Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Seriously, Negative Surfer is disgusting.

I hate the early parts of a pool. I have Brood, Magneto, Ghost Rider, Omega Red, Maximus, Wasp and Venom but I'm still missing key cards for various decks. Brood and Wasp help make a destroy deck more fun to play, and Omega Red is good in an Ongoing Spectrum deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Winter Wonderland is still active in the boxes.

Relatedly, that's all six variants. Thx Doubledins.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Really hate discard/Dracula decks. You can't stop Dracula at all. It's not a reveal or ongoing, so unaffected by Cosmo or Enchantress.
And the discard is end of game, so can't even use a Shang-Chi if your opponent has priority.

I know I can ignore that lane, but with so many locations that you can't play or make it hard, that's not always an option.

The meta getting crazy... Need a doc doom to put a doom bot on deaths domain or sanctum... Need shang chi for high power cards...need a Cosmo and enchantress to stop Wong and Zebu, respectively.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 5, 2023

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Walla posted:

Seriously, Negative Surfer is disgusting.

I hate the early parts of a pool. I have Brood, Magneto, Ghost Rider, Omega Red, Maximus, Wasp and Venom but I'm still missing key cards for various decks. Brood and Wasp help make a destroy deck more fun to play, and Omega Red is good in an Ongoing Spectrum deck.

That’s 100% how early pool 3 feels. It feels worse when you hit collector caches and have to wait longer for cards as well.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Finally pulled Ultron to go with all the other pieces of this particular puzzle:

I am a fan.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Really hate discard/Dracula decks. You can't stop Dracula at all. It's not a reveal or ongoing, so unaffected by Cosmo or Enchantress.
And the discard is end of game, so can't even use a Shang-Chi if your opponent has priority.

I know I can ignore that lane, but with so many locations that you can't play or make it hard, that's not always an option.

The meta getting crazy... Need a doc doom to put a doom bot on deaths domain or sanctum... Need shang chi for high power cards...need a Cosmo and enchantress to stop Wong and Zebu, respectively.

Here are the counters I can think of for Dracula, they all suck because they're ultra specific to countering a single card that you may or may not see.
1) Junk their deck with rocks and then Maximus turn 6 to force more cards in their hand.
2) Hope Gambit smashes him off the board.

I would say "Shadow King seems primed for dealing with Dracula" except it's an on reveal and not an ongoing so that doesn't help at all.

Dracula sucks to play against, I know the devs probably feel that since it's a roulette card it's ok but let's be real. It's frustrating you can't even use power debuffers like Hazmat, Spiderwoman and Scorpion to at least knock down some of the power.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The Sean posted:

I enjoy playing very strange decks and I don't really care about climbing very much. I will swing like 20-30 ranks on a new deck and then get back up with my good deck if I feel like it.

I was thinking about some game concepts and linked a few together for a theme:

* If you don't have cards you can't play cards
* If your cards get weak or too expensive you can't play them
* If you don't have spots to put cards then you can't play them

So, I put together Rocks.

Antman
Iceman
Korg
Black Widow
Psylocke
Beast
Mojo
Scorpion
Ironheart
Lockjaw
Debrii
Rock Slide

Goal is to just clog the gently caress out of everything for them. I imagine it's really annoying to play against and hope people just leave instead of finishing the game. Even when they don't most of their cards or draws become useless.

So, the list again:

Antman - Almost every game fills up my side, if not both.

Iceman - Annoying,

Korg - Rocks.

Black Widow - Not a Rock but really annoying to not be able to draw.

Psylocke - Extra energy really helps with all of these cheap cards and Lockjaw.

Beast - Picks up all my annoying cards and possibly Lockjaw.

Mojo - 2 cost 8 power.

Scorpion - Annoying.

Ironheart - This deck is low power so the inclusion is obvious but sometimes I can get it to pop out of lockjaw twice in the same round when my deck is low.

Lockjaw - Good boy. Cycles so many annoying cheap cards in and out.

Debrii - Clogs up lanes with Rocks.

Rock Slide - Rocks.

I try to count how many cards I "ruin" and between the lost draws from widow or rocks and making them cost more or powered less I can usually ruin 6-8 cards in a match. I haven't quite figured it out yet but I'm getting there.

This is great. Reminds me of this troll deck from one of the few good Snap YouTubers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr_vymfi5b8

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Luke Cage should read "can't have reduced power" instead of "can't have their power reduced" if it's going to work against Scorpion after you've already played Scorpion.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's a weird interaction the first time you see it. You can also turn him off to crush your opponents board after an early hazmat because even her debuffs are actually floating ongoing mods to the cards and not a one time thing Luke prevents.

Notably he also turns off Lizards debuff at 4 opponents which is neat too

Zodack fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 5, 2023

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
It's also very easy to remember that Luke Cage is an ongoing card, and not on reveal.

I have certainly never forgotten that and played Carnage on him T6, losing the game because all my cards are now suddenly -2.

Not once.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, a really good interaction for just destroying an opponent is Wong on 4 to Hazmat and Psylocke on 5 to Odin and then Luke somewhere else on T6. -6 to all cards and then the surprise reveal as the last card and all your stats just pop back up.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

This is my favourite turn 6 ever:

Opponent Zola's into the left Wong lane, but plays Silver Surfer into the only lane that actually plays On-Reveals, and ends up double-buffing all his three cards! Oh no!

But he doesn't have any played 3 cards...

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I've never seen someone retreat so quickly after I hit End Turn

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
So I bit the bullet and bought Bast in the Token Shop. I've been trying this Negative Surfer deck:

And......I'm losing. I honestly feel like I am not finding my footing with this deck. I know how to use Bast early and Psylocke into a turn 3 Negative, but nothing is lining up. It's always been bad rng due to locations or card draw. What am I doing wrong?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Waffleopolis posted:

So I bit the bullet and bought Bast in the Token Shop. I've been trying this Negative Surfer deck:

And......I'm losing. I honestly feel like I am not finding my footing with this deck. I know how to use Bast early and Psylocke into a turn 3 Negative, but nothing is lining up. It's always been bad rng due to locations or card draw. What am I doing wrong?

Negative is one of those retreat often until things align and then snap early decks (like any big turn 6 deck really). For the surfer version, you really want to play more around surfer and board presence and use Negative as a boost if things line up.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

It's a hit and miss archetype. There are going to be games where you just bail because you don't have Negative or you drew bad. That being said I'd recommend a few adjustments:

For the smaller cards I would drop Mr Fantastic, I don't think his Negative swing is big enough relative to others. Put Ironheart in for sure, and Wolfsbane if you can fit him. I wasn't really able to get much out of Adam Warlock but maybe with Bast he feels better (I don't have Bast)

At the top end I like Jane Foster Mighty Thor, some people say she's a trap because she can be a dead card if you draw her too late, but when she hits she really hits. White Tiger and Devil Dino are good too, I haven't used them much but people seem to have success with them. I'd experiment with each of those alongside Iron Man (trying all at once would probably make your deck too top heavy)

This is what I'm running with: at its core it's a solid Surfer foundation and I win a decent amount of games without Negative at all. You build up a solid framework of Surfer and then KO them with one or two key Negative cards. Or you get a Jane Foster miracle and drop a ton of poo poo on them.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

It's a hit and miss archetype. There are going to be games where you just bail because you don't have Negative or you drew bad. That being said I'd recommend a few adjustments:

For the smaller cards I would drop Mr Fantastic, I don't think his Negative swing is big enough relative to others. Put Ironheart in for sure, and Wolfsbane if you can fit him. I wasn't really able to get much out of Adam Warlock but maybe with Bast he feels better (I don't have Bast)

At the top end I like Jane Foster Mighty Thor, some people say she's a trap because she can be a dead card if you draw her too late, but when she hits she really hits. White Tiger and Devil Dino are good too, I haven't used them much but people seem to have success with them. I'd experiment with each of those alongside Iron Man (trying all at once would probably make your deck too top heavy)

This is what I'm running with: at its core it's a solid Surfer foundation and I win a decent amount of games without Negative at all. You build up a solid framework of Surfer and then KO them with one or two key Negative cards. Or you get a Jane Foster miracle and drop a ton of poo poo on them.

Jane Foster is probably much worse in a Bast variant, since your turn 1/2 play now nerf her.

I would add Magik: It's an additional draw

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Love getting emote spammed by someone who has obviously packed dark dimension with something like a patriot blue marvel and an Ultron only for me to grab priority on turn 5 and drop a cosmo in that lane. The emotes stopped immediately.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dravs posted:

Love getting emote spammed by someone who has obviously packed dark dimension with something like a patriot blue marvel and an Ultron only for me to grab priority on turn 5 and drop a cosmo in that lane. The emotes stopped immediately.

Cosmo on an Invisible Woman stack is also very satisfying.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I had She-Hulk pinned in my shop, then pulled her from a collector's cache. Game immediately freaks out, crashes and then gives me the message that the client isn't up to date with the server.

Restarting fixed it but that was a weird glitch lol

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

DrBouvenstein posted:

I ran into a string of these decks so I started morphing their infinauts

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Some of the interactions in this game are fantastic, i just had a game where my opponent enchantressed my Patriot and Iron Man, which would have lost me the game, but they also got rid of their Armor, which meant that Attuma's special functioned once again, so it self-destroyed and I won that lane anyway.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

mirror123 posted:

I ran into a string of these decks so I started morphing their infinauts

I want to see a recording of the backfire when Morph pulls Destroyer.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
There is no worse feeling in the game than opening M’Baku from a collectors reserve

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just had a dozen games in a row where I either couldn't draw poo poo or my opponent perfectly countered every play. Either I'm worse at this game than I thought or the bots aren't even trying to pretend anymore. I'm done for the day.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

edgar_ posted:

There is no worse feeling in the game than opening M’Baku from a collectors reserve

Eh. He's not the best Series 4 card, but he has a home in Cerebro 2. He's better than opening Agent Coulson, Attuma, Helicarrier, Maria Hill, or Titania.

Man, Series 4 has a lotta lemons in it.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Eh. He's not the best Series 4 card, but he has a home in Cerebro 2. He's better than opening Agent Coulson, Attuma, Helicarrier, Maria Hill, or Titania.

Man, Series 4 has a lotta lemons in it.

Well I also opened Agent Coulson and don’t have cerebro :saddowns:

Also as someone who bought Titania (oops) she’s very much playable in both zoo and junk/lane control decks even if she’s nowhere near as good as I had hoped

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Titania is completely cracked and she's one of my favorite cards to use now that I've tried her in a few decks. I blindly play her on turn 2 or 3 and end up with success because she's a Math Grenade and the average player on ladder does not have to brainpower to calculate her bullshit. Also a great way to completely gently caress over Cerebro decks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Not sure if series 4 cards also work on a pity timer, because I got Titania and M'Baku within 8 chests of each other, so it would take a while before the third pity timer is in sight.

DangerDan posted:

Titania is completely cracked and she's one of my favorite cards to use now that I've tried her in a few decks. I blindly play her on turn 2 or 3 and end up with success because she's a Math Grenade and the average player on ladder does not have to brainpower to calculate her bullshit. Also a great way to completely gently caress over Cerebro decks.

So much screws Cerebro decks over, on top of the chance of not drawing Cerebro (and a second card like Mystique or Blue Marvel). They don't need help with that!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 5, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I would love to try coulson in surfer zabu. I climbed to infinite with Maria Hill she was great though Dino piles will probably not be as strong this season.

Attuma has been disappointing but yeah I'd agree that Helicarrier is the worst one.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Studio posted:

Jane Foster is probably much worse in a Bast variant, since your turn 1/2 play now nerf her.

I would add Magik: It's an additional draw

Ah, I didn't think of that. Yeah Jane Foster is only good if you draw her before playing Negative, so adding Bast drastically reduces her playability. And Magik is a must for sure, I need to unpack her

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Some times the BP/Zola combo is just *chef’s kiss*

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

I would love to try coulson in surfer zabu. I climbed to infinite with Maria Hill she was great though Dino piles will probably not be as strong this season.

Attuma has been disappointing but yeah I'd agree that Helicarrier is the worst one.

Helicarrier was my first Pool 4, Attuma my second. I've gotten good mileage out of Attuma in a few Zero/Armor/Dracula focused decks though, the Kazoo one that was going around and this variant I'm working with:

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Your problem is you're trying to cheat energy but Psylocke/Negative is your only path. Here's mine which has multiple paths to lower costs and can substitute Gambit for Surfer as a win condition

# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Gambit
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Wong
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbGZzYmFuZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNck5lZ2F0aXZlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1iaXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Shuri, Redmask and Taskmaster is some bullshit, let me tell you.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok im getting REALLY hosed by RNG today

What priority is Magneto dragging the 3/4 costs? I accepted a snap thinking he'd drag Dracula to a harmless lane as he was the first 4 cost card played. He definitely didnt!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Interesting interaction:

Magik can't be played on 6, fine.

But she's still an on reveal that says there's 7 turns in the game, so I would have assumed that it would still trigger when she gets played by, say, Lockjaw. But she doesn't apparently. Weird.

the_american_dream posted:

Ok im getting REALLY hosed by RNG today

What priority is Magneto dragging the 3/4 costs? I accepted a snap thinking he'd drag Dracula to a harmless lane as he was the first 4 cost card played. He definitely didnt!

Random?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

Interesting interaction:

Magik can't be played on 6, fine.

But she's still an on reveal that says there's 7 turns in the game, so I would have assumed that it would still trigger when she gets played by, say, Lockjaw. But she doesn't apparently. Weird.

That sounds like a bug, because I know I've seen Magik trigger on turn 6 after being pulled that way.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Waffleopolis posted:

I’ve been enjoying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoTc2ehD5Z4 a lot. It feels very versatile, and has decent potential even when missing your high rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Zabu-Wong-Surfer-Brood-Absorbing Man

This is the package.