t actually want to destroy the rest of the cards?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

OK, definitely not buying Leader. Bless your heart, flatluigi.

Does getting a variant count as a “new” card in collector caches meaning I’ll be waiting longer for an actual new card?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mons Hubris posted:

drat I’m stupid. Why did I never think to play Destroyer with Cosmo if I didn’t actually want to destroy the rest of the cards?

that's also what prof x is doing in most of the destroyer lists, protecting the lanes from being blown up

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah you run Zero/Cosmo/Armor for that purpose.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

No it doesn't.

Also what the hell Snap. I have been stuck unable to get out of this game. It keeps saying reconnecting to game and reconnecting account. I've tried reinstalling the game and I'm still stuck here unable to leave.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This deck feels like it has potential:

You can mystique wong or patriot, obviously surfer+mystique+wong is the strongest of the win cons but you have backups. Cyclops should probably be maximus but I like running cyclops.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

No it doesn't.

Also what the hell Snap. I have been stuck unable to get out of this game. It keeps saying reconnecting to game and reconnecting account. I've tried reinstalling the game and I'm still stuck here unable to leave.

I had that same thing happen to me once, but logging in from another device fixed it for me.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I loving hate Leader. What a lovely broken card

Yes I just lost to one on a late snap

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

This deck feels like it has potential:

You can mystique wong or patriot, obviously surfer+mystique+wong is the strongest of the win cons but you have backups. Cyclops should probably be maximus but I like running cyclops.

Does Mystique into Absorbing Man copy the ability Mystique had previously copied?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

My Second Re-Reg posted:

:respek:

I've posted this before but this is my general "gently caress your board state" deck; no Korg/Rockslide, instead trying to get the Debrii/Hazmat double-dip via Wong on T6:

Hazmat decks are fun. Best Zabu deck ive played so far is with Hazmat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Does Mystique into Absorbing Man copy the ability Mystique had previously copied?
I haven't done it yet. My guess is it should? But I'm not speaking from experience. I've used him with debrii brood and ofc surfer.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

JackDarko posted:

OK, definitely not buying Leader. Bless your heart, flatluigi.

Does getting a variant count as a “new” card in collector caches meaning I’ll be waiting longer for an actual new card?

No. There's 4 types of chests, and they can contain:

-card
-cosmetic
-currency
-tokens

Variants are in cosmetic chests, they don't take the place of card chests.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Roger that, thanks y’all.

I’m in this awkward place where I have a few pieces for a lot of decks.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

No Wave posted:

I haven't done it yet. My guess is it should? But I'm not speaking from experience. I've used him with debrii brood and ofc surfer.

Don't own Absorbing man but it shouldn't. Mystique loses her on reveal ability when she gains an ongoing. It's why she doesn't double up with Wong. A second Mystique would work though (Patriot Moon Girl??)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Also while they're slapping numbers off of one drops they should dock a point off of Zero

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uXs posted:

No. There's 4 types of chests, and they can contain:

-card
-cosmetic
-currency
-tokens

Variants are in cosmetic chests, they don't take the place of card chests.
Well that's good because I was pretty annoyed when I opened one earlier and it was a terrible pixel variant Misty Knight

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got knulled for the first time outta nowhere and was like “what the gently caress is this bullshit!”

Dude got lucky with the +5 energy location so could drop destroyer and then venom’d it. Then boom, over 20point knull on another lane.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

flatluigi posted:

that's also what prof x is doing in most of the destroyer lists, protecting the lanes from being blown up

Yeah I’ve done Armor and Prof X to protect the other lanes but I never thought about making Destroyer not fire at all. I always think about the card effects in relation to the opponent; making a move deck was eye opening for me in thinking about how your own cards interact but I’m always finding new stuff.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

priznat posted:

I got knulled for the first time outta nowhere and was like “what the gently caress is this bullshit!”

Dude got lucky with the +5 energy location so could drop destroyer and then venom’d it. Then boom, over 20point knull on another lane.

I once armored a guy that was going to blow up like 15 points worth of stats for Knull or Zola via Venom.

I won :smug:

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Leader really just needs to play cards in their base form and not get a second round of buffs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think the easiest solution to Leader is just only have him copy the cards for the lane he's played in. He's just annoyingly powerful now, and there's no good way to play around him other than happening to run a Destroyer deck at the time or something

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah I’ve done Armor and Prof X to protect the other lanes but I never thought about making Destroyer not fire at all. I always think about the card effects in relation to the opponent; making a move deck was eye opening for me in thinking about how your own cards interact but I’m always finding new stuff.

cosmo and maximus is a fun interaction in surfer decks

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I think the easiest solution to Leader is just only have him copy the cards for the lane he's played in. He's just annoyingly powerful now, and there's no good way to play around him other than happening to run a Destroyer deck at the time or something

I like this solution as it requires the leader player to potentially guess. It can be telegraphed and played around a bit better as well.

I’m not sure if it would be a very good card anymore.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My first GIGATIE. all lanes tied none mirrored.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Been waiting for this one to happen, Wong -> Rogue (Wong) -> Mystique (Wong) -> Surfer

Sometimes it be like that, though

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

I just got Aero using tokens! And they could have gone further with the nerf.

Also, to even out a rediculous run of card pulls (which balanced out a prolonged terrible run), in exchange for pulling or buying: MR. Negative, Aero, Death, Venom, Patriot (Winter) and Brood in the past week, I just received M'Baku. I almost pinned him in my shop on the totally baseless theory that you can't pulled pinned cards. Am I correct that he still actively loses games, even if his effect goes off, because he jumps into things like Bar With No Name?

Incidentally, Bar With No Name is/was a great real bar in Toronto.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God it seems like people are stocked up on Killmongers and Elektras and waiting until turn 6 to play them just to be assholes for this daily thing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jesus, that was obnoxious.
Played against a Zabu deck that had Moon Girl, Spiderman and Absorbing Man.

Spiderman turn 5, the next turn, Absorbing Man in two different lanes.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

the_steve posted:

Jesus, that was obnoxious.
Played against a Zabu deck that had Moon Girl, Spiderman and Absorbing Man.

Spiderman turn 5, the next turn, Absorbing Man in two different lanes.

This is kind of the disgusting meta. Really the only way to make cubes off it is to snap before the T5 double spidey reveal otherwise people just retreat (as they absolutely should, gently caress your bullshit (i also use this bullshit sometimes)).

Edit:

Maneck posted:

I just got Aero using tokens! And they could have gone further with the nerf.

Also, to even out a rediculous run of card pulls (which balanced out a prolonged terrible run), in exchange for pulling or buying: MR. Negative, Aero, Death, Venom, Patriot (Winter) and Brood in the past week, I just received M'Baku. I almost pinned him in my shop on the totally baseless theory that you can't pulled pinned cards. Am I correct that he still actively loses games, even if his effect goes off, because he jumps into things like Bar With No Name?

Incidentally, Bar With No Name is/was a great real bar in Toronto.
FYI, You can absolutely pull cards that you have currently in the shop. Don't pin something you don't want.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just bought Mr. Negative. Pool 3 is broken as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Nega-wong looks like he's flipping the double bird and it's censored out :haw: